Intra-workout drink vs PWO

  1. Intra-workout drink vs PWO


    I've always used a pre workout drink. But never an intra workout drink like xtend. Any thoughts on which one is better? Or both?


  2. They both serve totally different pruposes,they are both good additions to your routine Imo,but it also depends what you are looking for and trying to get out of the product,tell us some more info about what you are trying to accomplish or get out of the products you are asking about and maybe we can direct you better!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"

  3. If I had to pick one, I'd go with a preworkout over intra for sure. Never really liked intras anyhow but they can be beneficial.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
    •   
       


  4. for endurance purposes, I've had great luck with Strive by Omega Sports. I use that intra and Vengeance for my Preworkout...with that stack, endurance is amazing!

  5. this brings up a good point what in the hell is the difference between an intra and a post workout drink.. i've seen companies sell both but when you compare ingredients they generally contain amino's & creatine and some other random stuff.. is this basically marketing bs?

  6. to further that.. they turn those post and intraworkouts into preworkouts by adding one or more stims.. *shrug*

  7. Pre-WO (stims, pump products, endurance ergogens)
    Intra (BCAA's)
    Post-WO (protein blend, more aminos)

    ^ what you'll usually see

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    They both serve totally different pruposes,they are both good additions to your routine Imo,but it also depends what you are looking for and trying to get out of the product,tell us some more info about what you are trying to accomplish or get out of the products you are asking about and maybe we can direct you better!
    I'm wanting better lasting muscle endurance. I haven't done conditioning training in years and just started last week. My muscles give out so quickly with higher reps. No matter the weight. I want more endurance but I also want that jolt if energy like from a pre workout.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post
    for endurance purposes, I've had great luck with Strive by Omega Sports. I use that intra and Vengeance for my Preworkout...with that stack, endurance is amazing!
    That's a sick stack.

    Quote Originally Posted by joeblacc View Post
    I'm wanting better lasting muscle endurance. I haven't done conditioning training in years and just started last week. My muscles give out so quickly with higher reps. No matter the weight. I want more endurance but I also want that jolt if energy like from a pre workout.
    Endurance comes over time. If you havn't been endurance training, it's going to be a struggle to begin with. There are certain ingredients that can help, such as COP, creatine, citrulline malate, malic acid, nitrates. Give it time, building endurance takes work and patients.

  10. Strive as intra, hands down.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by joeblacc View Post

    I'm wanting better lasting muscle endurance. I haven't done conditioning training in years and just started last week. My muscles give out so quickly with higher reps. No matter the weight. I want more endurance but I also want that jolt if energy like from a pre workout.
    As far as endurance,SNS citrulline malate and beta alanine are great and I personally use them daily, they both also have multiple other benefits.For the energy you are looking for, check out Focus xt, there are multiple reviews here you can read, it will give you the energy boost you want and take your mental focus to a whole new level.If you would like to try a few scoops PM me your info.
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"

  12. I think intra workout nutrition is a great way to get in extra calories during a bulk. Helps with proper hydration.

    For me, Carbs+BCAA+P-slin=GFH

    Nutrient timing is a tad different but you can make it work into your routine.

    When cutting, I kind of why away from anything but water intra.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I think intra workout nutrition is a great way to get in extra calories during a bulk. Helps with proper hydration.

    For me, Carbs+BCAA+P-slin=GFH

    Nutrient timing is a tad different but you can make it work into your routine.

    When cutting, I kind of why away from anything but water intra.
    really? I find intra most important when cutting...the hardest trick is maintaining as much LBM as possible while on a cut.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post

    really? I find intra most important when cutting...the hardest trick is maintaining as much LBM as possible while on a cut.
    I should mention I do 2 scoops ModernBCAA+ with my pre-workout, which is about 15min before
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  15. if you're talking intras you gotta mention iforce compete.

    more than just BCAA's.
    BCAA/EAA from whey hydro.
    1g of each carnatines [LCF, LCLT]
    cit mal,
    Rhodiola Rosea Extract,
    Vinpocetine,
    electrolytes.


    My other favorites strive [make new delicious flavors!]

  16. Based off my personal experience, adding something like Strive intra and then having a shake or meal post makes a huge difference to just the shake or meal post when it comes to recovery. Additionally, Strive really helps me get through my high volume workouts energy and hydration wise, I think an intra product is an all around good investment.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
    Sign up for INSANE deals via our newsletter: www.mninsider.com

  17. i personally use Compete, but there is a point to where you just need to decide what works best for your body

    i know some people dont do well trying to digest while training. and to be honest, most workouts you may not need an intra workout drink

    i know some people have pretty short workouts ~45 minutes for this type of training I would not reccommend intra

    for me personally my workouts are 90-120 minutes so I need that compete! helps me to finish out my workout as strong as I started it
    iForce Nutrition Sponsored Athlete
    www.iforcenutrition.com
    facebook.com/iforcedave

  18. A preworkout is usually enough for me. I never go beyond and hour. I will say that I do notice better recovery while using an intra. To each their own I guess...
    I'm Back...
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. best intra workout drink?
    By djsnipes in forum Supplements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 01:11 AM
  2. Pre-Intra Workout Drink Formulation
    By scottyc33 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 09:45 AM
  3. NOS Ether and Intra Workout drink
    By herewego in forum Get Diesel Nutrition
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 12:38 PM
  4. Intra Workout Drink
    By corsaking in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Log in
Log in