Best post workout/recovery supplement

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
I've searched the forums and it seems like the focus is really on cutting, pre workouts and test boosting supplements. It seems like the post-workouts barely get any press. I would like this to be a comprehensive thread for all types of recovery supplements including, test and GH boosters. ive tried l-dopa at night and creatine post workout but the only true "post workout" supplement ive tried is MusclePharm Recon and it works pretty well. No hate on MP but they are one of the more "commercial" supp companies and im sure that there are other products that work just as well ore even better than Recon, i just dont know where to start.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bulk peptopro, 10g.

Mike

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If i was able to eat whole food post workout, that would be great, but I have no stomach to do that, and I usually do all my shopping post workout lol, so I bring my shaker :p

Mike

Aussteve

Awards
80 gm malto/ dextrose 50/50 mix, 20 gm EAA, 10 gm L-leucine, 10 gm glutamine, 10 gm creatine. This is within 5 min of last rep of session!

I come from a track sprint cycling background so might be a bit diff requirements but I'm finding it works now with more BB routine!!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
EAS Phosphagen HP
I used that in high school.. I used that, my training parter used cell tech. I didn't even think that was still around!

Mike

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
10 years ago i used cell mass religiously....

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10 years ago i used cell mass religiously....
I made my home celltech back in the day and i swear i grew the best with 80g dextrose pwo. I really consider going back to it. Im sorry but high carbs pwo drastically swell me up like a mofo real fast. I go from flat pwo to looking like ima explode with high sugar.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
never tried dex

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Cell Shock!

i eat twice postWO - I like food too, but immediate preference is liquid nutrition..
food comes a bit later

CS fits purrfektly ;)

ALBIE ONE

Awards
I like Dark Matter ,Professional supplements Aminolinx and RSP REGEN.Would like to try Cell shock and recon.wish Iforce or Man sports would make post workout drinks.

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
I like Dark Matter ,Professional supplements Aminolinx and RSP REGEN.Would like to try Cell shock and recon.wish Iforce or Man sports would make post workout drinks.
Recon is pretty good for recovery. But the taste is horrid. Usually i dont care about taste, but after pushing yourself to the limit and feeling nauseated after the gym and a buttload of cardio the last thing you want is a postworkout drink that makes you gag and has an aftertaste that lasts 10 minutes. Just my 2 cents, idk why Recon tastes so bad when Assault is one of the better tasting pwo's out there.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10g BCAA
50g Karbolyn

My sessions last up to 3-4 hours and I've found that having this intra-workout is the best thing to do for not only recovery, but to keep energy levels up to complete my training.

ALBIE ONE

Awards
Thanks for the heads up.I love the raspberry lemonade assault.but yeah I would want something refreshing after kickboxing/mma.
Recon is pretty good for recovery. But the taste is horrid. Usually i dont care about taste, but after pushing yourself to the limit and feeling nauseated after the gym and a buttload of cardio the last thing you want is a postworkout drink that makes you gag and has an aftertaste that lasts 10 minutes. Just my 2 cents, idk why Recon tastes so bad when Assault is one of the better tasting pwo's out there.