Necessary to cycle creatine?

  1. Registered User
    riseabove5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    130
    Answers
    0

    Necessary to cycle creatine?


    I've been taking c4 and kre alk efx pro and I want to add a monohydrate.

    After reading..some people say cycling off creatine is pointless but some say its important. And some say you should stop creatine for a couple weeks if you are adding different creatine to a stack and then start them together

    Which doesn't make sense to me..

  2. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,356
    Answers
    1


    I have never seen a reason to cycle off of creatine. For those who are excellent responders...this "cycling" is not necessary. I would suggest:

    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/c...418-grams.html

    or

    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/c...-150-caps.html
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  3. Registered User
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,384
    Answers
    0


    why stack 3 creatines?
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    vicesoldier's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    954
    Answers
    0


    Not sure why stacking 3 but nope no need to cycle off. Just get creIGNITE and your good with your creatines
    Hybrid Performance Nutrition
    GetHybrid.net
    U.S. ARMY MP(CID)
  5. Registered User
    Mack411's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,824
    Answers
    0


    More is not always better,no need to cycle,3-5g Creatine mono daily is a good standard!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"
  6. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,386
    Answers
    1


    I am always a proponent of cycling supplements. Just make sure you run them effectively for the appropriate lengths.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  7. Registered User
    riseabove5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    130
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    I am always a proponent of cycling supplements. Just make sure you run them effectively for the appropriate lengths.
    What would be an appropriate length?
  8. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,704
    Answers
    0


    I've been on creatine for about a year and a half no cycling...no issues
  9. Registered User
    Mack411's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,824
    Answers
    0


    It is more of a preference,there are no negative effects of not cycling,but I myself do agree with cycling everything I use at some point.I usually take about a month break from creatine when I cycle it and usually do it while on a stim break!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"
  10. Registered User
    J_Dieter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    It is more of a preference,there are no negative effects of not cycling,but I myself do agree with cycling everything I use at some point.I usually take about a month break from creatine when I cycle it and usually do it while on a stim break!
    This is what I do as well. If my preworkout has creatine in it, that's usually my creatine for the day then bulk monohydrate at 3-5g a day on off days.
  11. Registered User
    Mack411's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,824
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by J_Dieter View Post
    This is what I do as well. If my preworkout has creatine in it, that's usually my creatine for the day then bulk monohydrate at 3-5g a day on off days.
    I personally will take 3g Creatine mono even when using a pre that has creatine if it has a prop blend and the amount is not disclosed,its too cheap to not make sure I am hitting my needed daily intake,and you will just pee it out if you are getting extra.
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"
  12. Registered User
    J_Dieter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post

    I personally will take 3g Creatine mono even when using a pre that has creatine if it has a prop blend and the amount is not disclosed,its too cheap to not make sure I am hitting my needed daily intake,and you will just pee it out if you are getting extra.
    Yeah but I'm a cheap bastdid
  13. Registered User
    Hyde's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,034
    Answers
    0


    Remember reading this bbuilding.com article a while back, references a study by Penn State over multiple years that concluded supplementation at something like 25g of mono e/d had no negative impact on health. It also mentioned that 25g e/d is excessive and had diminishing returns after skeletal muscle has been saturated during initial loading (no shiz right?) but it concluded that even at that dose constantly it was safe.

    I usually load and run a maintenance of 5g daily (10 if in pct, bro science that works for me) for 6wks or so and take a month off after. I never run creatine during a hormone cycle tho and save it for after to help hold power. Seems like it's easier for me to notice the bump in endurance in natty time if I cycle it, so I do.
  14. Registered User
    Hyde's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,034
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    I personally will take 3g Creatine mono even when using a pre that has creatine if it has a prop blend and the amount is not disclosed,its too cheap to not make sure I am hitting my needed daily intake,and you will just pee it out if you are getting extra.
    I do this all the time!
  15. Registered User
    02sixxer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,654
    Answers
    0


    Absolutely no reason to cycle!

    Creatine helps volumize cells and is effective at 3-5g per day. 5g is my normal. I split it up between pre and post workout. If I am not working out then I take with meal 1.

    There are thousands of studies on creatine many of which are found online. It's the most studied sport supplement out.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  16. Registered User
    02sixxer's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,654
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Remember reading this bbuilding.com article a while back, references a study by Penn State over multiple years that concluded supplementation at something like 25g of mono e/d had no negative impact on health. It also mentioned that 25g e/d is excessive and had diminishing returns after skeletal muscle has been saturated during initial loading (no shiz right?) but it concluded that even at that dose constantly it was safe.

    I usually load and run a maintenance of 5g daily (10 if in pct, bro science that works for me) for 6wks or so and take a month off after. I never run creatine during a hormone cycle tho and save it for after to help hold power. Seems like it's easier for me to notice the bump in endurance in natty time if I cycle it, so I do.
    You've just hit on something I do. I don't use in cycle so when I go to pct I load. I take EFX All American KreAlkalyn at 4 pre and 4 post. I drop it back down at 2 weeks in. My creat levels when I get my bloods are consistently 1.51-1.60 which is high. Right where I want them.
    Formutech Nutrition Rep --------------Team IronClad Physiques!!!
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------------ NPC Competitor
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Do you prefer to cycle Creatine?
    By B3ast in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-09-2012, 02:47 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 02:43 PM
  3. How to Cycle Creatine & NO Products??? HELP!
    By paulygon in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 11:01 AM
  4. Is it necessary to pre-load creatine?
    By Jim Mills in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-24-2007, 02:15 PM
  5. necessary to run letro on cycle
    By nclifterz71 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 11:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in