Acetyl L Carnitine Powder - I'm little confused! - AnabolicMinds.com

Acetyl L Carnitine Powder - I'm little confused!

  1. New Member
    dudigrinfeld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    25

    Reputation

    Acetyl L Carnitine Powder - I'm little confused!


    It is recommended to take it on empty stomach and also In order for it to penetrate you should spike the insulin level so my confusion starts here...

    If anyone can assist in simple way


    If you take it before workout, how can you be on empty stomach, you can't train or exercise on empty tank!! Also in order to increase the insulin level you should
    consume carbs so where and when all of this happening because right now it seems contradicting.

    Please help.

  2. Elite Member
    Driven2lift's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,180
    Rep Power
    4201971

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Take the dose 30 minutes before eating your Preworkout meal then. Or have those Preworkout carbs 2-3 hours before the workout then take your dose 20-30 mins preworkout

    It requires no insulin spike for effectiveness
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!
  3. New Member
    braxbrah's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    27873

    Reputation

    I have it on an empty stomach in the morning with Alphamine, works great in a fasted state for me. Get up...chug that down and head to the gym and sip on BCAA's during cardio. Straight to work for the first meal of the day and then its lifting in the evening when ive snacked throughout the day. Definitely notice an added bit of energy using ALCAR with alphamine.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    dudigrinfeld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    25

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by braxbrah View Post
    I have it on an empty stomach in the morning with Alphamine, works great in a fasted state for me. Get up...chug that down and head to the gym and sip on BCAA's during cardio. Straight to work for the first meal of the day and then its lifting in the evening when ive snacked throughout the day. Definitely notice an added bit of energy using ALCAR with alphamine.
    Alpha mine is vegiterian usually or can be not?
  5. New Member
    dudigrinfeld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    25

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dudigrinfeld View Post

    Alpha mine is vegiterian usually or can be not?
    Also if I may ask, anyone use both creatine and l-Glutamine in their daily supplement plan or it can't be done as part of dietary plan for both. I read they depend on same carriers and therefore using both will cause negative effect. That means those who take l-Glutamine won't take creatine and vis versa? or there is a positive way to cycle between the two?
  6. New Member
    braxbrah's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    27873

    Reputation

    Vegitarian? Just take that **** on an empty stomach bro and feel the energy, it doesn't contain meat or fish so you are good.
  7. New Member
    dudigrinfeld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    25

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by braxbrah View Post
    Vegitarian? Just take that **** on an empty stomach bro and feel the energy, it doesn't contain meat or fish so you are good.
    Tanks!! I'm going to

    Would you refer to my 2nd question?
  8. New Member
    braxbrah's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    27873

    Reputation

    Glutamine and creatine are absolutely 100% fine to take together, I dont know who told you otherwise. They are both used widely across the industry and have been for YEARS. They are some of the most researched and studied supplements ever to exist. take creatine whenever you want over the day and the same with glutamine, both are cheap too.
  9. New Member
    Tee Dizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    21783

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dudigrinfeld View Post

    Also if I may ask, anyone use both creatine and l-Glutamine in their daily supplement plan or it can't be done as part of dietary plan for both. I read they depend on same carriers and therefore using both will cause negative effect. That means those who take l-Glutamine won't take creatine and vis versa? or there is a positive way to cycle between the two?
    Never heard of being unable to take both creatine and glutamine. Just take both and see how they effect you but in terms if them cancelling each other out, I don't think so.

    I'm sure there's others who could give you a better answer with regard to the science of it all.
  10. New Member
    Tee Dizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    21783

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by braxbrah View Post
    Glutamine and creatine are absolutely 100% fine to take together, I dont know who told you otherwise. They are both used widely across the industry and have been for YEARS. They are some of the most researched and studied supplements ever to exist. take creatine whenever you want over the day and the same with glutamine, both are cheap too.
    Do you find glutamine particularly beneficial?
  11. New Member
    braxbrah's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    27873

    Reputation

    Ive never really noticed it to be honest but a lot of studies out there say it works, for me ive been cutting for a long time I dont know how much its helped me recomp and help cut fat as I use a handful of other supps also. I know BCAA's sure as hell work and thanks to sipping on them its really prevented muscle breakdown for me while others have not eaten high protein with BCAA's and they just turn to skinnyfat. A lot of people swear by glutamine though.
  12. New Member
    dudigrinfeld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    25

