best BCAA

exrugger

Awards
So I'm running low on Xtend and I'm looking to find something else to try for muscle recovery (not saying xtend isn't awesome, but I know there are always new "go to" products so I'm curious). Possibly something with some extra kick for working out as well. What's your number one choice with this?

I tried looking around the forum but just found a lot that work, no clear winner though.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nutra has a sale on modern BCAA's for like 15 bucks... 8:1:1 with electrolytes and sustamine bang for your buck its not going to get much better than that or if you're looking for a bcaa/eaa product purple wraath would be my next favorite with the added Beta Alanine, Citrulline, Betaine, And, L-Norvaline

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finaflex BCAA+SAA would be an awesome option. Not only does it have BCAA but also SAA for enhanced recovery as well as an anti-cramping matrix for hydrtion during your workout. The Apple Fusion flavor is amazing. If you look in the logs section there are a handful of logs going where guys are experiencing increased recovery time using BCAA+SAA compared to just BCAA's alone.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I'm running low on Xtend and I'm looking to find something else to try for muscle recovery (not saying xtend isn't awesome, but I know there are always new "go to" products so I'm curious). Possibly something with some extra kick for working out as well. What's your number one choice with this?

I tried looking around the forum but just found a lot that work, no clear winner though.

Hi exrugger. As money0351 mentioned, Modern BCAA™ is a great option and the current deal is hard to pass up. Fruit Punch is available at NutraPlanet for a ridiculous $15.66! I prefer BCAA products with a high leucine content and the 8:1:1 ratio has that covered. The taste is another big plus for me; it's quite refreshing and not overpowering.

Core ABC is a solid option as well. It can be somewhat expensive compared to other products, but offers additional beta alanine and citrulline malate.

exrugger

Awards
Finaflex BCAA+SAA would be an awesome option. Not only does it have BCAA but also SAA for enhanced recovery as well as an anti-cramping matrix for hydrtion during your workout. The Apple Fusion flavor is amazing. If you look in the logs section there are a handful of logs going where guys are experiencing increased recovery time using BCAA+SAA compared to just BCAA's alone.
Finaflex BCAA+SAA did sound good, especially after reading some of the logs, but the more I think about it the more I really want something that has these 3 in it:

1. BCAA
2. Citrulline Malate
3. L-Arginine/Pump matrix

Any ideas if there is something that has all of these? I've been looking to google and nutraplanet and the only thing I found is called "beast mode" but it has terrible reviews.

Any suggestions?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Finaflex BCAA+SAA did sound good, especially after reading some of the logs, but the more I think about it the more I really want something that has these 3 in it:

1. BCAA
2. Citrulline Malate

Any ideas if there is something that has all of these? I've been looking to google and nutraplanet and the only thing I found is called "beast mode" but it has terrible reviews.

Any suggestions?
Beast Mode is a Pre Workout.

exrugger

Awards
Beast Mode is a Pre Workout.
Well the oxyelite protein kit is in the mail, I don't want to overdo pre-workout stimulants. I guess an extra workout pump with endurance and good recovery is what I was thinking.
What do you guys think? Would the oxyelite superthermo powder be good enough and then just add bcaa's? My thinking is its not going to help with a pump but it will w energy.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well the oxyelite protein kit is in the mail, I don't want to overdo pre-workout stimulants. I guess an extra workout pump with endurance and good recovery is what I was thinking. What do you guys think? Would the oxyelite superthermo powder be good enough and then just add bcaa's? My thinking is its not going to help with a pump but it will w energy.
Get some Fruit Punch Modern BCAA which is on sale at Nutraplanet now, OxyElite Pro Powder, and for pump get some Agmatine by Biocor, its the best price 25 grams for $8.80. There's your stack right there.

Oh, you are getting the Oep Powder in the mail, so you don't need to order that. So just get the Modern Bcaa fruit punch and agmatine. Nutraplanet is also have a sale with a coupon code, so you get 12 percent off your entire order.

