best BCAA

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    exrugger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    16420

    best BCAA


    So I'm running low on Xtend and I'm looking to find something else to try for muscle recovery (not saying xtend isn't awesome, but I know there are always new "go to" products so I'm curious). Possibly something with some extra kick for working out as well. What's your number one choice with this?

    I tried looking around the forum but just found a lot that work, no clear winner though.

  2. Registered User
    money0351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    410
    Rep Power
    668392

    Nutra has a sale on modern BCAA's for like 15 bucks... 8:1:1 with electrolytes and sustamine bang for your buck its not going to get much better than that or if you're looking for a bcaa/eaa product purple wraath would be my next favorite with the added Beta Alanine, Citrulline, Betaine, And, L-Norvaline
  3. Registered User
    Montego1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Conroe TX
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,416
    Rep Power
    7237672

    Finaflex BCAA+SAA would be an awesome option. Not only does it have BCAA but also SAA for enhanced recovery as well as an anti-cramping matrix for hydrtion during your workout. The Apple Fusion flavor is amazing. If you look in the logs section there are a handful of logs going where guys are experiencing increased recovery time using BCAA+SAA compared to just BCAA's alone.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Please visit our website at http://finaflex.com.
    ​" If you're looking for a work house.......I'm no Clydesdale."
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,183
    Rep Power
    3734501

    Quote Originally Posted by exrugger View Post
    So I'm running low on Xtend and I'm looking to find something else to try for muscle recovery (not saying xtend isn't awesome, but I know there are always new "go to" products so I'm curious). Possibly something with some extra kick for working out as well. What's your number one choice with this?

    I tried looking around the forum but just found a lot that work, no clear winner though.

    Hi exrugger. As money0351 mentioned, Modern BCAA™ is a great option and the current deal is hard to pass up. Fruit Punch is available at NutraPlanet for a ridiculous $15.66! I prefer BCAA products with a high leucine content and the 8:1:1 ratio has that covered. The taste is another big plus for me; it's quite refreshing and not overpowering.

    Core ABC is a solid option as well. It can be somewhat expensive compared to other products, but offers additional beta alanine and citrulline malate.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  5. Registered User
    exrugger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    16420

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Finaflex BCAA+SAA would be an awesome option. Not only does it have BCAA but also SAA for enhanced recovery as well as an anti-cramping matrix for hydrtion during your workout. The Apple Fusion flavor is amazing. If you look in the logs section there are a handful of logs going where guys are experiencing increased recovery time using BCAA+SAA compared to just BCAA's alone.
    Finaflex BCAA+SAA did sound good, especially after reading some of the logs, but the more I think about it the more I really want something that has these 3 in it:

    1. BCAA
    2. Citrulline Malate
    3. L-Arginine/Pump matrix

    Any ideas if there is something that has all of these? I've been looking to google and nutraplanet and the only thing I found is called "beast mode" but it has terrible reviews.

    Any suggestions?
  6. Registered User
    Montego1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Conroe TX
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,416
    Rep Power
    7237672

    Quote Originally Posted by exrugger View Post

    Finaflex BCAA+SAA did sound good, especially after reading some of the logs, but the more I think about it the more I really want something that has these 3 in it:

    1. BCAA
    2. Citrulline Malate
    3. L-Arginine/Pump matrix

    Any ideas if there is something that has all of these? I've been looking to google and nutraplanet and the only thing I found is called "beast mode" but it has terrible reviews.

    Any suggestions?
    Beast Mode is a Pre Workout.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Please visit our website at http://finaflex.com.
    ​" If you're looking for a work house.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  7. Registered User
    exrugger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    16420

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

    Beast Mode is a Pre Workout.
    Well the oxyelite protein kit is in the mail, I don't want to overdo pre-workout stimulants. I guess an extra workout pump with endurance and good recovery is what I was thinking.
    What do you guys think? Would the oxyelite superthermo powder be good enough and then just add bcaa's? My thinking is its not going to help with a pump but it will w energy.
  8. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,462
    Rep Power
    4172663

    Quote Originally Posted by exrugger View Post
    Well the oxyelite protein kit is in the mail, I don't want to overdo pre-workout stimulants. I guess an extra workout pump with endurance and good recovery is what I was thinking. What do you guys think? Would the oxyelite superthermo powder be good enough and then just add bcaa's? My thinking is its not going to help with a pump but it will w energy.
    Get some Fruit Punch Modern BCAA which is on sale at Nutraplanet now, OxyElite Pro Powder, and for pump get some Agmatine by Biocor, its the best price 25 grams for $8.80. There's your stack right there.

