Thoughts on X-gels and Arachidonic acid in general?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
A few good reviews are starting to pop up now, this has always interested me as a lot of people say it's the only supplement that actually works.

Might but a few bottles to use in the future but wanted to ask people's opinion first

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A few good reviews are starting to pop up now, this has always interested me as a lot of people say it's the only supplement that actually works.

Might but a few bottles to use in the future but wanted to ask people's opinion first
Look up "x-factor" it's essentially the same product, many many reviews on the active from back in the day

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everything I've seen and heard about ArA has been very positive. I plan on running it myself here in the next few weeks.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here you go:): BOLT from AM- 2g X-gels + GMS + PLCAR + Enhanced pre-workout.
-Normal staple supplements.
-I think the X-gels are taking effect. Pumps came on strong right away and went into pretty intense levels by the end. Enhanced on its own gives me amazing pumps but this was one of those borderline insane kind of deals. Also DOMS from yesterday's leg session is no bueno. ---You know when you're lifting and you look in the mirror when you're pumped and think "Damn, I wish I could look like THIS all day long" ? I've walked by a few mirrors the past few days and had to do a double take - the all day pump is fantastic! I believe the X-Gels are playing a role in this for sure...Vascularity continues to improve as well and I'm confident that's due to the X-Gels. I did legs today and could see spider webs in my shoulders and the entire length of my arms were popping veins. That's awesome without any direct work... Today, I picked up another bottle of SNS X-Gels and Genomyx Advanced Protocol. I am not going to miss out on running the full 50 days of X-Gels. " - sdunlimited/SR.com

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here you go:): BOLT from AM- 2g X-gels + GMS + PLCAR + Enhanced pre-workout.
-Normal staple supplements.
-I think the X-gels are taking effect. Pumps came on strong right away and went into pretty intense levels by the end. Enhanced on its own gives me amazing pumps but this was one of those borderline insane kind of deals. Also DOMS from yesterday's leg session is no bueno. ---You know when you're lifting and you look in the mirror when you're pumped and think "Damn, I wish I could look like THIS all day long" ? I've walked by a few mirrors the past few days and had to do a double take - the all day pump is fantastic! I believe the X-Gels are playing a role in this for sure...Vascularity continues to improve as well and I'm confident that's due to the X-Gels. I did legs today and could see spider webs in my shoulders and the entire length of my arms were popping veins. That's awesome without any direct work... Today, I picked up another bottle of SNS X-Gels and Genomyx Advanced Protocol. I am not going to miss out on running the full 50 days of X-Gels. " - sdunlimited/SR.com
Is it PLCAR specifically or just a form of Carnatine, preferably 2gr?

Reactions: mw1
blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Carnitine or baby aspirin (per Coop/Neuron)

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Everything I've seen and heard about ArA has been very positive. I plan on running it myself here in the next few weeks.
Yeah I've tried it in hemodraulix and it was a very good product! But never used it as a sole supplement as I only used hemo for pre workout reasons

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Is taking fish oil far apart from AA to norm still?

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Is this absolutely necessary?
I'm not sure if I can link to other forums, but Google "maximizing arachidonic acid delivery to skeletal muscle" and you can kill an hour or two. :D (BB.com link)

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure if I can link to other forums, but Google "maximizing arachidonic acid delivery to skeletal muscle" and you can kill an hour or two. :D (BB.com link)
that's what I was reading before!

Very long thread ;)

JD261985

Banned
Awards
So ArA makes you extra sore? How is that affecting peoples workouts? Are you taking more time off to recover or no?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am not convinced I noticed anything at 1g pre workout. I will run it again to make up my mind.

No extra pumps and only a very minor increase in DOMS. Might work my way up to 2g and reassess.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I'm personally a huge fan. Due to the heavy fish oil supplementation in supplement users, it's a great idea to balance the EFA 3:6 ratio with an occasional ArA cycle

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am not convinced I noticed anything at 1g pre workout. I will run it again to make up my mind.

No extra pumps and only a very minor increase in DOMS. Might work my way up to 2g and reassess.
No extra pump, really? Definitely try 2g preWO...I've never really found that I get any kind of bad DOMS at any kind of dosage...

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing beyond what I was getting from my pre workout anyway.

I did get a fairly strong case of elbow tendonitis though. If ArA soreness indicates growth my tricep tendon will be massive by now!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will give it another run. Is the SNS version coming to UK at a better price point than XFactor?

sugardaddy69

sugardaddy69

Awards
I get hectic doms on it, but it sure works, muscle mass seems to go up a little as well as strenght, endurence falls, probably due to doms so does the energy levels.

You can also observe mass ive increase in appetite and leaning out effect if you observe what you eat just a little,

all in all a well rounded supplement.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will give it another run. Is the SNS version coming to UK at a better price point than XFactor?
BDCC,

I PM'd you awhile back about me adding in ArA to Enhanced. I'm about halfway through both bottles and the results have been fantastic. Pumps were definitely on another level with Enhanced by itself, but taking GMS/ArA at 1.5g 45 minutes preworkout followed by Enhanced 15-20 minutes preworkout has shown me that the pumps from Enhanced were just the beginning. There is a dramatic and noticeable pump effect that kicks in about halfway through the workout (moreso on the upper body days compared to lower... I usually can "feel" the pump more than see it on the leg days especially during heavy front squats or leg press).Vascularity becomes more apparent and the "pump pains" kick in many reps earlier than usual. I have kicked my ArA dosage up to 2g and the results have only compounded. However, unlike what most are saying about all day pumps... I don't feel this as much. I feel like I balloon up when I'm in the gym and that feeling may last for a few hours postworkout, but then I feel like I go back to normal. Now this may be a mental thing and I may still able be that pumped post workout, but I don't feel the pump "sensation" hours afterwards. Dosing ArA (not cycling fish oil either) this high has not lengthened or heightened DOMS in any way.

