Phenibut Withdrawal

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
Well I don't know any other way to put... The phenibut caught up with me. The past couple months I've dosed ~500mg a couple times a week to wind down and get a restful nights sleep but during finals week I got a little carried away. I didn't "wash out" like the bottle recommends and I'm kind of regretting it now. The last 3 nights I've gotten 2, maybe 3 hours of sleep total even though my body is completely exhausted. It's honestly the weirdest feeling, I know I'm tired, I know I need to sleep, but I constantly feel like I've just downed an entire pot of coffee. Some of the other effects I had during the first couple days were tingling palms and feet along with terrible anxiety throughout the day.

I've done some reading up on the whole withdrawal process and some people make it sound a lot more dramatic than its been so far. I'm on my 3rd day now cold turkey and i've read that because of the long half-life the symptoms last 5-7 days.

Just wondering if anyone here has gone through this before or has some advice to ease the symptoms? I'm not trying to substitute one drug for another. Maybe something natural or good ways to wind down at night? I know there's a ton of knowledgeable people on this forum. I'm just looking for any insight, advice, or motivation to get through the rest of it!! Thanks guys.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
ive had this. i just toughed it out. it only lasted a few nights and i was fine. maybe take some unisom or something to help sleep. using it consecutive days is when you start to have problems, but i was using up to 9 grams per dose for that "relaxing high" feeling when i got stressed. clearly, it took a good bit of abuse to get my tolerance that high.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some of the phenibut withdrawal threads are quite scary. Especially when some companies use it in sleep formulations that have instructions to use it daily.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Hang in there, tough it out, and leave the stuff alone for sometime. Next time use once or twice a week... if at all.

Additional exercise will help.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
You really gotta be careful with Phenibut. The initial effects are great, but overuse will make you miserable. I just tossed a bottle in fact. Not worth it IMO, although some have great results with it.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I got a buddy to try it and he swore it felt just like GHB. Needless to say he was hooked on it for OVER A YEAR straight. Every day use, at least once a day. When he was ready to come off, he just tapered down and was fine. I think he had a few days of insomnia... but I mean... thats gotta rewire some neural pathways or something long term, so thats really not that bad. Its all about the taper. if your on 500mg/day. Drop to 400mg for a few days, then 300, 200, 100, off.

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
Thanks for the replies guys. Day 6 completely off of it and I'm really hoping the worst of it is behind me. I tapered 4 days before I stopped taking it and I think that eased into the withdrawal period. I Still haven't got more than 2-3 hours a sleep in a night though and feel like in in a complete brain fog. It's my fault though - I still feel like phenibut can be used safely and effectively IF your responsible. That's kind of where I went wrong and I'm certainly paying for it.

pump3d

Awards
These looked like they had some ideas. Remove the spaces, I can't post links yet.

I read up on that stuff and it scared me into taking it only once a month. I used a large dose once (I don't remember how much) and I was pretty much not functional the next day.

Hope this helps

http ://ww w.longecity. org/forum/topic/57771-phenibut-cold-turkey-or-tapering/

htt p://ww w.drugs-forum.co m/forum/showthread.php?t=119000

http ://ww w.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/622466-Phenibut-withdrawal-help-advice

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well I don't know any other way to put... The phenibut caught up with me. The past couple months I've dosed ~500mg a couple times a week to wind down and get a restful nights sleep but during finals week I got a little carried away. I didn't "wash out" like the bottle recommends and I'm kind of regretting it now. The last 3 nights I've gotten 2, maybe 3 hours of sleep total even though my body is completely exhausted. It's honestly the weirdest feeling, I know I'm tired, I know I need to sleep, but I constantly feel like I've just downed an entire pot of coffee. Some of the other effects I had during the first couple days were tingling palms and feet along with terrible anxiety throughout the day.

I've done some reading up on the whole withdrawal process and some people make it sound a lot more dramatic than its been so far. I'm on my 3rd day now cold turkey and i've read that because of the long half-life the symptoms last 5-7 days.

Just wondering if anyone here has gone through this before or has some advice to ease the symptoms? I'm not trying to substitute one drug for another. Maybe something natural or good ways to wind down at night? I know there's a ton of knowledgeable people on this forum. I'm just looking for any insight, advice, or motivation to get through the rest of it!! Thanks guys.
Baclofen.

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
I appreciate the help guys. I've heard of baclofen really easing the withdrawal symptoms but its a little late for that now. Day 7 clean today and I'm showing improvements but still feeling pretty down. Still no sleep at night but my daytime symptoms like anxiety and depression have improved. Just hoping I can catch at least a couple hours of sleep tonight!

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate the help guys. I've heard of baclofen really easing the withdrawal symptoms but its a little late for that now. Day 7 clean today and I'm showing improvements but still feeling pretty down. Still no sleep at night but my daytime symptoms like anxiety and depression have improved. Just hoping I can catch at least a couple hours of sleep tonight!
This is why I always recommend dosing it no more than twice per week on non-consecutive days.

Try a low dose of melatonin to help with the insomnia.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
This is why I always recommend dosing it no more than twice per week on non-consecutive days.

Try a low dose of melatonin to help with the insomnia.
This.

Sorry OP. I went through a similar situation when I first used phenibut too.

It passes, and if you ever do use it again. I highly suggest what antihero suggests.

