supplements for circulation

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I was recently diagnosed with a circulation problem. I had been having several symptoms...headaches 3-4 times a week, fatigue, dizziness when I stand or turn to quick (sometimes so bad I "see stars"). More recently I have started waking up COLD in the mornings and I don't warm up until a hot shower. I also have started having my arms "go to sleep" as I sleep. Last night I swear I woke up about every 20 minutes to "shake it off".

So, are there any sups that can help improve circulation? I know Ginko is supposed to.

How about sups that help with plaque build up?

I guess I should add that I had blood test and everything was OK except my liver enzymes were a little high and need rechecked in 3 months.

My BP was 171/107 but I was put on meds and it is now normal range...IIRC 125/75

I already changed my diet and attempt to work out. Attempt because the lack of blood flow/oxygen to the muscles causes severe cramps. Still, I dropped 7 lbs in 2 weeks.

Any help appreciated as I've already talked myself into the possibility of me dying in my sleep. :( I don't want that.

gmanall

Awards
I would like to help but I'm not a doctor and this is a little more serious. Best of luck OP

zaire2d

Awards
Cold Shower improves angiogenesis, if you can take a bath with ice (like fighters do) even better.

Salvia Miltiorrhiza (it's in chinese formulations for blood flow with notoginseng), Notoginseng (San Qi), Arginine could help too.

I have could hands, poor circulation, and San Qi, Salvia and Tocotrienols + Tocopherols (controversial) help me, but it won't cure that.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cold Shower improves angiogenesis, if you can take a bath with ice (like fighters do) even better.

Vitamin E (extremely angiogenic), Salvia Miltiorrhiza (it's in chinese formulations for blood flow with notoginseng), Notoginseng (San Qi), Arginine could help too.

I have could hands, poor circulation, and San Qi, Salvia and Tocotrienols + Tocopherols help me, but it won't cure that.
Hemavol seems like a good idea. Great profile

cdiblasi

cdiblasi

Awards
  • Established
Not going to offer suggestions because you should definitely talk to your doctor about the suggestion. What I will tell you is what your doctor probably told you.. based on your conditions and the medications I believe you to be on, take your time getting out of bed in the morning or just getting up in general. Jumping out of bed or getting up too quickly may render you dizzy and disoriented.

This is definitely a matter to speak to your doctor about with the circulation and you're not to going to find supps to really reverse atherosclerosis. Your only idea to help slightly would be to raise your HDL which isn't easy to do by any means and you're already doing one of the recommended 'therapies' (exercise).

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
CoQ10 + Ubiquinol + Ester C + L-Arginine
good suggestion. also, taking 81mg of aspirin/day will help lower your bp. Forskolin has also shown to lower bp. both are cheap products and forskolin-95 also helps with fat loss :D

bigbb123

Awards
I was recently diagnosed with a circulation problem. I had been having several symptoms...headaches 3-4 times a week, fatigue, dizziness when I stand or turn to quick (sometimes so bad I "see stars"). More recently I have started waking up COLD in the mornings and I don't warm up until a hot shower. I also have started having my arms "go to sleep" as I sleep. Last night I swear I woke up about every 20 minutes to "shake it off".

So, are there any sups that can help improve circulation? I know Ginko is supposed to.

I guess I should add that I had blood test and everything was OK except my liver enzymes were a little high and need rechecked in 3 months.

My BP was 171/107 but I was put on meds and it is now normal range...IIRC 125/75

I already changed my diet and attempt to work out. Attempt because the lack of blood flow/oxygen to the muscles causes severe cramps. Still, I dropped 7 lbs in 2 weeks.

Any help appreciated as I've already talked myself into the possibility of me dying in my sleep. :( I don't want that.
This something beyond the scope of what this board was intended to address, imo. Regardless some guys made some pretty good suggestions, but i get the feeling that something fairly more sinister is causing this. When did these symptoms begin to manifest them selves and have you had any erectile problems? Also, id give this combo a try: l-norvaline,l-orinthine, and citrulline malate. Should be great for improving blood flow and circulation.

manstr

manstr

Awards

I have very bad circulation in my arms and I often get purple hands and they are constantly going to sleep.

What helps me is keeping my extremities warm, and supplementing agmatine sulfate. I have tried everything but agmatine really really seems to help.

2+ grams a day

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

What was the actual diagnosis and what meds did your doctor put you on? Honestly, you are probably going to want to stick with that and not take any supplements which could make matters worse.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Talk with your doctor before taking any supplements which might interfere with your medication or maker matters worse.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im subbed. I dont have the greatest blood flow either! Just interested for mild supps which may aid lightly.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Omega 3s

zv3

zv3

Awards
Obviously I would check with your Doctors and his advise. Working out should help with circulation a lot, and Hemavol was a good suggestion. Nitrates, agamatine, citrulline malate etc all should help. Something else seems to be the matter, but working out and cardio should put you on the right track.

