All day energy - AnabolicMinds.com

All day energy

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    SpongeTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    92
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    3024

    All day energy


    Hi all,
    Just a quick one... Keen on thoughts for any all day energy supps are worth looking at. I'm finding myself to be lacking energy during the day, which in turn effects my focus. I get 6-8 hours sleep per night, but with my travel schedule for work it isn't always consistent and perfect - and there's not much I can do about that at the moment.

    Coffee just doesn't seem to do it for me any more, in fact it sometimes seems to make me more sleepy (is that even possible lol).

    Would appreciate any thoughts. I do understand that nothing beats a quality and full nights sleep, but unfortunately that isn't always possible.

    Cheers!

  2. Advanced Member
    thedarce's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  179 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    727
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    349897

    dont want to sound like a shill, but honestly a dexaprine pill gives me hours of energy. i easily can consume 600-900mg of caffeine a day, but i've noticed when i substitute early morning caffeine with dexaprine, i dont consume that much caffeine yet still have energy to get through the day.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/iForce-Nutrition/107510095952360
    iTrain...iCompete...iDarce!
  3. New Member
    SpongeTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    92
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    3024

    Cheers mate! Will have a look into it.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    ka0tik's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    146
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    364

    you gained a tolerance that will (if it has not already) lead to adrenal shutdown. your best bet is to lay off all stims for a few days, or at least cut back on them and then up the dosage again. do mini cycles 3 on 1 off, 5 on 2 off, etc

    btw, stick to coffee or tea. its much healthier.
  5. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,473
    Answers
    12
    Rep Power
    5966600

    Quote Originally Posted by ka0tik View Post
    you gained a tolerance that will (if it has not already) lead to adrenal shutdown. your best bet is to lay off all stims for a few days, or at least cut back on them and then up the dosage again. do mini cycles 3 on 1 off, 5 on 2 off, etc

    btw, stick to coffee or tea. its much healthier.
    Why would he get Addison's disease from a tolerance to stimulants? Tolerance implies the need for a higher dose to get equivalent effects due to homeostatic compensation: in this case, receptor downregulation. His adrenals will be perfectly fine.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  6. New Member
    SpongeTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    92
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    3024

    Quote Originally Posted by ka0tik View Post
    you gained a tolerance that will (if it has not already) lead to adrenal shutdown. your best bet is to lay off all stims for a few days, or at least cut back on them and then up the dosage again. do mini cycles 3 on 1 off, 5 on 2 off, etc

    btw, stick to coffee or tea. its much healthier.
    Thanks for your reply. Coming off the Christmas break, I only had a coffee every 2nd or 3rd day. I guess this probably doesnt count as a "break"?

    Would something like Revamp help me out? (sorry cant post a link with my post count)

    This probably sounds silly... but is there something for energy that is stim free perhaps? Im ultimately talking mental energy here.
  7. New Member
    TyMan14's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    167
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    124579

    Revamp works very well. I use 2 caps during a stim break and 1 cap while on stims to keep my tolerance down. I would also suggest a break from the stimulants. For mental things, I like ALCAR a lot for focus if that's what you're looking for. Haven't used focus xt or anything like a lot recommend, but I'm sure someone will come in and give you better suggestions.
  8. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,438
    Answers
    1
    Rep Power
    2612250

    i hear this statement all the time. could there be a low test situation?
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  9. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,235
    Answers
    5
    Rep Power
    2276984

    I took a dexaprine sample a while back and had all day energy
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  10. Elite Member
    hvactech's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,438
    Answers
    1
    Rep Power
    2612250

    or s&k, if joan rivers promotes it you know its good
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  11. New Member
    SpongeTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    92
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    3024

    Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    i hear this statement all the time. could there be a low test situation?
    Interesting you mentioned that. My libido isn't exactly high these days. Perhaps there is something there...
  12. New Member
    ka0tik's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    146
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    364

    Quote Originally Posted by SpongeTom View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Coming off the Christmas break, I only had a coffee every 2nd or 3rd day. I guess this probably doesnt count as a "break"?

