Need help reaching my genetic potential.

detroitdrugzz

Awards
Stats- 19 years old, 200lbs, 6ft tall, 14% body fat. Once I reached the 200lb mark I was considering using AAS or PH. However, after joining several forums I took the advice of the moderators/vets to not cycle until I was 24 and have completely maxed out my genetic potential. However, in the meantime I want to use the most effective alternative supplements. I have been looking into things such as insulin shots. Not sure the best route to go. I already know about basic supps such as creatine, whey, mass gainers, N.O... Looking for something to use more hardcore than these. What are considered the best products out there? Not going to waste my money on something that isn't worth it.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stats- 19 years old, 200lbs, 6ft tall, 14% body fat. Once I reached the 200lb mark I was considering using AAS or PH. However, after joining several forums I took the advice of the moderators/vets to not cycle until I was 24 and have completely maxed out my genetic potential. However, in the meantime I want to use the most effective alternative supplements. I have been looking into things such as insulin shots. Not sure the best route to go. I already know about basic supps such as creatine, whey, mass gainers, N.O... Looking for something to use more hardcore than these. What are considered the best products out there? Not going to waste my money on something that isn't worth it.
First off, insulin shots aren't supplements. Second, if you don't know everything about blood sugar, the different types of insulins... Etc it can kill you.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. Insulin is not for beginners.

Anabeta, Prime, Fadogia, Forshohlin are all good options to work with.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I already know about basic supps such as creatine, whey, mass gainers, N.O....
your list here is hardly complete, and more importantly - these are SUPPS, which (coincidentally) happens to be in the proper section you have posted in

insulin however is not only NOT a sup (therefore making it bad form to post it in this section), but it is also a HORMONE

please refer back to your mods/vets who have advised you not to use anything hormonal until you are older
and when you do begin messing with your hormones - I would not suggest jumping in and messing with a very dangerous hormone in the body

the bright side is - you got 5yrs to go read and study on the topic ;)

best to you

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At 19, I can guarantee you have not maxed out your genetic potential. What are your 1RMs? How long have you been training? How many calories per day do you consume?

detroitdrugzz

Awards
I try and eat like 4000 to 5000 a day. my bench 1rm is idk never tried it before. I do 3sets of 8 reps at 240. I can do 28 consequtive pullups. My squat is probably sucky cuz i haven't done it in a long time cuz I have this weird joint pain in my thigh that i'm waiting to go away first. over 300 below 400.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I try and eat like 4000 to 5000 a day. my bench 1rm is idk never tried it before. I do 3sets of 8 reps at 240. I can do 28 consequtive pullups. My squat is probably sucky cuz i haven't done it in a long time cuz I have this weird joint pain in my thigh that i'm waiting to go away first. over 300 below 400.
When I hear try to eat a certain amount, that always tells me that you're not diligent with your nutrition and you have a low squat and didn't even mention whether or not you deadlift.

detroitdrugzz

Awards
When I hear try to eat a certain amount, that always tells me that you're not diligent with your nutrition and you have a low squat and didn't even mention whether or not you deadlift.
dont know what u expect man. I have a pain in my thigh atm. I do deadlift. I just haven't done legs in 2 months because I have rehabilitating this injury.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
First off, insulin shots aren't supplements. Second, if you don't know everything about blood sugar, the different types of insulins... Etc it can kill you.
Second this with emphasis on the "it can kill you"!!! How about this. Post your diet, training and stats and we can then help you reach your genetic potential.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dont know what u expect man. I have a pain in my thigh atm. I do deadlift. I just haven't done legs in 2 months because I have rehabilitating this injury.
I expect you to realize that you're nowhere near your genetic potential as a teenager especially with admittedly less than optimal nutrition.

manstr

manstr

Awards
I expect you to realize that you're nowhere near your genetic potential as a teenager especially with admittedly less than optimal nutrition.
If you read op he states he knows he is not at his full genetic potential. And also everyone has to have deadlifts in their routines? Lol

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you read op he states he knows he is not at his full genetic potential. And also everyone has to have deadlifts in their routines? Lol
Why wouldn't you? It is (IMO) the best mass building exercise there is. An argument can be made for squats, and I don't disagree, I just prefer deads.