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
CORE ABC
N'Gage
Figure Fuel
Aminocore
Aminolast
SAN BCAA
Advanced Protocol (leucine)

There's a lot of options out there. Get whatever works best for you budget, has what you need in the profile and sounds most appealing to you. I'd stick with 2:1:1 or 4:1:1 ratioed BCAA products though. Anything past 4:1:1 might as well be bulk leucine IMO.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well the oxyelite protein kit is in the mail, I don't want to overdo pre-workout stimulants. I guess an extra workout pump with endurance and good recovery is what I was thinking.
What do you guys think? Would the oxyelite superthermo powder be good enough and then just add bcaa's? My thinking is its not going to help with a pump but it will w energy.

Thanks for your support man! OxyELITE Pro® Super Thermo Powder™ with your BCAAs would be a solid pre-workout combo. I'm towards the end of an 8 week run and the energy, focus, and thermo effect are still going strong. As for pumps, I've been adding 1g of Agmatine 500 ™. T-bone's suggestion of Biocor Agmatine is another great option.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Modern BCAA or SNS Leucine are best bang for your buck. If money isn't an issue, I really like Cor BCAA and strive

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you really need to supplement with extra Leucine though?. Isn't there more than enough in food sources?. Especially if you're eating a protein rich diet?.

exrugger

Awards
I'm thinking this plus agmatine right now...

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Do you really need to supplement with extra Leucine though?. Isn't there more than enough in food sources?. Especially if you're eating a protein rich diet?.
If training fasted, you obviously will not have a prominent mTOR signal.

Also, SAAs are one of the worst forms of AAs to invest in.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards

Agreed

SAAs have virtually no anecdotal evidence to support a necessity for supplementing with them. They really are a pointless science and purely a marketing scheme

Leucine is the most prominent AA that facilitates protein synthesis

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Omega Sports Strive should be back in stock very soon.
N'Gage also looks solid.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards

1. BCAA
2. Citrulline Malate

Any suggestions?
l-arginine does not increase NO production like you are thinking. purple wraath contains all three of those

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I always train fasted. I'd rather not spend money I don't have to. Rarely do I purchase BCAA's, maybe when on sale though. So when I do have them, are you saying not to take them pre-workout since I train fasted?.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really like Core ABC and it is nice if you want the extras in it. Otherwise I usually use Omega Sports Strive for my purposes.

I also use bulk powders a bit (SNS Leucine) or just Genomyx Protocol to cover my pre-training Leucine (and extras) dosage.

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I really like Core ABC and it is nice if you want the extras in it. Otherwise I usually use Omega Sports Strive for my purposes.

I also use bulk powders a bit (SNS Leucine) or just Genomyx Protocol to cover my pre-training Leucine (and extras) dosage.
Omega's Strive is very nice if your not scared off by the price point. I usually make my own concoction for intra if I choose to use them.

chris223

Awards
  • Established
I always train fasted. I'd rather not spend money I don't have to. Rarely do I purchase BCAA's, maybe when on sale though. So when I do have them, are you saying not to take them pre-workout since I train fasted?.
I think the point he was making is that those who do train fasted would benefit from leucine or a high-leucine BCAA mixture since leucine will open that mTOR pathway, which would otherwise be closed.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I think the point he was making is that those who do train fasted would benefit from leucine or a high-leucine BCAA mixture since leucine will open that mTOR pathway, which would otherwise be closed.
Yup, you got it. The overwhelming data shows that nutrient timing does not matter except for periworkout protein supplementation, which consistently shows benefits in a variety of different trials.

crewchief182

crewchief182

Awards
I've switched from Modern BCAA to MuscleMeds Amino Decanate 10:1:1 BCAA. Mixes/tastes great.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
I have been using the bulk Modern BCAA 1 kilo at 29.99 - the absolute best price for BCAA's anywhere.
Does anyone think that the quality may be lacking?
I would be willing to use something else if it was beneficial...

MonteRXS

MonteRXS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have been using the bulk Modern BCAA 1 kilo at 29.99 - the absolute best price for BCAA's anywhere.
Does anyone think that the quality may be lacking?
I would be willing to use something else if it was beneficial...
Definitely not lacking in quality. High quality leucine will foam when mixed in water. Bulk MBCAA definitely foams up for a bit. Dat dere Bulk MBCAA is quality stuff!

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Definitely not lacking in quality. High quality leucine will foam when mixed in water. Bulk MBCAA definitely foams up for a bit. Dat dere Bulk MBCAA is quality stuff!

