Putting Together a Non-Stim Weight Loss Stack..

  1. New Member
    SeniorXJ's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    3919
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    53.96%

    Putting Together a Non-Stim Weight Loss Stack..


    Between summer coming just around the corner & my 7yr old Son winning his first Jiu Jitsu competition today, its time to get back that "big/muscular guy" image & reputation i once had. This time tho i wanna concentrate more on weight loss, mainly gettin rid of the gut i grew, & not just lifting to get bigger.

    The plan is to attack from all angles, 1st ive already dropped 10lbs from dieting alone, 2nd i do have stim supps, but i wish i could take em every day but cant cause i have a cronic insomnia sleep disorder, so some days i cant take my "get up & go" stack, (OxyElite Pro/Alfha T-2), cause it will inhibit my sleep. Basicaly i can only take a single dose in the am & only on days where i know ill be up for say 15hrs give or take.

    Now to the point & stack:

    CLA: 2grams 3x a day before meals.
    ALCAR: 3grams a day with or without meals.
    Raspberry Ketones: 500mgs 3x a day before meals.
    Green Tea: 500mgs 3x a day with meals
    Green Coffee Bean Extract: 350mgs 3x a day

    My stats: 6.0' 260lbs, 36yrs old, been in the game since i turned 20 & one thing that sucks with age is that the muscle mass goes away quicker if u dont use it, i gain weight easier, etc. SO, if anyone has anything to add, take away, or advise on, well then thats what the intent of this thread is for!!
    Thanks!!

  2. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,028
    Rep Power
    1873504
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    58.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Drop CLA, add in some reduce XT to help modulate any cortisol that's going on and will hit that visceral fatty tissue.

    Forskolin by SS is 95% pure so I small dose of 25mg 2-3 times daily is ideal to ramp up thyroid, raises cAMP which is part of lipolysis, adds in boosting test and retention of lbm while dieting.

    Aav2 1.5hrs post meal to help shuttle any excess fat away and aid in some extra health and bonus fat burning with the alpha y when taken fasted
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  3. New Member
    SeniorXJ's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    3919
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    53.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Drop CLA, add in some reduce XT to help modulate any cortisol that's going on and will hit that visceral fatty tissue.

    Forskolin by SS is 95% pure so I small dose of 25mg 2-3 times daily is ideal to ramp up thyroid, raises cAMP which is part of lipolysis, adds in boosting test and retention of lbm while dieting.

    Aav2 1.5hrs post meal to help shuttle any excess fat away and aid in some extra health and bonus fat burning with the alpha y when taken fasted
    Good call on cortisol (doesnt erase reduce cortisol too), & does any of that give u energy in ANY way that would inhibit my sleep if i take a serving with din din with only a few hrs till i plan to retire for the day?? Remember thats the point of the whole thread is to take some supps with meals like CLA that will aid in body comp & weight loss & wont keep me up at night!

    As for the T, ill be taking a low dose of T-eneth & Eq within the next month or so, oh & why drop the CLA?
    •   
       

  4. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,028
    Rep Power
    1873504
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    58.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Google CLA problems

    You need a dose that is too high and offsets other fatty acids quickly in a nutshell.
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  5. New Member
    SeniorXJ's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    3919
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    53.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Google CLA problems

    You need a dose that is too high and offsets other fatty acids quickly in a nutshell.
    Ok so i did this & found that there is just as much evidence that CLA (while its no magic pill), can aid in weight loss as there is information on why u shouldnt supplement with CLA. BUT the only real argument that im reading was that not all CLA is pure & some off brands contain stuff like tonalin & soy based fats which can be easily solved by purchasing from a well established supp company with a great rep!
  6. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,028
    Rep Power
    1873504
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    58.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    The research seems to point to most of the positive effects coming from the cis-9, trans-11 isomer, while the benefits of the trans-10, cis-12 isomer are limited. The few negative effects that were experienced in human studies were possibly attributable to the trans-10, cis-12 isomer. The negative effects of this isomer*include inflammation, an increase in insulin resistance, and an increase in oxidative stress. (7) This isomer of conjugated linoleic acid has, however, been found to have lipogenesis inhibiting effects (prevents storage of calories as fat) which the cis-9, trans-11 isomer does not possess. (8, 7)