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by braxbrah View Post
    Glutamine and creatine are absolutely 100% fine to take together, I dont know who told you otherwise. They are both used widely across the industry and have been for YEARS. They are some of the most researched and studied supplements ever to exist. take creatine whenever you want over the day and the same with glutamine, both are cheap too.
    I just got the alphamine
    Here is the link for the contradiction between l-Glutamine and Creatine
    I cant post the link since I'm new to forum but you can google and find it in "over blog" under "how to use L-Glutamine powder"
  13. New Member
    dudigrinfeld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    25

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Tee Dizzle View Post

    Do you find glutamine particularly beneficial?
    How would I know? Just started today! No nothing about it..!
  14. New Member
    Tee Dizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    21783

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dudigrinfeld View Post

    How would I know? Just started today! No nothing about it..!
    Was asking Brax.
  15. New Member
    braxbrah's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    27873

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dudigrinfeld View Post
    I just got the alphamine
    Here is the link for the contradiction between l-Glutamine and Creatine
    I cant post the link since I'm new to forum but you can google and find it in "over blog" under "how to use L-Glutamine powder"
    I read that and they dont even back up their statement with any science. Google glutamine with creatine and youll find many more comments, studies and literature that says its fine. Honestly, you are too worried about it. If I had to pick one I would pick creatine but they are both very different and both have benefits. Taking them together will cause no problems at all, ignore that one article.
  16. New Member
    dudigrinfeld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    25

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by braxbrah View Post

    I read that and they dont even back up their statement with any science. Google glutamine with creatine and youll find many more comments, studies and literature that says its fine. Honestly, you are too worried about it. If I had to pick one I would pick creatine but they are both very different and both have benefits. Taking them together will cause no problems at all, ignore that one article.
    Thanks trust it what you say, I'm not too worried I just new and has no idea so I'm making my little research and learn
    Thanks for that!
  17. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,071
    Rep Power
    4548545

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dudigrinfeld View Post
    It is recommended to take it on empty stomach and also In order for it to penetrate you should spike the insulin level so my confusion starts here...

    If anyone can assist in simple way


    If you take it before workout, how can you be on empty stomach, you can't train or exercise on empty tank!! Also in order to increase the insulin level you should
    consume carbs so where and when all of this happening because right now it seems contradicting.

    Please help.
    You can take it on an empty stomach. You don't need to spike insulin levels to have it be effective. I take 500mg in the morning on an empty stomach, 750mg preworkout (I train fasted, which is on an empty stomach, so yes you can train on an empty stomach), and 500-750mg pre meal.

    BTW, drop the glutamine.
  18. Board Sponsor
    USPlabsRep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,512
    Rep Power
    1635438

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    The OP is correct.

    You either need to increase transport like we did with OxyELite Pro Powder with the OTCN2 transport system or increase insulin.

    Carnitine and doesn't matter the form of Carnitine gets into systemic circulation (in the blood stream) just find but it has difficulty passing into muscle cells.

    You are better off taking it with your post workout meal or increases it transport by other means.
  19. New Member
    dudigrinfeld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    25

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

    You can take it on an empty stomach. You don't need to spike insulin levels to have it be effective. I take 500mg in the morning on an empty stomach, 750mg preworkout (I train fasted, which is on an empty stomach, so yes you can train on an empty stomach), and 500-750mg pre meal.

    BTW, drop the glutamine.
    Why to drop Glutamine??
  20. New Member
    drseuss6969's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    258
    Rep Power
    225130

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by USPlabsRep View Post
    The OP is correct.

    You either need to increase transport like we did with OxyELite Pro Powder with the OTCN2 transport system or increase insulin.

    Carnitine and doesn't matter the form of Carnitine gets into systemic circulation (in the blood stream) just find but it has difficulty passing into muscle cells.

    You are better off taking it with your post workout meal or increases it transport by other means.
    This is the first time i am hearing ALCAR recommended with food... if this is true then i am really confused...
  21. New Member
    flamini's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  145 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    5141

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dudigrinfeld View Post

    Why to drop Glutamine??
    Glutamine is a marketing scheme. All studies that show improved recovery were at an extremely concentrated intravenous does on cancer &/or HIV patients. people that actually needed recovery. I think it's an important amino acid but certainly not to supplement it. also your body produces glutamine
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 789
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 03:29 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 04:34 AM
  3. Acetyl-L-carnitine (ALCAR)
    By the Cardinal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2007, 01:33 PM
  4. Acetyl-L Carnitine (ALCAR)
    By Kitchen Chemist in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 12:25 PM
  5. a little confused about T1pro
    By hamper19 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-24-2002, 02:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in