    Oh, you are getting the Oep Powder in the mail, so you don't need to order that. So just get the Modern Bcaa fruit punch and agmatine. Nutraplanet is also have a sale with a coupon code, so you get 12 percent off your entire order.
  9. MAN up!!
    Board Sponsor
    mpaquett's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    INDY
    Posts
    515
    Rep Power
    1027232

    CORE ABC
    N'Gage
    Figure Fuel
    Aminocore
    Aminolast
    SAN BCAA
    Advanced Protocol (leucine)

    There's a lot of options out there. Get whatever works best for you budget, has what you need in the profile and sounds most appealing to you. I'd stick with 2:1:1 or 4:1:1 ratioed BCAA products though. Anything past 4:1:1 might as well be bulk leucine IMO.
  10. Registered User
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,183
    Rep Power
    3734501

    Quote Originally Posted by exrugger View Post

    Well the oxyelite protein kit is in the mail, I don't want to overdo pre-workout stimulants. I guess an extra workout pump with endurance and good recovery is what I was thinking.
    What do you guys think? Would the oxyelite superthermo powder be good enough and then just add bcaa's? My thinking is its not going to help with a pump but it will w energy.

    Thanks for your support man! OxyELITE ProŽ Super Thermo Powder™ with your BCAAs would be a solid pre-workout combo. I'm towards the end of an 8 week run and the energy, focus, and thermo effect are still going strong. As for pumps, I've been adding 1g of Agmatine 500 ™. T-bone's suggestion of Biocor Agmatine is another great option.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  11. mw1
    mw1 is online now
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,678
    Rep Power
    3211219

    VPX Powershock (with nitrates) or N'Gage

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  12. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,436
    Rep Power
    5913427

    Modern BCAA or SNS Leucine are best bang for your buck. If money isn't an issue, I really like Cor BCAA and strive
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  13. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,462
    Rep Power
    4172663

    All Leucine seems to be out of stock at Nutraplanet right now.
  14. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,462
    Rep Power
    4172663

    Do you really need to supplement with extra Leucine though?. Isn't there more than enough in food sources?. Especially if you're eating a protein rich diet?.
  15. Registered User
    exrugger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    16420

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Finaflex BCAA+SAA would be an awesome option. Not only does it have BCAA but also SAA for enhanced recovery as well as an anti-cramping matrix for hydrtion during your workout. The Apple Fusion flavor is amazing. If you look in the logs section there are a handful of logs going where guys are experiencing increased recovery time using BCAA+SAA compared to just BCAA's alone.
    I'm thinking this plus agmatine right now...
  16. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,436
    Rep Power
    5913427

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Do you really need to supplement with extra Leucine though?. Isn't there more than enough in food sources?. Especially if you're eating a protein rich diet?.
    If training fasted, you obviously will not have a prominent mTOR signal.

    Also, SAAs are one of the worst forms of AAs to invest in.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  17. Registered User
    PalmFist's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The 505
    Posts
    4,254
    Rep Power
    1896181

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    If training fasted, you obviously will not have a prominent mTOR signal.

    Also, SAAs are one of the worst forms of AAs to invest in.
    Agreed

    SAAs have virtually no anecdotal evidence to support a necessity for supplementing with them. They really are a pointless science and purely a marketing scheme

    Leucine is the most prominent AA that facilitates protein synthesis
    Independent Review
  18. Ω Omega Sports Ω
    Board Sponsor
    Clickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,501
    Rep Power
    178407

    Omega Sports Strive should be back in stock very soon.
    N'Gage also looks solid.
    Omega Sports Representative
    The Omega Vision Honor. Integrity. Trust.
  19. Registered User
    AntM1564's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,315
    Rep Power
    520744

    Core ABC
    Purple Wraath
    Purple Psyko
    Compete
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
  20. Registered User
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    goose creek, sc
    Posts
    9,340
    Rep Power
    2533509

    Quote Originally Posted by exrugger View Post

    Finaflex BCAA+SAA did sound good, especially after reading some of the logs, but the more I think about it the more I really want something that has these 3 in it:

    1. BCAA
    2. Citrulline Malate
    3. L-Arginine/Pump matrix

    Any ideas if there is something that has all of these? I've been looking to google and nutraplanet and the only thing I found is called "beast mode" but it has terrible reviews.

