Sleeping troubles. Sleep aid supplement without nightmares?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.88%

Sleeping troubles. Sleep aid supplement without nightmares?

Hi,

Since a few months, iīm having a lot of sleeping troubles.

I donīt know if itīs related but suffer from general anxiety disorder and agoraphobia with panic attacks. However, sleeping was never affected by that.

It used to be the best part of the day, when i finally could rest my mind.

Now, iīm having trouble to fall asleep and wake a lot of times during the night (sometimes only 2 or 3h after) without falling asleep again for a while. As if not enough i have very vivid dreams and the most of them nighmares.

On the next day i wake tired with the feeling i havenīt rested. Even if i wake up for myself and not with the alarm. Theres some nights i only sleep 5 hours, wake up and canīt sleep more. Other nights, i fall asleep again after a while and sleep during the morning which messes even more with my sleep cycles.

Iīm really confused because from what i know, the nightmares/vivid dreams occur during the REM sleep, but it seems i canīt get deep sleep like i should.

I donīt know if itīs important to say, but the way i fall asleep better is watching tv series and/movies on computer. I know it isnīt recommended but if i wonīt watch anything i turn and turn on the bed and nothing..

Iīd like to know your opinion and if theres any supplement i could try to improve my sleep. Iīve tried some in the past and almost of them induce me vivid dreams/nightmares and those i already have. On the beginning can be funny but not after a while. I woke up even more anxious.

So, do you know of any sleep aid supplement that could help me to have a deeper sleep and could eliminate the nightmares? I think this seems a non sense question but i really like to hear your opinion.

Thanks

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.76%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I'd talk to your doctor first off to ensure your underlying issue could be fixed without supplementation maybe. Several sleep products work. I used to take 5g of GABA before bed as it helped with anxiety and helped me rest. 2.5mg melatonin does the job also. I slept very well from HGHup.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  3. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

LiGHts Out = best sleep aid there is. Check it out:

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/i...t-56-caps.html

only 3 left...get it while stock remains at NP!
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.48%

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleM101 View Post
    Hi,

Since a few months, iīm having a lot of sleeping troubles.

I donīt know if itīs related but suffer from general anxiety disorder and agoraphobia with panic attacks. However, sleeping was never affected by that.

It used to be the best part of the day, when i finally could rest my mind.

Now, iīm having trouble to fall asleep and wake a lot of times during the night (sometimes only 2 or 3h after) without falling asleep again for a while. As if not enough i have very vivid dreams and the most of them nighmares.

On the next day i wake tired with the feeling i havenīt rested. Even if i wake up for myself and not with the alarm. Theres some nights i only sleep 5 hours, wake up and canīt sleep more. Other nights, i fall asleep again after a while and sleep during the morning which messes even more with my sleep cycles.

Iīm really confused because from what i know, the nightmares/vivid dreams occur during the REM sleep, but it seems i canīt get deep sleep like i should.

I donīt know if itīs important to say, but the way i fall asleep better is watching tv series and/movies on computer. I know it isnīt recommended but if i wonīt watch anything i turn and turn on the bed and nothing..

Iīd like to know your opinion and if theres any supplement i could try to improve my sleep. Iīve tried some in the past and almost of them induce me vivid dreams/nightmares and those i already have. On the beginning can be funny but not after a while. I woke up even more anxious.

So, do you know of any sleep aid supplement that could help me to have a deeper sleep and could eliminate the nightmares? I think this seems a non sense question but i really like to hear your opinion.

Thanks
    I don't know of any supplements to help with that but I know a few things you can try that have helped me to sleep a bit better (not 100% sure about the science behind these things but hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong).

1. Heavy lifting (strength training) in general seems to help tire me out to sleep better. (Strength training supposedly improves sleep quality in younger males).

2. Get some sunlight in the morning when you wake up and take hot showers at night before bed. (This helps your body produce more melatonin).

3. Avoid stimulants after noon time (hopefully this one is obvious)

4. Avoid watching TV, computer, phone etc. while trying to sleep. (The light from these screens can trick the brain into thinking it is day time).

