Cissus 3g a day..insane strength gains?

  1. New Member
    KimChee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    501
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    45.8%

    Cissus 3g a day..insane strength gains?


    Hey guys,

    I've done a couple of 8 week runs of Cissus at around 3 grams a day, and I've noticed that while on my strength goes through the roof! I don't think it due to pushing myself because of lack of injury there is definately some hormonal component to this. I did do some research, and a few others have said similar things, but I wonder if anyone else is getting huge strength increases due to cissus. I'm using the powder, it tastes awful but it is cheap and well worth it for the joint aches alone. Anyone else getting this at all? I've done a little experimenting 1.5g at least for myself makes my shoulders and back feel better but I don't get the strength gains that I do at 3g.
    PT, DPT, OCS Clinical Residency

  2. Advanced Member
    Killler's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    810
    Rep Power
    285286
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    30.38%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    I like the taste.

    I`m using the Primaforce powder,40% ketosterones.

    I take around a gram a day.

    But if I go above that I seem not to feel so well.


    This is interesting though,might want to try it.

    Are you sure the strength gains aren`t just and ordinary progression for you?

    Or maybe some other supplemet you`re taking?

    Can you describe the strength gain a bit?
  3. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    You like the taste? Ew bulk cissus is gross lol. Ill stick to my capsulated cissus in joint help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Killler View Post
    I like the taste.

    I`m using the Primaforce powder,40% ketosterones.

    I take around a gram a day.

    But if I go above that I seem not to feel so well.


    This is interesting though,might want to try it.

    Are you sure the strength gains aren`t just and ordinary progression for you?

    Or maybe some other supplemet you`re taking?

    Can you describe the strength gain a bit?
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,685
    Rep Power
    6897331
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    73.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    There's really no reason for cissus to improve strength unless your bone density was holding you back
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  5. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,252
    Rep Power
    6786068
    Level
    92
    Lv. Percent
    74.33%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Bulk cissus is some nasty stuff
  6. New Member
    zv3's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    96636
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    69.13%

    I have noticed a bit of increased strength, but I attribute it to the positive effects of Cissus on my joints, thus making it more comfortable for me to add more weight. Normally my bones are creaking and popping, but on Cissus my joints feel very strong. Not sure if Cissus would contribute DIRECTLY to increased strength, but INDIRECTLY it works great!
  7. Board Sponsor
    USPlabsRep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,623
    Rep Power
    1828758
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    78.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    There's really no reason for cissus to improve strength unless your bone density was holding you back
    I wouldn't sell it short, in animals at least cissus is a strong anti corticoid and at 3-6 grams a "cissus pump" becomes apparent.
  8. Senior Member
    alwaysfirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Power
    219128
    Level
    31
    Lv. Percent
    10.29%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I probably have to switch brand cuz my knees are worse than ever from 2-4g a day I have been using the bulk cissus I got from the Versa-1 bundle, can you guys recommend me a good brand?
  9. New Member
    KimChee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    501
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    45.8%

    This isn't a normal strength progression, I'm noticeably stronger each visit to the gym, only other time Ive noticed these type of strength increases was with old 1-AD. I gained strength on ABE, Erase, and DAA, but again not like this. I'm only taking staple type supplements with it (fish oil, green tea, magnesium, coq10, multi). I'm toying with weights that felt heavy to me before, I'm not crazy I swear I'm not..not sure why this is happening, but I'm not arguing with it lol.

    Bulk Cissus tastes awful, but I think Ive finally gotten used to it, I dump 1.5 grams in front of my tongue right behind my teeth then start gulping water, I do this twice a day.


    Quote Originally Posted by Killler View Post
    I like the taste.

    I`m using the Primaforce powder,40% ketosterones.

    I take around a gram a day.

    But if I go above that I seem not to feel so well.


    This is interesting though,might want to try it.

    Are you sure the strength gains aren`t just and ordinary progression for you?

    Or maybe some other supplemet you`re taking?

    Can you describe the strength gain a bit?
    PT, DPT, OCS Clinical Residency
  10. Advanced Member
    Killler's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    810
    Rep Power
    285286
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    30.38%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by KimChee View Post
    I gained strength on DAA
    Ahh you`ve lost me.

