grapefruit juice a anti estrogen???

1. Diamond Member
    Answers

grapefruit juice a anti estrogen???

been doing research on grapefruit juice as a way to increase potency of some of my supplements. came accross an article warning women on estrogen theraphy not to drink or eat grapefruit because it rids the body of estrogen...anyone have any links to studies backing this up?
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I've seen that claim on more holistic sites, but have also seen that it can increase estrogen in women...so it probably means that it has no affect or a very insignificant one. I'm curious if you're found anything promising in regards to taking it with supplements because I've found that it does not do much at all with sports supplements.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

3. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    I've seen that claim on more holistic sites, but have also seen that it can increase estrogen in women...so it probably means that it has no affect or a very insignificant one. I'm curious if you're found anything promising in regards to taking it with supplements because I've found that it does not do much at all with sports supplements.
    i've just started taking 8oz with an arimistane product that i have been using for a week now...who knows?

awhile back it was popular to drink gfj with ph's...

gfj was a big part of pp's andro series, look at the write up. apparently eric was a fan!!!

•   

4. New Member
    Answers

Grapefruit juice is a cyp450 and cyp19a inhibitor. I believe grapefruit juice interacts with metabolism of steroids metabolized through p-450nf so it could potentially peak estrone, estradiol, estriol or other certain hormone levels significantly depending on substance taken. One would have to research the substance to be certain. Grapefruit alone can also increase estrogen when on nothing I believe to to cyp450 and 19a.

5. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 996ttelise View Post
    Grapefruit juice is a cyp450 and cyp19a inhibitor. I believe grapefruit juice interacts with metabolism of steroids metabolized through p-450nf so it could potentially peak estrone, estradiol, estriol or other certain hormone levels significantly depending on substance taken. One would have to research the substance to be certain. Grapefruit alone can also increase estrogen when on nothing I believe to to cyp450 and 19a.
    so it actually increases rather than decreases estrogen...hmmm. this contradicts what i read about it ridding the body of estrogen????

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The battle of OTC Anti-Estrogens! 6OXO or Formasin??
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 01:41 PM
  2. Grapefruit Juice taken with orals
    By Godlike in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-10-2004, 10:40 AM
  3. Anti Estrogens While On M-1 Test?
    By vicant in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-10-2003, 03:17 PM
  4. Anti-Estrogen DexCaps