Jarrow Formulas - Toco-Sorb (Hair loss)

  1. New Member
    ironwiz's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    23292
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%

    Jarrow Formulas - Toco-Sorb (Toco-8 Alternative)


    Hey guys,

    I want to tell you about the following product. It is similar to toco-8 but a lot better.

    It utilizes the Tocomin® SupraBio system which is what was used in the original study for hair loss.

    "TocoSorb® tocotrienol-vitamin E complex utilizes SupraBio® enhanced absorption system. Tocotrienols protect cardiovascular function by affecting biosynthesis of cholesterol and reducing oxidation of low density lipoprotein (LDL-Cholesterol).* TocoSorb® also maintains healthy brain functions.*Typically, bioavailability of tocotrienols is low. Patented SupraBio® specialized lipid mixture enhances tocotrienol uptake 2 to 3 times. TocoSorb® is derived from natural full spectrum palm oil"

    It only costs around $13! for 60 softgels. Remember if you do start taking this product to combat hairloss or to try and grow hair, you need to take 2 softgels daily.

    Me personally i bought 6 bottles.

    Also there are a lot of other health benefits when supplementing with a tocotrienol-vitamin E. I feel much healthier and my cardiovascular endurance has increased.

    Links to the studies:
    tocotrienol.org/news/56-news/205-hair-loss-prevention-study-with-tocominrsuprabio-bioenhanced-palm-tocotrienol-complex-published.html

    naturalproductsinsider.com/news/2011/03/tocomin-hair-loss-study-published.aspx

    cheers

  2. New Member
    moe1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37
    Rep Power
    96
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    85.85%

    Nice , im using toco8 but since it the company is gone im looking for a replacement , thanks.
  3. RickyBDragon's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Age
    31
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    35.95%

    Thanks for the post, I am about to run out of toco-8 and need to find a replacement. I will try out a few bottles of toco sorb and see how it goes.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    ironwiz's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    23292
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%

    No problems guys. Please post back here with your results.

    I have also noticed that my hair on my head and on my face grows a lot faster!
  5. New Member
    ironwiz's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    23292
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%

    UPDATE: Toco-sorb has definitely made my hair thicker and healthier. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to prevent hair loss. It also has great brain and heart benefits.
  6. Senior Member
    testosteronet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,149
    Rep Power
    215582
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    22.05%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Thanks for the update.
  7. Board Supporter
    liftin4fun's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    555
    Rep Power
    1984
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    26.96%

    I am about to run out of my toco-8 supply next month. Thanks for the post!
  8. New Member
    ironwiz's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    23292
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%

    NP guys, i really feel more people need to know about this product. I swear i am not a rep or anything but it really is an amazing product.

    My hair is awesome. My blood pressure is great (i monitor this myself) and my skin has a nice healthy glow to it. And i thank all of this to toco-sorb. It apparently absorbs better than toco8 and is so much more affordable.

    I have given a bottle to my sister who has a lot of red marks and slight acne on her cheeks so i will see what it does for her and let you guys know.
  9. Advanced Member
    horizons's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  146 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    872
    Rep Power
    245588
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    50.02%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    I've been using this for nearly a year now. Can't say I notice anything but its healthy and good value
  10. Senior Member
    CATdiesel76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,374
    Rep Power
    600537
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    96.34%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    So does two soft gels equal the same amount used in the study?
  11. Senior Member
    dtrain13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,128
    Rep Power
    682295
    Level
    40
    Lv. Percent
    28.62%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ironwiz View Post
    UPDATE: Toco-sorb has definitely made my hair thicker and healthier. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to prevent hair loss. It also has great brain and heart benefits.
    What are you dosing it at?
  12. New Member
    Mp859's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    26
    Posts
    442
    Rep Power
    79543
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    93.12%

    I was waiting for a reply to the last post lol
  13. New Member
    ironwiz's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    23292
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%

    Yes i do take 2 soft gels daily as per my OP
  14. New Member
    Jon_b's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    15201
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    45.42%

    Would you expect this to have much of an effect on a receding hairline, or is that a separate matter than overall thinning hair?
  15. Advanced Member
    horizons's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  146 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    872
    Rep Power
    245588
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    50.02%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_b View Post
    Would you expect this to have much of an effect on a receding hairline, or is that a separate matter than overall thinning hair?
    Not heaps or anything.

    Better off getting propecia
  16. New Member
    ironwiz's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    23292
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_b View Post
    Would you expect this to have much of an effect on a receding hairline, or is that a separate matter than overall thinning hair?
    Not to much effect on a receding hairline.

