Has anyone used Glucophage (metformin) and creatine too ?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Type two diabetea is almost completely reversible.... why not try to either completely rid yourself of pharmaceuticals or work your way down to the lowest dose possible? I don't know your situation or what form u have just thinking outloud
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    I agree that people should be active in their healthcare not passive and believing doctors without question. I specifically meant doing it and changing dosing on your own not saying anything. Especially with drugs you want to dose correctly and monitor.
    Metformin's renal toxicity is what has me cautious. Plus I sh*t myself silly, I strictly use it for cheap/refeed meals in contest prep.

Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Type two diabetea is almost completely reversible.... why not try to either completely rid yourself of pharmaceuticals or work your way down to the lowest dose possible? I don't know your situation or what form u have just thinking outloud
    Reversable? I think you mean treatable?

Mike

4. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Metformin's renal toxicity is what has me cautious. Plus I sh*t myself silly, I strictly use it for cheap/refeed meals in contest prep.

Mike
    Oh yeah bloating/gas/GI is its major adverse effect. Its a high percentage. It has some renal toxicity which is why I mentioned he'd better have a doctor who is watching those labs (Scr).

Those are the top limiting factors and need to be watched/reported. Always know what you're putting in your body.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net

5. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Reversable? I think you mean treatable?

Mike
    It's somewhat reversible in certain stages/situations. Particularly the "self-imposed" DM 2 that comes from obesity. By that I mean I've seen people not need their meds and fasting glucose controlled by changing diet and losing weight.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
    •   

6. Exercise is huge for insulin sensitivity as well obviously.
    Some are just genetically pre-disposed though.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net

7. Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post

It's somewhat reversible in certain stages/situations. Particularly the "self-imposed" DM 2 that comes from obesity. By that I mean I've seen people not need their meds and fasting glucose controlled by changing diet and losing weight.
    Yes reversible. Grambo said it better than I. Not in all cases...I'm sure.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    Oh yeah bloating/gas/GI is its major adverse effect. Its a high percentage. It has some renal toxicity which is why I mentioned he'd better have a doctor who is watching those labs (Scr).

Those are the top limiting factors and need to be watched/reported. Always know what you're putting in your body.
    I shiat myself silly on metformin lmao

9. Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    Not a big fan of the HMG-CoA Reductase drugs personally (and professionally I guess....)

I'd definitely be more focused on the Metabolic syndrome than any other aspect right now as it can lead to major problems.

How long have you had these problems?

For the original question, creatine is fine to take with it. Though if you actually have a doctor monitoring (renal function) like he should I'd let him know.
    If I really do have the metabolic,I guess I`ve had it all my life.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Grambo View Post
    Is your doctor aware you're aren't taking the dose she wants, or are you nitrating up?
    I really wouldn't cut it down or anything and definitely clean up diet. Overall health is the most important thing over being big, in my personal opinion.
    Why did she suhpggest avoiding eggs? Cholesterol? Ha
    I always like to take the lowest effective dose.

I`m not in touch with this doc really but I can call her on the phone if needed.

11. So what`s the verdict on this guys?

Definitely OK together?

I`ll be lowering the metformin to 250 mg per day.

I want to start my creatine,I`m in in need of some strength gain.

And I`ve trimmed down nicely with Glucophage,wouldn`t want to quit it now,summer is approaching..

12. Unless you know you have some renal impairment I wouldn't worry much about the combination no. Like I said they should be periodically checking Scr though as metformin does have some renal toxicity.

Just wondering, do you know what your fasting glucose levels come in when you test them?

Also what dose are you on right now if I've missed that?
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anyone who has both used The One and D-plex
    By EasyEJL in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-12-2010, 01:08 AM
  2. Has anyone used Phyto-Testosterone and...
    By PhoenixGamer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2009, 03:58 PM
  3. has anyone used PG-H
    By mr g in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 10-01-2005, 06:33 AM
  4. has anyone used clen with a ph cycle?
    By phenom9950 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 10:32 AM
  5. Has anyone used Instynct's T3?
    By michaelton in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 09:09 PM