Cancer recovery cycle HELP - AnabolicMinds.com

Cancer recovery cycle HELP

1. New Member

Let me start by saying this is my go to site to get great information to help me out and that is why I chose to post here. This is my first ever post. I'm more of a reader but now I think it's time to see if there is anyone that can help me. I'm 24 yrs old nearly 25 and was diagnosed 8 months ago with acute myeloid leukemia and luck would have it my DNA was flawed you could say so only treatment for me was to get a stem cell transplant or bone marrow transplant. So, it's a year recovery. I'm still not there yet but before this happened I was an avid lifter for nearly a decade now. I had perfected it so well people would ask if I took steroids. At 5'8 175 I loved hearing that. Anyways. Business. I was wondering what would be the best cycle for me to take. Maybe something along the lines of primaforces havoc. Years ago gym members blew up and seemed to be ok (healthy). So any directions as to gain back the 30lbs that was stripped from me. Any advice is appreciated. Criticize if necessary thank you ill try and post before pic up so you can see where I was.

2. New Member

Anyone?
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Wrong section bud. Check out the anabics section. Good luck with your recovery.
    Independent
    •   

4. New Member

I know I mentioned an anabolic in my statement but if possible I'd like to stay away from them till my body is recovered fully. Is there no OTC supps good for mass besides a high calorie protein?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dsm guru View Post
    Let me start by saying this is my go to site to get great information to help me out and that is why I chose to post here. This is my first ever post. I'm more of a reader but now I think it's time to see if there is anyone that can help me. I'm 24 yrs old nearly 25 and was diagnosed 8 months ago with acute myeloid leukemia and luck would have it my DNA was flawed you could say so only treatment for me was to get a stem cell transplant or bone marrow transplant. So, it's a year recovery. I'm still not there yet but before this happened I was an avid lifter for nearly a decade now. I had perfected it so well people would ask if I took steroids. At 5'8 175 I loved hearing that. Anyways. Business. I was wondering what would be the best cycle for me to take. Maybe something along the lines of primaforces havoc. Years ago gym members blew up and seemed to be ok (healthy). So any directions as to gain back the 30lbs that was stripped from me. Any advice is appreciated. Criticize if necessary thank you ill try and post before pic up so you can see where I was.
    Hey man,

I am a bit confused with your situation...so are you in remission or are you currently getting treatment? I guess in any case, I would recommend not taking anything, and discuss this with your doctor. You never know man, you could be getting well, and perhaps something you take for re-composition could cause a problem. Your life is not worth it. You're young and you got time to get beef again once u get better. Also, messing with supplement can cause hormone changes...and perhaps they make cause you issues in your recovery.

I'd recommend a solid diet...period....and some training..starting slow and working your way up and reading your body's response, and consulting your doctor that you're doing this.

I'd recommend the following:

1) A diet consisting or boatloads of veggies and some fruits, and lean/clean forms of protein, and complex carbs, low sugar. Get your fats from fish oil, avocados, etc....stay away from beef fat.
    2) Fish Oil, Green tea extract, plain whey isolate, multivitamin...period
    3) Incorporate a half scoop of whey for each meal, 6 smaller meals per day.

Lift heavy and feel better about yourself, but I'd stay away from anything affecting hormones. If you want to get pumped up for the gym, I'd use coffee....

I'd say keep yourself as natural as possible and just stay disciplined.

I also want to say that I am not a doctor and my recommendation are just advice and I am not liable for the use of my statements if they are in fact used.

Thanks & Good Luck Man,
    -MrBEEF
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by MrBEEF View Post

Hey man,

I am a bit confused with your situation...so are you in remission or are you currently getting treatment? I guess in any case, I would recommend not taking anything, and discuss this with your doctor. You never know man, you could be getting well, and perhaps something you take for re-composition could cause a problem. Your life is not worth it. You're young and you got time to get beef again once u get better. Also, messing with supplement can cause hormone changes...and perhaps they make cause you issues in your recovery.

I'd recommend a solid diet...period....and some training..starting slow and working your way up and reading your body's response, and consulting your doctor that you're doing this.

I'd recommend the following:

1) A diet consisting or boatloads of veggies and some fruits, and lean/clean forms of protein, and complex carbs, low sugar. Get your fats from fish oil, avocados, etc....stay away from beef fat.
    2) Fish Oil, Green tea extract, plain whey isolate, multivitamin...period
    3) Incorporate a half scoop of whey for each meal, 6 smaller meals per day.

Lift heavy and feel better about yourself, but I'd stay away from anything affecting hormones. If you want to get pumped up for the gym, I'd use coffee....

I'd say keep yourself as natural as possible and just stay disciplined.

I also want to say that I am not a doctor and my recommendation are just advice and I am not liable for the use of my statements if they are in fact used.

Thanks & Good Luck Man,
    -MrBEEF
    ^^^ solid advice, sorry op but I was a bit confused at your original post as well.
    Independent
  7. New Member

Actually I'm glad you said everything you did because you are right and I do agree. I have a solid diet and see my Doctor on the regular. I've just been seeing OTC products to gain mass which IMO didnt exist. So I figured I would ask. And no remission for me I actually had my bone marrow wiped out so a donor's blood could start producing in my body. It's long and complicated lol but Im considered "cured". Thank god. But chemo brain got me and I'm 10 months in rather than 8. I just know its gonna be a long road ahead because I am a hard gainer and after losing mass you see where it was and man my shoulders disappeared. Haha and trust me my health comes first now. Just wanted to see what wisdom I could come across for "hard gainers" with possibly new supps. But again thanks my beef
  8. New Member

Yeah sorry bean5er, I confuse myself sometimes. Chemo killed my few brain cells I had left
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

No worries at all bud. Just remember, as you stated, your health comes first. Also when you feel depressed about how much you lost, remind yourself that you are healthy now and still have a chance to lift. It may take you a bit to get back there, but remember this is a lifestyle and you can do whatever you want just believe it. Eat clean and eat a ton. Learn as much as you can about these OTC supps, then talk with your doc. About them.