    Any suggestions?
    l-arginine does not increase NO production like you are thinking. purple wraath contains all three of those
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  21. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,462
    Rep Power
    4172663

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    If training fasted, you obviously will not have a prominent mTOR signal.

    Also, SAAs are one of the worst forms of AAs to invest in.

    I always train fasted. I'd rather not spend money I don't have to. Rarely do I purchase BCAA's, maybe when on sale though. So when I do have them, are you saying not to take them pre-workout since I train fasted?.
  22. Registered User
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,323
    Rep Power
    3458019

    I really like Core ABC and it is nice if you want the extras in it. Otherwise I usually use Omega Sports Strive for my purposes.

    I also use bulk powders a bit (SNS Leucine) or just Genomyx Protocol to cover my pre-training Leucine (and extras) dosage.
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  23. Registered User
    PrepNwa23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    4,360
    Rep Power
    2726316

    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    I really like Core ABC and it is nice if you want the extras in it. Otherwise I usually use Omega Sports Strive for my purposes.

    I also use bulk powders a bit (SNS Leucine) or just Genomyx Protocol to cover my pre-training Leucine (and extras) dosage.
    Omega's Strive is very nice if your not scared off by the price point. I usually make my own concoction for intra if I choose to use them.
    PES Representative
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  24. Registered User
    chris223's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    598
    Rep Power
    64751

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post

    I always train fasted. I'd rather not spend money I don't have to. Rarely do I purchase BCAA's, maybe when on sale though. So when I do have them, are you saying not to take them pre-workout since I train fasted?.
    I think the point he was making is that those who do train fasted would benefit from leucine or a high-leucine BCAA mixture since leucine will open that mTOR pathway, which would otherwise be closed.
  25. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,436
    Rep Power
    5913427

    Quote Originally Posted by chris223 View Post
    I think the point he was making is that those who do train fasted would benefit from leucine or a high-leucine BCAA mixture since leucine will open that mTOR pathway, which would otherwise be closed.
    Yup, you got it. The overwhelming data shows that nutrient timing does not matter except for periworkout protein supplementation, which consistently shows benefits in a variety of different trials.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  26. Registered User
    crewchief182's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    13724

    I've switched from Modern BCAA to MuscleMeds Amino Decanate 10:1:1 BCAA. Mixes/tastes great.
  27. Banned
    bakerwil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    751
    Rep Power
    0

    I have been using the bulk Modern BCAA 1 kilo at 29.99 - the absolute best price for BCAA's anywhere.
    Does anyone think that the quality may be lacking?
    I would be willing to use something else if it was beneficial...
  28. Registered User
    MonteCedillo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    420
    Rep Power
    155821

    Quote Originally Posted by bakerwil View Post
    I have been using the bulk Modern BCAA 1 kilo at 29.99 - the absolute best price for BCAA's anywhere.
    Does anyone think that the quality may be lacking?
    I would be willing to use something else if it was beneficial...
    Definitely not lacking in quality. High quality leucine will foam when mixed in water. Bulk MBCAA definitely foams up for a bit. Dat dere Bulk MBCAA is quality stuff!
  29. Banned
    bakerwil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    751
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by MonteCedillo View Post
    Definitely not lacking in quality. High quality leucine will foam when mixed in water. Bulk MBCAA definitely foams up for a bit. Dat dere Bulk MBCAA is quality stuff!

    Love that foam....right on, thanks for the feedback.
  30. Registered User
    exrugger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  222 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    16420

    Decided on Dymatize Elite Recoup ($6 at NP each, got 3 jars) and BioCor Agmatine. This plus the OxyElite thermo powder and protein and I'll be sitting pretty
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The Best BCAA.....?
    By MAxximal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 12:21 PM
  2. Best BCAA
    By SlickG3 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 01-18-2009, 08:39 AM
  3. Best BCAA mix...?
    By rabican in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 02:05 PM
  4. best bcaa supp?
    By tim1985 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 10:13 PM
  5. What's the best bcaa/eaa poweder
    By FitModel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 07:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in