NMDA cause of depression? - AnabolicMinds.com

NMDA cause of depression?

1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

NMDA cause of depression?

Is it possible for nmda to cause depression, brain fog, reduce memory and overall mental quickness? Daa has Never done such to me.
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html

2. New Member

Reputation Reputation

few of my friends cant handle the DAA due to depressions and anxitey from DAA supplementation
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Never heard if this before. Normally people experience the opposite effects.

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I've been using DAA for the last 2 months and been feeling great. Never heard of it being associated with depression and anxiety.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    I've been using DAA for the last 2 months and been feeling great. Never heard of it being associated with depression and anxiety.
    Not daa- nmda

DAA is great for me, just was trying something new
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Never heard if this before. Normally people experience the opposite effects.
    this
    *185th U.S. Air Force*
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Guys not talking about standard DAA. talking about

N methyl daa
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Guys not talking about standard DAA. talking about

N methyl daa
    EDIT- Nvm, still looking.

According to this ,http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17430148, the cause of depression is linked to an interruption of glutamate homeostasis and neurotransmission. Obviously NMDA is a glutamate neuroreceptor. (taken from the abstract) . Give it a read.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Can't say I have ever heard of this with daa or nmda.

Mike
  10. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by EatMoar View Post
    EDIT- Nvm, still looking.

According to this ,http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17430148, the cause of depression is linked to an interruption of glutamate homeostasis and neurotransmission. Obviously NMDA is a glutamate neuroreceptor. (taken from the abstract) . Give it a read.
    This is referring to major depressive disorder, a chronic (possibly lifelong) condition associated with low levels of brain monoamines. Ched is talking about a transient disruption in mood (dysthymia)
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Is it possible for nmda to cause depression, brain fog, reduce memory and overall mental quickness? Daa has Never done such to me.
    Anything is possible.

This would be the first I've heard about it.

Taking a guess I'd wager pre existing conditions might've been aggravated or activated triggering those reactions.

Everyone's brain chemistry is different to an extent so it's hard to say definitively
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

From what I've read , NMDA at to high a dose can become neurotoxic which my be a reason for your sides. Either your dose is too high or you just don't respond well to it.

From what I've read it doesn't seem much more beneficial then regular DAA other then the effective dosage amount is smaller . I don't see the point of chancing something that can be neurotoxic and cause mental sides such as this when the benefit is not more then something that works just the same in the end. Maybe I'm wrong and ive read wrong though iono. I'd like to hear why if I am though
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post

This is referring to major depressive disorder, a chronic (possibly lifelong) condition associated with low levels of brain monoamines. Ched is talking about a transient disruption in mood (dysthymia)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post

Anything is possible.

This would be the first I've heard about it.

Taking a guess I'd wager pre existing conditions might've been aggravated or activated triggering those reactions.

Everyone's brain chemistry is different to an extent so it's hard to say definitively
    PRE existing conditions def r a factor (been OFF Prozac for 4 years now) guess I didn't respond well.. Lesson learned and tryin to get back to feeling good! No worries, prob an isolated incident n know to stick to reg DAA from now on! Curiosity killed the cat!
  14. Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg313 View Post
    From what I've read , NMDA at to high a dose can become neurotoxic which my be a reason for your sides. Either your dose is too high or you just don't respond well to it.

From what I've read it doesn't seem much more beneficial then regular DAA other then the effective dosage amount is smaller . I don't see the point of chancing something that can be neurotoxic and cause mental sides such as this when the benefit is not more then something that works just the same in the end. Maybe I'm wrong and ive read wrong though iono. I'd like to hear why if I am though
    Neurotoxicity probably would not manifest as depression, if anything at all
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  15. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    ah well thanks for clearing that up.

Similar Forum Threads

1. The causes of heartburn
    By jjohn in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2006, 02:13 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2006, 12:37 AM
  3. M1T@ Night cause of Lethargy?
    By rocckky in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2005, 06:36 PM