supplements for circulation

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.48%

supplements for circulation

I was recently diagnosed with a circulation problem. I had been having several symptoms...headaches 3-4 times a week, fatigue, dizziness when I stand or turn to quick (sometimes so bad I "see stars"). More recently I have started waking up COLD in the mornings and I don't warm up until a hot shower. I also have started having my arms "go to sleep" as I sleep. Last night I swear I woke up about every 20 minutes to "shake it off".

So, are there any sups that can help improve circulation? I know Ginko is supposed to.

How about sups that help with plaque build up?

I guess I should add that I had blood test and everything was OK except my liver enzymes were a little high and need rechecked in 3 months.

My BP was 171/107 but I was put on meds and it is now normal range...IIRC 125/75

I already changed my diet and attempt to work out. Attempt because the lack of blood flow/oxygen to the muscles causes severe cramps. Still, I dropped 7 lbs in 2 weeks.

Any help appreciated as I've already talked myself into the possibility of me dying in my sleep. I don't want that.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.32%

I would like to help but I'm not a doctor and this is a little more serious. Best of luck OP
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.01%

Cold Shower improves angiogenesis, if you can take a bath with ice (like fighters do) even better.

Salvia Miltiorrhiza (it's in chinese formulations for blood flow with notoginseng), Notoginseng (San Qi), Arginine could help too.

I have could hands, poor circulation, and San Qi, Salvia and Tocotrienols + Tocopherols (controversial) help me, but it won't cure that.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.25%

Nitrates
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by zaire2d View Post
    Cold Shower improves angiogenesis, if you can take a bath with ice (like fighters do) even better.

Vitamin E (extremely angiogenic), Salvia Miltiorrhiza (it's in chinese formulations for blood flow with notoginseng), Notoginseng (San Qi), Arginine could help too.

I have could hands, poor circulation, and San Qi, Salvia and Tocotrienols + Tocopherols help me, but it won't cure that.
    Hemavol seems like a good idea. Great profile
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.32%

CoQ10 + Ubiquinol + Ester C + L-Arginine
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.82%

Not going to offer suggestions because you should definitely talk to your doctor about the suggestion. What I will tell you is what your doctor probably told you.. based on your conditions and the medications I believe you to be on, take your time getting out of bed in the morning or just getting up in general. Jumping out of bed or getting up too quickly may render you dizzy and disoriented.

This is definitely a matter to speak to your doctor about with the circulation and you're not to going to find supps to really reverse atherosclerosis. Your only idea to help slightly would be to raise your HDL which isn't easy to do by any means and you're already doing one of the recommended 'therapies' (exercise).
    *Antaeus Lab Rep*
  8. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.88%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by mike0589 View Post
    CoQ10 + Ubiquinol + Ester C + L-Arginine
    good suggestion. also, taking 81mg of aspirin/day will help lower your bp. Forskolin has also shown to lower bp. both are cheap products and forskolin-95 also helps with fat loss
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.06%

Quote Originally Posted by bigrobbierob View Post
    I was recently diagnosed with a circulation problem. I had been having several symptoms...headaches 3-4 times a week, fatigue, dizziness when I stand or turn to quick (sometimes so bad I "see stars"). More recently I have started waking up COLD in the mornings and I don't warm up until a hot shower. I also have started having my arms "go to sleep" as I sleep. Last night I swear I woke up about every 20 minutes to "shake it off".

So, are there any sups that can help improve circulation? I know Ginko is supposed to.

I guess I should add that I had blood test and everything was OK except my liver enzymes were a little high and need rechecked in 3 months.

My BP was 171/107 but I was put on meds and it is now normal range...IIRC 125/75

I already changed my diet and attempt to work out. Attempt because the lack of blood flow/oxygen to the muscles causes severe cramps. Still, I dropped 7 lbs in 2 weeks.

Any help appreciated as I've already talked myself into the possibility of me dying in my sleep. I don't want that.
    This something beyond the scope of what this board was intended to address, imo. Regardless some guys made some pretty good suggestions, but i get the feeling that something fairly more sinister is causing this. When did these symptoms begin to manifest them selves and have you had any erectile problems? Also, id give this combo a try: l-norvaline,l-orinthine, and citrulline malate. Should be great for improving blood flow and circulation.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.71%

I have very bad circulation in my arms and I often get purple hands and they are constantly going to sleep.

What helps me is keeping my extremities warm, and supplementing agmatine sulfate. I have tried everything but agmatine really really seems to help.

2+ grams a day
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.77%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

What was the actual diagnosis and what meds did your doctor put you on? Honestly, you are probably going to want to stick with that and not take any supplements which could make matters worse.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Talk with your doctor before taking any supplements which might interfere with your medication or maker matters worse.
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.89%

Im subbed. I dont have the greatest blood flow either! Just interested for mild supps which may aid lightly.
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.71%

Omega 3s
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.26%

Obviously I would check with your Doctors and his advise. Working out should help with circulation a lot, and Hemavol was a good suggestion. Nitrates, agamatine, citrulline malate etc all should help. Something else seems to be the matter, but working out and cardio should put you on the right track.
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.27%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Aspirin + fish oil + Cardiologist STAT!
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.43%

What is your dx? I would follow up with your doctor you can always leave him a message on the nurses line, and they will call you back. To me this sounds like some sort of parasthesia due to neuropathy, due to some other underlying issue...again follow up with your doc.
    PT, DPT, OCS Clinical Residency
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.48%

Quote Originally Posted by KimChee View Post
    What is your dx?
    Right now just bad circulation...I am self employed and we are moving so I won't have the money for all the tests to track it down until mid-late July. I was looking for sups to help me in the meantime.