Love that foam....right on, thanks for the feedback.

exrugger

Awards
Decided on Dymatize Elite Recoup ($6 at NP each, got 3 jars) and BioCor Agmatine. This plus the OxyElite thermo powder and protein and I'll be sitting pretty :)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Decided on Dymatize Elite Recoup ($6 at NP each, got 3 jars) and BioCor Agmatine. This plus the OxyElite thermo powder and protein and I'll be sitting pretty :)
Recoup isnt bad....i used it for years

exrugger

Awards
Recoup just came in, taste is so-so but I feel noticably better after drinking it (energy, less sore) we will see how it goes.

newbreed

Awards
Modern BCAAs. Mixes well and tastes great. Has no artificial coloring and uses a form of Glutamine that has more stability in water. Been using it since it first came out and have zero complaints

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
since AI sports is no longer a board sponsor people forget about recover pro, it used to be mention daily... :-|

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
since AI sports is no longer a board sponsor people forget about recover pro, it used to be mention daily... :-|
I have been using and loving recover pro. Hard to beat the cost and at 4:1:1 it is perfect for me. I add my protocol to it, making the mix 7:1:1 with COP, agmatine, and LCLT.
DOMS are a thing if the past now, I use this mix twice a day workout or not

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
You can believe whatever you want to believe

Last edited:
Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Coop never speaks up without research behind him, and has recommended brands he is not a rep for many times, when it is deserved. USP deserves mention it is a great product and through personal experience I agree with the higher leucine ratio. If it was more cost effective I would be using nothing but mbcaa+ it is effective and the watermelon is damn good.

Next up for me to try, thanks to his recommendation, is Cellucor's BCAA.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Again, please leave it. You can have the last word. I didn't insult you either (unless "grow up" qualifies). In fact, I deleted that post to avoid this, and the only reason it exists right now is because you have it quoted.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
for the record:
i'll not delve into studies, as I am not one to run around touting this & that as the latest & greatest simply because some bonehead got funding for an obscure study, skewed the parameters, and ran some random test subject or group of subjects thru some questionable hoops to show the result he wanted to end up showing.....

while I'm not saying all studies are worthless (obviously), a great many that some scream about, are flawed from one angle or another..
studies (and science as it pertains to bodybuilding) should be used as but another piece of information to complete the puzzle - not the ONLY basis by which someone claims something works
the body is not a textbook

now, as for our product BCAA+SAA specifically:
we do not claim SAAs are superior to BCAAs - simply, we compliment the BCAAs with SAAs for superior synergy
absolutely nothing bunk about GENUINE silk aminos, even tho most are clueless..in fact, SAAs have actually been around for a long time, used in traditional medicine in both China and Korea for centuries
much like USPlabs has brought ayurvedic into the general awareness here in the US, thru their unique herbal formulations, so too are we attempting mainstream Western culture - not that those who are educated are clueless, because silk aminos have numerous applications in the medical, pharmaceutical and cosmetic fields

as the name implies - we do not replace BCAAs with SAAs, we simply compliment the BCAA with SAA
we also add taurine and some vitamins for anti-cramping and recovery purposes
and it should be noted - we use genuine silk aminos, not synthetic - which is key

nice product, not a lot of info out there, but the few reviews we have have been positive - expressly in the area of recovery and DOMS

try it for yourself guys, and make your own informed decision, rather than read what xyz rep from this company says, or abc ex-rep from that company says

:)

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
huh
interesting turn, you were loving that product not so long ago, like maybe a month or so?
when a former rep starts bad-mouthing the product he once glowed about and plugged, it is not only sad, but - how do we know what you tell us is true?
:D
Wow. Really Steve. This is just sad. For the record I never glowed about this specific product but I did plug it as any salesmen worth his salt would do. There's a big difference btwn the two as personally I would not spend my money on it

No anecdotal evidence. No research. Just marketable claims

I find it very sad how you attack my character here, as if I have insulted you personally. I have not once typed or said anything of ill repute about you or FF since parting with FF. Actually I still answer PMs about your company's hormonal products from members here that know I repped for FF and have nothing but good things to say about most of FFs product line. As a matter of fact wasn't my unmitigated aggressiveness in defending FFs product line against other reps one of the issues you had with me...

