My supps and program

ayestaygolden

Awards
I'm trying to pick up on mass and muscle size. I started this 12 week program from bodybuilding.com it's called shortcut to size. I recently started taking these 3 supps, 1. Con-cret creatine 2. N0 Extrem 3. Russian Bear 5000.
I'm currently at 6'1 and 153lbs. Am I on the right track, should I get any other supps? Thanks guys.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
1. What is this "shortcut to size" program you speak of?
2. Waste of $ on concrete. Buy mono next time and save $.
3. NO extreme - not familiar with it but it most likely isn't the best use of money either.
4. How old are you?
5. Judging on your size I'm guessing that you have limited training experience?
If 5 is the case, google starting strength training program and read up on it.
6. Don't waste any more $ on supplements other than basics until you develop a better understanding of the training/nutrition/sleep aspects of muscle hypertrophy and strength.

ayestaygolden

Awards
1. What is this "shortcut to size" program you speak of?
2. Waste of $ on concrete. Buy mono next time and save $.
3. NO extreme - not familiar with it but it most likely isn't the best use of money either.
4. How old are you?
5. Judging on your size I'm guessing that you have limited training experience?
If 5 is the case, google starting strength training program and read up on it.
6. Don't waste any more $ on supplements other than basics until you develop a better understanding of the training/nutrition/sleep aspects of muscle hypertrophy and strength.
It's this program on bodybuilding.com. A 12 week program where everything is broken down from supps to nutrition to exercises. I've worked at a gym before so I have some experience but I would always lagged it on going to the gym, but I've gotten a pass and now I'll be going 4 times a week. I'm 20 btw.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Who was your program written by? Is it a proven workout? Is there any fedback on the program? Or was it just written by a member of bb.com

Those are garbage supps. Russian Bear 5000, are you serious? Eat food instead of that. Buy some cheap bulk creatine monohydrate and some whey protein.

ayestaygolden

Awards
Who was your program written by? Is it a proven workout? Is there any fedback on the program? Or was it just written by a member of bb.com

Those are garbage supps. Russian Bear 5000, are you serious? Eat food instead of that. Buy some cheap bulk creatine monohydrate and some whey protein.
I have a whey from dymatize called iso 100. I also have a casien protein from dymatize as well. The program has gotten good reviews. I can't post links here for some reason, but you can check out the program at bodybuilding.com then click on find program and its called shortcut to size. I have no choice but to finish these supps

ethan_wilde

ethan_wilde

Awards
Dont listen to any of these losers who probably are in such bad denial because they cant afford any supplements that they want to preach that to you. I take con cret before my workout and kreaklyn after. I take 4 shakes of russian bear one in morning. Lunch. Dinner. Pre bedtime lol. Also eat like a horse. I have 6000 calories a day. Started off 143 after football in november. Now 162. **** is real if you do it right

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dont listen to any of these losers who probably are in such bad denial because they cant afford any supplements that they want to preach that to you. I take con cret before my workout and kreaklyn after. I take 4 shakes of russian bear one in morning. Lunch. Dinner. Pre bedtime lol. Also eat like a horse. I have 6000 calories a day. Started off 143 after football in november. Now 162. **** is real if you do it right
You gained that much weight because you have been eating 6000 calories a day. Not because of the supplements (though they help, let's not kid ourselves, your weight gain is 99% due to a 6000 calories a day diet, lol).

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's a little disrespectful for someone who's asked so much advice, and has been given all the answers you've asked for by numerous members but you decline to bother listening to any of it because it's not what you want to hear. Everyone has offered their help to better you.

Welcome to the Anabolic Minds. I look forward to more of your contributions.

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
This Russian Bear 5000 sounds absurd. Buy a high quality whey and make your own mass gainer. Try 12oz apple juice, a banana, 2 scoops whey, 1/2-1 cup dry oats, a handful or kale and a handful of spinach in the blender, add a little water if it's too thick for your liking and I also like to add a scoop of bcaa's. Shortcut to size seems decent. I like Stoppani, he has a lot of knowledge. As far as your pre-workout there are definitely others I like more, (I prefer pre-surge with a 1000mg of agmatine sulfate and 1500mg of beta alanine) but just use those for now, they aren't terrible. Most importantly learn how to structure your diet correctly, you should shoot for a meal every 2.5 hrs if possible.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'm trying to pick up on mass and muscle size. I started this 12 week program from bodybuilding.com it's called shortcut to size. I recently started taking these 3 supps, 1. Con-cret creatine 2. N0 Extrem 3. Russian Bear 5000.
I'm currently at 6'1 and 153lbs. Am I on the right track, should I get any other supps? Thanks guys.
If a workout program outlines supplement use for you, then the author likely works for them or is getting something from them in return.
Nothing magic about those supplements and as others have said,there are cheaper alternatives available.

Also, what is it with people and wanting results NOW. Rather than planning and enjoying the process, they want to be big overnight. It wont happen.

Work hard, eat plenty, sleep adequetly, rinse and repeat and you will grow. If you put on mass too quickly, it will be majority fat. The body only has a limited about of muscle tissue it can synthesize in any given time period.