Hopefully this was helpful to you.
  5. PESCIENCE.com
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.87%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

X-Dream 2...that stuff was awesome

I just take some benadryl
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.87%

ZMA is a staple of mine, wouldn't sleep without it ever now. Used to wake up tired, suffer from ****ty spells in the night where i'd wake up occasionally or fail to fall asleep. Since I got on ZMA then no such problems.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.88%

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I'd talk to your doctor first off to ensure your underlying issue could be fixed without supplementation maybe. Several sleep products work. I used to take 5g of GABA before bed as it helped with anxiety and helped me rest. 2.5mg melatonin does the job also. I slept very well from HGHup.
    I have here a rest of GABA, iīll try it tonight to see the effect. I remember i fall asleep better, but when i taken it i hadnīt all these problems.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.88%

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post

I live in Portugal and unfortunately the shipping costs from Nutraplanet to here are a lot expensive..
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.69%

Zma works like a charm for me. Take it right before bed. Its real cheap too!
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.88%

Quote Originally Posted by mtinsideout View Post
    I don't know of any supplements to help with that but I know a few things you can try that have helped me to sleep a bit better (not 100% sure about the science behind these things but hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong).

1. Heavy lifting (strength training) in general seems to help tire me out to sleep better. (Strength training supposedly improves sleep quality in younger males).

2. Get some sunlight in the morning when you wake up and take hot showers at night before bed. (This helps your body produce more melatonin).

4. Avoid watching TV, computer, phone etc. while trying to sleep. (The light from these screens can trick the brain into thinking it is day time).

Thanks for the tips..

I lift almost all days of the week and i donīt take any stimulants because my anxiety.. For the rest of the tips, iīll try them, thanks
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.88%

Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    X-Dream 2...that stuff was awesome

I just take some benadryl
    I have to take a look at that..
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.88%

Concerning to ZMA iīve tried on past and indeed it helps my sleep. The only thing iīm afraid are the nightmares. When i took it, it gave me very vivid dreams.. But now iīm having them too, so i think i wonīt loose nothing on trying it. Itīs a product to consider
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.14%

I think these should be the first tips to follow, especially the second one.

Once you have tried these different tips, you can look into a sleep aid product like Sleephoria (which we will be releasing in the near future), Lights Out, Poseidon NT, etc.
    EvoMuse
  14. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'1"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.14%

As a dedicated sleep supplement I like Poseidon Night time. Ergobolic sleep is some of the best I have ever had, though, for sure.
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.48%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ajerone View Post
    As a dedicated sleep supplement I like Poseidon Night time.
    2 caps lights out + 2 scoops poseidon nt = my favorite sleep combo
    iForce Nutrition Online Representative Manager
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  146 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.62%

Doxylamine (restivat) will work guaranteed but can be addictive. Get it over the counter

ZMA + melatonin is always good

The old endosurge is amazing for sleep (good balance of mucuna helps sleep)
  17. purebred

I can vouch for this comment PRETTY amazing product.
  18. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.66%

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleM101 View Post
    Thanks for the tips..

I lift almost all days of the week and i donīt take any stimulants because my anxiety.. For the rest of the tips, iīll try them, thanks
    Don't mean to state the obvious, but have you tried improving your sleep hygiene and giving it at least a week or so to take effect. Your mind will be stimlated from the movies and light the TV produces. Go to bed the same time every night, at least an hour before use no electronic equipment and ensure your room is dark. Why don't you try reading some fiction before bed to relax instead of a movie. It make not work immediately, but surely your body will re-accustom itself to its natural sleep cycle after a certain period of time if given the chance.
  19. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.14%

Quote Originally Posted by Ajerone View Post
    As a dedicated sleep supplement I like Poseidon Night time. Ergobolic sleep is some of the best I have ever had, though, for sure.
    What's your favorite flavor for Poseidon NT?
    EvoMuse
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.48%

I've never actually found a sleep supp that works, but some of these I haven't seen before. ZMA, melatonin, valerian and tryptophan have never done a damn thing for me but I also didn't look that deep into it at the time. I'll have to revisit some the newer supps out there for the nights when I trouble sleeping and don't have any booze to put me down.
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I'd recommend REM8.0 and some therapy to help with the underlying issues. Good luck man!
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75%

are you using trenbolone?
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.89%

I hear Cognitive Behavior Therapy is a good supplement. Consider discussing your anxiety disorder with a good clinical psychologist.
  24. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.92%

Phenibut!! Works great for anxiety/stress-relief during the day and helps you sleep better at night. I highly recommend it.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.89%

Phenibut has some (understatement) potential for addiction and abuse. ESPECIALLY for an individual who suffers with generalized anxiety disorder and agoraphobia with panic attacks...
  26. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10%

I tried GABA and it gives me really, really weird and disturbing dreams. So much so, that I stopped taking it. I've tried ZMA and that didn't seem to work that well for me either. Melatonin does the trick for me. I don't take it every night, but when I do, it starts making me sleepy after about 20-30 minutes.