    DAA is pure crap in the gym.


    I don`t care what anyone else will say.

    I have done bloods on DAA and it didn`t boost any test,nor did it have any effect in the gym.
  11. Board Sponsor
    USPlabsRep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,623
    Rep Power
    1828758
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    78.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Killler View Post
    Ahh you`ve lost me.

    DAA is pure crap in the gym.


    I don`t care what anyone else will say.

    I have done bloods on DAA and it didn`t boost any test,nor did it have any effect in the gym.
    Its crap for you, i agree but maybe not for the next guy...
  12. Advanced Member
    Killler's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    810
    Rep Power
    285286
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    30.38%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post
    Its crap for you, i agree but maybe not for the next guy...
    I`m sure there are lots of people imagining DAA gains.
  13. Senior Member
    PuZo's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,438
    Rep Power
    412207
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I haven't noticed much. I usually take 4 Joint Help and an additional 2-3g from bulk.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  14. Senior Member
    Clemenza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,412
    Rep Power
    557668
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    67.12%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Killler View Post
    I`m sure there are lots of people imagining DAA gains.
    I get very nice gains off daa
    PES ALPHAMINE Log
    h ttp://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213082-pes-alphamine-log.html
  15. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,685
    Rep Power
    6897331
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    73.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post
    I wouldn't sell it short, in animals at least cissus is a strong anti corticoid and at 3-6 grams a "cissus pump" becomes apparent.
    A glucocorticoid receptor antagonist may reduce proteolysis but it would reduce exercise performance, as cortisol plays a role in storing glycogen and therefore aiding glucagon in mobilizing it during exercise
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  16. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.46%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by PuZo View Post
    I haven't noticed much. I usually take 4 Joint Help and an additional 2-3g from bulk.
    I take an additional 1g just since I have so much!!!

    mike
  17. New Member
    lpfleiderer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  151 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    137588
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    96.75%

    Quote Originally Posted by Killler View Post
    I like the taste.?

    Glad I'm not alone! I mix 2 grams with my chocolate protein shake and its delicious!
  18. Senior Member
    804's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    1584650
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfirst View Post
    I probably have to switch brand cuz my knees are worse than ever from 2-4g a day I have been using the bulk cissus I got from the Versa-1 bundle, can you guys recommend me a good brand?
    Iforce joint help - great cissus + paractin for non-NSAID anti inflammatory. I love it.
  19. New Member
    zv3's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    96636
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    69.13%

    Why take Cissus straight, I mix it in my morning pwo.
  20. Board Sponsor
    USPlabsRep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,623
    Rep Power
    1828758
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    78.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Killler View Post
    I`m sure there are lots of people imagining DAA gains.
    The notion of "it doesn't work for me so it doesn't work for the world" is odd...

    With that in mind, if a supplement works for you it must work for the world. Every supplement company should seek you out for R&D. Not just the supplement industry but you would become super rich in the pharma world...
  21. Board Sponsor
    USPlabsRep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,623
    Rep Power
    1828758
    Level
    57
    Lv. Percent
    78.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    A glucocorticoid receptor antagonist may reduce proteolysis but it would reduce exercise performance, as cortisol plays a role in storing glycogen and therefore aiding glucagon in mobilizing it during exercise
    D-bol and Durabolin are both in that category.
  22. Advanced Member
    pow_wow41's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    721
    Rep Power
    232403
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    70.08%

    Totally off topic but those of you who aren't fond of the bulk cissus flavor, I put mine in with my morning coffee. Probably the most effective way I've found to mask it's bold taste.
  23. New Member
    996ttelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    458
    Rep Power
    168217
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    51.62%

    This may be completely bunk, but I saw an article stating that cissus works by increasing IGF-1. If so, could this not potentially cause some gains in stregth. What if someone was a bit low?
  24. Senior Member
    AdelV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,950
    Rep Power
    45196
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    67.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pow_wow41 View Post
    Totally off topic but those of you who aren't fond of the bulk cissus flavor, I put mine in with my morning coffee. Probably the most effective way I've found to mask it's bold taste.
    I just drop it into a thin sheet of toilet paper and down it? Easiest way Ive ever found to take bulk powders!
  25. New Member
    jerrysiii's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    276
    Rep Power
    19863
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    23.97%

