Bcaa question?

ninja636

ninja636

Awards
So I have a question taking bcaa... I take a multi, fish oil, and dymitize protein and also creatine mono.. What's the affects of taking this lol I'm going to get bashed for not doing research

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

BigEdNJ

Awards
It will help with your recovery and also the leucine should help with protein synthesis.

newbreed

Awards
Recovery and may help protect current muscle mass while training. Which BCAA product are you considering? My favorite is USPlabs Modern BCAAs. Tastes good, no artificial coloring, high amount of leucine to help with protein synthesis, and a form of gluatmine that has more stability in water as opposed to regular glutamine.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It will help with your recovery and also the leucine should help with protein synthesis.
basically this. i like to take mine at night (before sleep) on OFF days, and intra workout on training days during a bulk. on a cut, i will take it 2-3x / day

newbreed

Awards
They are really important during a cut because of the lack of calories in the diet.

ninja636

ninja636

Awards
What do u mix it with?

ninja636

ninja636

Awards
So basically I can take everything I'm taking now and add thus to my routine ?

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So basically I can take everything I'm taking now and add thus to my routine ?

Yes sir! Just mix in water, i mix my ModernBCAA in about 16oz water and drink them before am cardio or during my workout.

I've also mixed them with jack3d micro pre-workout, tastes great!

ninja636

ninja636

Awards
Awesome! Do u take this on just training days ?

newbreed

Awards
Awesome! Do u take this on just training days ?

You could also take it on off days. I like to put a couple scoops in a big jug and sip throughout the day to speed up recovery.

ninja636

ninja636

Awards
What else are some good brands?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ModernBCAA+ are now available!!!!

Here is some information you may be interested in...

We are VERY proud to announce these exciting updates to our massively popular Modern BCAA product line!

USPlabs Modern BCAA+™
8:1:1 BCAA with Key Exercise Amino Acids
50% MORE Aminos PER Serving!*
15 grams of BCAA's & other key exercise amino's per serving

Coveted 8:1:1 BCAA Ratio PLUS the addition of these key aminos:

Glycene: Supplementing with this amino around exercise is very important because muscles release more glycine during fasted exercise than any other amino, which creates a catabolic state.
Alanine: Also released at very high rates during fasted exercise, making supplementation important to preventing a catabolic state.†
Taurine: The most abundant amino acid in skeletal muscle. A recent animal study demonstrated that when muscles are low in taurine, muscle function and performance were significantly reduced.†
Lysine: This essential amino acid has been shown to preserve leucine in a protein starved state.†

NEW: Upgraded Flavor Profile! Available in Fruit Punch, Watermelon & Blue Raspberry Flavors!

ARE YOU TAKING CARBS AROUND YOUR WORKOUT?
IF SO, HERE’S WHY YOU NEED MODERN BCAA+:

A couple of key amino acids in Modern BCAA+ when ingested with a carb source have some rather amazing effects.

The first has shown that when it is ingested with carbs, it allows you to take advantage of the anabolic potential of the hormone insulin, while minimizing the potential lipogenic effects. This is important because insulin is a highly anabolic hormone with respect to skeletal muscle, yet, insulin can cause fat gain. This particular amino, however, seems to allow the body to take advantage of the anabolic effects of insulin upon skeletal muscle, without the risk of gaining fat...†
The second amino acid has been shown to have similarly beneficial effects. When this amino was ingested with a carb source, it was able to maximize the anabolic potential of insulin while minimizing the lipogenic effects of insulin. The key takeaway from both of these ingredients is that you want to maximize the levels of the highly anabolic hormone insulin, yet minimize its lipogenic potential since insulin doesn’t discriminate between being highly anabolic to muscle or fat. By utilizing these key amino acids, you can maintain or even improve the anabolic potential of insulin upon skeletal muscle, while reducing the lipogenic or fat gaining effects the hormone can have.†

† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
still have yet to get an answer on why USP isnt in the supplement company section anymore :(

Chrisnova92

Chrisnova92

Awards
Take care when taking creatine and bcaa's together. Some research shows that they compete for receptor cells in the body. As long as you don't take em together you'll be right

venicebeach

Awards
imo aminocore from allmax is my fav, over 8 grams of bcaas and other stuff thrown in other and a ton of servings, tastes good but kinda smells once you are almost finished drinking it.

ninja636

ninja636

Awards
I take my creatine post workout with my protein, taking bcaa during my workout won't effect taking my prework out and then my creatine right after? I take craze and hemoval about 45 min before I lift

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I take my creatine post workout with my protein, taking bcaa during my workout won't effect taking my prework out and then my creatine right after? I take craze and hemoval about 45 min before I lift

why would it?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ModernBCAA+ are now available!!!!

