GDA confusion

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Been experimenting with GDA's (Slintensity and Na-ra-la/agmatine).
Been taking a GDA before my biggest carb meal which is post workout, but heard (from Mr. Cooper) that GDA's post workout is not necessary - it could be best used at other times - fasted, with other meals with carbs or not. So any other time but post workout with or without food? What is the most effective way to use a GDA?
And what about Pre-workout: would a GDA with GMS be effective? And what about adding to that quickly absorbed carbs like GlycoMyx or Waxymaize or Gatorade etc..?

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mr Cooper said that because insulin sensitivity is already up post workout making the gda redundant.

Don't over think things man. Take with carbs and reap the rewards :D

- Valdez

thedarce

thedarce

Awards
  • Established
if you wanted to do it pre workout i'd pop slin slane and a small carb meal over carb powders, but they should work just the same.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Mr Cooper said that because insulin sensitivity is already up post workout making the gda redundant.

Don't over think things man. Take with carbs and reap the rewards :D

- Valdez
Ok, thanks!

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My most important GDA dose of the day is pre bed.
Allows for a good GH boost and most importantly you look like a freaking Greek god in the morning!

XIXOX

XIXOX

Awards
  • Established
Me too with my meal pre bed . I sleep very well and I wake up full !

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Pre-bed. Will have to try that! Excellent feedback....thanks again.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I take my slin sane v2 when I wake, and pre.

Mike

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
I take my slin sane v2 when I wake, and pre.

Mike
Thanks for your comment Mike. When taking upon waking and pre-bed (I think that is what you meant), are you eating carbs (or anything else) or are you fasting?

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
Thanks for your comment Mike. When taking upon waking and pre-bed (I think that is what you meant), are you eating carbs (or anything else) or are you fasting?
Lots take pre-bed on an empty stomach, yields deeper sleep and a wake-up that is dry and lean...really awesome, definitely give it a shot!

I use my SSv2 before large carb meals and pre-bed, but I don't dose any post-workout. Its not detrimental, and won't hurt, but is arguably less effective and not worth the dosage.

JRob23

JRob23

Awards
  • Established
Doing so as mentioned above helps clear the blood stream of circulating glucose making for a great fat burning environment upon waking.

When you wake up, throw in 20-30min of fasted morning liss in and you'll do pretty good ;)

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Lots take pre-bed on an empty stomach, yields deeper sleep and a wake-up that is dry and lean...really awesome, definitely give it a shot!

I use my SSv2 before large carb meals and pre-bed, but I don't dose any post-workout. Its not detrimental, and won't hurt, but is arguably less effective and not worth the dosage.
Great info...thanks.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Doing so as mentioned above helps clear the blood stream of circulating glucose making for a great fat burning environment upon waking.

When you wake up, throw in 20-30min of fasted morning liss in and you'll do pretty good ;)
Great info...thanks.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Any links to the threads on ssv2 pre-bed. I have been used sparingly with larger carb meals. Also, I typically eat most my carbs post workout and don't use a gda as I believe it's redundant.Interested in this deeper sleep and enhance morning vascularity :p coupled w fat burning!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any links to the threads on ssv2 pre-bed. I have been used sparingly with larger carb meals. Also, I typically eat most my carbs post workout and don't use a gda as I believe it's redundant.Interested in this deeper sleep and enhance morning vascularity :p coupled w fat burning!
I've mostly just seen posts, not specific threads regarding it. I can't comment on its overnight leaning effect, well, because I'm not lean; I can say however that I did have a good nights sleep the two times I did it. I've also taken 2 preworkout by accident from my pill case when I thought it was Joint Help.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Tried it recently for the past week or so - awesome. Great sleep, wake up ripped and full. My has completely shifted. If I took one dose of this a day, it would be on empty stomach before bed. Second dose would be before the the biggest carb meal (non post workout). Now I am using slintensity, but have ssv2 on the way for comparison.

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
Tried it recently for the past week or so - awesome. Great sleep, wake up ripped and full. My has completely shifted. If I took one dose of this a day, it would be on empty stomach before bed. Second dose would be before the the biggest carb meal (non post workout). Now I am using slintensity, but have ssv2 on the way for comparison.
Lol....guess you check twice now....

ironwiz

ironwiz

Awards
  • Established
You guys taking GDA's before bed on an empty stomach? What about the side effects of taking a GDA and not consuming any carbs? Like light headedness .etc

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You guys taking GDA's before bed on an empty stomach? What about the side effects of taking a GDA and not consuming any carbs? Like light headedness .etc
It's not advisable. Like I previously said, I took 2 prewo by accident and suffered from no ill effects. But yes, I took one right before I went to bed to try it out and slept well.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unlike injectable slin the sides in that aspect aren't harsh and don't last long.
The GH boost over night is great for sleep.

Smitty77

Smitty77

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Because they work with your body's natural processes, the side effects are minimal if not totally non-existent. It all depends on the strength of the formula and how efficiently your pancreas produces glucagon to offset any hypoglycemia.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
I'm glad I read this thread. Had never heard about taking a GDA before bed. I'll give it a go tonight and see how it plays out for me.

Tyler44

Tyler44

Awards
Very interested in hearing your comparison. I typically dose SSv2 before biggest carb meal excluding post workout meal. Also take a dose pre-bed and enjoy the effects. If I dont take a pre bed dose, I use a dose with breakfast. Id recommend playing with dose timings and how they best work with your schedule or specific day.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
I'm suprised Anabolic Pump hasn't been mentioned. I was using AP pre training during FTP and liked it. But to be honest I get such great results with it dosing it before carbs that I won't use it otherwise. Pumps and overally recomp... AP has never failed me.