    Its good for thickening your hair slightly and hair health and making your hair grow faster.
  17. New Member
    Younglifter16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    164738
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    51.1%

    stuff is great for overall heart health and many other benefits. Dont expect any hair growth or it to stop your hair loss. Its cheap enough to find to make it a staple though as an overall health supp.
  18. Senior Member
    koi1214's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    48
    Posts
    2,796
    Rep Power
    5292230
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    64.81%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ironwiz View Post
    Not to much effect on a receding hairline. Its good for thickening your hair slightly and hair health and making your hair grow faster.
    I have been using Jarrow Formulas familE at 2 s gels a day.I use it because familE has all 8 forms of vitamin E.I do realize that Toco-Sorb is mostly a tocotrienol formula with some d-alpha tocopherol in it. What is the difference between the 2 formulas?
  19. New Member
    Younglifter16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    164738
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    51.1%

    Quote Originally Posted by koi1214 View Post
    I have been using Jarrow Formulas familE at 2 s gels a day.I use it because familE has all 8 forms of vitamin E.I do realize that Toco-Sorb is mostly a tocotrienol formula with some d-alpha tocopherol in it. What is the difference between the 2 formulas?
    one specializes in tocotrienols (toco-sorb) and therefore has a higher mg blend (57mg vs 38mg). while the other is more complete and incorporates mixed tocopherols into the formula as well (familE). The tocotrienols is what the hair "study" was done with, so you would go the higher amount you can get, in this case toco-sorb.

    Sucks that jarrow made toco-sorb a prop blend, must be for a reason, probably pixie dusting all those good tocotrienols while giving us a surplus of the less important ones.
  20. Advanced Member
    propho's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    998
    Rep Power
    8149
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    83.59%

    Was just reading about this.. think i'll give it a whirl.. any other feedback on this?
  21. New Member
    ironwiz's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    23292
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%

    Quote Originally Posted by Younglifter16 View Post
    one specializes in tocotrienols (toco-sorb) and therefore has a higher mg blend (57mg vs 38mg). while the other is more complete and incorporates mixed tocopherols into the formula as well (familE). The tocotrienols is what the hair "study" was done with, so you would go the higher amount you can get, in this case toco-sorb.

    Sucks that jarrow made toco-sorb a prop blend, must be for a reason, probably pixie dusting all those good tocotrienols while giving us a surplus of the less important ones.
    Could not of said it better my self. Great post!
  22. Elite Member
    halfhuman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,980
    Rep Power
    2069666
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    72.55%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I love toco and haven't given any other product a shot. This post definitely made me realize how much I miss it. Will be buying 2-3 bottles. Thanx op
    [/COLOR]I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  23. New Member
    ironwiz's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    273
    Rep Power
    23292
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%

    Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    I love toco and haven't given any other product a shot. This post definitely made me realize how much I miss it. Will be buying 2-3 bottles. Thanx op
    Np bud.
  24. New Member
    mrgodlike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    56
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    32.7%

    Thanks for this info... Just took a look another Jarrow product called Life Extension Gamma E. Looks more complete than toco-sorb and looks more comparable to toco-8 if dosed at 2 caps with the same if not higher servings of each tocotrienol & tocopherol at the 2 cap dosage. So for those interested, Just going to pass this info I found along so that it may help someone.
  25. New Member
    FireRescue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    29714
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    47.45%

    Quote Originally Posted by mrgodlike View Post
    Life Extension Gamma E Tocopherol/tocotrienols (do a search on amazon)
    This is what I have been using for quite some time and it is a great product with a great profile.
  26. Advanced Member
    propho's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    34
    Posts
    998
    Rep Power
    8149
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    83.59%

    Kind of bringing this thread back to life... anyone showing any results? I also have changed my shampoo and conditioner to one for hair growth.. Not Nioxin since it's got chemicals in it.. went with the Jason brand with Biotin as it's sulfate free and all natural..

    From what I can tell I've got less hair on my pillow in the morning and less hair dropping down into the drain when showering..
  27. New Member
    Boatcop1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Age
    37
    Posts
    275
    Rep Power
    4692
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    84.63%

    I was on Toco-8 for 7 months and then switched to the Jarrow formula. I cannot say anything either way. I did hope for it to help with my thinning hair in the back but I cannot say either way. Hair grows much quicker though.
  28. Advanced Member
    thescience's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    515
    Rep Power
    475007
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    17.35%
    Achievements Activity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ironwiz View Post
    Hey guys,

    I want to tell you about the following product. It is similar to toco-8 but a lot better.

    It utilizes the Tocomin® SupraBio system which is what was used in the original study for hair loss.

    "TocoSorb® tocotrienol-vitamin E complex utilizes SupraBio® enhanced absorption system. Tocotrienols protect cardiovascular function by affecting biosynthesis of cholesterol and reducing oxidation of low density lipoprotein (LDL-Cholesterol).* TocoSorb® also maintains healthy brain functions.*Typically, bioavailability of tocotrienols is low. Patented SupraBio® specialized lipid mixture enhances tocotrienol uptake 2 to 3 times. TocoSorb® is derived from natural full spectrum palm oil"

    It only costs around $13! for 60 softgels. Remember if you do start taking this product to combat hairloss or to try and grow hair, you need to take 2 softgels daily.

    Me personally i bought 6 bottles.

    Also there are a lot of other health benefits when supplementing with a tocotrienol-vitamin E. I feel much healthier and my cardiovascular endurance has increased.