    As far as the real-world effectiveness of CLA supplements for improving body composition, the studies done on humans seem to be split as to whether or not CLA can actually make a significant difference.
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  7. Advanced Member
    propho's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    993
    Rep Power
    8144
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    77.6%

    As for me.. it resulted in endless diarrhea.. I could literally smell it coming out..
  8. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,028
    Rep Power
    1873504
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    58.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by propho View Post
    As for me.. it resulted in endless diarrhea.. I could literally smell it coming out..
    Same.
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  9. Senior Member
    Jstrong20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    1,379
    Rep Power
    214495
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    51.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Cortisol control was already mentioned. I would also take something for estrogen. Key is keeping it low but not destroying it completely.
  10. New Member
    SeniorXJ's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    3919
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    53.96%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jstrong20 View Post
    Cortisol control was already mentioned. I would also take something for estrogen. Key is keeping it low but not destroying it completely.
    I may use some Nov when i start the t-E/Eq but im going to run low doses so im not so sure it will be neccessary. Until then ill continue my diet (without CLA) as im already down 12lbs just from changing up what i eat, how much i eat & when.
  11. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,028
    Rep Power
    1873504
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    58.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Look at 1 cap erase per day with 3 caps reduce XT.
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  12. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    767475
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    53.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Cortisol is def a solid option. Can also look into thyroidals, something like TT33 to increase your metabolic rate can do wonders in a non-stim way.

    Mike
  13. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Rep Power
    2428708
    Level
    76
    Lv. Percent
    42.63%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Green Coffee Bean Extract, Raspberry Ketones , Cortisol Control (7-OH) like Reduce-XT, nice recomping agent like 95% Forskolin, Thyrocaps for T2 and TTA (in the form of TTA-500 from SNS)...that should be the best stim free (well really LOW stim) stack out there.

    GCBE and TTA 500 some 30 mins pre-high carb meals. Raspberry Ketones pre high-fat meals...hm...Thyroidals split in 2 doses throughout the day and Forskolin I would say AM and PM...and the creme de la creme, Reduce-XT , 4 caps spread throughout the day.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  14. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,927
    Rep Power
    2534643
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    93.07%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Re: Putting Together a Non-Stim Weight Loss Stack..


    Quote Originally Posted by SeniorXJ View Post
    why drop the CLA?
    CLA and its implications on health

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  15. New Member
    he_hate_me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    39
    Rep Power
    5978
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    19.71%

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Green Coffee Bean Extract, Raspberry Ketones , Cortisol Control (7-OH) like Reduce-XT, nice recomping agent like 95% Forskolin, Thyrocaps for T2 and TTA (in the form of TTA-500 from SNS)...that should be the best stim free (well really LOW stim) stack out there.

    GCBE and TTA 500 some 30 mins pre-high carb meals. Raspberry Ketones pre high-fat meals...hm...Thyroidals split in 2 doses throughout the day and Forskolin I would say AM and PM...and the creme de la creme, Reduce-XT , 4 caps spread throughout the day.
    What's the rationale behind using Raspberry Ketones before high-fat meals?
  16. New Member
    kyleez038's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    21
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    5.83%

    I know i'm new on here but just to throw my two cents in... I'm currently taking erase pro and Lean Xtreme right now and have been for about three weeks and i've noticed myself leaning out. LeanXtreme is basically a cortisol blocker while erase pro lowers estrogen.
  17. Professional Member
    warbird01's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  224 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,490
    Rep Power
    612739
    Level
    49
    Lv. Percent
    54.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza View Post
    Green Coffee Bean Extract, Raspberry Ketones , Cortisol Control (7-OH) like Reduce-XT, nice recomping agent like 95% Forskolin, Thyrocaps for T2 and TTA (in the form of TTA-500 from SNS)...that should be the best stim free (well really LOW stim) stack out there.

    GCBE and TTA 500 some 30 mins pre-high carb meals. Raspberry Ketones pre high-fat meals...hm...Thyroidals split in 2 doses throughout the day and Forskolin I would say AM and PM...and the creme de la creme, Reduce-XT , 4 caps spread throughout the day.
    This.

