Hello all. - AnabolicMinds.com

Hello all.

1. New Member

Hello all.

I am a 16 year old male. I play very high level competitive hockey, and would like to increase my size by adding muscle. I am currently 6', and 185lbs. I workout every day for over an hour, and due to my high metabolism, I am not gaining the weight I want. I take mass gainer shakes, twice daily. If anyways has any tips or information to help, It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    T. Anshelm

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  150 lbs.

Eat more.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

proper training and nutrition for your goals.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

•   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

eat more, train less. lifting weights every day for over an hour is too much and counter productive
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    eat more, train less. lifting weights every day for over an hour is too much and counter productive
    Perfect advice!
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Perfect advice!

not necessarily. He said he "works out" for over an hour every day. 2 or 3 of those days might be cardio or conditioning work. At 16 years old, I'd think he could train in some way 7 days a week and make good gains.

Food is the key here, though, for sure. Kid needs to eat more. If you can't fit more food in your belly, make it more calorie dense. Add olive oil and/or natural peanut butter to everything. Maybe lessen some of the cardio or do lower intensity some of the time, though I'm sure you need to keep up the conditioning for speed and endurance on the ice.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

as long as it isnt weights everyday and not high intensity cardio every day, i dont see an issue at his age. i prefer at least one day off completely from everything.

8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

seems we need a little clarification from op here lol

by workout, do you mean lifting? or do you include cardio and practice as working out too?
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    as long as it isnt weights everyday and not high intensity cardio every day, i dont see an issue at his age. i prefer at least one day off completely from everything.
    same here, usually one day off or just very light cardio like walking around the neighborhood with the wife and son or whatever.

at 16 though, if he sleeps 9-10 hours and eats like a horse his recovery should be sufficient to work pretty hard 7 days a week
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

His goal is to put on mass and he plays competitive hockey in addition to working out 7 days a week for more than an hour at a time. Increasing calories in is one part of the solution, but 7 days for that long each time seems counteractive to his stated goal.
    ***PES Representative***
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

if OP wants to put on mass, he needs to only lift weights 3x a week with compound lifts like 5x5. great for strength as well which would go along with his sport. other days can be hockey, cardio...etc + one or two days resting if available.

12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

As everyone has mentioned, more food is a must. If OP is playing hockey at a "very high competitive level", I'd think that all of his training is under the supervision of coaches.
    PES Representative
  13. New Member

My schedule of a week includes 4 workouts a week with intense weights. 3 of those workouts, are designated for cardio. I take mass shakes, twice a day, everyday. I've that fish oils, and high vegetable diet helps.
  14. New Member

I appreciate all of you for taking the time to give me some tips!!
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T_anshelm View Post
    My schedule of a week includes 4 workouts a week with intense weights. 3 of those workouts, are designated for cardio. I take mass shakes, twice a day, everyday. I've that fish oils, and high vegetable diet helps.
    Yeah just need to get more cals bud. You'll be good to go!
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  181 lbs.

lots of sleep is key
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Hi T_anshelm. It looks like your training setup is solid. If you aren't gaining weight, you really just need to increase your caloric intake until the scale starts to move. You're burning through a lot of calories with your training and hockey will do this to an even greater degree.

The 2 shakes are fine (I'd continue with them), but I'd suggest getting the additional calories needed through whole foods. Adding things such as peanut butter, extra virgin olive oil, and coconut oil to meals (or your shakes) is an easy way to increase your caloric intake. At your age, "less healthy" foods in moderation, should be fine as well. My coach actually used to suggest we eat ice cream to help put on weight.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    PES Representative
  18. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    Hi T_anshelm. It looks like your training setup is solid. If you aren't gaining weight, you really just need to increase your caloric intake until the scale starts to move. You're burning through a lot of calories with your training and hockey will do this to an even greater degree.

The 2 shakes are fine (I'd continue with them), but I'd suggest getting the additional calories needed through whole foods. Adding things such as peanut butter, extra virgin olive oil, and coconut oil to meals (or your shakes) is an easy way to increase your caloric intake. At your age, "less healthy" foods in moderation, should be fine as well. My coach actually used to suggest we eat ice cream to help put on weight.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    exactly my thoughts, Breezy
  19. New Member

Thanks so much breezy!
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Thanks so much breezy!
    his head is getting bigger and bigger now...

21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Thanks so much breezy!
    No problem bud! I was in a very similar situation at your age. Please feel free to PM me with any additional questions that you may have.

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post

his head is getting bigger and bigger now...
    Still the same OG.
    PES Representative
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

You're 16 bro. You've probably maxed out your weight for your age. Give it some time, I gained 40lbs between the ages of 16 and 20 naturally. Give it some time
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinterguy4 View Post
    You're 16 bro. You've probably maxed out your weight for your age. Give it some time, I gained 40lbs between the ages of 16 and 20 naturally. Give it some time
    No such thing as "maxing out your weight"
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny View Post

No such thing as "maxing out your weight"
    Excuse me...hit a plateau for his age
  25. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinterguy4 View Post

Excuse me...hit a plateau for his age
    You can always put on more weight. Your body will never get to a point where it arbitrarily decides it won't absorb more calories than it takes to maintain your current weight. Just not physiologically possible unless you have some kind of medical condition out of the ordinary
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hello all....PEG-200 or PEG-400?
    By Your Endo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 02:13 PM
  2. Hello All
    By grob1963 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3