Has anyone used Glucophage (metformin) and creatine too ?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Advanced Member
    Killler's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    810
    Rep Power
    285286
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    30.31%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Has anyone used Glucophage (metformin) and creatine too ?


    Has anyone used Glucophage (metformin) ?

    I was prescribed Glucophage for my insulin resistance.

    It`s suppose to help lose weight by inhibiting glucose uptake in the small intestine,and also help lose abdominal fat by increasining insulin sensitivity of cells,and thus lowering after-meal insulin levels.

    So far I`ve been using it for a month and half,and it did help me lose weight but not the abdominal fat.


    Anyway,I wanted to know if anyone is using it and creatine together.

    I can`t really go without creatine,altough I do cycle it 3 months on 1 month off.


    They are both suppose to be very very rarely potentially hazardous to kidneys.


    I wonder if I should stop Glucophage before getting back on creatine?


    Is anyone using both of these?

  2. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,545
    Rep Power
    1168653
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    78.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    For what reasons are you insulin resistant?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  3. Advanced Member
    Killler's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    810
    Rep Power
    285286
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    30.31%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    For what reasons are you insulin resistant?
    I don`t really know.


    I have low testosterone (280-400).

    I suspect I have the Metabolic Syndrome too.



    Symptoms and features are:
    Fasting hyperglycemia — diabetes mellitus type 2 or impaired fasting glucose, impaired glucose tolerance, or insulin resistance
    High blood pressure
    Central obesity (also known as visceral, male-pattern or apple-shaped adiposity), overweight with fat deposits mainly around the waist
    Decreased HDL cholesterol
    Elevated triglycerides

    Associated diseases and signs are: hyperuricemia, fatty liver (especially in concurrent obesity) progressing to NAFLD, polycystic ovarian syndrome (in women), and acanthosis nigricans.



    I have the highlighted above.

    I can keep the triglycerides and blood pressure at normal limits with a strict diet,but HDL is always horrible.


    Doc said to do bloods fro Hashimoto`s disease,but I haven`t yet.


    I think I read Hashimoto can be the cause of Metabolic S.
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Not a fan of metformin, but if you NEED it, then go for it. Don't try to do anything fancy with creatine, just take it. Unless you are shooting insulin, I wouldn't bother timing the two.

    Mike
  5. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,545
    Rep Power
    1168653
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    78.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    How old are you and what is your diet like?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  6. Senior Member
    Jstrong20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,385
    Rep Power
    215267
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    58.43%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I like metformin and keep it around for cheat meals. I have heard that it can lower testosterone but not sure how true it is.
  7. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    6777729
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Killler View Post
    I don`t really know.


    I have low testosterone (280-400).

    I suspect I have the Metabolic Syndrome too.



    Symptoms and features are:
    Fasting hyperglycemia — diabetes mellitus type 2 or impaired fasting glucose, impaired glucose tolerance, or insulin resistance
    High blood pressure
    Central obesity (also known as visceral, male-pattern or apple-shaped adiposity), overweight with fat deposits mainly around the waist
    Decreased HDL cholesterol
    Elevated triglycerides

    Associated diseases and signs are: hyperuricemia, fatty liver (especially in concurrent obesity) progressing to NAFLD, polycystic ovarian syndrome (in women), and acanthosis nigricans.



    I have the highlighted above.

    I can keep the triglycerides and blood pressure at normal limits with a strict diet,but HDL is always horrible.


    Doc said to do bloods fro Hashimoto`s disease,but I haven`t yet.


    I think I read Hashimoto can be the cause of Metabolic S.
    Metformin and creatine are fine together.

    Have you looked into an HMG-CoA Reductase Inhibit and/or Niacin for your HDL?
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  8. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jstrong20 View Post
    I like metformin and keep it around for cheat meals. I have heard that it can lower testosterone but not sure how true it is.
    I've heard it lowers IGF-1 levels, that is why it is a huge no no, when on large doses of growth hormone. People wanted to substitute insulin which is required when on large doses of gh, with metformin, but the igf reduction couteracts the point of gh.