I always keep a bottle of SSv2 on hand also. I used it specifically for my massive high gi cheat meals while I'm cutting. Keeps me very dry.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
I've used ap forever and liked it but never thought of using these gdas prebed for better sleep, gh,
fat loss and waking up shredded

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
I've used ap forever and liked it but never thought of using these gdas prebed for better sleep, gh,
fat loss and waking up shredded
Ever backload carbs with AP? I've never woken up in the morning looking so dry and lean, yet so full.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Ever backload carbs with AP? I've never woken up in the morning looking so dry and lean, yet so full.
I've been meaning to ask: what does "backload carbs" mean?

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
I've been meaning to ask: what does "backload carbs" mean?
It is when you eat your daily intake of carbs towards the end of your day, including before bed. Many backloading diets recommend high GI carbs, which IMO is not essential.

I'm not a big backloader myself. I like to split my carbs up throughout the day, leaving a few hours here and there without carbs. I do LOVE to backload especially when I trained that day, and know I am lifting early the next morning.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
It is when you eat your daily intake of carbs towards the end of your day, including before bed. Many backloading diets recommend high GI carbs, which IMO is not essential.

I'm not a big backloader myself. I like to split my carbs up throughout the day, leaving a few hours here and there without carbs. I do LOVE to backload especially when I trained that day, and know I am lifting early the next morning.
Thanks. That clears it up.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Thoughts on buying slintensity to try to dose pre bed for the summer?

bakerwil

Banned
Awards
I have been doing this regime for about 2 weeks now and I really like it. Sleep is better and I wake up full and leaner looking than I normally would.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Give it a whirl. We've had a lot of people report good results with this.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established

I haven't used slintensity prebed, but I can tell you both SS and SSv.2 are awesome prebed.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Since I started taking Slin-Sane pre-bed, I have had some serious knockout sleep. Cannot notice too much difference in looking leaner.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Picked up 2 bottles! Hope it doesn't disappoint!
Really solid feedback and the pricing on it right now is insanely low. I think you'll be pleased :)

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Really solid feedback and the pricing on it right now is insanely low. I think you'll be pleased :)
My thoughts exactly and I like dsade a lot. Typically proper dosed no bs ingredients. Ill have to report back. Just wanna look ready for da pool :p

i train fasted on the weekends w bcaas during so ill be curious if the pre bed dose has effects on fat loss. Also may add in some morning activity on occasion.

caino

caino

Awards
I been using r-ala and chromium with my pwo meals, what would be one of the better
Brands for an all in one GDA?

Tyler44

Tyler44

Awards
I been using r-ala and chromium with my pwo meals, what would be one of the better
Genomyx Slin Sane v2 is and always has been one of the leading GDAs in the category. SSv2 is also more than just a gda, it also gives multiple health benefits. Its not a one trick pony as we like to say.

Jiaogulan is a really cool ingredient that we are proud to include in SSv2's formula. Listed below are its benefits when dosed consistently.

• Improve Stamina and Energy
• High ROS scavenging ability
• Neuro- and cardio-protective
• Improves insulin sensitivity
• Increase skeletal muscle glycogen
• Hepatoprotective
• Increases nitric oxide
• Fights exercise induced fatigue/improves endurance

So on top of a stellar GDA, you gain much more.

ricroc

ricroc

Awards
  • Established
Genomyx Slin Sane v2 is and always has been one of the leading GDAs in the category. SSv2 is also more than just a gda, it also gives multiple health benefits. Its not a one trick pony as we like to say.

Jiaogulan is a really cool ingredient that we are proud to include in SSv2's formula. Listed below are its benefits when dosed consistently.

• Improve Stamina and Energy
• High ROS scavenging ability
• Neuro- and cardio-protective
• Improves insulin sensitivity
• Increase skeletal muscle glycogen
• Hepatoprotective
• Increases nitric oxide
• Fights exercise induced fatigue/improves endurance

So on top of a stellar GDA, you gain much more.
Good to know! I like the increase of skeletal muscle glycogen. Also, what does the "ROS" stand for in ROS scavenging mean?

Thanks.

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
I'd look into slin sane, slintensity, anabolic pump, or recompdrol

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like Slintensity and Recompadrol, but I haven't tried everything on the market.

domore

Awards
You need not look any further than the suggestions in this thread for a complete GDA.

There are many options:

Slintensity - Offers very high extract (80%) of 4-OH Isoleucine and the usual suspects
Recompadrol
SSv2

Or, you could make your own with 300mg Na-R-Ala + 1g Agmatine + 2g ALCAR

bigla2004

Awards
  • Established
Never used anything with 4-oh isoleucine so ill be very curious to its recomp effects!

domore

Awards
Never used anything with 4-oh isoleucine so ill be very curious to its recomp effects!
If you have used any products containing fenugreek, you have used 4-OH Isoleucine, albeit in a very, very low percentage. Slintensity contains an 80% extract, so you don't have to worry about the diverse and other undesirable properties of fenugreek. It definitely is a unique extract that makes Slintensity what it is.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 10
PolishHamm3r77 Supplements 21
Supplements 16
AdelV Supplements 8
Supplements 38