Best Postworkout protein???

  1. Best Postworkout protein???


    I've been taking Progenex Recovery protein for 3 months and I like it, it does what it says and helps me recover very well... but the down side is it's 27 grams of protein per serving. what's the best brand and type of protein for building mass yet recovering?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by CFCP0728 View Post
    I've been taking Progenex Recovery protein for 3 months and I like it, it does what it says and helps me recover very well... but the down side is it's 27 grams of protein per serving. what's the best brand and type of protein for building mass yet recovering?
    Building mass = recovering..... As long as its fast digesting ( not milk/casein) it doesn't matter. Take your 27 grams with some fast carbs directly after your workout. Then get another 25 or so grams from chicken or beef in a post workout meal.

  3. Meal timing does not matter just so you know. Any type of protein would be sufficient to take in after workouts.
    [​Team VPX sports]
    •   
       


  4. I always like a blend of proteins.. I personally use 1.5 scoops vanilla mint protean, with 1/2 cup cottage cheese blended in.. YUM

  5. Recover-D is my fav! It has a real nice profile. Gluton free, Whey/casein, 9 grams glutamine, 5 grams bcaa's. The Flavor is Magical. If I can help with a sample pm me

  6. Quote Originally Posted by msrider View Post
    Recover-D is my fav! It has a real nice profile. Gluton free, Whey/casein, 9 grams glutamine, 5 grams bcaa's. The Flavor is Magical. If I can help with a sample pm me
    Couldn't agree more
    TEAM GET DIESEL

    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

  7. Recover-D is a protein made by NLA.

    I'm not affiliated with them. This protein tastes great and has a good profile. Just recently switched from Jay Robb to this.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Nugget5 View Post
    Meal timing does not matter just so you know. Any type of protein would be sufficient to take in after workouts.
    ^^This.

    Just eat or drink whatever protein you like most after your lift.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    Couldn't agree more
    Do you know when NP will carry Recover-D?

  10. Try the Lion Diet which I formulated after arduous weeks spent watching BigCat Diaries on Discovery. My irrefutable scientific reasoning: Lions are strong, and they're cut. They lay around bro-ing out all day, sleeping, swatting at their offspring pretty much doing nothing. When they get hungry they have to push their body to the limit and then they immediately feast on copious amounts of an animal protein source. Never saw a lion drinking a protein shake through 8 seasons.

    A quick google search just showed me that some guy is already pushing something called the lion diet, but staying true to my Lion Diet protocols there is no way I'm actually going to read about it. Hopefully he is also a fan of the show.


    Seriously though, when I traded protein shakes post workout for whole food soucres like:
    - 3 crispy tacos at chipotle or qdoba
    - grilled salmon, steak, pork at any restaurant
    - super clean chicken and broccoli at home
    - 4 servings traditional greek yogurt (with fat)
    - 6 eggs scrambled with REAL cheese
    - even true fast food like a triple steakburger or spicy chicken caesar salad
    ...you get the idea

    My strength, recovery, appearance, and mental agility greatly improved. I don't have any studies and it might not work for everyone but it has been the most significant change I've ever made. The data will probably point to whey isolate, I dunno....but I think that's because agri co-ops don't need to make a market for their product by sponsoring studies on the ergogenic effects of chicken breast or ground beef.



    TL;DR 1 vote for whole food protein post workout (and at all times if possible)

  11. NLA performance recover-d is some good stuff!great profile and taste great too!
    SERIOUS NUTRITION SOLUTIONS
    mack @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    "Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time"

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Mack411 View Post
    NLA performance recover-d is some good stuff!great profile and taste great too!
    Thank you Mack! Love me some Recover-D!

  13. Yum recover d
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Mack411
    NLA performance recover-d is some good stuff!great profile and taste great too!
    I enjoyed it, but based on servings per tub, makes more sense for me to buy others.
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider

  15. Quote Originally Posted by BPjohn123 View Post

    I enjoyed it, but based on servings per tub, makes more sense for me to buy others.
    Understand brotha. Were a few months out from having a much bigger tub. Can't wait!

  16. Quote Originally Posted by msrider

    Understand brotha. Were a few months out from having a much bigger tub. Can't wait!
    Nice,

    Also let me know if you guys plan to sell in Canada
    PES REPRESENTATIVE
    pescience.com
    http://pescience.com/insider

  17. Quote Originally Posted by BPjohn123 View Post

    Nice,

    Also let me know if you guys plan to sell in Canada
    Will do Brotha!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. best tasting protein drink!
    By Sanosuke in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-11-2007, 01:18 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2006, 03:59 PM
  3. Which is the best MRP/protein bar on the market?
    By jjohn in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 02:49 PM
  4. What is the best portable protein that's real food?
    By baham99 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-02-2004, 04:38 PM
  5. Best Priced Protein
    By MF210 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 06:18 PM
Log in
Log in