How much money do you spend per workout? - AnabolicMinds.com

How much money do you spend per workout?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  156 lbs.

How much money do you spend per workout?

As time has gone on I continue to add more products in and out of my workout rotation. I'm not sure the total cost of my workout but it is starting to get pricey.

Preworkout: 1500 mg ALCAR, 500-1000mg L-carnitine tartrate, 1500-2500 mg Beta Alanine, 4-6 g Citrulline, 1 scoop Xtend, 500 mg tyrosine, 500 mg DLPA, 1000 mg choline bitatrate, b6, b12, 500mg niacin, green tea extract, 1 cap astravar, 1 cap kre-alkalyn, 200mg caffeine or other stimulant (like alpha t2), 1/2 scoop-1 scoop Ultima.
    Post lifting: 2 scoops xtend, 5 grams glutamine immediately after lifting.
    Post Workout: 1 scoop whey isolate.

I cycle in fat burners/pre-workout supplements. At what I am doing in this cycle, my cost per workout averages about $3. In a given week, that is $15 per week and I'm in a budget phase right now.

What is your daily cost to workout. Am I putting to much emphasis on pre-workout support? I train fasted in the AM and don't feel as strong nor have the endurance without supplements.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Unless you have specific reasons you could easily drop the DLPA, B6, B12, niacin(get jarrow b-right if you want some b vitamins), astravar(if this is the preworkout enhancer thing), kre-alk for mono, l-glutamine and the xtend dose post workout. This could help you on costs some. I train fasted too and I cut it to a couple bulk powders, an intra, and a pre and I am good to go. If I don't have time for a meal I do protein post. Saves money.

I like Xtend but if you are after the leucine you could get just as much out of a half serving of ModernBCAA for cheaper. Just some ideas to help.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  156 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rob112 View Post
    Unless you have specific reasons you could easily drop the DLPA, B6, B12, niacin(get jarrow b-right if you want some b vitamins), astravar(if this is the preworkout enhancer thing), kre-alk for mono, l-glutamine and the xtend dose post workout. This could help you on costs some. I train fasted too and I cut it to a couple bulk powders, an intra, and a pre and I am good to go. If I don't have time for a meal I do protein post. Saves money.

I like Xtend but if you are after the leucine you could get just as much out of a half serving of ModernBCAA for cheaper. Just some ideas to help.
    Thanks for the advice Rob. I take DLPA, niacin and b-vitamins for combating depression. I've off Lexapro for 8 months after being on it for 6 years. The tyrosine/DLPA combo is great for boosting dopamine naturally and gets me through the side effects of dropping the Lexapro. The b-vitamins are cofactors.

Just ordered modern BCAA from nutraplanet from the clearance sale. $16.71. Great deal there!
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by feather319

Thanks for the advice Rob. I take DLPA, niacin and b-vitamins for combating depression. I've off Lexapro for 8 months after being on it for 6 years. The tyrosine/DLPA combo is great for boosting dopamine naturally and gets me through the side effects of dropping the Lexapro. The b-vitamins are cofactors.

Just ordered modern BCAA from nutraplanet from the clearance sale. $16.71. Great deal there!
    Ahhh, okay I got ya now. Well they are pretty inexpensive in bulk so not bad and you have good reason for using them.

That is an awesome deal on modern.

To answer your question right now I am cycled off of the carnitines. I use creatine mono, 2 caps uncut, ModernBCAA and sometimes Gatorade pre/during/post. My protein right now is XF arctic lemon.

I guess still a little pricey. When I have money I also like agmatine and cm. If money was no issue I'd probably have too much lol.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

i actually thoug about this the other day

$30/month @ 12 workouts a month = $2.50/day
    1scoop protein = $1/day ( not every day, just adding for fun)
    1scoop craze = ~$.75
    im not even gonna add cycle costs cuz its already stupid ass high
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

SNS caffeine tabs. 1-2 pre. That makes my workouts like .2 cents

Doesn't include cycle costs either.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Gym $19 per month (golds gym)
    1 Scoop Hemavol
    2 Scoops compete pre, 1 scoop intra

Not to much IMO
  8. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Gym $19 per month (golds gym)
    1 Scoop Hemavol
    2 Scoops compete pre, 1 scoop intra

Not to much IMO
    Your Golds is $19 a month.... da ****. I was paying $44/month.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

ye golds got ridiculously cheap. gl finding one now days though. they really shrunk
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.

My golds just shut down about 6 months ago. I was paying 17/mo and my buddy was paying 15. I miss that place, so many less douchebags.
    Current Unsponsored XGELS log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238229-jswains-run-xgels.html
  11. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    My golds just shut down about 6 months ago. I was paying 17/mo and my buddy was paying 15. I miss that place, so many less douchebags.
    No wonder they shut down. They didn't have any money. Lol

12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494 View Post

No wonder they shut down. They didn't have any money. Lol

i think 24hour just came in with the big money and raped them out of business. then the little gyms like fitness19 andplanet fitness undercut everything with their $10/month deal. golds was just doomed for awhile. it was either charge cheap to compete with cheap, or compete with 24hour's nationwide membership programs for $30/month

lose-lose scenario
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  213 lbs.