My stepson is an EMT and been staying with us because he and his girlfriend broke up...he's keeping an eye on me in the meantime as well.
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.61%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Vitamin E (extremely angiogenic), Salvia Miltiorrhiza (it's in chinese formulations for blood flow with notoginseng), Notoginseng (San Qi), Arginine could help too.

I have could hands, poor circulation, and San Qi, Salvia and Tocotrienols + Tocopherols help me, but it won't cure that.

Vitamin E inhibits angiogenesis

h t t p : / /w w w .ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12094614
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.22%

Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post

Hemavol seems like a good idea. Great profile
    Although hemavol is a very good non stim pre workout designed to increase plasma volumes, i wouldnt suggest it for circulatory medical complications.

Mike
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.01%

Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    Vitamin E inhibits angiogenesis

h t t p : / /w w w .ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12094614

I can't read full text in my computer, but this is very strange, Tea I agree, totaly anti-angiogenic.

But Vitamin E anti-angiogenic?

Name:  Angiogenese.JPG
Views: 101
Size:  85.2 KB

Code:
    Source: youtube .com/watch?v=C_5Z31mUmtc 13:55 minutes.
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.61%

I can't read full text in my computer, but this is very strange, Tea I agree, totaly anti-angiogenic.

But Vitamin E anti-angiogenic? Vitamin E is so angiogenic that cancer patients shouldn't take it. Probably Hair recover from Vitamin E is from angiogenic potential in scalp.

Name:  Angiogenese.JPG
Views: 101
Size:  85.2 KB

Code:
    Source: youtube .com/watch?v=C_5Z31mUmtc 13:55 minutes.
    I cited a pubmed PRJ.. You cited a youtube video
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.01%

Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    I cited a pubmed PRJ.. You cited a youtube video

Yeah, so what?

you post an abstract... I post some researcher talking about his experiments...

Give me any Poison and I can make a research saying it could be good for any other thing you want, this is why people need to read the entire study. To identify how that was possible.

Now I will rectify in my post, and take vitamin E off, don't want to spread conflituos information.
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.61%

I gave you the link to the full study
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.22%

Some good info up in here. Op id really try hard to have a physician locate the exact source of the issue.

Mike
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.77%

Yeah, so what?

you post an abstract... I post some researcher talking about his experiments...

Give me any Poison and I can make a research saying it could be good for any other thing you want, this is why people need to read the entire study. To identify how that was possible.

Now I will rectify in my post, and take vitamin E off, don't want to spread conflituos information.
    There is a major difference between a research talk and something that was published in a peer-reviewed journal.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  27. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.48%

Update....

just got back from DR...she switch my BP med to Bystolic...she said it uses nitric oxide to dilate the capillaries and increase blood flow

She also is leaning toward my hand numbness and coldness being carpal tunnel syndrome and wants me to wear wrist splints for a while to see if it helps. I do work with small things with my hands repeatedly (no jokes! lol) so that could be a cause.

If neither seem to help she wants me to see a cardiologist....hopefully these work.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.43%

Did you get a night splint? Hopefully it helps you out.
    PT, DPT, OCS Clinical Residency
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.48%

Quote Originally Posted by KimChee View Post
    Did you get a night splint? Hopefully it helps you out.
    Not yet, will buy one here in a bit.
  30. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.27%

It will be interesting to see what the final diagnosis is. You're a big dude, so some of these issues might stem from your size. I'm 5'10" and when I finally bulked up over 200 pounds I had a hell of a time sleeping..apnea, arms falling asleep, difficulty breathing etc. I've gone back down to around 175-180 since then and feel much better on a day to day basis (have an ecto frame anyway).
  31. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.48%

Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    It will be interesting to see what the final diagnosis is. You're a big dude, so some of these issues might stem from your size. I'm 5'10" and when I finally bulked up over 200 pounds I had a hell of a time sleeping..apnea, arms falling asleep, difficulty breathing etc. I've gone back down to around 175-180 since then and feel much better on a day to day basis (have an ecto frame anyway).
    yeah, she wants me to drop weight.

lost 13 lbs in in just over a month.

My goal is 215 or so....I was in my best shape then.
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.22%

Update....

just got back from DR...she switch my BP med to Bystolic...she said it uses nitric oxide to dilate the capillaries and increase blood flow

She also is leaning toward my hand numbness and coldness being carpal tunnel syndrome and wants me to wear wrist splints for a while to see if it helps. I do work with small things with my hands repeatedly (no jokes! lol) so that could be a cause.

If neither seem to help she wants me to see a cardiologist....hopefully these work.
    To my knowledge, bystolic is a beta blocker not a nitrate.
  33. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.29%

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post

To my knowledge, bystolic is a beta blocker not a nitrate.
    Yes sir! But it has nitric oxide-potentiating vasodilatory effect used in the treatment of hypertension which he has.
  34. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    There is a major difference between a research talk and something that was published in a peer-reviewed journal.

I'm gonna give a research talk on deer antler velvet. Buy buy buy!
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.29%

Haha my stepfather told me if that was a good thing to get... I lol'd
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.22%

Quote Originally Posted by Bamski View Post
    Yes sir! But it has nitric oxide-potentiating vasodilatory effect used in the treatment of hypertension which he has.

Hmm cool info, didn't no that. My mom tried that, didn't do shiat for her for high blood pressure. I enjoy my coreg

Mike

Similar Forum Threads

1. Post-workout supplementation for boxing
    By Massacre in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 07:15 AM
  2. Supplements for cutting
    By Tick_9se7en3 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 08:12 PM
  3. Supplements for Powerlifting
    By UHCougar05 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 09:41 PM
  4. Safety Supplements for M1T
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 07:04 PM
  5. What are must supplements for cutting?
    By Gixxer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 09:04 AM