Agmatine timing?

A

ALBIE ONE

Awards
Hi guys I just bought SNS Agmatine.I was wondering since I am already using RPM/PEAK BETA as a preworkout,could I take agmatine in the morning and post workout instead of using it preworkout?Off days in the morn and the afternoon?Any suggestions much appreciated.Thanks.

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
take a gram pre bed for GH

i've also taken a gram in the morning, with good results

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
You can take agmatine anytime of the day you want. If I'm not taking it pre-workout, I generally like to take it pre-carbs.

A

ALBIE ONE

Awards
thanks guys.will try both.so its not needed for the benefits to be seen just preworkout??

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Take it before your high carb meal(s) if you don't take it directly pre-workout. This is what I tend to do.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks guys.will try both.so its not needed for the benefits to be seen just preworkout??
For pumps, you want to take it pre-wo or at least earlier in the days as I've felt fullness for up to 6hrs after dosing with high carb meals.

For the other health benefits, take any time you wish, best with higher carb meals.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Take it before your high carb meal(s) if you don't take it directly pre-workout. This is what I tend to do.
This, pre bed with a small carb meal is great too

A

ALBIE ONE

Awards
Thanks guys .im taking it in the morn,or either later afternoon with a high carb meal or before bed.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like taking mine pre-carbs with Na-R-ALA and ALCAR.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
I like mine best dosed pre workout with a low carb meal or shake,and then before bed with another low carb meal.Most will prefer it pre workout as it gives some amazing pumps,but after some expirementing with dosing/timing and prolonged use you will notice many other benefits as well.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Works great with Carb Backloading.

2 caps before workout at 6PM, 2 caps right after workout which is when my big meal / carb full meal comes in play.

Toss some Anabeta in there as well and it's golden

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you for reminding me to stock up on ALCAR. I ran out a month ago, and totally forgot to re-up.
I am on my break off ALCAR right now. Good stuff :)

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've always dosed my agmatine 30minutes pre workout for LH/GH boost and then 30 minutes pre high carb meal With anabolic pump for nutrient shuttling...

Upon more reading, I've seen some people say to take WITH food. Can someone clarify whether this means WHILE you are eating, or, as I stated above, with a gda like 25-30 minutes BEFORE food to help shuttle the nutrients? Thanks!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've always dosed my agmatine 30minutes pre workout for LH/GH boost and then 30 minutes pre high carb meal With anabolic pump for nutrient shuttling... Upon more reading, I've seen some people say to take WITH food. Can someone clarify whether this means WHILE you are eating, or, as I stated above, with a gda like 25-30 minutes BEFORE food to help shuttle the nutrients? Thanks!
When taking as a bulk supp, I've always took mine prior to carb meals as you stated (with my GDA ~20 min prior).

When taking consistently, I notice a great mood enhancement also.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
My favorite is to dose 1 gram combined with other nutrient repartitioner(s) with a carb-heavy PWO meal. Feels great and gives a great pump for your workout.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I find I can take it almost at any time and get its benefits. I also really like this product when low carbing it. it helps keep deflated muscles looking full.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've always opted for pre-workout or before heavy carb meals. Never felt the need to go above 1g.

D

domore

Awards
I've dosed up to 2.5 grams, and never felt much.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I usually eat 2 hours prior to lifting, and take agamatine about 1 hour - 45 minutes before lifitng. I love this stuff! I only take 1g

Reactions: mw1
M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Upon rising/preworkout = mood benefits
Pre-bed = sleep benefits
Preworkout = pump benefits
Pre-meal = GDA benefits
Pre-cardio = analgesic benefits

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upon rising/preworkout = mood benefits Pre-bed = sleep benefits Preworkout = pump benefits Pre-meal = GDA benefits Pre-cardio = analgesic benefits
No ref to GH release? Is it because the release of GH is not significant with agmatine and one should not bother taking it for that purpose ?