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
What is your dx? I would follow up with your doctor you can always leave him a message on the nurses line, and they will call you back. To me this sounds like some sort of parasthesia due to neuropathy, due to some other underlying issue...again follow up with your doc.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
What is your dx?
Right now just bad circulation...I am self employed and we are moving so I won't have the money for all the tests to track it down until mid-late July. I was looking for sups to help me in the meantime.

My stepson is an EMT and been staying with us because he and his girlfriend broke up...he's keeping an eye on me in the meantime as well.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established

Vitamin E (extremely angiogenic), Salvia Miltiorrhiza (it's in chinese formulations for blood flow with notoginseng), Notoginseng (San Qi), Arginine could help too.

I have could hands, poor circulation, and San Qi, Salvia and Tocotrienols + Tocopherols help me, but it won't cure that.

Vitamin E inhibits angiogenesis

h t t p : / /w w w .ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12094614

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hemavol seems like a good idea. Great profile
Although hemavol is a very good non stim pre workout designed to increase plasma volumes, i wouldnt suggest it for circulatory medical complications.

Mike

zaire2d

Awards
Vitamin E inhibits angiogenesis

h t t p : / /w w w .ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12094614

I can't read full text in my computer, but this is very strange, Tea I agree, totaly anti-angiogenic.

But Vitamin E anti-angiogenic?

Angiogenese.JPG

Code:
Source: youtube .com/watch?v=C_5Z31mUmtc 13:55 minutes.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
I can't read full text in my computer, but this is very strange, Tea I agree, totaly anti-angiogenic.

But Vitamin E anti-angiogenic? Vitamin E is so angiogenic that cancer patients shouldn't take it. Probably Hair recover from Vitamin E is from angiogenic potential in scalp.

View attachment 81218

Code:
Source: youtube .com/watch?v=C_5Z31mUmtc 13:55 minutes.
I cited a pubmed PRJ.. You cited a youtube video

zaire2d

Awards
I cited a pubmed PRJ.. You cited a youtube video

Yeah, so what?

you post an abstract... I post some researcher talking about his experiments...

Give me any Poison and I can make a research saying it could be good for any other thing you want, this is why people need to read the entire study. To identify how that was possible.

Now I will rectify in my post, and take vitamin E off, don't want to spread conflituos information.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some good info up in here. Op id really try hard to have a physician locate the exact source of the issue.

Mike

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, so what?

you post an abstract... I post some researcher talking about his experiments...

Give me any Poison and I can make a research saying it could be good for any other thing you want, this is why people need to read the entire study. To identify how that was possible.

Now I will rectify in my post, and take vitamin E off, don't want to spread conflituos information.
There is a major difference between a research talk and something that was published in a peer-reviewed journal.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Update....

just got back from DR...she switch my BP med to Bystolic...she said it uses nitric oxide to dilate the capillaries and increase blood flow ;) :D

She also is leaning toward my hand numbness and coldness being carpal tunnel syndrome and wants me to wear wrist splints for a while to see if it helps. I do work with small things with my hands repeatedly (no jokes! lol) so that could be a cause.

If neither seem to help she wants me to see a cardiologist....hopefully these work.

KimChee

KimChee

Awards
Did you get a night splint? Hopefully it helps you out.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It will be interesting to see what the final diagnosis is. You're a big dude, so some of these issues might stem from your size. I'm 5'10" and when I finally bulked up over 200 pounds I had a hell of a time sleeping..apnea, arms falling asleep, difficulty breathing etc. I've gone back down to around 175-180 since then and feel much better on a day to day basis (have an ecto frame anyway).

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
It will be interesting to see what the final diagnosis is. You're a big dude, so some of these issues might stem from your size. I'm 5'10" and when I finally bulked up over 200 pounds I had a hell of a time sleeping..apnea, arms falling asleep, difficulty breathing etc. I've gone back down to around 175-180 since then and feel much better on a day to day basis (have an ecto frame anyway).
yeah, she wants me to drop weight.

lost 13 lbs in in just over a month.

My goal is 215 or so....I was in my best shape then.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Update....

just got back from DR...she switch my BP med to Bystolic...she said it uses nitric oxide to dilate the capillaries and increase blood flow ;) :D

She also is leaning toward my hand numbness and coldness being carpal tunnel syndrome and wants me to wear wrist splints for a while to see if it helps. I do work with small things with my hands repeatedly (no jokes! lol) so that could be a cause.

If neither seem to help she wants me to see a cardiologist....hopefully these work.
To my knowledge, bystolic is a beta blocker not a nitrate.

Bamski

Bamski

Awards
  • Established
Haha my stepfather told me if that was a good thing to get... I lol'd

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes sir! But it has nitric oxide-potentiating vasodilatory effect used in the treatment of hypertension which he has. ;)

Hmm cool info, didn't no that. My mom tried that, didn't do shiat for her for high blood pressure. I enjoy my coreg :p

Mike