Its good of you though to get on a program; more often than not even the most basic of programs are far better than any you could write yourself

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You gained that much weight because you have been eating 6000 calories a day. Not because of the supplements (though they help, let's not kid ourselves, your weight gain is 99% due to a 6000 calories a day diet, lol).
Check his other threads. He doesn't. First it was 9500. Then 6500-9500, then 6500, now it's 6000.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This Russian Bear 5000 sounds absurd. Buy a high quality whey and make your own mass gainer. Try 12oz apple juice, a banana, 2 scoops whey, 1/2-1 cup dry oats, a handful or kale and a handful of spinach in the blender, add a little water if it's too thick for your liking and I also like to add a scoop of bcaa's. Shortcut to size seems decent. I like Stoppani, he has a lot of knowledge.
I admire you if you can actually down that.

Doesnt sound appealing lol

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
I admire you if you can actually down that. Doesnt sound appealing lol
haha it's not that bad, I only do the 1/2 cup of oats, I'm used to it I suppose, I get tired of constantly eating and do two of these a day usually for 2 of my 8 meals, sometimes half as much apple juice tho

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
haha it's not that bad, I only do the 1/2 cup of oats, I'm used to it I suppose, I get tired of constantly eating and do two of these a day usually for 2 of my 8 meals, sometimes half as much apple juice tho
I tried adding kale to a shake; tasted horrible. Wanted to enjoy it but just couldnt

ethan_wilde

ethan_wilde

Awards
Li really dont care what critics on here have to say. I made a mistake at first with the calories and thanks to the advice i was given i fixed it. Your opinion of whether or not i eat 6000 calories a day or not has the least effect on me possible. Im me i see what ive done and gained and i know the supplements i take and eating right does it.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried adding kale to a shake; tasted horrible. Wanted to enjoy it but just couldnt
Blend a cooked sweet tater, protein and milk! Dash some cinnamon and vanilla in it

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
The kale kinda stinks to me and is a little sour tasting, I do a small handful of that and large of the spinach, I don't mind it near as much. The kale is very healthy and I like the added protein synthesis from the spinach. The banana and apple juice help with the flavor a lot.

kissdadookie

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check his other threads. He doesn't. First it was 9500. Then 6500-9500, then 6500, now it's 6000.
I wish I could eat 6500-9500 calories... even just once. Just so that I could know that I could do it without breaking a sweat...

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Blend a cooked sweet tater, protein and milk! Dash some cinnamon and vanilla in it
I usually just eat my sweet potatoes, haha, I hadn't tried blending them. That doesn't come out super thick?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Li really dont care what critics on here have to say. I made a mistake at first with the calories and thanks to the advice i was given i fixed it. Your opinion of whether or not i eat 6000 calories a day or not has the least effect on me possible. Im me i see what ive done and gained and i know the supplements i take and eating right does it.
I'm glad that you feel that way then. If what you're doing works, then keep it up. I'm not sure why you feel the need to insult forum members though.

ethan_wilde

ethan_wilde

Awards
Not insulting but tired of people putting stupid comments on here. If the kid is asking about it then he clearly has the money. And what does Kale do for you?!

hurdlemaker

hurdlemaker

Awards
  • Established
Not insulting but tired of people putting stupid comments on here. If the kid is asking about it then he clearly has the money. And what does Kale do for you?!
My comment has shat to do with $ and everything to do with nutrition. Kale provides fiber, copper, manganese, iron, vitamins C, A, and K, and myriad phytonutrients.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like everyone has said pretty much. Better cheaper alternatives for mass gainer shakes. Building your own would be ideal. Pb, oats, a whey casein blend, or since you have both already, either or.

Im not familiar with the program you talked about but I guess you could try it.

There ARE programs that are absolutely proven to build size though. 5x5, 5/3/1, Mad Cow(my favorite of those), DC training. These would all be good alternatives if you decided that the aforementioned program isn't to your liking.

As far as extra supps go....as long as you have your bases covered I think you should do well to start. Multi, fish oil, protein, creatine (Crea-Trona instead of concrete), BCAA (FINAFLEX BCAA/SAA is amazing. Blue raspberry).

Supps will help, but given your size I think 99% of your money should be spent in the grocery store. If you don't eat enough no supp will help tbh.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The food does it and the russian bear, the other two, not so much. Weight gain is all calories brah

Edit: and water weight. I should have said muscle gain is all calories

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The kale kinda stinks to me and is a little sour tasting, I do a small handful of that and large of the spinach, I don't mind it near as much. The kale is very healthy and I like the added protein synthesis from the spinach. The banana and apple juice help with the flavor a lot.
Kale is a good food; just struggle to eat/drink it lol

Dr.Veritas

Dr.Veritas

Awards
  • Established
Word!

I'm not the biggest fan of your supplement selection. I would stick to a training program that works obviously, then move forward with some the staples/basics...Creatine Mono/BCAAs/High quality Protein. See where this gets you, as you increase your caloric intake, once you've figured this aspect out it may then be necessary to get any additional calories from weight gainers/waxy maize.