Just all around bad form here Steve. I don't even want to push the send button right now because I know this is all going nowhere... Oh well

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Best way to move a topic along is to well, get back on topic and move it along, lol.

I'm looking for a new flavor for some variety, never tried a green apple supp, any good BCAA options out there for this?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Best way to move a topic along is to well, get back on topic and move it along, lol.
agreed

I'm looking for a new flavor for some variety, never tried a green apple supp, any good BCAA options out there for this?
our green apple flavor is unbelievable, getting rave reviews

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Probably best to close this thread.

If you guys want to discuss the topic more in-depth, a supplement science section thread may be a good idea.

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
This isn't about supplement science. It ceased to become that a while back. This now seems more about a particularly abrasive individual looking for a fight....so I agree this thread should be closed should anyone mistakenly think that by clicking on the post they will find the latest research on BCAAs.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Probably best to close this thread.

If you guys want to discuss the topic more in-depth, a supplement science section thread may be a good idea.
and why cy? why close thread?

(while comparatively more research is out there on bcaa than saa, it is not overwhelmingly abundant)

there are a great many compounds in use thruout the industry, that have no "studies" attached to them..
why single out silk aminos?

you want to talk science, go investigate what exactly a silk amino is comprised of
proteins fibroin, sericin

http://nar.oxfordjournals.org/content/33/2/786.full

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17874837

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=sericin as ingested amino&********web&cd=4&ved=0CEMQFjAD&url=http://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/14/1/1870/pdf&ei=l56rUZRjxLquAYCKgYgL&usg=AFQjCNFdAd0hw2LTcDEWcqCXgGoO93yqUQ&bvm=bv.47244034,d.aWM

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
This isn't about supplement science. It ceased to become that a while back. This now seems more about a particularly abrasive individual looking for a fight....so I agree this thread should be closed should anyone mistakenly think that by clicking on the post they will find the latest research on BCAAs.
interesting perception you have sir
where in title post or OP does it say anything about "latest research on bcaa"?

interpretation and perception are indeed crazy things..

I will assume that since your interpretation differs from mine, of course you are right and I am wrong, and therefore you can call me a particularly abrasive individual who is looking for a fight, for you are always right in your perceptions :D

thank you for sharing your perception, when you have not even been involved in the conversation

if everyone claims to want to stay on topic - then this thread should have been about bcaa and solely bcaa, thruout

but no - silk aminos (and by extension Finaflex product BCAA+SAA) were knocked as being "bunk", with no educated support behind such stance..going further: based solely on the word of a competing company rep, and an ex-rep from this company who did not even understand the composition of some products in our line

now that someone has something to say about that, he's gets accused of trying to turn the thread

funny, how this double-jeopardy occurs so much around here :lol:

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Snagency, this will be my final word here. Just re-read the past 20 posts. You have degraded and character assassinated myself and another forum member who have said nothing ill and are not even responding to you. Reflect on your behavior here.

I'm not a competing rep. PES does not make a BCAA product. My stance, with SNS, was the same as it is today. My stance, from before I repped SNS, was the same as it is today.

Lastly, no one is talking about your Finaflex product. This was a discussion about BCAAs and you somehow molded reality into a paranoid schizophrenic idealism of how myself and another member are plotting against you and your company.

I deleted my responses and tried to ignore this thread but you continue to mention me or go after me (like 4 posts in a row now?). I have not questioned your integrity or character yet...you're making it difficult for me not to say anything, but I'm trying to handle this maturely. I'm going to kindly ask that you please stop talking about me or mentioning me in further posts. I certainly won't be responding, and if any AM vets know if there is an "ignore" feature in the forum tools, my PM box is [now] open.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
as a sidenote, to anyone who is reading this thread (directed to no one in particular):

I will invite anyone who has derogatory documentation or data/studies showing silk aminos to NOT be effective, to please post it up..really, I not only challenge this, but would be genuinely curious to see such documentation

funny thing about studies too: many change all the time
things scientific data said were good 10yrs ago, now take the opposite stance...and vice versa

as I have stated over and over again, studies should be taken as only a slice and bit part of the equation, not the whole pie..if you live solely within the confines of studies on bb'ing supplements, you are missing out on some good shyte

:)