    This is very interesting. Any increase in body weight? How about water retention? I think I recall PA or one of the gurus suspecting that some of these herbs may exhibit estrogenic effects and that the corresponding water retention may be what helps the joints. I guess in theory the added volume could also produce strength gains. Then again maybe your cissus is spiked with sd
  26. Professional Member
    Mack411's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,814
    Rep Power
    7275814
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    27.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfirst View Post
    I probably have to switch brand cuz my knees are worse than ever from 2-4g a day I have been using the bulk cissus I got from the Versa-1 bundle, can you guys recommend me a good brand?
    Cissus XT, the lower the extract the more it help joints,ligaments and tendons,higher extraction rates tend to have more of an anabolic effect.

    SNS makes Cissus XT @ 5% extract,a lot of others you will find have it @ 10%.
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...-120-caps.html
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"
  27. New Member
    996ttelise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    458
    Rep Power
    168217
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    51.62%

    Lots of bro science and etc., on cissus and how to take. Like the wrapping in toilet paper. People throw anabolic term around and etc. Does anyone that sells this stuff actually know what it does or what active ingredient actually impacts bone and tissue. Does it exert any impact on IGF-1 or an IGF binding protein. Does it help produce or preserve osteoblasts. Is this all bunk? When you guys or reps say androgenic or anabolic, due you mean IGF-1 effects? I am really curious about this stuff as it could be great for an older dude like me.
  28. Advanced Member
    Killler's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    810
    Rep Power
    285286
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    30.38%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    I take mine raw.

    Why would I wanna mask the flavor? Then I wouldn`t enjoy it.


    Anyways,if Mack is right,then I have the perfect cissus to try out for strength gains(40%),once I get back to the gym.


    OP:

    What kind of strength gain did you experience?

    Can you give some numbers.

    I am at the top of my strength limit,there is nothing that can budge it anymore naturally,so if I try this out,I will certainly know if I`m getting power from cissus.
  29. New Member
    KimChee's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    501
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    45.8%

    No, I thought about this as well, mechanical cell leverage but I'm leaner if anything..

    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysiii View Post
    This is very interesting. Any increase in body weight? How about water retention? I think I recall PA or one of the gurus suspecting that some of these herbs may exhibit estrogenic effects and that the corresponding water retention may be what helps the joints. I guess in theory the added volume could also produce strength gains. Then again maybe your cissus is spiked with sd
    PT, DPT, OCS Clinical Residency
  30. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,685
    Rep Power
    6897331
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    73.54%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by 996ttelise View Post
    Lots of bro science and etc., on cissus and how to take. Like the wrapping in toilet paper. People throw anabolic term around and etc. Does anyone that sells this stuff actually know what it does or what active ingredient actually impacts bone and tissue. Does it exert any impact on IGF-1 or an IGF binding protein. Does it help produce or preserve osteoblasts. Is this all bunk? When you guys or reps say androgenic or anabolic, due you mean IGF-1 effects? I am really curious about this stuff as it could be great for an older dude like me.
    Cissus drives up osteoblast function. It has data showing it elevates IGF-1, but I wouldn't put much stock in it. It certainly aids injuries, but it is not anabolic to ​muscle tissue
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  31. Advanced Member
    Bigcountry08's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    665
    Rep Power
    336131
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    76.89%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by AdelV View Post

    I just drop it into a thin sheet of toilet paper and down it? Easiest way Ive ever found to take bulk powders!
    You my friend have just made my friggen week, this is the most ingenious idea ever. No lie about an hour ago I was contemplating getting a capper cause I don't like the taste of cissus. Just tried your little trick and worked perfect.
    Bigcountry's Getting a little smaller: Epi/Stano Log

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/231194-bigcountrys-getting-little.html
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2013, 12:42 AM
  2. Superdrol or Methyl for strength gains
    By Lionheart in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 10:45 AM
  3. Test Prop strength gains
    By jimmythelad in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-28-2005, 02:26 PM
  4. most strength gaining anabolic
    By pmcgough in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-13-2004, 02:26 PM
  5. Cycle W/ No Strength Gains??
    By Blatalian in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in