Wellbutrine XL + Preworkout Supplements

1. Registered User

Wellbutrine XL + Preworkout Supplements

Had to start taking Wellbutrine XL lately and as a result I stopped taking all my pwo supps.I know the possible side effects of buporpion and stims are reduced seizure threshold (never had one) / increased anxiety.And I'm about to consult with my physician as well before I start pwo again.However I could not find much information regarding people taking pwo while on it, so just wondering if anyone had experience with that ?

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.

I take lexapro 40 mg and still use preworkouts. Not sure if that helps with your question
  3. Registered User

Thanks for your reply but unfortunately Lexapro is an SSRI so I'm guessing it's not the same as Wellbutrine which is an NDRI.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard12 View Post
    Had to start taking Wellbutrine XL lately and as a result I stopped taking all my pwo supps.I know the possible side effects of buporpion and stims are reduced seizure threshold (never had one) / increased anxiety.And I'm about to consult with my physician as well before I start pwo again.However I could not find much information regarding people taking pwo while on it, so just wondering if anyone had experience with that ?
    I take 300mg daily and have been for years now and I take PWO products. I have not noticed any issues, but people react differently. There are some ingredients you may want to stay away from such as Yohimbine. Some also get anxiety for high caffeine. I usually take a scoop pre-workout, i don't go over 1.5. I've tried Craze, Focus XT, Jack3d to name few.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

I personally would not take anything else while on Wellbutrin ESPECIALLY during the start up phase. I have taken that stuff and it absolutely spun me completely out of control. The start up phase is known to be the most difficult of all the AD. Most people wont need a pre-workout sups because the Wellbutrin is very stimulating.
  6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fadi View Post
    I take 300mg daily and have been for years now and I take PWO products. I have not noticed any issues, but people react differently. There are some ingredients you may want to stay away from such as Yohimbine. Some also get anxiety for high caffeine. I usually take a scoop pre-workout, i don't go over 1.5. I've tried Craze, Focus XT, Jack3d to name few.
    Sorry for bumping - but just checked this now, and I'm really glad I did...You guys are the only ones who actually helped me! (all others referred me to my doctors - which I did, unfortunately they do not know much about supplements). I'm on my 4th week of 150mg, and starting 300mg soon. I just wanted to know that there are some people in this planet who took both NDRI and PWO and still live to tell . Going to start with really small dosages after my 2nd week of 300mg (which means 6 weeks into Wellbutrine). btw, so far energy has been exactly the same as in my caffeine withdrawal phases - none.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

I wouldn't worry too much of the lowered seizure threshold unless you are prone to them or are taking very high levels of stimulants especially if you have been on the bupropion for a while. In the beginning of a dosage increase there is definitely an increased concern though but I doubt you will ever need more than 300mg per day as it isn't really recommended above this.

Anxiety is an issue with many users of bupropion as well so the caffeine can definitely make this worse as well.
    www.athletixsports.com Get your name on The List for specials. Facebook: Athletix Sports Instagram: @athletixsports Twitter: @Athletix_Sports.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Preworkout Supplements While Cutting!?
    By tstinson in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 08:58 PM
  2. Study on Preworkout Supplements and Training
    By LG Sciences in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-16-2009, 03:49 AM
  3. BEST PREWORKOUT SUPPLEMENT!?
    By One Shot in forum Supplements
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 09:49 PM
  4. Preworkout supplement help