    Links to the studies:
    tocotrienol.org/news/56-news/205-hair-loss-prevention-study-with-tocominrsuprabio-bioenhanced-palm-tocotrienol-complex-published.html

    naturalproductsinsider.com/news/2011/03/tocomin-hair-loss-study-published.aspx

    cheers


    I got a bottle of that lying around. I also scored some liposomal vit. E (100% absorption) intended for horses. ive also tried water soluable E, though that may be off the market now. the tocosorb is way better absorbed than most vitamin E supplements; it has a serving size of 70% daily recommended allowance I think; it looks like the small but effective dose is designed to get around digestive issues some people have with larger amounts of other forms that end up never getting absorbed. I read this doctpr's practitioner manual that had people taking up to 1600 iu a day.

    interesting the connection to hair loss. ive always believed that vitamin E ability to thin blood resulted in better circulation to the brain; the more blood that can reach it's destination, the more that destination is nourished since the blood carries the nutrition.

    ive also heard choline, methionine (or any sulfur-bearing amino) and silica helps with strengthening the hair. in my opinion, most forms of silica don't work; swanson makes a high potency bamboo extract, though a lot of people claim humans lack the enzme to digest the silica from bamboo. orgone has an insanely expensive silica form they developed, though I couldn't say if it works. I use something called oceanic silica, but the best effects from a silica supplement ive noticed are from a jarrow product called bio-sil; it tastes really nasty and some of my friends I pushed it onto told me it upset their digestion
  29. RickyBDragon's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Age
    31
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    35.95%

    Looks like Toco-8 is back under a different name and new company....

    http://botanicalcraft.com/?utm_mediu...m_fruit_launch


    I sure hope nutraplanet picks this up!
  30. Elite Member
    halfhuman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,980
    Rep Power
    2069666
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    72.55%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyBDragon View Post
    Looks like Toco-8 is back under a different name and new company.... http://botanicalcraft.com/?utm_mediu...m_fruit_launch I sure hope nutraplanet picks this up!
    Yea I got the email. Idk a bit to pricey for my taste but looks good
    [/COLOR]I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  31. Senior Member
    Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    854641
    Level
    50
    Lv. Percent
    48.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I can offer some general thoughts:

    I use several Jarrow Brands products. I am VERY impressed with them. The price/performance is really good, and they are available at Vitacost, Swanson and most all other retailers art a fairly decent discount.

    I started the Toco product recently. I also use other Vit E-related compounds from other suppliers. My use for the Toco product is for LDL management.

    I also use - and very highly recommend - Jarrow B-Right. It is a methyl B complex. I used 3 each day, along with the TMG I take.

    I also use Jarrow Ginger extract, Jarrow Ashwaganda, Jarrow Cordyceps, Jarrow d-Limonene, and Jarrow Selenium (in the form of Methylselenocysteine).
  32. RickyBDragon's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Age
    31
    Posts
    122
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    35.95%

    Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    Yea I got the email. Idk a bit to pricey for my taste but looks good
    Yeah their price is outrageous, that's why I'm hoping NutraPlanet picks it up so we can grab it for a much more reasonable price like before.
  33. Elite Member
    halfhuman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,980
    Rep Power
    2069666
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    72.55%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by RickyBDragon View Post
    Yeah their price is outrageous, that's why I'm hoping NutraPlanet picks it up so we can grab it for a much more reasonable price like before.
    I'm sure it will eventually go down but they're starting point is way to high. Once price goes down I'm sure they will get more customers. But for now that sh!t could stay right there lol
    [/COLOR]I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  34. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,713
    Rep Power
    513545
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    89.72%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    I'm sure it will eventually go down but they're starting point is way to high. Once price goes down I'm sure they will get more customers. But for now that sh!t could stay right there lol

    Might depend on how much Eric's bail was.

    I kid, I kid. Glad PF is able to get back on their feet again.
  35. Elite Member
    halfhuman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,980
    Rep Power
    2069666
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    72.55%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by bioman View Post
    Might depend on how much Eric's bail was. I kid, I kid. Glad PF is able to get back on their feet again.
    That was funny. Good one.

    Let's see how long this lasts until he goes back to ph
    [/COLOR]I'm a Brooklyn boy I may take some gettin' use to
  36. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,697
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Jarrows is great I use their organic whey protein
  37. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    12,232
    Rep Power
    4582818
    Level
    91
    Lv. Percent
    32.78%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    how is it "much better" than Toco-8?
  38. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,550
    Rep Power
    1181615
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    88.13%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Jarrows is great I use their organic whey protein
    How much does that run
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  39. Banned
    JD261985's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,697
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    45
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    How much does that run
    25-30 bucks I believe
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Jarrow's Toco-Sorb
    By joebo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 05:04 PM
  2. Hair loss?
    By noob in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-13-2003, 04:16 PM
  3. hair loss
    By q-tip in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2003, 11:03 PM
  4. Sharing my 1-test experience (hair loss)
    By lm037 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-27-2002, 06:01 PM
  5. Hair Loss
    By Hammer in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-13-2002, 06:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in