Again congrats on beating your disease bud. Stay on here and get involved. There are tons of great people on here that are more than willing to help you. Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.
    Independent
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  197 lbs.

Actually I'm glad you said everything you did because you are right and I do agree. I have a solid diet and see my Doctor on the regular. I've just been seeing OTC products to gain mass which IMO didnt exist. So I figured I would ask. And no remission for me I actually had my bone marrow wiped out so a donor's blood could start producing in my body. It's long and complicated lol but Im considered "cured". Thank god. But chemo brain got me and I'm 10 months in rather than 8. I just know its gonna be a long road ahead because I am a hard gainer and after losing mass you see where it was and man my shoulders disappeared. Haha and trust me my health comes first now. Just wanted to see what wisdom I could come across for "hard gainers" with possibly new supps. But again thanks my beef
    Great to hear you're doing well man....that is seriously awesome.

Honestly, I don't know if I'd ever go the hormone route for yourself....but you can do it man...without it....imagine how awesome you'd feel if you did do it?

Besides keeping a tip-top diet, also try to consume ~200g of protein/day....for some this is difficult...BUT DO IT EVERYDAY, AND EVENLY DISTRIBUTE THE PROTEIN THROUGHOUT THE DAY...this is why you take 6 half-scoops/day...if you're prone to catabolism, this WILL HELP SOOO MUCH.

Also... for motivation...STAY ON THE FORUM....get on the workout, sub-forum and engage everday, and watch motivation videos.....keep a gigantic bag of chicken breaks cooked in the fridge. Focus on a mass-type lifting strategy (low-reps, short rest time, and HEAVY). Keep up the calcium...get in good, natural forms...milk & yogurt.

I know hearing a bunch of stuff you don't want to hear on the forums sort of puts kinda not pumped...I am sure you wanted us to tell you use this and that, but it's not in your best interests man...but you CAN DO THIS....KICK SOME ASS and get in the gym...just get in there...go right now....

Drink some coffee...grab some whey, and get in the gym buddy....log your results...when u see the change you will get even more pumped...

- Take a pic of yourself once every 2 weeks in the mirror...same lighting, same day of the week...after a good poo...same exact conditions every time....you should see a noticable difference in that amount of time...

You may also want to consult your doctor on using creatine...this will probably not affect your hormone(so far as I know, and could be wrong..ASK the doctor), and could help accelerate your progress...but may also give you same bloating look...

While you read my reply you should also be sipping whey and putting your shoes on for the gym

-MrBEEF
  11. New Member

Sometimes I forget what I've been thru and yes my health does come first especially now so I do appreciate both of you guys. Getting back in the gym actually helps a lot it's just mind bending lifting what your significant other dies. BUT yes I know I'm starting over and mr beef you read my mind I actually have 10 bags of chicken (awesome sale) and I do prepare them ahead of time. Once my appetite gets back up it will be back to 6 meals a day and yes, been drinking my whey. I'm seeing my doctor in a few weeks and ill ask about the creatine. I guess better safe then sorry. That was on my list of supps to order next. Quick question. No beef? I was on a strict diet for about 5 months before I got sick where I ate atleast 1lb of ground beef a day. I thought that's why I was making such good gains. Did I overlook a health issue with that?
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  197 lbs.

Sometimes I forget what I've been thru and yes my health does come first especially now so I do appreciate both of you guys. Getting back in the gym actually helps a lot it's just mind bending lifting what your significant other dies. BUT yes I know I'm starting over and mr beef you read my mind I actually have 10 bags of chicken (awesome sale) and I do prepare them ahead of time. Once my appetite gets back up it will be back to 6 meals a day and yes, been drinking my whey. I'm seeing my doctor in a few weeks and ill ask about the creatine. I guess better safe then sorry. That was on my list of supps to order next. Quick question. No beef? I was on a strict diet for about 5 months before I got sick where I ate atleast 1lb of ground beef a day. I thought that's why I was making such good gains. Did I overlook a health issue with that?
    Ground beef is high in fat...and bad fats. There is a lot of debate about going organic and/or vegan...but in my opinion...and there could be some statistics on it...I am willing to bet there is a statistical significance for cancer survivors who went vegan vs. maintained their standard diet. I am not vegan, nor could I ever bee one...but rest assure that if I did get cancer or a serious disease, I'd switch, or just eat organic eggs and fish. That's just not me...

Just stay away from bad food and shove a s#!t ton of veggies down your mouth...look up the 'dirty dozen' which is a list of veggies which should be bought organic due to their pesticide absorption.

I am personally a supplement freak...and of that an antioxidant freak...here are some I'd also recommend taking for overall health and prevention of cancer:

- Grade Seed Extract
    - Cordyceps
    - Green Tea Extract
    - Tumeric

I take those 3x daily....

You're good to go man...you got the right attitude....just hit those weight and sip that whey all day,
    -MrBEEF

Similar Forum Threads

1. new guy! cycle help requested
    By wyatt in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-25-2003, 08:24 AM
  2. T-1 Pro cycle help
    By metacat in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 10:07 AM
  3. Hardcore T-1 Pro Cycle HELP!
    By dantheman in forum Anabolics