BA powder vs pill question.

  1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    BA powder vs pill question.


    Ok so I've started regular supplementation with beta alanine, ordered both powdered (Betancourt) and capsules (SNS) because sometimes pills are more convenient with my job and long hours on the road driving. With just 2 g of powder in a shake I notice the tingles about 15 minutes or so after, the caps on the other hand which is a 3 pill 2250 mg dose, I feel nothing at any point and I take them on an empty stomach. Today I tried a 4 cap dose and still nothing. Is there a difference in effectiveness I should be aware of or is this just due to slower absorption from capsules?
    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Orbit Nutrition Representative; Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off at Orbit
    AnabolicMinds helper-outer-dude


  2. I take SNS BA capsules 6/day split into 2 doses and I always get the tingles about 30 minutes later. Definitely a faster absorption from powder but you should still feel something from the SNS pills in terms of parasthesia.
    TWITTER.COM/DJBEANPOLE
    YOUTUBE.COM/DJBEANPOLEREVIEWS
    DJBEANPOLE.COM
  3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    That's what I assumed but I'm not getting anything from any dose of it... Love SNS and doubt it has anything to do with product purity but I'm just confused as to why I'm not getting the same results from the caps even when at almost double the dose as the powder, I haven't built a tolerance to the tingles yet as the powder still causes them easily.
    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Orbit Nutrition Representative; Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off at Orbit
    AnabolicMinds helper-outer-dude
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    That's what I assumed but I'm not getting anything from any dose of it... Love SNS and doubt it has anything to do with product purity but I'm just confused as to why I'm not getting the same results from the caps even when at almost double the dose as the powder, I haven't built a tolerance to the tingles yet as the powder still causes them easily.
    I get the parathesia so bad its annoying.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    I actually rather enjoy it, probably just a mental thing for me of knowing it is working/ having some effect. Puts me in a good mood
    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Orbit Nutrition Representative; Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off at Orbit
    AnabolicMinds helper-outer-dude

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    I actually rather enjoy it, probably just a mental thing for me of knowing it is working/ having some effect. Puts me in a good mood
    I've always hated it. So much so that I actually take one capsule six times daily with carbs to try and stop it from happening.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by antihero View Post

    I've always hated it. So much so that I actually take one capsule six times daily with carbs to try and stop it from happening.
    Wow I wish it hit me that easily, and from the SNS avi I assume you're taking the same caps that don't seem to be effecting me. Strange. I think I will have to just work out a way to get a second dose in at work with powder.
    Athletix Representative; Use the code Driven for 10% off at athletixsports.com
    Orbit Nutrition Representative; Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off at Orbit
    AnabolicMinds helper-outer-dude

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post

    Wow I wish it hit me that easily, and from the SNS avi I assume you're taking the same caps that don't seem to be effecting me. Strange. I think I will have to just work out a way to get a second dose in at work with powder.
    Ive used BA in many products from quite a few companies, and I've gotten this effect from every brand I've used. SNS has an excellent price per serving and the effects are the same.

    Keep in mind that not getting paresthesia has nothing to do with its effectiveness. I would trade you in a heartbeat to not deal with it.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com

  9. Really shouldn't make any difference at all.

  10. I can't imagine how it would be making a difference, no. But it doesn't mean the BA is ineffective; as stated above you don't NEED to feel it for it to be working.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Water Pill Question: Xpel Vs. SciFit Water Loss
    By Harry Seaward in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 01:05 AM
  2. Powders VS Pills
    By AwfullyAmazin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 09:41 AM
  3. Clomid vs. Nolva question.
    By Sticks in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2004, 09:43 PM
  4. Extract the PH powder from pills
    By badbart in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 10:04 PM
  5. Creatine Powder vs. Chewable Creatine
    By Conceptions in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-24-2003, 11:54 PM
Log in
Log in