Protein....

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    MuscleFrogs... I will try to be honest wiff you, there are NNOOOOOOOOOOOOO Studies ASSSS noone would take on such a thing... You NEED WHOLE FOODS FROGER......... There is No Way WPI is going 2 fit dat bill..
    Hi Touey, you're basing that on nothing. Quite literally, by definition, you are basing that on nothing.

2. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Use common sense here, when you eat something, think about each step of digestion. Your body is designed for solid real food.
    I know it is, but protein powder is real food. It's whey. And it is delivering protein.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    and this is what happens when we get all sciency

the body is not a textbook
    Love it when people use the word "sciency" - you're right, there's nothing "sciency" about the human body, and there's definitely no textbooks about the human body. Such valid points you've made. Hope next time you go to the doctor, you tell him not to be sciency when examining your body

4. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Those two can't really be compared fairly and you sort of stated that. A piece of meat that is equivalent in protein content to a protein shake has many additional factors (fat, calories, etc.).
    Hi Aleks, I know, would like to see if those additional factors, fat, calories, etc. actually have a significant difference in muscle growth.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MusclesFrogs View Post

By your grammar, you're far too intelligent for me to compete with.
    What's wrong with my grammar? Lmao i misspelled the curses so they don't look like this *******
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by musclefool View Post
    How am I being a douche sir?
    Don't be offended, you should know that Mike is an insecure defensive numnut who, with the most sincere form of idiocy, lamely attacks anyone who shows him that he's in actuality, an idiot.

7. Dude you are seriously retarted. This earth would be better off without you wasting valuable air

8. Quote Originally Posted by MusclesFrogs View Post
    Hi Touey, you're basing that on nothing. Quite literally, by definition, you are basing that on nothing.
    I know, actually maybe some will have a base for studying the comparison & who knows it shall turn up with wpi having for the better than wholefoods, but when I have too much whey for my personally I feel less from the benefit vs wholefoods...

9. Quote Originally Posted by machorox123 View Post
    Dude you are seriously retarted. This earth would be better off without you wasting valuable air
    Whoooa, I don't know how to recover from your witticisms. They're far too clever for me

10. Quote Originally Posted by Touey View Post
    I know, actually maybe some will have a base for studying the comparison & who knows it shall turn up with wpi having for the better than wholefoods, but when I have too much whey for my personally I feel less from the benefit vs wholefoods...
    That's at least fair and rational - unlike some members on this thread.

11. Quote Originally Posted by MusclesFrogs View Post
    Hi Aleks, I know, would like to see if those additional factors, fat, calories, etc. actually have a significant difference in muscle growth.
    You're seriously questioning whether or not extra calories contribute to muscle growth!? What's next...questioning whether testosterone makes a significant difference?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

12. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    You're seriously questioning whether or not extra calories contribute to muscle growth!? What's next...questioning whether testosterone makes a significant difference?
    That is what he was saying in the other thread. I think he is under the illusion that protein alone dictates weight gain, at least this is how I interpreted it
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

13. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what I am questioning. If there is not a scientific study proving it does, it would be irrational to not question it. Does that not make sense to you. And I am not talking about mass, I am talking about muscle mass. Obviously more calories will increase mass, but which.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    That is what he was saying in the other thread. I think he is under the illusion that protein alone dictates weight gain, at least this is how I interpreted it
    Misinterpreted. Not discussing weight gain. Discussing muscle gain.

15. Quote Originally Posted by MusclesFrogs View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what I am questioning. If there is not a scientific study proving it does, it would be irrational to not question it. Does that not make sense to you. And I am not talking about mass, I am talking about muscle mass. Obviously more calories will increase mass, but which.
    FFS, you're just a lost cause. There are an incalculable number of factors that play into the hypertrophic response beyond a specific macronutrient. It's irrational to not understand how mutlifaceted this equation is and that there will never be a definitive statement that will apply to everyone based on simple percentages and genetics. You first need to initiate an appropriate metabolic response before any hypertrophy can occur and, again, there will never be a universal approach to this. You then have to take into account genetic factors, lifestyle, age, work capacity, caloric intake, insulin responses, etc.. However, what you're essentially questioning is thermodynamics and those are proven laws of physics.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

16. Quote Originally Posted by MusclesFrogs View Post
    I know it is, but protein powder is real food. It's whey. And it is delivering protein.
    No it's not it processed food per digested for you.

17. guy is making friends so rapidly!
    his stay here is certain to be enjoyable

18. Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    guy is making friends so rapidly!
    his stay here is certain to be enjoyable
    I don't see "his stay here" being very long lol
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

19. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    FFS, you're just a lost cause. There are an incalculable number of factors that play into the hypertrophic response beyond a specific macronutrient. It's irrational to not understand how mutlifaceted this equation is and that there will never be a definitive statement that will apply to everyone based on simple percentages and genetics. You first need to initiate an appropriate metabolic response before any hypertrophy can occur and, again, there will never be a universal approach to this. You then have to take into account genetic factors, lifestyle, age, work capacity, caloric intake, insulin responses, etc.. However, what you're essentially questioning is thermodynamics and those are proven laws of physics.
    You're wrong, you're just obfuscating the issue by misdirecting the intent. You can definitely do studies with a large enough sample group to account for variable that still shows a consistent value. And the averaged data will account for anomalies.

20. Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    No it's not it processed food per digested for you.
    So are hot dogs, but those would be considered a real food.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Danb2285 View Post
    I don't see "his stay here" being very long lol
    you're so witty. Wouldn't want anyone to stay here to challenge what you follow blindly. Thanks for representing all followers of the past quarter million years of humanity.

22. Quote Originally Posted by MusclesFrogs View Post
    you're so witty. Wouldn't want anyone to stay here to challenge what you follow blindly. Thanks for representing all followers of the past quarter million years of humanity.
    lol easy champ just a joke
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

23. Quote Originally Posted by MusclesFrogs View Post
    You're wrong, you're just obfuscating the issue by misdirecting the intent. You can definitely do studies with a large enough sample group to account for variable that still shows a consistent value. And the averaged data will account for anomalies.
    Funny how you think you can grasp how to conduct peer-reviewed research yet can't grasp the most elementary of concepts. If it's so easy to do said category of study, then why has nothing of the sort ever been conducted? You would need millions of people from multiple ethnic backgrounds to even scratch the surface of having data large enough to account for the possible variables and it would have to be a longitudinal study, not something that could be decided in a mere 8-12 weeks.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

24. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Funny how you think you can grasp how to conduct peer-reviewed research yet can't grasp the most elementary of concepts. If it's so easy to do said category of study, then why has nothing of the sort ever been conducted? You would need millions of people from multiple ethnic backgrounds to even scratch the surface of having data large enough to account for the possible variables and it would have to be a longitudinal study, not something that could be decided in a mere 8-12 weeks.
    Thats absurd. You'd need no more than 100 people to give a reasonable result. For one to two months. You're just wrong, and what you're saying is completely unfounded, just words from your mouth.

25. Alright guys, Im done here. I don't get off squabbling. I came on here to ask if there has been a study. To our collective knowledge there has not. That means, regardless of what you are saying, you are all following a path that is literally and definitively based on nothing. Regardless of how you want to spin it to delude yourselves. Just so you know. Based on absolutely nothing. Unless you can post a study, there is nothing more to be said. I'm sure when I leave you'll take turns throwing jabs at me, but I won't be here to read it, so it will only be for your own perverse self gratification, but have fun with it.

26. Quote Originally Posted by MusclesFrogs View Post
    Alright guys, Im done here. I don't get off squabbling. I came on here to ask if there has been a study. To our collective knowledge there has not. That means, regardless of what you are saying, you are all following a path that is literally and definitively based on nothing. Regardless of how you want to spin it to delude yourselves. Just so you know. Based on absolutely nothing. Unless you can post a study, there is nothing more to be said. I'm sure when I leave you'll take turns throwing jabs at me, but I won't be here to read it, so it will only be for your own perverse self gratification, but have fun with it.
    If your question is what do the additional factors bring to anabolism, then you need to stop searching pubmed and take a basic biochemistry course.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

27. Quote Originally Posted by MusclesFrogs View Post
    Thats absurd. You'd need no more than 100 people to give a reasonable result. For one to two months. You're just wrong, and what you're saying is completely unfounded, just words from your mouth.
    8 weeks is barely even worth mentioning when it comes to finding definitive results on anything when it comes to hypertrophy. You're talking about, at best, 2-3lbs of LBM growth under the most ideal of circumstances and this is not something that will be linear. If it were, everyone would 240+lbs and lean, which is not the case.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

28. I really haven seen any research that supports this at all. When it comes to protein supplements it really is just supposed to add to your daily food content that your taking in. I think that you should drink 1-2 shakes per day in addition to your regular meals just for added protein. Make sure you are meeting your macros though that's really important. If you are doing this then everything else will come together.

29. Quote Originally Posted by MusclesFrogs View Post
    Guys, there have been a LOT of vague answers here based simply on what you do as opposed to the factual science of it. Got it, meat has more nutrients, oils, etc. But my question is, can anyone link me to any "scientific data" that shows eating meat increases muscle growth more/faster than the equivalent amount of protein taken via WPI. I don't want to hear any anecdotal data about what you do and how it helps, Im just curious if there's a link to a scientific study that compares the two - that is all that matters.
    Theoretically and logically there is no difference, the only difference will be in the digestion of the two which is quite small. It's the same concept as should I eat 1kg of oranges or take a vitamin c tablet...The biggest problem with taking only shakes is satiety, hence it is not recommended. Otherwise the source of the macro is not overly important. Eat 200g of protein from insects if you want.

30. You seem to be over thinking this too much and at the same time over simplifying the complexity of it. If you looking for a reason to justify a decision you have to prefer whey over meat. If you want a shake then drink a shake
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What flavor of protein shake is your favorite?
    By Chemo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 03:11 PM
  2. In Depth Protein Breakdown
    By YellowJacket in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 10:53 PM
  3. Protein Squares by request
    By wardog in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-27-2003, 02:27 PM
  4. Protein supplement