Upcoming cut / stack advice.

kmkcomputing

Awards
Long time lurker here and BB. I will be cutting in March and was wondering which is the best way to approach it. Last cut I ran 10 weeks of E/C, decimate, and DCP for the first 4 weeks. The results were great and I leaned out a lot! I am currently doing a recomp/clean bulk that I started in December and will be starting another cut in March.

My diet is clean so no worries about that and my routine will have cardio and lifting 3-5 times per week. I want to minimize muscle loss, so what would be the best approach? I have another 10 weeks of EC on hand, DCP and Decimate. Should this be enough? I'm considering running alphamine and erase either before or after the 10 week EC run, but I want advice before buying them.

My stats:
26 years old, 193lbs (from 243, lowest 185) ~17% BF
i'd like to get between 180 and 185.

I have the staples covered (multi, omega3, creatine, etc) Thanks!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
One of the best combos out there EC, DCP and Decimate. Honestly keep using it and enjoy the ride, you could add extra PLCAR or Arachidonic Acid (plus the needed supplements to dose it efficiently) and make it a hardcore cut brother.

At what you are at...it doesn't get any better naturally...Unless you add Green Coffee Bean Extract ;)!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One of the best combos out there EC, DCP and Decimate. Honestly keep using it and enjoy the ride, you could add extra PLCAR or Arachidonic Acid (plus the needed supplements to dose it efficiently) and make it a hardcore cut brother.

At what you are at...it doesn't get any better naturally...Unless you add Green Coffee Bean Extract ;)!
I know you know your shi* so I'm not trying to argue with you. With that being said, haven't I seen people say that supplementing arachidonic acid isn't the best idea while in a caloric deficit (which he should be in considering he's cutting) because of the caused inflammation of the arachidonic acid?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know you know your shi* so I'm not trying to argue with you. With that being said, haven't I seen people say that supplementing arachidonic acid isn't the best idea while in a caloric deficit (which he should be in considering he's cutting) because of the caused inflammation of the arachidonic acid?
ArA is one of the best body composition supplements out there. You can use it on a cut, bulk, or recomp.

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Yeah that was a previous belief I had too...but Coop schooled me for it, and actually I am gonna start on monday to put the theory to the test myself. I do know it will work now, I just wanna be able to say I have tried it too...and since I am on a "cut" upon monday then..yeah it's convenient.

(I mean use ArA on a cut, I have used it before but on caloric surplus)

kmkcomputing

Awards
Thanks for the advice. I had been reading up on X-Factor lately so I'll pick it up and some Green Coffee Extract too. I forgot that wasn't in decimate. I'm excited now!

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
Thanks for the advice. I had been reading up on X-Factor lately so I'll pick it up and some Green Coffee Extract too. I forgot that wasn't in decimate. I'm excited now!
You want to dose:

-Arachidonic Acid at 1.5-2.5g
-GMS at 5-8g
-A carnitine salt (LCLT, ALCAR, PLCAR) @ 2g
-Optional would be to add Agmatine at 1g and Citrulline Malate at 6-9g and COP 2g

That, pre-workout with your EC dose...and yeah...Enjoy one of the best workouts ever brother :). Just don't dose Omega-3s while dosing Omega-6s (ArA) , and if you dose joint support (anti-inflammatory) , try to dose it at least 4-6 hours away from ArA (pro-inflammatory).

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You might want to hold off just a tad and look around ;) you may be able to get green coffee bean AND ArA from the same company soon...

- Valdez

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
You might want to hold off just a tad and look around ;) you may be able to get green coffee bean AND ArA from the same company soon...

- Valdez
You are such an X-Gel tease Vdeezy!

Dewey99

Dewey99

Awards
ArA is a great addition to a cut as mentioned.

Decimate does contain Green Coffee Extract, but not in an efficacious dose. If you add a 400mg GCB product such as the one from SNS, I would take one cap before each of your two largest meals of the day in addition to your three doses of Decimate. That would give you 1.4 grams of GCB each day. You could even go a little higher if you want.

From a training standpoint, I would do as much fasted cardio as possible and wait for a couple hours afterwards until you eat to take advantage of the fat burning. To spare muscle, I would advise a healthy dose of Leucine (10 grams or so) before any fasted lifting.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah that was a previous belief I had too...but Coop schooled me for it, and actually I am gonna start on monday to put the theory to the test myself. I do know it will work now, I just wanna be able to say I have tried it too...and since I am on a "cut" upon monday then..yeah it's convenient.

(I mean use ArA on a cut, I have used it before but on caloric surplus)
Thanks for clearing that up for me bro, you have the link to the thread he dropped the info bomb on you? Interested in reading that.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just thought I would drop by to say ArA on a cut can be very effective. I would use it at the onset of your cut and not drop calories too low/fast as I always see great body comp changes on ArA when at maintenance/slightly below. DOMS will increase though so be prepared for that on a lowered caloric intake. :thumbsup:

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thanks for clearing that up for me bro, you have the link to the thread he dropped the info bomb on you? Interested in reading that.
In essence:

"Recovery" is hampered on a cut due to reduced caloric but particularly carbohydrate intake. This can result in sub-optimal muscle glycogen. This is a very different phenomenon from how ArA can induce inflammation in muscle tissue. There is no real overlap between ArA-induced DOMS and reduced glycogen stores.

There is also decent en vitro data showing ArA can aid with fat loss and insulin sensitivity.