Phenibut - Non-Responder?

1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.75%

Phenibut - Non-Responder?

Took 500mg yesterday for the first time in my life. Even 3 hours later zero effect. Was the dosag too low or am i even a non-responder?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.43%

Do make a research on this substance since it can be very dangerous to take it wrong way then end up with bad benzodiazepines like addiction and withdrawal symptoms.

I myself was researching this substance last night and decided it's not worth the risk since a lot of them that took it had little or mostly undesirable effects.

The ones that took it and had great results could build tolerance fast then start taking higher doses and got into addiction level.

Definitely one of the dirty substances and by what I read pain to stop taking it since withdrawal symptoms last for weeks.

Well looks like most substances that work on increasing levels of pleasure hormones and/or neurotransmitters can lead to tolerance and addiction.

I myself would love to hear feedback from members of this forum taking phenibut and how overdosing or trying to quit affected them.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.09%

Quote Originally Posted by uubiduu View Post
    Took 500mg yesterday for the first time in my life. Even 3 hours later zero effect. Was the dosag too low or am i even a non-responder?
    There is a lot of rubbish out there... I fine less is best with Phenibut. My 1st container was a very light tiny granule product and I didn't appreciate the response. My 2nd purchase, was a diff brand and was far better a product. The granules were bigger and the taste was way worse.

I won't name brands due to site rules unknown.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.48%

I take 500mg from time to time, but I have an addictive personality, so I'm very careful. You build up a tolerance fast, I've read some guys taking 3+grams per dose. I threw the bottle out half way just to be safe lol. There's a huge thread on the other board about people with their withdrawal symptoms and their problems with phenibut so I wonder if it's even worth it. People with severe withdrawal symptoms much like benzos or other anti-depressants, anti-anxiety meds..
    PT, DPT, OCS Clinical Residency
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I've done up to 2gm just to experiment, but find 1gm is good. I only use it on restless nights to avoid tolerance.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.84%

I think it takes a couple grams if you want to "feel" something, 500mg is just like a mild anti-anxiety type dose.
  7. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.75%

strange how an addictive substance is available OTC
    will try 1g instead of 500mg next time but wait some days with that. better be on the safe side
    perhaps my phenibut is of bad quality?got it very cheap from ebay. how should it taste? i dissolved the 500mg in water and washed them down. was a bit sour but not too awful taste.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.65%

Pleanty of 'addictive' substances are available legally. Alcohol, cigarettes, etc. Just be a responsible adult and you'll be fine. I've used phenibut on and off for years with no issue. And I've found some bulk powders less effective, but then it's a subtle effect anyway (aside from the fuzzy head next day if you consume too much before sleep). If you are looking for a high, this won't really do that. Mild drunk feeling at best.
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.95%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

quality varies from brand to brand.....for convience sake i like pre-capped, and found good quality with sns brand-price is very reasonable from a quality company i trust!!!

i try to limit my use to 3xweek, and sometimes 4 but never more than 4.....i have never had any problems and have been using it off and on for over 4 years.
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  10. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Mines real fine powder from NP. It works well, half a spoolfull is enough to put me to asleep feelin relaxed.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

I started using phenibut in capsule form, but found it more cost effective to switch to the powder tubs. For many yrs. I found the best price from NP for the Primaforce brand. I tried Nps own brand but found it less effective, so always stuck with Primaforce. At some point (maybe 1 yr ago?) EVERY vendor was out of stock of the product for about 2 months. When it became back in stock it seemed like a whole different product. Much less effective, slight odor and I would even get a slight headache using. I searched for different brands to try and luckily ran across Liftmode's through Amazon. No capsules but they have the tubs. It's the old crystal like form with the wanted effects of the 'original' supplement. Try it and you'll notice the difference.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.19%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ahh123 View Post
    Do make a research on this substance since it can be very dangerous to take it wrong way then end up with bad benzodiazepines like addiction and withdrawal symptoms.I myself was researching this substance last night and decided it's not worth the risk since a lot of them that took it had little or mostly undesirable effects.The ones that took it and had great results could build tolerance fast then start taking higher doses and got into addiction level.Definitely one of the dirty substances and by what I read pain to stop taking it since withdrawal symptoms last for weeks.Well looks like most substances that work on increasing levels of pleasure hormones and/or neurotransmitters can lead to tolerance and addiction.I myself would love to hear feedback from members of this forum taking phenibut and how overdosing or trying to quit affected them.
    Kind of true....I have used it for years but that being said yes you have to be careful with it you will find yourself craving it if you over use it. I used it to come off a Alprazolam prescription. If used correctly this is a wonder supplement/drug but you must plan for the addictive properties for instance don't use it more then 2 days in a week and not back to back days. If you have anxiety problems look into l-theanine and allopregnanolone both help with anxiety and if you change the three out and never use one back to back and you should stay safe from addiction like symptoms...
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.04%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by ahh123 View Post
    Do make a research on this substance since it can be very dangerous to take it wrong way then end up with bad benzodiazepines like addiction and withdrawal symptoms.

I myself was researching this substance last night and decided it's not worth the risk since a lot of them that took it had little or mostly undesirable effects.

The ones that took it and had great results could build tolerance fast then start taking higher doses and got into addiction level.

Definitely one of the dirty substances and by what I read pain to stop taking it since withdrawal symptoms last for weeks.

Well looks like most substances that work on increasing levels of pleasure hormones and/or neurotransmitters can lead to tolerance and addiction.

I myself would love to hear feedback from members of this forum taking phenibut and how overdosing or trying to quit affected them.
    Well that sounds terrifying... and extremely far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain1668 View Post
    There is a lot of rubbish out there... I fine less is best with Phenibut. My 1st container was a very light tiny granule product and I didn't appreciate the response. My 2nd purchase, was a diff brand and was far better a product. The granules were bigger and the taste was way worse.

I won't name brands due to site rules unknown.
    I will... Serious Nutrition Solutions. We have great sourcing and our Phenibut works well.

These damn boards get more and more like a scary camp fire story everyday. EVERYTHING IN MODERATION. Then you don't have to worry about addiction. It's not meant to be taken everyday if you use responsibly you will be fine.

Sweet dreams.
    ~Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~

AnabolicMinds.com Site Rep
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.19%

Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    Well that sounds terrifying... and extremely far fetched.I will... Serious Nutrition Solutions. We have great sourcing and our Phenibut works well. These damn boards get more and more like a scary camp fire story everyday. EVERYTHING IN MODERATION. Then you don't have to worry about addiction. It's not meant to be taken everyday if you use responsibly you will be fine. Sweet dreams.
    I have used SNS brand and it worked well for me. And I agree some things are exaggerated but it is as you said used in moderation most things are fairly safe.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.65%

Yeah, I've gone back to sns. Bit more expensive then bulk powder but never disappointed.
  16. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.24%

Quote Originally Posted by uubiduu View Post
    1g of SNS phenibut does great for me. I dont know what brand youre using though, so the dosing may vary a bit.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.59%

It knocks me out. But I do not use daily. Once, twice a week. Or if I can't sleep. Don't rely on it daily it can become a substance you rely on.

I always use melatonin. 6mg or 5 mg depending what I buy.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  18. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.34%

I have to use 2.3 to get any effect and have to have it spaced out at least 2 days or tolerance builds fast.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-07-2005, 06:15 PM
  2. responders and non-responders
    By Dan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-11-2004, 11:04 PM
  3. v-12 turbo or swole? Non-responder
    By swoody in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-19-2004, 03:18 PM
  4. PH non-responder's 1st M1T Cycle log