herbalife...WTF IS THIS ****!?

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
so theres this girl in my class spitting all this nonsense about supplements because shes an herbalife distibutor. im not one to pick a fight, so i just ignore it for awhile. but the othr day, she busted out one of these

http://www.amazon.com/Herbalife-0103-Thermo-Bond®-90-count/dp/B000A38Z6I

and tossed around some broscience claiming it "stops fat from sticking to your body, so you take one before a meal and it helps you lose weight."

her nonsense spouting has no affect on me. but it concerns me that these distributors take advantage of people's arogance in regards to supplement science and weight loss.

how would you guys react in all sarcastic and serious ways? im not gonna do **** cuz id rather go the next 8 weeks of the semester peaefully

btw, this supplement is basically pilled fiber

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tell the people in your class to eat a ton of metamucil. Same thing.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stay far away from herbalife. Consumption of their supplements has resulted in a ton of hepatoxic episodes and they are currently under investigation
wow, i didnt know that.

OP, yeah, I have come across people from various companies in supplement stores or even the gym who tell me random stuff and have no clue who I am. I love the puzzled look on there face when I start to say statements that prove them wrong :D

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
wow, i didnt know that.

OP, yeah, I have come across people from various companies in supplement stores or even the gym who tell me random stuff and have no clue who I am. I love the puzzled look on there face when I start to say statements that prove them wrong :D

It's actually making national news. I've seen it brought up a few times on Nightly Business Report (yes, I watch it)

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
She should also, politely, be made aware of the possible legal consequences of what she is doing. Making claims like that is not a wise idea. I would suggest she take the bottle of supps and hand it to anyone interested, and let them read and make up their minds.

JR.99

JR.99

Awards
I've heard they were getting accused of pyramid scam that might be why she pimps product with verbal skills and no knowledge gets on my nerves ask her question she won't know how to answer

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
She should also, politely, be made aware of the possible legal consequences of what she is doing. Making claims like that is not a wise idea. I would suggest she take the bottle of supps and hand it to anyone interested, and let them read and make up their minds.
well i took a look at it when she pulled it out and told her its just fiber, looks like a hunger supressant to me. not some kind of mystical fat mobilizing anti organ glue chemical

i didnt say the sarcastic part though lol

I've heard they were getting accused of pyramid scam that might be why she pimps product with verbal skills and no knowledge gets on my nerves ask her question she won't know how to answer
and yea ive read about it being a pyramid scam too. its a weird one though because herbalife has been around for like 30 years or something. pyramids are suposed to be short lived and unable to support its structure

JR.99

JR.99

Awards
Sounds like an investor lost Alot in the stock market and blamed them for hiring ordinary people to sell there products and not retailers I have to it sounds interesting

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like an investor lost Alot in the stock market and blamed them for hiring ordinary people to sell there products and not retailers I have to it sounds interesting
is that a pic of you in your avi? you need to lift bro :D

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same **** as Lipozene

blurryimage

blurryimage

Awards
  • Established
Herbalife and another called zeal. My Facebook feed is filled with over weight people pushing these.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
Herbalife and another called zeal. My Facebook feed is filled with over weight people pushing these.
my best friends grandpa pushes zeal. tells me its full of vitamins and minerals for a healthy body. so is a multi vitamin....

and it tastes like fukin ****

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
Another pyramid scheme one is isagenix. Don't know a lot about it other than my old boss and his buddy made way too much money selling whey protein.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have friends whos parents sell Shaklee. One has been selling since the 1970's and receives around 300k a year in commissions from her downline, or whatever it's called. They always ask me to sell with them lol

Lhns2

Lhns2

Awards
They actually have some legit stuff and shaklee was one of the first to develop a multivitamin in like 1915. Idk how the company is now, but they are a pretty " green" company and have some quality products.

Heavyappetite

Heavyappetite

Awards
so theres this girl in my class spitting all this nonsense about supplements because shes an herbalife distibutor. im not one to pick a fight, so i just ignore it for awhile. but the othr day, she busted out one of these

and tossed around some broscience claiming it "stops fat from sticking to your body, so you take one before a meal and it helps you lose weight."

her nonsense spouting has no affect on me. but it concerns me that these distributors take advantage of people's arogance in regards to supplement science and weight loss.

how would you guys react in all sarcastic and serious ways? im not gonna do **** cuz id rather go the next 8 weeks of the semester peaefully

btw, this supplement is basically pilled fiber
This chick i know texted me the same thing not too long ago, asking me what i thought about them and about how she is going to a meeting to become a distributor.

I just replied "When you're ready to sell real supplements, come see me".

So keen to start my own supplement line. If herbal life can do it...why can't i?