    Except I would dose Reduce XT at 3 caps. I guess you could do 4, but pretty sure that would make most peoples joints pretty dry, at least it does for me.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-GELS THE Prohormone alternative!
    anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/246394-arachidonic-acid-help.html
  18. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,993
    Rep Power
    4209600
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    34.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Erase Pro, Versa 1, Anabeta Elite, Compound 20 are all great for a cut. but really, its diet dependent. ive use those products on a bulk and loved it. even more on a cut.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  19. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,536
    Rep Power
    6137602
    Level
    96
    Lv. Percent
    76.45%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Notably missing from everyone's fat burner list seems to be SS forskolin. Human data trumps most of these other ingredients!


    If you read the full text of the first study I posted, the loss of actual fat mass was 900% greater in forskolin-treated men relative to controls. The rate of weight loss in a 12-week period is a hair below the clinically observed weight loss that ECA during a 12-week period would elicit.






    Body composition and hormonal adaptations associated with forskolin consumption in overweight and obese men.

    Godard MP, Johnson BA, Richmond SR.
    Source

    University of Kansas, Department of Health, Sport and Exercise Sciences, Applied Physiology Laboratory, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA. mgodard@ku.edu

    Abstract

    OBJECTIVE:

    This study examined the effect of forskolin on body composition, testosterone, metabolic rate, and blood pressure in overweight and obese (BMI > or = 26 kg/m(2)) men.
    RESEARCH METHODS AND PROCEDURE:

    Thirty subjects (forskolin, n = 15; placebo, n = 15) were studied in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study for 12 weeks.
    RESULTS:

    Forskolin was shown to elicit favorable changes in body composition by significantly decreasing body fat percentage (BF%) and fat mass (FM) as determined by DXA compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). Additionally, forskolin administration resulted in a change in bone mass for the 12-week trial compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). There was a trend toward a significant increase for lean body mass in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p = 0.097). Serum free testosterone levels were significantly increased in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). The actual change in serum total testosterone concentration was not significantly different among groups, but it increased 16.77 +/- 33.77% in the forskolin group compared with a decrease of 1.08 +/- 18.35% in the placebo group.

    DISCUSSION:

    Oral ingestion of forskolin (250 mg of 10% forskolin extract twice a day) for a 12-week period was shown to favorably alter body composition while concurrently increasing bone mass and serum free testosterone levels in overweight and obese men. The results indicate that forskolin is a possible therapeutic agent for the management and treatment of obesity.








    Effects of coleus forskohlii supplementation on body composition and hematological profiles in mildly overweight women.

    Henderson S, Magu B, Rasmussen C, Lancaster S, Kerksick C, Smith P, Melton C, Cowan P, Greenwood M, Earnest C, Almada A, Milnor P, Magrans T,Bowden R, Ounpraseuth S, Thomas A, Kreider RB.
    Source

    Exercise & Sport Nutrition Laboratory, Baylor University, Waco, TX.

    Abstract

    PURPOSE:

    This study investigated the effects of Coleus Forskohlii (CF) on body composition, and determined the safety and efficacy of supplementation.
    METHODS:

    In a double blind and randomized manner, 23 females supplemented their diet with ForsLeantrade mark (250 mg of 10% CF extract, (n = 7) or a placebo [P] (n = 12) two times per day for 12-wks. Body composition (DEXA), body weight, and psychometric instruments were obtained at 0, 4, 8 & 12 weeks of supplementation. Fasting blood samples and dietary records (4-d) were obtained at 0 and 12-wks. Side effects were recorded on a weekly basis. Data were analyzed by repeated measures ANOVA and are presented as mean changes from baseline for the CF and placebo groups, respectively.
    RESULTS:

    No significant differences were observed in caloric or macronutrient intake. CF tended to mitigate gains in body mass (-0.7 +/- 1.8, 1.0 +/- 2.5 kg, p = 0.10) and scanned mass (-0.2 +/- 1.3, 1.7 +/- 2.9 kg, p = 0.08) with no significant differences in fat mass (-0.2 +/- 0.7, 1.1 +/- 2.3 kg, p = 0.16), fat free mass (-0.1 +/- 1.3, 0.6 +/- 1.2 kg, p = 0.21), or body fat (-0.2 +/- 1.0, 0.4 +/- 1.4%, p = 0.40). Subjects in the CF group tended to report less fatigue (p = 0.07), hunger (p = 0.02), and fullness (p = 0.04). No clinically significant interactions were seen in metabolic markers, blood lipids, muscle and liver enzymes, electrolytes, red cells, white cells, hormones (insulin, TSH, T3, and T4), heart rate, blood pressure, or weekly reports of side effects.
    CONCLUSION:

    Results suggest that CF does not appear to promote weight loss but may help mitigate weight gain in overweight females with apparently no clinically significant side effects.