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
No ref to GH release? Is it because the release of GH is not significant with agmatine and one should not bother taking it for that purpose ?
It is significant, but natural GH boosters don't come close to levels needed for body recomposition. That's because GH is released in a pulsatile fashion throughout the day. Transient fluxes have minimal effect on a hormone that relies on 24-hour pulsatile action

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Upon rising/preworkout = mood benefits
Pre-bed = sleep benefits
Preworkout = pump benefits
Pre-meal = GDA benefits
Pre-cardio = analgesic benefits
These are my favorite times to use agmatine but Ive never tried pre bed for sleep.

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is significant, but natural GH boosters don't come close to levels needed for body recomposition. That's because GH is released in a pulsatile fashion throughout the day. Transient fluxes have minimal effect on a hormone that relies on 24-hour pulsatile action
Sooo.... Dopadex....

Edit: I assume it's meant for dopamine and to lower prolactin, not to increase GH...
Was just thinkkg about powerfull and dopamine

M

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Sooo.... Dopadex....

Edit: I assume it's meant for dopamine and to lower prolactin, not to increase GH...
Was just thinkkg about powerfull and dopamine
Dopamine:

1. Improves sleep
2. Improves mood
3. Elevates GH -> yes, this isn't a body-composition-specific benefit, but it has other benefits
4. Elevates testosterone
5. Elevates libido
7. Lowers prolactin
8. Improves energy levels

B

bdybldnaam

Awards
Got some bottles of AS Agmatine (500mg) for Christmas.

How long can u go before cycling off? 12 on, 4 weeks off?

M

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dopamine:

1. Improves sleep
2. Improves mood
3. Elevates GH -> yes, this isn't a body-composition-specific benefit, but it has other benefits
4. Elevates testosterone
5. Elevates libido
7. Lowers prolactin
8. Improves energy levels
My GF hates me in the morning after I take dopadex lol
But the mood and deep sleep benefits are amazing, only downside I have noticed is taking it too close to a meal. I woke up in the middle of the night with crazy nausea, I thought I was about to break out with some crazy flu requiring a trash can next to my bed(nausea)

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Upon rising/preworkout = mood benefits Pre-bed = sleep benefits Preworkout = pump benefits Pre-meal = GDA benefits Pre-cardio = analgesic benefits
Well summarized. I've never used it pre-cardio.

Hansel

Hansel

Banned
Awards
Yeah, all of what "mr.cooper69" said is true. One time, I had two scoops of Hemavol before a meal. Damn, I swole up right at the dinner table just after eating the wedge salad app at Ted's Montana Grill!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'll be starting agamatine+AP pre carb meals next week. Years ago I thought Agmatine had some GDA properties, nice to know more is coming out that it does and I'm not crazy.
May help with insulin sensitivity.

Hansel

Hansel

Banned
Awards
Distilled Water - Will you let us know how it goes with the AP and Agmatine? I'm about this close to pulling the trigger on some AP.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Distilled Water - Will you let us know how it goes with the AP and Agmatine? I'm about this close to pulling the trigger on some AP.
Absolutely.

I did some good glucose readings years ago with AP and it proved extremely beneficial. I need some more test strips to see about agmatine (which I've been saying for about 3yrs now)

Hansel

Hansel

Banned
Awards
Sweet, thanks man. That's cool, good to hear. I guess I'll give the AP a try then.

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'll be starting agamatine+AP pre carb meals next week. Years ago I thought Agmatine had some GDA properties, nice to know more is coming out that it does and I'm not crazy.
I always do this when I'm running agmatine. (Ap is a staple) I love using both pre meal / pre fasted training woo

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Stack it with some gplc and you got a amazing pump. Right now im doing that and nitro pep 380 and one hell of a pump!!!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Stack it with some gplc and you got a amazing pump. Right now im doing that and nitro pep 380 and one hell of a pump!!!

I never really liked GPLC all that much, from a cost and effectiveness perspective.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I never really liked GPLC all that much, from a cost and effectiveness perspective.
Yes, and people don't realize the commonly quoted dose of 4.5 grams is usually too much and can actually hamper performance.