Joint Force post knee surgery?

sisi1887

Awards
So my mom is 3 days out of a torn meniscus surgery now. She was prescribed pain killers, which only help for a few hours, but then the pain comes back. We're not even sure if she should be in this much pain 3 days after this kind of surgery. I still have some Joint Force left that I had been using for my elbow.

Would it be helpful or would you advise if she should use Joint Force for her knee only after 3 days post surgery? I'm not sure if this would help or hurt....

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
She will be in a good bit of pain for up to 3-4 weeks post surgery with that kind of surgery. It couldn't hurt, I'm wondering if Cissus would help a little, I'm thinking more in the vein of something that reduces inflammation ie fish oils..

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
i believe you want to start sups 1-2 weeks after surgery, let the doctors RX pills they prescribed do thier work, then after incorporate sups, did she get her meniscus scoped out?

is she still one it? is she keeping it elevated? my ex gf went through 2 foot surgeries in 1 year, and the moment she didnt have her foot elevated the pain went from non existent to annoying.

after try joint force, or our Joint Help supplement, cissus + ParActin. ParActin is pretty much heaven. srsly.

sisi1887

Awards
Yeah I believe it was scoped out. Been icing and keeping the foot elevated for now. I think she still has some swelling but it has gone down considerably now. But that's what I figured, dunno if it's advisable to mess with the natural healing process

sisi1887

Awards
cissus and ParActin reviews sound pretty good. Are there anything that would be immediate help, or is best thing to just rest and follow the normal protocol?

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
i believe you want to start sups 1-2 weeks after surgery, let the doctors RX pills they prescribed do thier work, then after incorporate sups, did she get her meniscus scoped out?

is she still one it? is she keeping it elevated? my ex gf went through 2 foot surgeries in 1 year, and the moment she didnt have her foot elevated the pain went from non existent to annoying.

after try joint force, or our Joint Help supplement, cissus + ParActin. ParActin is pretty much heaven. srsly.
^^ This, right here. I use Joint Help in conjunction with the topical Joint Force spray. I would wait until her wounds close a little to use the spray, though, but that's just me.

sisi1887

Awards
Thanks. Yeah I guess it's better to just hold off on supps for now. Her knee still has some swelling as well which needs to go down.

gboslice

gboslice

Awards
I think she's a little too early to worry about the supplement portion of recovery. Her physical therapy is going to be what really does the job. I've had acl recon and meniscus repairs myself.

I've heard great things about GLC2000 for post op recovery as well as cissus. I'd look into it after she's able to bounce around a little bit. Just my 2 cents.

Hope all goes well in recovery for her!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^ This, right here. I use Joint Help in conjunction with the topical Joint Force spray. I would wait until her wounds close a little to use the spray, though, but that's just me.
Agreed. I would not appply joint force until wound is healed, closed, and dry. I was also confirm with the ortho topicals are okay to be applied. They may use self dissolving sutures.

Mike