Suggestions for non-stimulant energy/mood enhancing supps

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys!

I have been using stimulants for a long while now. It has gotten to a point that I don't really feel much from my pre-workout supps and caffeine anymore. I am therefore taking a break. During this break I would like to find alternatives that is able to enhance mood and energy while still being able to reduce stimulant resistance and give the adrenals a break.

Any suggestions?

Have a nice day guys!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
MAN Sports has a great non stim Body Octane and for mood enhancing you could stack it with SNS Focus XT! This is one killer stack. FocusXT has a non stim version as well!

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Pete!

The main goal is actually to have something that boosts mood/energy during various points of the day, not just pre-workout. Would you still consider Body Octane for that?

Ice4534

Ice4534

Awards
Thanks Pete!

The main goal is actually to have something that boosts mood/energy during various points of the day, not just pre-workout. Would you still consider Body Octane for that?
For mood use 5-HTP, l -theanine, and st. Johns wort

AtomicFox

AtomicFox

Awards
  • Established
For mood use 5-HTP, l -theanine, and st. Johns wort
I don't feel much from 5-htp. I do however use it during the winter seasons before going to sleep. I haven't tried l-theanine, maybe I should try that. Good suggestion!

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys!

I have been using stimulants for a long while now. It has gotten to a point that I don't really feel much from my pre-workout supps and caffeine anymore. I am therefore taking a break. During this break I would like to find alternatives that is able to enhance mood and energy while still being able to reduce stimulant resistance and give the adrenals a break.

Any suggestions?

Have a nice day guys!
a stim break is what you need.

looking for 1 product for everything you want might not be out there.... yet. instead i would mix and match various non stim options out there.

i would do Ultima + Hemavol or Compete, [our hemavol/compete is flavored perfectly, it can cover up ultimas taste. you'll thank me later;)] i would personally get compete

PS hows your diet/nutrition? last time i felt the way u described i took a week to take into account what im eating, and everything just clicked perfectly after.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Thanks Pete!

It will help a little through out the day for energy but the best use is pre w/o.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Focus xt and hemovol are a must on a stim break.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ALCAR would be my first pick.

I haven't tried caffeine free Focus XT but I really like the regular version.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
ALCAR would be my first pick.

I haven't tried caffeine free Focus XT but I really like the regular version.
Thanks for the support,I love ALCAR,and often add it in to my Focus Xt when I am in the mood for a mental state like no other,but as a stand alone and to offer the energy he said he was looking for along woth the focus,I would prefer stim-free Focus Xt over just bulk ALCAR,the 2 together tho,all I can say is WOW!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
I still think that stim free focus xt with MAN body octane would be great!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
VERSA-1™ , ALCAR, and caffeine free Focus XT would be my top choices.

VERSA-1 gives me a notable boost in mental clarity, mood, and energy, which lasts throughout the day. I'm a big fan of ALCAR and Focus XT for added focus and mental energy as well.

1 cap VERSA-1 + 1g ALCAR + 1 scoop Focus XT has led to some highly focused and productive days.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Caffeine free focus xt is amazing.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
VERSA-1™ , ALCAR, and caffeine free Focus XT would be my top choices.

VERSA-1 gives me a notable boost in mental clarity, mood, and energy, which lasts throughout the day. I'm a big fan of ALCAR and Focus XT for added focus and mental energy as well.

1 cap VERSA-1 + 1g ALCAR + 1 scoop Focus XT has led to some highly focused and productive days.
Funny, Versa-1 didn't do anything for me? I am excited to try ALCAR though:)

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Funny, Versa-1 didn't do anything for me? I am excited to try ALCAR though:)
I'm sorry to hear that man; unfortunately, everyone doesn't always respond the same way to any product. I actually logged and enjoyed the use of several bottles before joining the company. My first experience with VERSA-1 was during the beta test; I noted the mood and energy enhancement that the OP is looking for throughout my run. This was without any prior knowledge of the product’s potential effects. I’d definitely recommend trying ALCAR as well. I prefer using 2g first thing in the morning or before training for added focus.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
3 caps aav2 with 3g ALCAR