I don't know if you are taking anything phamaceutical for your anxiety, but seeing a doctor might not be a bad idea if you haven't already.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.29%

Quote Originally Posted by dsbhaver View Post
    Doxylamine (restivat) will work guaranteed but can be addictive. Get it over the counter

ZMA + melatonin is always good

The old endosurge is amazing for sleep (good balance of mucuna helps sleep)
    Restivat??? Where is this found as an OTC drug? I've never heard of it,

Usually sufferers of anxiety and adhd have a high tolerance to melatonin and zma due to malabsorption. But, herbs like skullcap and valerian root's toxicity isn't compromised in the gut during digestion so these tend to be more effective.
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.5%

another vote for lights out. awesome sleep, and crazy awesome dreams
    *185th U.S. Air Force*
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  146 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.62%

Quote Originally Posted by WPChickDiesel View Post
    Restivat??? Where is this found as an OTC drug? I've never heard of it,

Usually sufferers of anxiety and adhd have a high tolerance to melatonin and zma due to malabsorption. But, herbs like skullcap and valerian root's toxicity isn't compromised in the gut during digestion so these tend to be more effective.
    I'm in Australia so maybe you can't get it overseas? Just go into your chemist and ask for restivat. Half a pill will guarantee give you 10-12 hours of sleep and kick your sleeping patterns into check

Skullcap is really good! Valerian is ineffective in males
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.85%

REM 8.0 works great for me! I love it.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.6%

All this is 100% right... I have same, if not worse sleeping problem than op... TV used to help me also... Sleeping tabs & supps work short term, but don't fix the issue... Over the counter tabs are antihistamines & almost completely lose their effectiveness very quickly... The main thing that helped me is tiring myself out completely by the end of the day... Eg, wake at 4am & I will 95% of the time be able to pass out by 9-10pm...
  32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.6%

I'm in Australia so maybe you can't get it overseas? Just go into your chemist and ask for restivat. Half a pill will guarantee give you 10-12 hours of sleep and kick your sleeping patterns into check

Skullcap is really good! Valerian is ineffective in males
    Restavit loses its effectiveness within days with anxiety sufferer's... I know from experience... Valerian Root can help in combination with melatonin...
  33. purebred

...Valerian is ineffective in males
    what.
  34. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.18%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

I have tried a lot of sleep aids over the years and I would say about 90% of them give me nightmares. I dont normally dream when I sleep but when I do its always a bad ride lol. On that note since I started taking G8 I havent had a single lucid dream or night terror yet. I normally only take half the recommend dose wich is 1/2 a scoop and sleep like a rock all night. It doesnt knock me out but it does relax me quite a bit and helps me stay asleep all night wich is very useful since I also have sleep apnea. Also since half a scoop is most peoples sweet spot you get 2x the product

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  35. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.69%

Quote Originally Posted by baldwanus View Post
    2 caps lights out + 2 scoops poseidon nt = my favorite sleep combo
    This, IMHO, seems like it couldn't be beat by anything else - I'd love it if iForce came out with a formula similar to Poseidon NT. It's been hard to source recently.
    iFORCE NUTRITION REPRESENTATIVE

iTRAIN. iCOMPETE. iDOMINATE.
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.41%

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWade View Post
    This, IMHO, seems like it couldn't be beat by anything else - I'd love it if iForce came out with a formula similar to Poseidon NT. It's been hard to source recently.
    I liked it when I used it.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  37. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.35%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Lights Out + 1 intimidate knocks me out really good. I am actually looking forward to pct when I can use intimidate again! Valarian Root is a very cheap addition I like to add in when I need it as well!

Mike
  38. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  146 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.62%

Quote Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    what.
    Sorry not just in males

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/15022653/
  39. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.94%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Besides seeking counseling from a licensed therapist for the nightmares, and if your doctor will not provide you a script for Ambien, then I highly recommend FinaFlex G8 sleep aid supplement to stay asleep and diphenhydramine to fall asleep. I started taking both recently ever since my insomnia flared up again and sleep like a focking champ whenever I do so!
    Independent Review
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.29%

...! Valerian is ineffective in males
    Never heard if Valerian being ineffective in males....might wanna double check that. Are you speaking from your own experience oerhaps?
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best/Recommended Sleep Aid Supplement
    By Shredzz in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-11-2014, 03:56 PM
  2. sleep aid supplements
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-27-2008, 08:22 AM
  3. Do Bodybuilders have trouble sleeping because of a large neck?
    By John Smeton in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 02:43 AM
  4. Trouble Sleeping with Reduce XT
    By reidhoch in forum Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 06:11 PM
  5. nolva/zma and trouble sleeping
    By pcazar in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 05:04 PM