Here is some information you may be interested in...

We are VERY proud to announce these exciting updates to our massively popular Modern BCAA product line!

USPlabs Modern BCAA+™
8:1:1 BCAA with Key Exercise Amino Acids
50% MORE Aminos PER Serving!*
15 grams of BCAA's & other key exercise amino's per serving

Coveted 8:1:1 BCAA Ratio PLUS the addition of these key aminos:

Glycene: Supplementing with this amino around exercise is very important because muscles release more glycine during fasted exercise than any other amino, which creates a catabolic state.
Alanine: Also released at very high rates during fasted exercise, making supplementation important to preventing a catabolic state.†
Taurine: The most abundant amino acid in skeletal muscle. A recent animal study demonstrated that when muscles are low in taurine, muscle function and performance were significantly reduced.†
Lysine: This essential amino acid has been shown to preserve leucine in a protein starved state.†

NEW: Upgraded Flavor Profile! Available in Fruit Punch, Watermelon & Blue Raspberry Flavors!

ARE YOU TAKING CARBS AROUND YOUR WORKOUT?
IF SO, HERE’S WHY YOU NEED MODERN BCAA+:

A couple of key amino acids in Modern BCAA+ when ingested with a carb source have some rather amazing effects.

The first has shown that when it is ingested with carbs, it allows you to take advantage of the anabolic potential of the hormone insulin, while minimizing the potential lipogenic effects. This is important because insulin is a highly anabolic hormone with respect to skeletal muscle, yet, insulin can cause fat gain. This particular amino, however, seems to allow the body to take advantage of the anabolic effects of insulin upon skeletal muscle, without the risk of gaining fat...†
The second amino acid has been shown to have similarly beneficial effects. When this amino was ingested with a carb source, it was able to maximize the anabolic potential of insulin while minimizing the lipogenic effects of insulin. The key takeaway from both of these ingredients is that you want to maximize the levels of the highly anabolic hormone insulin, yet minimize its lipogenic potential since insulin doesn’t discriminate between being highly anabolic to muscle or fat. By utilizing these key amino acids, you can maintain or even improve the anabolic potential of insulin upon skeletal muscle, while reducing the lipogenic or fat gaining effects the hormone can have.†

† These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
I have a tub of watermelon being delivered today. I'm gonna crack it open immediately haha.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Let me know what you think! I enjoy watermelon but not watermelon supps, usually a miss. I haven't had a chance to get my hands on any yet.

Still killing the FP
Will do. I generally like watermelon supps, so if it's done well (I think it will be), I'll be very happy.

Finished mine (OG) a few days ago.

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards

nope, won't interfere at all bro. BCAA's are always a good addition to help with recovery, muscle sparing during training. But don't forget to get adequate protein in your diet to ensure you're getting adequate amounts of EAA's as well. products like purple wraath or Compete, which contains a full spectrum of amino acids, is a good thing to consider instead of just BCAA's alone

newbreed

Awards
Tried Watermelon Modern BCAAs and it tastes AMAZING. Reminds me of the watermelon jolly ranchers. My new favorite.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tried Watermelon Modern BCAAs and it tastes AMAZING. Reminds me of the watermelon jolly ranchers. My new favorite.
I had it earlier today as well. The flavor was awesome.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just ordered some. should be in within the next few days. cant wait.

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
I absolutely love taking Compete around my workouts (whether before, during, or after) and feel that the product has a handful of benefits over simple BCAA supplementation. The combination of EAA and BCAA in Compete (from whey hydrolysate) offer an ideal spectrum of aminos for recovery and enhanced muscle protein synthesis. It also includes a nice group of focus ingredients as well as carnitine salts and citrulline malate - Compete is a BCAA product done right (as our advertising says) and it should offer advantages in recovery, endurance, hydration, and focus. It's also cheaper per serving in most stores than competing products like Scivation's Xtend.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
What else are some good brands?

My Favorite is Formutech Nutrition's Endurance BCAA PLus and Perform BCAA, both have very good Melon flavor.

Endurance BCAA Plus is much more then just a BCAA product it has Glutamine, creatinol-o-phosphate, and Beta Alanine. Glutamine is another great recovery Amino Acid. COP in short helps you train longer and buffers lactic acid, and Beta Alanine can help increase both anaerobic and aerobic endurance by helping decrease muscle fatigue.

Solid product you should give it a try. Chheck out some logs under the search engine here and you will see it is well liked.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards

Wont bother it at all, I take mine intra workout and finish it before cardio if I am doing cardio post training. If Iam doing fated cardio I drink half prior to cardio and drink the remainder durring my first half of cardio.