Gaining muscled

olshanskiy

Awards
I'm 16 and wondering if I should take mass gainer or to take whey protein to gain more weight. Which one is more efficient?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eat more real food. It's better then any shake out there.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm 16 and wondering if I should take mass gainer or to take whey protein to gain more weight. Which one is more efficient?
Neither will do anything for you outside of providing calories/micronutrients. Calories and macros shall be your lesson for the day. Get a basic understanding of how they work and this question will answer itself

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok thanks
One bit of advice I will give is to avoid weight gainer shakes. If you do need whey to hit you're daily protein goals, great. If not , that's great as well. Just depends what your diet is like

olshanskiy

Awards
Thanks and do you have any other advice

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks and do you have any other advice
Spend some time around here, you will learn a lot. Also definitely don't think whey will do anything incredible by any means. If your current diet is lacking in protein, then you will almost certainly benefit from adding whey. But you would see identical benefits from adding a comparable amount of chicken breast. It is generally accepted that meats are the more healthful choice here but either would be fine.

Best advice I can give at your age is
1: sleep heavy
2: eat heavy
3: lift heavy

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
food food food. train heavy then eat more food. at your age, we all blew our money on supplements that we didnt know about. I didnt have the forum to research on like you do, so take advantage of it

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
My advice would be to make sure you're hitting the big lifts heavy and often. Squats, Deadlifts, and Bench press. Especially Squats and Deadlists! I wish someone told me that when I started training, I am having to make up some serious ground because of it. My Ham/Glute/Lower back are much weaker than everything else, wish I did more research when I was your age.

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Get your diet and training in order first. Then look to supplements for that extra boost.