Pre-workout

sdisibio

Awards
Hey,

I'm a slot receiver for a D2 school, I'm trying to put on lean muscle, gain a little weight but still maintain my ability to move quickly so I don't want to bulk up too much. I'm looking for a good NCAA legal preworkout. I've been taking 'alarm' from *** because it gives me a kick while I lift. All I really need is energy in the weight room. Any suggestions?

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If all you need is energy, and you arent already stimulant tolerant, then seemingly any pre workout product will do.

Go with something fail proof and affordable like SuperPump Max.

popcornsutton

popcornsutton

Awards
I am also a D2 athlete and I am able to take Amin.O Energy. It's a blend of amino acids and the only thing that is questionable is the amount of caffeine. Caffeine will be burned off relatively quick though.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For endurance, lactic acid buffering and pumps nothing beats Max Pump. I have increased reps and weights on just about every lift since suppllementing it. Truly amazing product.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
I played D2 baseball from 03-07. What are some of the new stuff they added to the list? I remember the caffeine content was around 200mg or so.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind that the NCAA has a blanket statement essentially on "performance enhancers" now so just don't keep this sort of stuff in your locker at school. I played D1 football and it doesn't matter if your locker is locked up. Keep the dosages on the caffeine to just enough that you are stimulated, too much can speed up the heart rate too much and actually cause you to get out of breath quicker. Plus you don't want to be too thermogenic and start burning muscle.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If all you want is energy, just dose bulk caffeine, or try something like Focus XT that is just caffeine and nootropics.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with Max Pump. No stims, LA buffering and ridiculous pump. A staple for me.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have no clue what is ncaa compliant, only you IMO can determine that and what you are willing to risk.

Conquer, since its introduction has gotten a ton of great reviews with very low caffeine per scoop but the energy is coming from all the other goodies. Very nice pump complex as well! Awesome feedback, tastes great, def worth a look.

Mike

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
Hey,

I'm a slot receiver for a D2 school, I'm trying to put on lean muscle, gain a little weight but still maintain my ability to move quickly so I don't want to bulk up too much. I'm looking for a good NCAA legal preworkout. I've been taking 'alarm' from *** because it gives me a kick while I lift. All I really need is energy in the weight room. Any suggestions?
MusclePharm Assault is your best bet. It's cheap, you will gain around 10lbs fairly quickly and it gives you a little kick that helps with endurance and it gets better with time. It was the first preworkout I ever used and i never tried it again, but im leaning towards getting another tub.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
White Flood Reborn would be perfect for you.

Sustained energy, focus and mood enhancement with the cleanest feeling stim experience Ive found.

MusclePharm Assault is your best bet. It's cheap, you will gain around 10lbs fairly quickly
This had nothing to do with a preworkout.

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
White Flood Reborn would be perfect for you.

Sustained energy, focus and mood enhancement with the cleanest feeling stim experience Ive found.

This had nothing to do with a preworkout.
He's a football player. If you read the post he also wants to gain weight and stay flexible. Im not a rep trying to sell a product. Just an athlete speaking from personal experience. It was a good pre for a beginner, even though I wasnt looking to pick up weight.

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
He's a football player. If you read the post he also wants to gain weight and stay flexible. Im not a rep trying to sell a product. Just an athlete speaking from personal experience. It was a good pre for a beginner, even though I wasnt looking to pick up weight.
That may be, but you didn't gain 10lbs from a pre-wo unless it had 500-1000 cals per serving...

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It wont make you add weight or stay flexible. Preworkouts dont do that. Cheers for playing the non-rep card tho.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MusclePharm Assault is your best bet. It's cheap, you will gain around 10lbs fairly quickly and it gives you a little kick that helps with endurance and it gets better with time. It was the first preworkout I ever used and i never tried it again, but im leaning towards getting another tub.
You gained 10lbs from a PWO? For real?

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
Everyone is different. I was 173 before i started. 183 6 weeks later. My diet was clean, mostly chicken, brown rice and a gallon of water daily as per the instructions on assaults label. I gained 10 pounds, everyone is different. Not to mention i was training, so hey it could have been the strength increase and heavier weight lifting. But the only thing i was taking was the assault+rpm combo

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just because everyone is different doesnt mean you are superhuman or on anabolic steroids (or were you?).

It could be body fat and water, but you didnt gain 10lbs of muscle.

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
Just because everyone is different doesnt mean you are superhuman or on anabolic steroids (or were you?).

It could be body fat and water, but you didnt gain 10lbs of muscle.
Never used anabolics. Im not what you would call a hardgainer either, i pack on size quickly and im a sprinter with very low body fat. Assault was my first supplement ever other than a centrum multivitamin(garbage). Assault gave me the extra kick i needed to even take weightlifting seriously, so maybe it was that+strength increase+consistent heavier weight training from a person who usually just played around in the weight room, who knows? I never said it was all muscle because i have no way of telling but 10 pounds is 10 pounds. Im just simply trying to help the OP. How silly do we look arguing about MY experience? In the end it's up to the OP to pick a product. I chose Assault because it was comprehensive and has a "banned substance free" stamp on it, which is attractive to an NCAA athlete where as most companies and reps say "we dont keep up with the lists, they change too much". I havent even seen the profile for white flood reborn, i have never bashed the product nor the company. Ok we can stop fighting now and let the OP choose.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not fighting at all, attempting to educate.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
I'm a big fan of Enhanced right now. Def my favorite Pre. But if I were you and may be getting tested I'd be careful because of that general "beta-2-agonist" ban they have.

I'd go with White Flood. Haven't tried the new formula yet. But loved the OG. New one looks good too.

BOOMBOOMBOOM

Awards
I got a nice rush of energy from Alphamine, even though its main function is being a fat burner, and ive been through a lot of products. Also liked ds craze, but dont use it too close to bedtime, it will mess with it.

BOOMBOOMBOOM

Awards
I'm a big fan of Enhanced right now. Def my favorite Pre. But if I were you and may be getting tested I'd be careful because of that general "beta-2-agonist" ban they have.

I'd go with White Flood. Haven't tried the new formula yet. But loved the OG. New one looks good too.
Ahh, I didnt see this post. Alphamine also got NCD in it too "beta-2 agonist", so tread carefully