Importance of a dietary supplements "other ingredient" profile

mike0589

mike0589

Awards
There have been a few threads about oral DHEA and it's effectiveness. Although this thread poses a question toward the relative importance/effectiveness of a certain product and its "other ingredients" list; I believe I can make a plausible statement toward focusing on both main ingredients and secondary ingredients of two types of oral DHEA, and its total effectiveness.

As mentioned above, I tinkered with the idea of testing two different brands of oral DHEA over a 4 week period. My first product the i-Health DHEA is 50 mg per tablet. I took one serving with 25 mg of Androsta-3,5-diene-7,17-dione for 2 weeks (April 29th to May 12th) upon waking, and another serving before bedtime.

The supplement facts are as follows:
dheasupp.gif

I only noticed an increase in REM sleep from a results standpoint.

Upon ending the i-Health DHEA, I picked up the regular *** brand DHEA two days ago. I started my standard dose of 50 mg by taking two 25 mg doses at the same time as listed above.

The supplement facts are as follows:
DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosterone) 25.00 mg

The other ingredients are Dicalcium Phosphate, Cellulose, and Vegetable Acetoglycerides.

I took my first 50 mg dose before bedtime and woke up at 4 AM wide awake, with a slight pressure in my head. I was incredibly aware of everything in my room; my most accurate description of this little event is euphoria; it was incredible. I know a few seasoned DHEA experts on this site have noted an almost nootropic effects with other DHEA variations, but not regular DHEA.

My main question is why did this happen? The only real difference between the two are their other ingredient blends. Could this be a placebo, or a difference in ingredients/purity?

Regardless, the experience was incredible. Has anyone every had anything like this happen with DHEA supplementation?