    Clinical efficacy of Coleus forskohlii (Willd.) Briq. (Makandi) in hypertension of geriatric population.

    Jagtap M, Chandola HM, Ravishankar B.
    Source

    Lecturer, Department of Kayachikitsa, College of Ayurveda, Nigdi, Pune, Maharashtra, India.

    Abstract

    Hypertension is the most common psychosomatic disorder affecting 972 million people worldwide. The present clinical study deals with the effect of Makandi (Coleus forskohlii (Willd.) Briq.) Ghana vati and tablets of its powder in hypertension found in the geriatric age group (50-80 years). A total of 49 hypertensive patients fulfilling the diagnostic criteria were registered in two groups-Group I (Ghana vati) and Group II (Churna tablet). Out of 27 enrolled patients of group I, 21 patients completed the treatment. In Group II, out of 22 registered patients, a total of 20 patients completed the treatment. The effect of the therapy was assessed on the basis of changes in the systolic and diastolic blood pressures, in both sitting and supine positions; with Manasa Bhava Pariksha, Manasa Vibhrama Pariksha, symptomatology, geriatric signs and symptoms, and a brief psychiatric rating scale. Analysis of the results showed that the treatment in both the groups had been found to be good. It can be stated that Makandi, either in Ghana vati form or in churna tablet form, is an effective remedy for the treatment of hypertension. On analyzing the overall effect, 76.19% patients in Group I and 75.00% patients in Group II were mildly improved. Comparatively the overall treatment with group I was found to be better.



    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  20. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,028
    Rep Power
    1873504
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    58.38%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Notably missing from everyone's fat burner list seems to be SS forskolin. Human data trumps most of these other ingredients!

    If you read the full text of the first study I posted, the loss of actual fat mass was 900% greater in forskolin-treated men relative to controls. The rate of weight loss in a 12-week period is a hair below the clinically observed weight loss that ECA during a 12-week period would elicit.

    Body composition and hormonal adaptations associated with forskolin consumption in overweight and obese men.

    Godard MP, Johnson BA, Richmond SR.
    Source

    University of Kansas, Department of Health, Sport and Exercise Sciences, Applied Physiology Laboratory, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA. mgodard@ku.edu

    Abstract

    OBJECTIVE:

    This study examined the effect of forskolin on body composition, testosterone, metabolic rate, and blood pressure in overweight and obese (BMI > or = 26 kg/m(2)) men.
    RESEARCH METHODS AND PROCEDURE:

    Thirty subjects (forskolin, n = 15; placebo, n = 15) were studied in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study for 12 weeks.
    RESULTS:

    Forskolin was shown to elicit favorable changes in body composition by significantly decreasing body fat percentage (BF%) and fat mass (FM) as determined by DXA compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). Additionally, forskolin administration resulted in a change in bone mass for the 12-week trial compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). There was a trend toward a significant increase for lean body mass in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p = 0.097). Serum free testosterone levels were significantly increased in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). The actual change in serum total testosterone concentration was not significantly different among groups, but it increased 16.77 +/- 33.77% in the forskolin group compared with a decrease of 1.08 +/- 18.35% in the placebo group.

    DISCUSSION:

    Oral ingestion of forskolin (250 mg of 10% forskolin extract twice a day) for a 12-week period was shown to favorably alter body composition while concurrently increasing bone mass and serum free testosterone levels in overweight and obese men. The results indicate that forskolin is a possible therapeutic agent for the management and treatment of obesity.

    Effects of coleus forskohlii supplementation on body composition and hematological profiles in mildly overweight women.