That said, any routine that doesn't include both is garbage.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
Why wouldn't you? It is (IMO) the best mass building exercise there is. An argument can be made for squats, and I don't disagree, I just prefer deads.

That's a generally well received theory but not entirely true. There have been several great BBs who have done only one or neither of those exercises and had great success. That said I love training legs, love squats, and have a love/hate for Deads. That brings us to another topic, I'm not sure the OP revealed his training preference. Strength, BBing, overall fitness. Different approaches...

OP, any routine you choose will only be a small fraction of action you take for results that you desire. It nearly all boils down to nutrition. Track it and follow a diet formulated for your goals...

manstr

manstr

Awards

I definitely agree it is great for building mass. But so are CGBPs and not everyone incorporates them into a routine. Everyone has their preferences and everyone is different. Like op said the squat movement hurts(not in a good way) him so why continue? Perhaps deadlifts hurt his leg too, or his lower back has an injury that prevents using adequate weight? Or maybe he already targets those areas with different movements? Deadlifts aren't the end all to legs/back.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I definitely agree it is great for building mass. But so are CGBPs and not everyone incorporates them into a routine.
yeah i'm not into the deads vs squats argument, enjoy both but squats better

but - am i missing something here, or are you claiming the cgbp is great for building overall body mass?

manstr

manstr

Awards

but - am i missing something here, or are you claiming the cgbp is great for building overall body mass?
Haha no I'm just saying it is a good mass builder for triceps. It was merely a comparison.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
He shouldn't really be considering things like insulin shots (which require research) until his legs heal. The last thing you want is to be 'that guy' who just trains upper but never lower.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

My point is not deads vs. squats; I'm responding directly to the q about recommending deadlifts. I feel any training protocol that does not include them is (at best) incomplete.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
My point is not deads vs. squats; I'm responding directly to the q about recommending deadlifts. I feel any training protocol that does not include them is (at best) incomplete.
as stated, I can agree, to a point
context is everything; generally speaking, imo you cannot say a routine that does not have both (or even one or the other) is incomplete, as there re many different training goals/parameters out there

the general idea of working legs however, with some kind of compound work (even just leg curls/extensions if that is all you can do), is pretty essential if you want strong legs when you are an old man, and for physical appearances as well
as for lower back, there are other things you can do to strengthen this portion as well, other than deads

a foundation built on sand, cannot last

now - for true bb'ing and pl'ing, yes we can narrow things down to squats and deads being pretty damn useful
esp, if one is speaking of reaching this "genetic potential"

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's the point of bolding what you did in the first quote? To take things out of context, or...?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
as stated, I can agree, to a point
context is everything; generally speaking, imo you cannot say a routine that does not have both (or even one or the other) is incomplete, as there re many different training goals/parameters out there

the general idea of working legs however, with some kind of compound work (even just leg curls/extensions if that is all you can do), is pretty essential if you want strong legs when you are an old man, and for physical appearances as well
as for lower back, there are other things you can do to strengthen this portion as well, other than deads

a foundation built on sand, cannot last

now - for true bb'ing and pl'ing, yes we can narrow things down to squats and deads being pretty damn useful
esp, if one is speaking of reaching this "genetic potential"
Uh..
Hold up! Give my friend single leg squat credit.

The best supplements for you would be creatine and n.o products. Under no circumstances will you try an anti estrogen or testosterone booster as your 19 and that could mess ya up.

Anabeta is a natural Anabolic. Xgels is another,beta alinine, agmatine ,cop, citruline malate. These are things that can help you naturally

Don't **** with insulin or aas the repercussions will be hormonal imbalance and/or death at your age and understanding.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let's make this simple and easy for the OP. If you have to ask what you need to use that's more "hardcore" then supplements......then you are not ready for any of those things. At 19 years old you need to eat, train, eat, rest, eat, eat and repeat.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
to go even clearer, if you can't do legs including deadlifts due to injury, its totally pointless to worry about "hard core" supplements as you're literally clipping half your workout out.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you want insulin, the closest thing you should come to that is eating sugar after your workout :p

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there any legitimate reason to exclude them? There is nothing else that requires the level of CNS involvement and motor units more than the deadlift. Lets also not forget that this is a lift that requires high amounts of intensity and dedication, which are both required to achieve any goal.