    Would something like Revamp help me out? (sorry cant post a link with my post count)

    This probably sounds silly... but is there something for energy that is stim free perhaps? Im ultimately talking mental energy here.
    yea revamp would work. i would just stick to b complex (especially b12). beta alanine has a caffeine like effect
  13. New Member
    ka0tik's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    146
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    364

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Why would he get Addison's disease from a tolerance to stimulants? Tolerance implies the need for a higher dose to get equivalent effects due to homeostatic compensation: in this case, receptor downregulation. His adrenals will be perfectly fine.
    i agree with the definition of tolerance, especially in this case leading to receptor downregulation, but where do you draw the line that too much is too much. i would consider 600 mg's a day of caffeine to be on the high side and anything above that too much.

    overuse of stimulants is common and can cause adrenal shutdown in anybody. addison's disease is a rare disease that does involve adrenal shutdown. its generally an auto immune disease or caused by an infection. adrenal shutdown does not equate to addisons disease. i dont think you could strain your adrenal glands enough to get addison's disease.
  14. Elite Member
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,181
    Answers
    16
    Rep Power
    3319955

    Quote Originally Posted by ka0tik View Post
    i agree with the definition of tolerance, especially in this case leading to receptor downregulation, but where do you draw the line that too much is too much. i would consider 600 mg's a day of caffeine to be on the high side and anything above that too much.

    overuse of stimulants is common and can cause adrenal shutdown in anybody. addison's disease is a rare disease that does involve adrenal shutdown. its generally an auto immune disease or caused by an infection. adrenal shutdown does not equate to addisons disease. i dont think you could strain your adrenal glands enough to get addison's disease.
    I'm under the impression that 'adrenal fatigue' is a myth rather than a medical term
  15. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    767474

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332
    I took a dexaprine sample a while back and had all day energy
    dexaprine keeps me going easily for a 12 hour night shift.
  16. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    767474

    Quote Originally Posted by ka0tik

    yea revamp would work. i would just stick to b complex (especially b12). beta alanine has a caffeine like effect
    Caffeine effect from beta alanine? Rele?
  17. Elite Member
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    2428707

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    I'm under the impression that 'adrenal fatigue' is a myth rather than a medical term
    It is.

    As far as all day energy...well nothing like 3x doses of EC stack every 3-4 hours...lets say he starts his day (and dose) at 8am, dosing every 4 hours the energy will be there until 8-10pm .

    Now for a more domestic approach he could also try Focus-XT and Gluconolactone much easier on people that are not that stim tolerant, but still want some good energy and focus !
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  18. New Member
    dcne02's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    218
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    331

    All day energy


    Modafinil
  19. Senior Member
    R3ACTION's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,288
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    3773474

    Have you guys ever used Rhodiola root?
    "Dynamic Trio's Superior Third"
  20. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,349
    Answers
    10
    Rep Power
    1173478

    Rhodiola Rosea

    I've had this part of my daily for the last couple years and it is nothing short of amazing. It not only helps with general energy, but it's great for stress and helps keep you clear. Don't look for a caffeine buzz, but rather a simple clear energy that just makes it feel like you are really rested.

    3:1 ratio and you'll need to tweak the dosage. Anything about 250mg a dose is too much for me making me a little hyper. I take 225mg twice a day.
  21. Professional Member
    VaughnTrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,912
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1018909

    Dexaprine = for the win.

    It utilizes both short and long half life stimulants to give you constant energy over an 8-12 hour period. Nothing like it on the market!
  22. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,972
    Answers
    13
    Rep Power
    4429370

    Alphamine. kicks in right away with morning dose. I dosed one scoop upon waking and was alert practically right away. Then taking another scoop later in the day, then "if"needed another scoop later. And the taste is amazing.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  23. Elite Member
    BPjohn123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,956
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    7039438

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne
    Alphamine. kicks in right away with morning dose. I dosed one scoop upon waking and was alert practically right away. Then taking another scoop later in the day, then "if"needed another scoop later. And the taste is amazing.
    ^^ this, must have supplement
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider
  24. Senior Member
    domore's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,922
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    966231

    I really enjoy Clearshot. I'm looking forward to AppNut Uncut, too.

    Edit: And FXT
    EvoMuse
  25. Registered User
    motiv8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,184
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    26293

    I love this product as a natural adaptogen and would love to see it used more...