    Henderson S, Magu B, Rasmussen C, Lancaster S, Kerksick C, Smith P, Melton C, Cowan P, Greenwood M, Earnest C, Almada A, Milnor P, Magrans T,Bowden R, Ounpraseuth S, Thomas A, Kreider RB.
    Source

    Exercise & Sport Nutrition Laboratory, Baylor University, Waco, TX.

    Abstract

    PURPOSE:

    This study investigated the effects of Coleus Forskohlii (CF) on body composition, and determined the safety and efficacy of supplementation.
    METHODS:

    In a double blind and randomized manner, 23 females supplemented their diet with ForsLeantrade mark (250 mg of 10% CF extract, (n = 7) or a placebo [P] (n = 12) two times per day for 12-wks. Body composition (DEXA), body weight, and psychometric instruments were obtained at 0, 4, 8 & 12 weeks of supplementation. Fasting blood samples and dietary records (4-d) were obtained at 0 and 12-wks. Side effects were recorded on a weekly basis. Data were analyzed by repeated measures ANOVA and are presented as mean changes from baseline for the CF and placebo groups, respectively.
    RESULTS:

    No significant differences were observed in caloric or macronutrient intake. CF tended to mitigate gains in body mass (-0.7 +/- 1.8, 1.0 +/- 2.5 kg, p = 0.10) and scanned mass (-0.2 +/- 1.3, 1.7 +/- 2.9 kg, p = 0.08) with no significant differences in fat mass (-0.2 +/- 0.7, 1.1 +/- 2.3 kg, p = 0.16), fat free mass (-0.1 +/- 1.3, 0.6 +/- 1.2 kg, p = 0.21), or body fat (-0.2 +/- 1.0, 0.4 +/- 1.4%, p = 0.40). Subjects in the CF group tended to report less fatigue (p = 0.07), hunger (p = 0.02), and fullness (p = 0.04). No clinically significant interactions were seen in metabolic markers, blood lipids, muscle and liver enzymes, electrolytes, red cells, white cells, hormones (insulin, TSH, T3, and T4), heart rate, blood pressure, or weekly reports of side effects.
    CONCLUSION:

    Results suggest that CF does not appear to promote weight loss but may help mitigate weight gain in overweight females with apparently no clinically significant side effects.

    Clinical efficacy of Coleus forskohlii (Willd.) Briq. (Makandi) in hypertension of geriatric population.

    Jagtap M, Chandola HM, Ravishankar B.
    Source

    Lecturer, Department of Kayachikitsa, College of Ayurveda, Nigdi, Pune, Maharashtra, India.

    Abstract

    Hypertension is the most common psychosomatic disorder affecting 972 million people worldwide. The present clinical study deals with the effect of Makandi (Coleus forskohlii (Willd.) Briq.) Ghana vati and tablets of its powder in hypertension found in the geriatric age group (50-80 years). A total of 49 hypertensive patients fulfilling the diagnostic criteria were registered in two groups-Group I (Ghana vati) and Group II (Churna tablet). Out of 27 enrolled patients of group I, 21 patients completed the treatment. In Group II, out of 22 registered patients, a total of 20 patients completed the treatment. The effect of the therapy was assessed on the basis of changes in the systolic and diastolic blood pressures, in both sitting and supine positions; with Manasa Bhava Pariksha, Manasa Vibhrama Pariksha, symptomatology, geriatric signs and symptoms, and a brief psychiatric rating scale. Analysis of the results showed that the treatment in both the groups had been found to be good. It can be stated that Makandi, either in Ghana vati form or in churna tablet form, is an effective remedy for the treatment of hypertension. On analyzing the overall effect, 76.19% patients in Group I and 75.00% patients in Group II were mildly improved. Comparatively the overall treatment with group I was found to be better.
    Check my 1st post bro
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. The SNS Premium Non Stim Fat Loss stack meets Formula-X!
    By Bolanrox in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 12-16-2011, 03:54 AM
  2. Non-Stim weight loss/fat burning supps-Any that work
    By RoadBlocK in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-30-2008, 11:26 AM
  3. Great Weight Loss Stack
    By kraftkid in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 12:26 PM
  4. Single Best Non-Topical Weight Loss Product
    By kraftkid in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 06:34 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 04:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in