HGH/sleep products

GageM

GageM

Awards
Hey everyone haven't been on here in a wile. I just had a question, it is really hard for me to fall asleep sometimes and I wake up at 4 for work. so I'm lucky to get 6 or 7 hours of sleep mon-fri. I was wondering about any of the sleep aids or hgh products. Would any specific ones help. I have tried powerfull before and loved it, but right now I am taking a serving of weight gainer before bed and most say not to take with carbs within an hr of taking product. Is their any that I can take with my gainer??

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm taking hghpro right now and am sleeping great. I feel groggy for a bit if I get less than 6 hours though

mpaquett

mpaquett

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just started a bottle of Lights Out that iForce sent me. It's to soon to comment on it yet though. Some of the products I've had good experience with are REM-PM which I took until last night when I started Lights Out. HGHPro and 3z from AI I also got some good sleep on. Why are you taking your weight gainer like that?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HGHup is another product you could look into.

AppJeff

AppJeff

Awards
HGHup is a great choice, another favorite of mine is Nimbus Poseidon NT ( Peach or Kiwi ) if you are tight on cash look into Lipotrophin PM.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Rem8.0 and gf-pm are great choices as well......

GageM

GageM

Awards
I just like to spread the weight gainer through the day to get some extra calories I eat my dinner less than an hr before bed.. and I take it then, so the ones that say not to have carbs within an hr of bed even if I don't take the weight gainer my dinner fits that description. but thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I was looking at the ai sports 3z cuz its dirt cheap,just to give it a try.

ampUP11

Awards
We recently just came out with ErgoZzz, a ZMA+Melatonin supp that helps with regulating your sleep cycle. I've been taking it the last few days about 30mins before bed and its lights out the moment I hit the mattress.

nutraplanet.com/product/ergogenix/ergozzz-90-caps.html

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
I have a hard time staying asleep...I find that iForce liGHts out and Finaflex G8 help a lot personally.

If money is a problem...Dopadex is rather cheap and deliciously effective when dosed pre-bed.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Finaflex G8 help a lot .
i concur :D

you just missed a great price we had on this stuff..still not too shabby now:

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/redefine-nutrition/finaflex-g8-20-servings.html

as for taking in carbs close to bed - understand OP, it's not just the "product" that will function less effectively due to this practice, it is your own gh production, period..carbs blunt gh release; ergo, you waste the product efficacy as well when you do this

not the best practice, what you do, if you are worried about gh production at bedtime

Celorza

Celorza

Awards

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/redefine-nutrition/finaflex-g8-20-servings.html

as for taking in carbs close to bed - understand OP, it's not just the "product" that will function less effectively due to this practice, it is your own gh production, period..carbs blunt gh release; ergo, you waste the product efficacy as well when you do this

not the best practice, what you do, if you are worried about gh production at bedtime
More recent research proves that if one is to have carbs at night, simple carbs are actually harmless and have a way of making the insulin spike "faster"...so it spikes up, and goes down "fast" enough to allow for a nice HGH release during bed.

I do not really buy into many of the Carb Backloading ideas, and think that carbs at night are reasonably harmless...but in the case of using a nighttime sleep aid, I concur with Snag that it is best to really keep carbs at least 2-3 hours away from bed time.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
^^ are you saying my research is dated, like me? :chairshot:

lol..huh, interesting, stuff changes all the time
meh, i will still never have significant carbs near bed - whether i am bulking or any other time for that matter
simply goes against my grain

carb backloading :rolleyes:
uhh, no
that is all

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Celorza

Celorza

Awards
^^ are you saying my research is dated, like me? :chairshot:

lol..huh, interesting, stuff changes all the time
meh, i will still never have significant carbs near bed - whether i am bulking or any other time for that matter
simply goes against my grain

carb backloading :rolleyes:
uhh, no
that is all
I just believe they are harmless, I do not buy into the whole "magical leaning effect". For me it's as easy as pie:

Surplus = Weight gain. Deficit = Weight Loss.