Yah, I know lol. Me and my lifting partner knew something was up when they hardly ever had the heat on during the dead winter. It'd be cold as **** in there at 515 when we got there.
    Current Unsponsored XGELS log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/238229-jswains-run-xgels.html
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494 View Post
    Your Golds is $19 a month.... da ****. I was paying $44/month.

Well, it was 34.99 if you pay by credit card, 29.99 if you pay by checking account, 24.99 if you sign up someone. Last year, they wanted to expand, so you had the opportunity to pay $100 then, and lower your rate to 19$ a month for life. Being that the gym is well stabilized, there is 3 golds gyms within 15 minutes of me, and my main one is a 2 minute drive from my house, I knew it was worth the 100$ Because i dont plan on stopping working out lol.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

24 hour for me was $350 for 2 years up front. Not bad and I can workout at most locations. I wish my dad kept his plan that he had when he worked at his previous job. A year of 24 hour was $75 and then $50 for each additional family member.
    Justin
    joh408 is taking Follidrone on a ride:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252416-joh408-taking-follidrone.html
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Xsprt membership 25 a month 24/7../365 days

1scoop preworkout(20-30dollar tub)
    Then post workout shake(2 servings of wheygoldstandard) 50dollar tub
    I calculate roughly 3 dollars a workout
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by joh408 View Post
    24 hour for me was $350 for 2 years up front. Not bad and I can workout at most locations. I wish my dad kept his plan that he had when he worked at his previous job. A year of 24 hour was $75 and then $50 for each additional family member.
    costco deal?
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post
    costco deal?
    Yup! Good deal IMO. The student discount at 24 was like $30 a month with a $90 startup fee. Wasn't trying to pay that
    Justin
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/252416-joh408-taking-follidrone.html
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by joh408 View Post

Yup! Good deal IMO. The student discount at 24 was like $30 a month with a $90 startup fee. Wasn't trying to pay that
    is it a nationwide sport/active membership or just one gym? thats a badass deal and ive been thinking about going for it. but im moving closer to my college this summer and ithink the only 24hour is a downtown supersport. probly end up using the college gym
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

I've used it in California and at 4 different gyms on Colorado. You just can't use it at super sport locations, so if that is the only one around you I guess it wont work. My college gym is brutal now that they are rebuilding it, free weights on a basketball court with no grip. Supposed to be nice when they are done next spring
    Justin
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Seems like most gyms are averaging 25-35/month.

Mike
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Seems like most gyms are averaging 25-35/month.

Mike
    Costco ftw....

$11.33/month for 24 hour fitness....
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  207 lbs.

9.95 mo fitness connection.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.

My gym is free since I work there, I have a key so 24/7 365 as well haha. So 0.00$ there.

Couple scoops of ON gold standard. About .60 cents a scoop so 1.20$
    Preworkout is black coffee, so pennies. multivitamin, creatine mono, and fish oil is basically pennies, let's say .20
    And occasionally I'll do a scoop of bcaas. So I'm calculating about 1.80$ plus a quarter for the bus each way. So $2.30 a workout.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  156 lbs.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. BTW, I'm at Gold's Gym too. $10.00 per month here.
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The other day i did:
    1 scoop volatile
    2 scoops SNS cit mal
    500mg SNS agmatine
    SNS ae2 matrix

2 scoops endurance intra/post

Wanna say roughly 3.00
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  27. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Costco ftw....

$11.33/month for 24 hour fitness....

Costco? That is a food store in the tri-state area lol
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yeah. They sell gym memberships though. Like to LA, 24 HR etc. Picked up a 2 year membership to 24 hr for like $300.

More upfront but big savings
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

costco has everything dude. if you havnt been inside, youre missing out, only half of the iass warehouse is actually groceries. the rest is random crap like backyard stuff, clothes, movie passes, etc. its a fun store to walk around in. they have a big electronic section too with 60-70inch tv's
  30. New Member

I've come full circle. It seemed i kept adding supps, reading about new stuff and just kept buying . Eventually I sat back and said WTF am I doing , half these things aren't even proven and just a waste. All I use now is ON WHEY PWO with bulk creatine mono, myofusion before bed, and the occasional pre workout. MAYBE during a cut some reduce xt.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. how much money do you spend...
    By Gstyle24 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 09:18 AM
  2. How Much Salt Do You Eat Per Day?
    By SoCo4Fun in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-18-2008, 06:10 PM
  3. How much time do you spend on Anabolicminds.com
    By pistonpump in forum General Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 11:37 AM
  4. How much Cash did you spend per pound of LBM?
    By edwards in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 01:49 PM
  5. how much time do you spend in the gym
    By hamper19 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 01:30 PM