Current dosages are as follows:
- 45 minutes pre: 4 scoops Glycergrow + 8 X-Factor (2g)
- 20 minutes pre: 1 to 1.25 scoops Enhanced
- Intra: 2 scoops PurplE WrAAth + 0.5 scoops Enhanced

My only advice: DRINK TONS OF WATER!

I need to take pre/post shots to really show off the effects of ArA on pumps. The swell in size is very apparent.

- DJ

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
great feedback DJ...nitrates, ArA, agmatine, gms synergy, Oh my! :)

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
great feedback DJ...nitrates, ArA, agmatine, gms synergy, Oh my! :)
Should have made a note that X-Factor can be replaced with X-Gels if the user so prefers ;)

The combo is absolutely amazing. The only negative I notice is that I'm more out of breath/require slightly more time between working sets. Not sure if this is attributable to Enhanced (doubtful), ArA (also doubtful but man sometimes its hard to get another set going when you are still coming down from the "pump high" of the previous set!) or that I changed my lifting routine that requires heavier weight/less reps on the working sets and I don't like moving on to the next working set until I'm completely ready (5/3/1).

:D

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sure one could choose to use XF over XGels...I prefer to save money though ;) and use the savings on other supps.
I've not noticed the need to rest more between sets, mostly just my grip giving out from pumped forearms on back day..

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I see I was mentioned... :D

Huge fan of ArA here. It excels at actual body composition change IME and the pumps are some of the best you get with any single ingredient (even better than some combos IMO). High dosage only pre-workout with Carnitine and GMS is the way to go. :)

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did get a fairly strong case of elbow tendonitis though. If ArA soreness indicates growth my tricep tendon will be massive by now!
I had to bail on a log bc of this ^^^^ playing baseball + ArA = biceps tendinitis X's 100!!!

I've been interested in it since I've stopped playing. Perhaps after this cut I'll start it up

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well if it's any consolation to anyone on the fence, I started my X-Gels a week before the end of my cycle, and being about a week into pct I'm seeing no strength loss and I'm still looking full as ever 24/7. Normally I flatten right out the first week.

The DOMS has been present most days, some days are pretty horrible, but the pain is welcome due to the results I'm seeing.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I should have plugged my log in here with my post earlier. ;)

For those wondering about recovery and DOMS I will say this. The DOMS can be brutal at first, but I have been squatting (in some form) and benching pretty much four days a week and my recovery is incredible right now. X-gels has not hampered it one bit.

doggy_dog

doggy_dog

Awards
Is LCLT the most effective form of carnitine for battling DOMS?

Is it much better than say ALCAR?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is LCLT the most effective form of carnitine for battling DOMS?

Is it much better than say ALCAR?
Most likely. ALCAR is the best for cognitive improvements. I like them all though. :D

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I see I was mentioned... :D

Huge fan of ArA here. It excels at actual body composition change IME and the pumps are some of the best you get with any single ingredient (even better than some combos IMO). High dosage only pre-workout with Carnitine and GMS is the way to go. :)
Awesome feedback :)

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
I will also throw my short lived feedback in here. I stopped using after 4 days due to bad headaches BUT this obviously doesn't happen to everyone. Also I'm super disappointed that I had this reaction. I experienced the best pumps ever while using X-Gels and what I'm missing this week is the all day fullness that I felt while using these. I felt pumped almost until I went to bed and I train at 4am. If you're on the fence give them a try.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I will also throw my short lived feedback in here. I stopped using after 4 days due to bad headaches BUT this obviously doesn't happen to everyone. Also I'm super disappointed that I had this reaction. I experienced the best pumps ever while using X-Gels and what I'm missing this week is the all day fullness that I felt while using these. I felt pumped almost until I went to bed and I train at 4am. If you're on the fence give them a try.
Did you increase your water intake?

I am on the fence for sure, but it's a very intriguing supplement

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
How did you dose / time it?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've read that taking all 4 before workout can cause headaches
I believe the headaches last all day (for those who experience headaches from ArA, at least for my brother this was the case). They did however subside as he continued his ArA use though and had great results.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You logging?

doggy_dog

doggy_dog

Awards
Another question about stacking ArA with carnitine.
Is it imperative that you consume the Ara literally at the same time as the carnitine? (or is that more specific to the GMS)
Or is the general idea to simply be supplementing with carnitine at the time of your ArA Cycle?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another question about stacking ArA with carnitine.
Is it imperative that you consume the Ara literally at the same time as the carnitine? (or is that more specific to the GMS)
Or is the general idea to simply be supplementing with carnitine at the time of your ArA Cycle?
2g carn at the same time as the ArA :)

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been using agmatine/x gels in my PCT and getting stronger/bigger/leaner. **** is insane! Feel like I am still on cycle :)

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is awesome to see arachidonic acid gaining more and more popularity. With this year marking the 10th anniversary of releasing X-Factor it has certainly stood the test of time and has a plethora of scientific validity and positive anecdotal feedback.