    Mike
  9. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,545
    Rep Power
    1168653
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    78.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post

    I've heard it lowers IGF-1 levels, that is why it is a huge no no, when on large doses of growth hormone. People wanted to substitute insulin which is required when on large doses of gh, with metformin, but the igf reduction couteracts the point of gh.

    Mike
    I've heard there are studies showing post meal walks are just as effective as taking metformin. I'll have to see if I can find.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  10. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,065
    Rep Power
    2762302
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    35.48%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

    Have you looked into an HMG-CoA Reductase Inhibit and/or Niacin for your HDL?
    I hate you...

    But aside from that, wouldn't the inhibitor reduce total cholesterol thus making is already too low hdl even lower?





    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  11. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    I've heard there are studies showing post meal walks are just as effective as taking metformin. I'll have to see if I can find.
    try to get the fat diabetics who are lazy, to try that ahha
  12. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,545
    Rep Power
    1168653
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    78.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post

    try to get the fat diabetics who are lazy, to try that ahha
    Put a donut on a string and we might be able to; )
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  13. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,667
    Rep Power
    6777729
    Level
    99
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    I hate you...

    But aside from that, wouldn't the inhibitor reduce total cholesterol thus making is already too low hdl even lower?





    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Tapatalk 2
    It should actually raise HDL secondary to other effects (in the case of statins), but even if HDL was lowered, the relative amount of LDL reduction would be much greater
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  14. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    It should actually raise HDL secondary to other effects (in the case of statins), but even if HDL was lowered, the relative amount of LDL reduction would be much greater
    Zocor for me always boosts hdl some.. but really drops ldl better
  15. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,065
    Rep Power
    2762302
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    35.48%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    It should actually raise HDL secondary to other effects (in the case of statins),
    "Other effects" - http://people.csail.mit.edu/seneff/w...ally_work.html

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    but even if HDL was lowered, the relative amount of LDL reduction would be much greater
    Too bad its the wrong LDL its lowering PMC2929871



    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  16. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,065
    Rep Power
    2762302
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    35.48%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Overall if you want to raise HDL why not try just simply eating more fat? Need I remind you that eggs are delicious?

    http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/70/6/992.full

    Olive oil seems to have a positive effect on HDL - PMID:10357731

    Now as for an metformin alternative, I would look into berberine. There are some very promising studies and supporting anecdotal feedback for its effectiveness. I think there is a thread on it here somewhere.



    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S(TM)II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  17. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    1475609
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Not a big fan of the HMG-CoA Reductase drugs personally (and professionally I guess....)

    I'd definitely be more focused on the Metabolic syndrome than any other aspect right now as it can lead to major problems.

    How long have you had these problems?

    For the original question, creatine is fine to take with it. Though if you actually have a doctor monitoring (renal function) like he should I'd let him know.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  18. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,545
    Rep Power
    1168653
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    78.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    Not a big fan of the HMG-CoA Reductase drugs personally (and professionally I guess....)

    I'd definitely be more focused on the Metabolic syndrome than any other aspect right now as it can lead to major problems.

    How long have you had these problems?

    For the original question, creatine is fine to take with it. Though if you actually have a doctor monitoring (renal function) like he should I'd let him know.
    Am I seeing a ghost? Grambo is that you?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  19. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    1475609
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Am I seeing a ghost? Grambo is that you?
    Hey give me a break I am around! Mainly in Purus threads, section and contests.
    I just did one actually so there!

    Have spread the love over about 7-10 forums, twitter and facebook so haven't been getting as much normal posting as much as normal.

    And there's that pesky doctorate school too
    Almost done with didactic portion though so hopefully more forum time.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  20. Elite Member
    Montego1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    8,642
    Rep Power
    7507772
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    89.56%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    Hey give me a break I am around! Mainly in Purus threads, section and contests.
    I just did one actually so there!

    Have spread the love over about 7-10 forums, twitter and facebook so haven't been getting as much normal posting as much as normal.

    And there's that pesky doctorate school too
    Almost done with didactic portion though so hopefully more forum time.
    Sounds like you are over worked and need another rep
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR


    ​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  21. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,545
    Rep Power
    1168653
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    78.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post

    Hey give me a break I am around! Mainly in Purus threads, section and contests.
    I just did one actually so there!