    Quote Originally Posted by R3ACTION View Post
    Have you guys ever used Rhodiola root?
  26. Professional Member
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,349
    Answers
    10
    Rep Power
    1173478

    Companies are starting to catch on because you can find it in more and more products. I remember when I first started taking it, nobody knew what I was talking about and now my local vitamin places carry upwards of 10 brands.
  27. Advanced Member
    malleus25's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    30
    Posts
    670
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    25501

    AgeForce 10 hour energy patch, Loved it.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!"-me





  28. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,713
    Answers
    6
    Rep Power
    10751378

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Alphamine. kicks in right away with morning dose. I dosed one scoop upon waking and was alert practically right away. Then taking another scoop later in the day, then "if"needed another scoop later. And the taste is amazing.
    i haven't tried it yet.......but i want too.


    op, i have no dog in this race but the reviews on alphamine have been stellar...sometimes reviews can be embellished, but i have talked with several people in pm's who tell me this stuff rocks!!!
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  29. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,972
    Answers
    13
    Rep Power
    4429370

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post

    i haven't tried it yet.......but i want too.

    op, i have no dog in this race but the reviews on alphamine have been stellar...sometimes reviews can be embellished, but i have talked with several people in pm's who tell me this stuff rocks!!!
    Yes alphamine is too good not to try. I recommend everyone to at least give it a try. If not satisfied I'd be very suprised.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  30. Senior Member
    R3ACTION's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,288
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    3773474

    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post

    Yes alphamine is too good not to try. I recommend everyone to at least give it a try. If not satisfied I'd be very suprised.
    Only try it if your willing to have a new addiction!
    "Dynamic Trio's Superior Third"
  31. Elite Member
    kbayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,972
    Answers
    13
    Rep Power
    4429370

    Quote Originally Posted by R3ACTION View Post

    Only try it if your willing to have a new addiction!
    True that haha.
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  32. New Member
    SpongeTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    92
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    3024

    Thanks for the suggestions! I'd be keen to know if any Aussies on here have gotten Alphamine into the country?

    I'll read some reviews of it for sure!

    That root mentioned also sounds interesting.
  33. Senior Member
    R3ACTION's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,288
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    3773474

    Quote Originally Posted by SpongeTom View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'd be keen to know if any Aussies on here have gotten Alphamine into the country?

    I'll read some reviews of it for sure!

    That root mentioned also sounds interesting.
    Its an awesome botanical alternative. I've really enjoyed it in the past. That and Alphamine you'd be unstoppable!
    "Dynamic Trio's Superior Third"
  34. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,473
    Answers
    12
    Rep Power
    5966600

    For really sustained energy:

    Dexaprine
    Focus XT
    Alphamine
    SAN Tight Xtreme Reloaded (old version)
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  35. Senior Member
    R3ACTION's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,288
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    3773474

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    For really sustained energy:

    Dexaprine
    Focus XT
    Alphamine
    SAN Tight Xtreme Reloaded (old version)
    I'm very interested in the focus xt after everything I've heard about it lately. Gonna have to pick some up.
    "Dynamic Trio's Superior Third"
  36. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,713
    Answers
    6
    Rep Power
    10751378

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    For really sustained energy:

    Dexaprine
    Focus XT
    Alphamine
    SAN Tight Xtreme Reloaded (old version)
    damn....that would even get my old ass up and going!!!
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  37. Professional Member
    VaughnTrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,912
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    1018909

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    damn....that would even get my old ass up and going!!!
    all at once? i think it'd get your old ass a heart attack LOL


    jk on the "old ass"
  38. Diamond Member
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,713
    Answers
    6
    Rep Power
    10751378

    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    all at once? i think it'd get your old ass a heart attack LOL


    jk on the "old ass"
    lol...it definately would give it a jump start!!!!
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  39. Registered User
    motiv8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,184
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    26293

    Quote Originally Posted by R3ACTION View Post
    I'm very interested in the focus xt after everything I've heard about it lately. Gonna have to pick some up.
    I love focus xt. I was a beta tester to it years ago....love anything with lots of alcar!
  40. Registered User
    motiv8er's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,184
    Answers
    0
    Rep Power
    26293

    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    all at once? i think it'd get your old ass a heart attack LOL


    jk on the "old ass"
    HAHA exactly. My BP went up from just reading the list...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Whats a good supp for all day energy?
    By kbtoy31 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-16-2008, 10:59 AM
  2. LOve this all day
    By alguard in forum Recipes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 05:43 PM
  3. All Day Energy Supplement / mass retention
    By Aceer1221 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 03:14 PM
  4. All Whey All Day Diet????
    By charliewat in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 12:27 PM
  5. SUPER SUPER high volume?? WO all day?
    By DieTrying in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-06-2005, 10:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in