As for the HGH side of things...let's see I'm trying to dig up the other one I had arguing that high GI carbs spike insulin faster and let it go down in a more prompt manner to allow for the HGH release at night...like I said, only something that's proposed, not something I practice.

ragnar1199

ragnar1199

Awards
I had samples of 3Z and HGHpro from AI Sports. They both helped, but the HGHpro worked better. I took it about 40 minutes before I hit the sack, fell asleep shortly after, and woke up 6 hours later in the same exact position. Rolled over and went right back to sleep.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HGHup all 5 caps at night, IGF 2 are my favorite GH products.

Profion

Awards
I just bought Bulletproof from musclepharm! cant really say that much since i havent tried it yet. The reviews and people i have been talking to say that it really works great and that it knocks them out after 30-50minuts after drinking it. It lasts quite alot, and contains a sleep aid formula, hgh-hormone formula, and some amino acids = a great mixture of really effective stuff, the small amount of bcaa is really just a handy thing

Why not get some aminos in before your going cold turkey in the bed! cant wait to try it out, also i wanted something that was drinkable, for the sake of enjoying it before sleeping

UncleWade

UncleWade

Awards
  • Established
I have a hard time staying asleep...I find that [size=+2]iForce liGHts out[/size] and Finaflex G8 help a lot personally.

If money is a problem...Dopadex is rather cheap and deliciously effective when dosed pre-bed.
Thanks for mentioning us - LiGHts Out should be great for sleep with 5-HTP, L-Dopa, and a nice 100mg dose of Humanofort. Nutraplanet currently has an absolutely fantastic deal on the product, it's hard to believe that you can get it for $16.87. :eek:

Stacking LiGHts Out with a cheap staple like a ZMA product (most companies make one, including iForce and SNS) would be a killer cost effective sleep stack. The magnesium in ZMA should help potentiate deeper, longer, and more restful sleep when taken pre-bed, helping enhance overall sleep quality.

peter01

peter01

Awards
  • Established
I have a high calcium meal right before bed (cottage cheese and yogurt). I have always understood that the calcium will negate the zinc and mag in zma. Also, many sleep supps, including zma, need to be taken on an empty stomach. Is there any way around this?

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
I have a high calcium meal right before bed (cottage cheese and yogurt). I have always understood that the calcium will negate the zinc and mag in zma. Also, many sleep supps, including zma, need to be taken on an empty stomach. Is there any way around this?
yes
go to bed on empty stomach

:shrug:

the practice of eating immediately before bed, simply need not be practiced

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Bulking right now. So stomach is never empty.
i reiterate:

the practice of eating immediately before bed, simply need not be practiced
you ask if there was "any way around this" (supps required on empty stomach)

i have given you your answer

i'm bulking too currently (lean bulk) - you won't see me rushing to get in meal before bed

it's all in the approach..i get my 4k cals in, at appropriate and opportune timeframes

one of the great fallacies of this game of bodybuilding: gotta get that shake/meal in just before bed!

(followed in short order by: gotta wake up in the middle of the night to get that extra shake in!)

simply - no

:)

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
i reiterate:

you ask if there was "any way around this" (supps required on empty stomach)

i have given you your answer

i'm bulking too currently (lean bulk) - you won't see me rushing to get in meal before bed

it's all in the approach..i get my 4k cals in, at appropriate and opportune timeframes

one of the great fallacies of this game of bodybuilding: gotta get that shake/meal in just before bed!

(followed in short order by: gotta wake up in the middle of the night to get that extra shake in!)

simply - no

:)
Amen. Get your total needed calories of the day, in a manner you like and/or find convenient and don't stress over old dogma.

peter01

peter01

Awards
  • Established
Point taken. I'll try to switch things up a bit. Thanks bud

Now how will i know when my stomach's empty? Serious...

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Point taken. I'll try to switch things up a bit. Thanks bud

Now how will i know when my stomach's empty? Serious...
60-90min after you last eat ahould suffice
(90 is preferable)
cheers

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I took a sample and it knocked me out. Always wanted to pick up a tub

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
GF-PM is a great choice!!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established