    Have spread the love over about 7-10 forums, twitter and facebook so haven't been getting as much normal posting as much as normal.

    And there's that pesky doctorate school too
    Almost done with didactic portion though so hopefully more forum time.
    Looks like your maintaining a good pysique while in doctorate school nice work. Pretty shredded
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  22. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    1475609
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Sounds like you are over worked and need another rep
    I like the subtlety ha
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  23. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    1475609
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Looks like your maintaining a good pysique while in doctorate school nice work. Pretty shredded
    Thanks man, hit a slow cut this year and made some good progress. Still a little ways to the goal but about to get after it again soon.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  24. Advanced Member
    Killler's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    810
    Rep Power
    285286
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    30.31%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Metformin and creatine are fine together.

    Have you looked into an HMG-CoA Reductase Inhibit and/or Niacin for your HDL?
    I`ve looked into niacin,and I have some high dose niacin too.

    But I understand a specific form of niacin is only effective.



    Are you sure about the metformin and creatine being ok?

    Wouldn`t wanna lose my renal function lol.

    My creatine and glutamine arrived just the other day.

    If I do decide to not quit metformin before starting these two,I`m gonna cut the metformin down to 250 mg a a day.

    But still,I`m worried.

    And when my creatine arrived,I couldn`t believe it.
    Of all the boxes of creatine that say absolutely nothing,this one said:
    "Consult a physician if you have impaired kidney function or are taking any prescription medications that affect kidney function."



    I was prescribed 1000 mg metformin but I`m only using 500 mg,and I keep losing weight.I lost almost 20 lbs despite eating a hamburger for dinner and having frequent ice cream cheat meals.Although doc said to avoid sweets,pork or eggs from now on.

    I haven`t lost just abdominal fat as she suggested,so I`m ****ed there.I`m losing it overall.
  25. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    1475609
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Killler View Post
    I`ve looked into niacin,and I have some high dose niacin too.

    But I understand a specific form of niacin is only effective.



    Are you sure about the metformin and creatine being ok?

    Wouldn`t wanna lose my renal function lol.

    My creatine and glutamine arrived just the other day.

    If I do decide to not quit metformin before starting these two,I`m gonna cut the metformin down to 250 mg a a day.

    But still,I`m worried.

    And when my creatine arrived,I couldn`t believe it.
    Of all the boxes of creatine that say absolutely nothing,this one said:
    "Consult a physician if you have impaired kidney function or are taking any prescription medications that affect kidney function."



    I was prescribed 1000 mg metformin but I`m only using 500 mg,and I keep losing weight.I lost almost 20 lbs despite eating a hamburger for dinner and having frequent ice cream cheat meals.Although doc said to avoid sweets,pork or eggs from now on.

    I haven`t lost just abdominal fat as she suggested,so I`m ****ed there.I`m losing it overall.
    Is your doctor aware you're aren't taking the dose she wants, or are you nitrating up?
    I really wouldn't cut it down or anything and definitely clean up diet. Overall health is the most important thing over being big, in my personal opinion.
    Why did she suhpggest avoiding eggs? Cholesterol? Ha
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  26. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    1475609
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Patients messing around with dosing without consultation is a pet peeve for health care professionals.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  27. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    Patients messing around with dosing without consultation is a pet peeve for health care professionals.
    Yes, but sometimes it requires individual research to assist a physcian in determining correct dosage. Typically though, you don't alter your dose without speaking to them.

    Mike
  28. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    1475609
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Yes, but sometimes it requires individual research to assist a physcian in determining correct dosage. Typically though, you don't alter your dose without speaking to them.