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
Yeah I don't plan on ever using it again but, if I do, twice a week max. I got 9 hour of sleep last night and am feeling 80-90% of the way recovered. My feet and fingers are still a little tingly but I'm still showing improvements. This is the 8th day now. Don't make the same mistake as me and get irresponsible with this stuff.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I don't plan on ever using it again but, if I do, twice a week max. I got 9 hour of sleep last night and am feeling 80-90% of the way recovered. My feet and fingers are still a little tingly but I'm still showing improvements. This is the 8th day now. Don't make the same mistake as me and get irresponsible with this stuff.
Live and learn...and look back and laugh at it.

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
Live and learn...and look back and laugh at it.
Yeah for sure man. Along with support from the fam and friends that kind of mentality was what got me through it. I'm still recovering slowly but surely.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
I think the most I've used it was for 3 days. Definitely not something that you want to take consecutively, especially at high doses. Lights Out is something you can take everyday which will help with sleep. It won't necessarily knock you out like Phenibut may, but it'll get the job done.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah man just stick through it. if you need, take a benadry or nyquil to get you to sleep. benadryl + ZMA is the most amazing sleep ever.

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
Yep thanks again guys I've learned my lesson for sure. I've never messed with any other substance so I don't have anything to compare but that was one pretty fcked up week. 9 days later and I'm finally feeling like myself again. Back to killin it at the gym!!

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Yep thanks again guys I've learned my lesson for sure. I've never messed with any other substance so I don't have anything to compare but that was one pretty fcked up week. 9 days later and I'm finally feeling like myself again. Back to killin it at the gym!!
Glad to hear that you're feeling better. Just remember there's usually a very good reason we give the dosing recommendations that we do.

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
Yep thanks antihero. I still thinks it's a very effective product. Is there anyone currently having success using it a couple times week? I'd like to have it handy for a couple speeches I have coming up but I don't want to destroy my sleep patterns again.

MustangManGT

MustangManGT

Awards
Phenibut is no joke. While I slept 12 hours straight and could barely wake up in the morning I would said this is very effective for someone with insomnia, but not something to be overused.

pump3d

Awards
Since you have already had difficulty with it, I would either not use it at all or limit your self to once a week absolutely no matter what.

That being said, I would try to find other ways to reduce anxiety for speeches that don't include supplementation.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
Yep thanks antihero. I still thinks it's a very effective product. Is there anyone currently having success using it a couple times week? I'd like to have it handy for a couple speeches I have coming up but I don't want to destroy my sleep patterns again.
I use it exactly like I recommend it (most of the time), however there are often weeks when I don't take it all. Doing it this way has not caused me any issues. It's best used "as needed"

And if your using it to reduce anxiety for speeches, use FocusXT before the speech as well. The combination can work wonders.

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
I use it exactly like I recommend it (most of the time), however there are often weeks when I don't take it all. Doing it this way has not caused me any issues. It's best used "as needed"

And if your using it to reduce anxiety for speeches, use FocusXT before the speech as well. The combination can work wonders.
I've used it at 2-3g/day for a month before, tapered down and been fine. I don't suggest this. Phenibut basically acts on the brain like a low dose benzo (xanax, valium, etc.) which is why the withdrawal is so horrible, and why it can increase the effects of alcohol and even cause memory loss (dont drink and take 10g. bad idea, not that youll remember it). best to take antihero's advice and use only as directed and even better, only as needed not only as wanted :)

Jank7

Awards
I take a couple of grams of bcaa and l-glutamine a couple of times a day for withdrawal and seems to help a bit. I´m surpriced. Everyones different though. It is said bcaa somehow blocks serotonin and l-glutamine has gabaenergic action or something. Im not a scientist. But you may have a try. I also keep myself a little hungry and caffeine in moderation. I think it lifts mood at least.

bigead

bigead

Awards
I have never had much of an issue using it for once or twice a week and never going over 3g, also keeping 2 days and preferably 3 between use during that week. For rebound anxiety tianeptine can be effective for a few days.

Nyrin

Awards
I've been doing 1.2-1.6g doses on 2-3 non-consecutive days per week for awhile now and haven't had any problems yet; the doses still keep me asleep (less 'feel sleepy' and more 'sleep really deeply once asleep') without increasing and the 'off' nights are still OK (though, of course, comparatively more restless versus supplemented nights).

I have to imagine that most of the nightmare stories you hear about phenibut come from people progressively increasing daily dosages and then trying to go cold turkey. If you keep the dose down and infrequent, it seems to work pretty nicely. Though I'm sure there are always some more sensitive than others!

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
So, I've come to the conclusion that Primaforce's phenibut is more effective and potent than SNS. Could this possibly be due to the fact I hadn't used in a couple months? I thought tolerance didn't go down that fast but I am finding 2g of Primaforce's to be way too much for me. I could just be imagining things, but this hangover effect is telling me otherwise...

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
So, I've come to the conclusion that Primaforce's phenibut is more effective and potent than SNS. Could this possibly be due to the fact I hadn't used in a couple months? I thought tolerance didn't go down that fast but I am finding 2g of Primaforce's to be way too much for me. I could just be imagining things, but this hangover effect is telling me otherwise...
I thought the same thing so I doubt it's just placebo!

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
I thought the same thing so I doubt it's just placebo!
Yeah either Primaforce's is way stronger, or tolerance disappears quicker than everyone says.

I could see withdrawal being a huge factor if using Primaforce as often as I used SNS, I used it every day for weeks and never had withdrawal symptoms. I guess now I know why!