Necessary to cycle creatine?

riseabove5

riseabove5

Awards
I've been taking c4 and kre alk efx pro and I want to add a monohydrate.

After reading..some people say cycling off creatine is pointless but some say its important. And some say you should stop creatine for a couple weeks if you are adding different creatine to a stack and then start them together

Which doesn't make sense to me..

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
why stack 3 creatines?

vicesoldier

vicesoldier

Awards
Not sure why stacking 3 but nope no need to cycle off. Just get creIGNITE and your good with your creatines ;)

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
More is not always better,no need to cycle,3-5g Creatine mono daily is a good standard!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am always a proponent of cycling supplements. Just make sure you run them effectively for the appropriate lengths.

JD261985

Banned
Awards
I've been on creatine for about a year and a half no cycling...no issues

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
It is more of a preference,there are no negative effects of not cycling,but I myself do agree with cycling everything I use at some point.I usually take about a month break from creatine when I cycle it and usually do it while on a stim break!

J_Dieter

Awards
It is more of a preference,there are no negative effects of not cycling,but I myself do agree with cycling everything I use at some point.I usually take about a month break from creatine when I cycle it and usually do it while on a stim break!
This is what I do as well. If my preworkout has creatine in it, that's usually my creatine for the day then bulk monohydrate at 3-5g a day on off days.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
This is what I do as well. If my preworkout has creatine in it, that's usually my creatine for the day then bulk monohydrate at 3-5g a day on off days.
I personally will take 3g Creatine mono even when using a pre that has creatine if it has a prop blend and the amount is not disclosed,its too cheap to not make sure I am hitting my needed daily intake,and you will just pee it out if you are getting extra.

J_Dieter

Awards
I personally will take 3g Creatine mono even when using a pre that has creatine if it has a prop blend and the amount is not disclosed,its too cheap to not make sure I am hitting my needed daily intake,and you will just pee it out if you are getting extra.
Yeah but I'm a cheap bastdid :)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Remember reading this bbuilding.com article a while back, references a study by Penn State over multiple years that concluded supplementation at something like 25g of mono e/d had no negative impact on health. It also mentioned that 25g e/d is excessive and had diminishing returns after skeletal muscle has been saturated during initial loading (no shiz right?) but it concluded that even at that dose constantly it was safe.

I usually load and run a maintenance of 5g daily (10 if in pct, bro science that works for me) for 6wks or so and take a month off after. I never run creatine during a hormone cycle tho and save it for after to help hold power. Seems like it's easier for me to notice the bump in endurance in natty time if I cycle it, so I do.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I do this all the time!

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Absolutely no reason to cycle!

Creatine helps volumize cells and is effective at 3-5g per day. 5g is my normal. I split it up between pre and post workout. If I am not working out then I take with meal 1.

There are thousands of studies on creatine many of which are found online. It's the most studied sport supplement out.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Remember reading this bbuilding.com article a while back, references a study by Penn State over multiple years that concluded supplementation at something like 25g of mono e/d had no negative impact on health. It also mentioned that 25g e/d is excessive and had diminishing returns after skeletal muscle has been saturated during initial loading (no shiz right?) but it concluded that even at that dose constantly it was safe.

I usually load and run a maintenance of 5g daily (10 if in pct, bro science that works for me) for 6wks or so and take a month off after. I never run creatine during a hormone cycle tho and save it for after to help hold power. Seems like it's easier for me to notice the bump in endurance in natty time if I cycle it, so I do.
You've just hit on something I do. I don't use in cycle so when I go to pct I load. I take EFX All American KreAlkalyn at 4 pre and 4 post. I drop it back down at 2 weeks in. My creat levels when I get my bloods are consistently 1.51-1.60 which is high. Right where I want them.