    Mike
    I agree that people should be active in their healthcare not passive and believing doctors without question. I specifically meant doing it and changing dosing on your own not saying anything. Especially with drugs you want to dose correctly and monitor.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  29. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,065
    Rep Power
    2762302
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    35.48%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    Patients messing around with dosing without consultation is a pet peeve for health care professionals.
    Not looking up to them as gods and blindly following their recommendations and questioning them is also a pet peeve amongst health care professionals.. they get over it
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  30. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    1475609
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Not looking up to them as gods and blindly following their recommendations and questioning them is also a pet peeve amongst health care professionals.. they get over it
    Not exactly what I was implying haha

    It's not in your best interest considering pharmaceutical treatment, especially in a disease state to play fast and loose with dosing or therapy without their knowledge. Not saying you have to do everything they say without question.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  31. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,545
    Rep Power
    1168653
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    78.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Type two diabetea is almost completely reversible.... why not try to either completely rid yourself of pharmaceuticals or work your way down to the lowest dose possible? I don't know your situation or what form u have just thinking outloud
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  32. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    I agree that people should be active in their healthcare not passive and believing doctors without question. I specifically meant doing it and changing dosing on your own not saying anything. Especially with drugs you want to dose correctly and monitor.
    Metformin's renal toxicity is what has me cautious. Plus I sh*t myself silly, I strictly use it for cheap/refeed meals in contest prep.

    Mike
  33. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Type two diabetea is almost completely reversible.... why not try to either completely rid yourself of pharmaceuticals or work your way down to the lowest dose possible? I don't know your situation or what form u have just thinking outloud
    Reversable? I think you mean treatable?

    Mike
  34. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    1475609
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Metformin's renal toxicity is what has me cautious. Plus I sh*t myself silly, I strictly use it for cheap/refeed meals in contest prep.

    Mike
    Oh yeah bloating/gas/GI is its major adverse effect. Its a high percentage. It has some renal toxicity which is why I mentioned he'd better have a doctor who is watching those labs (Scr).

    Those are the top limiting factors and need to be watched/reported. Always know what you're putting in your body.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  35. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    1475609
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Reversable? I think you mean treatable?

    Mike
    It's somewhat reversible in certain stages/situations. Particularly the "self-imposed" DM 2 that comes from obesity. By that I mean I've seen people not need their meds and fasting glucose controlled by changing diet and losing weight.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  36. Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,900
    Rep Power
    1475609
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    66.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    Exercise is huge for insulin sensitivity as well obviously.
    Some are just genetically pre-disposed though.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  37. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,545
    Rep Power
    1168653
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    78.21%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post

    It's somewhat reversible in certain stages/situations. Particularly the "self-imposed" DM 2 that comes from obesity. By that I mean I've seen people not need their meds and fasting glucose controlled by changing diet and losing weight.
    Yes reversible. Grambo said it better than I. Not in all cases...I'm sure.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  38. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,824
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    Oh yeah bloating/gas/GI is its major adverse effect. Its a high percentage. It has some renal toxicity which is why I mentioned he'd better have a doctor who is watching those labs (Scr).

    Those are the top limiting factors and need to be watched/reported. Always know what you're putting in your body.
    I shiat myself silly on metformin lmao
  39. Advanced Member
    Killler's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    810
    Rep Power
    285286
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    30.31%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    Not a big fan of the HMG-CoA Reductase drugs personally (and professionally I guess....)

    I'd definitely be more focused on the Metabolic syndrome than any other aspect right now as it can lead to major problems.

    How long have you had these problems?

    For the original question, creatine is fine to take with it. Though if you actually have a doctor monitoring (renal function) like he should I'd let him know.
    If I really do have the metabolic,I guess I`ve had it all my life.
  40. Advanced Member
    Killler's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    810
    Rep Power
    285286
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    30.31%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    Is your doctor aware you're aren't taking the dose she wants, or are you nitrating up?
    I really wouldn't cut it down or anything and definitely clean up diet. Overall health is the most important thing over being big, in my personal opinion.
    Why did she suhpggest avoiding eggs? Cholesterol? Ha
    I always like to take the lowest effective dose.

    I`m not in touch with this doc really but I can call her on the phone if needed.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Anyone who has both used The One and D-plex
    By EasyEJL in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 01:08 AM
  2. Has anyone used Phyto-Testosterone and...
    By PhoenixGamer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 03:58 PM
  3. has anyone used PG-H
    By mr g in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 10-01-2005, 06:33 AM
  4. has anyone used clen with a ph cycle?
    By phenom9950 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 10:32 AM
  5. Has anyone used Instynct's T3?
    By michaelton in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 09:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in