Stack Reference Thread

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

1. Nice list. I already have a number of these as staples and have dabbled with the others from time to time. With regards to the Agmatine, I know it can be expensive, but I found 2-2.5g taken daily was much better (i did this daily for over 6 months).

2. so cool.

i wonder if there are applications in restoring gut flora after courses of antibiotics, perhaps nestled inside of time-release probiotic caps...
    anybody?
    •   

3. low-dose melatonin is smart.

read this at another site (can i post the name?)
    Strength athletes who believe in the positive effect of the GH peak, could experiment with melatonin supplementation before working out. Low-dose melatonin supplements containing 0.1 mg melatonin per tablet are available in every drug store. Five of these should make up an effective dose. If you take them during the day you shouldn’t have problems with sleepiness: the dose is too light for that.You could combine melatonin with a mild stimulant, such as caffeine. This not only helps combat sleepiness, but may also boost the effect of the melatonin supplement on the growth hormone peak. One theory is that melatonin stimulates growth hormone secretion by stimulating the secretion of the hormone GHRH. You can increase the manufacture of GHRH during exercise through central alpha-1 and alpha-2 adrenergic stimulation. Read: by using mild stimulants such as caffeine.

4. oh, and one more thing.

some people feel wired with tmg, and so elect to take it earlier in the day.
    does not seem to affect most people, and i am not sure why, but someone on this forum likely does know...?

5. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    No, but the astaxanthin does have other benefits

I did a youtube video a long time ago on Astaxanthin. It can be seen on my page FITFABAND40 - if interested

MFT
    •   

6. Stack Reference Thread

Why dose PLCAR and ALCAR separate? I usually took them together.

7. I checked out this post via the AM newsletter. I thought the stacks would be more of what I'm used to, lol. None of these stacks I recognize or really understand. Truthfully, if I add one more supplement to my day, I don't think I'll have time to do anything but take pills haha.

BUT .... having said that ...... I'm just about finished with a relatively non-successful LeCheeck stack. So I'm looking for a new stack to hopeful a) get leaner and b) build muscle. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any input!
    MFT

8. What is TMG? What does it do?

9. Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    What is TMG? What does it do?
    Trimethylglycine aka Betaine Anhydrous.

Betaine As An Ergogenic Aid

10. Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    If you dose them together they counteract eachother for absorption reasons. I would dose alcar pre workout then plcar either in AM or PM.
    PEScience Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    Instagram: kylebayne23

11. Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    If you dose them together they counteract eachother for absorption reasons. I would dose alcar pre workout then plcar either in AM or PM.
    Yes, there has been some evidence (in CFS patients, mind you) that they competitively inhibit one another.

I, on the other hand, like ALCAR in the morning (or before a high carbohydrate meal w/ Na-R-Ala & Agmatine) and PLCAR preworkout. To each his own. I do like two grams of ALCAR (on an empty stomach) before studying, reading, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ricroc View Post
    What is TMG? What does it do?
    Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Trimethylglycine aka Betaine Anhydrous.

Betaine As An Ergogenic Aid
    Thanks, bolt. This is a good thread, ricroc. Also, do a search for member, ZiR Red. He completed his doctoral dissertation on TMG (Betaine Anhydrous).

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFitTrainer View Post
    I checked out this post via the AM newsletter. I thought the stacks would be more of what I'm used to, lol. None of these stacks I recognize or really understand. Truthfully, if I add one more supplement to my day, I don't think I'll have time to do anything but take pills haha.

BUT .... having said that ...... I'm just about finished with a relatively non-successful LeCheeck stack. So I'm looking for a new stack to hopeful a) get leaner and b) build muscle. Any recommendations?

MFT
    This thread is providing information on a variety of different supplement protocols with efficacious doses. This lends to the idea of buying supplements in bulk to reach desired doses and timings. I'm not taking each of these because it would be cumbersome, expensive, and, most likely, unwarranted.

If you are looking to build muscle/get lean, look into the supplements under the "Ergogen Stack." A stack of creatine monohydrate, beta-alanine, caffeine, and alcar would be a nice stack.

12. Thanks for starting this thread, lot of good information being posted

13. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    I've been taking 200mcg, so I may move down to 100mcg because I do have a pretty well-rounded diet. I've talked with ZiR Red about his TMG research, and his research is pretty convincing. Should dosing be AM/PM for NAC and SAMe?

Oh, you are your unreleased sku's

I just threw the krill oil on their for it's other potential benefits (i.e. astaxanthin). If someone were to choose one or the other, he should choose fish oil simply because of the levels of the most important components of Omega 3 fatty acids. One won't get much from 53mg EPA/37mg DHA.

How about astaxanthin by itself? (sans the krill oil)

I'll add GTE to the list. Dose/timing?
    One of the major benefits of krill oil is that the astaxanthin prevents lipid peroxidation of epa/dha (which are very prone to such). So I would really only take it via krill oil.

I like 750mg EGCG daily, split into 250mg doses (one before each meal).

14. Quote Originally Posted by MaxFitTrainer View Post
    I checked out this post via the AM newsletter. I thought the stacks would be more of what I'm used to, lol. None of these stacks I recognize or really understand. Truthfully, if I add one more supplement to my day, I don't think I'll have time to do anything but take pills haha.

MFT
    Start here: How to Construct a Basic Supplement Stack

15. Quote Originally Posted by jin View Post
    so cool.

i wonder if there are applications in restoring gut flora after courses of antibiotics, perhaps nestled inside of time-release probiotic caps...
    anybody?
    Yes, but the issue is that antibiotics wipe out tens of billions of gut probiotics. A few pills won't fix the issue, but continued use will.

16. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post
    I've been taking 200mcg, so I may move down to 100mcg because I do have a pretty well-rounded diet. I've talked with ZiR Red about his TMG research, and his research is pretty convincing. Should dosing be AM/PM for NAC and SAMe?

Oh, you are your unreleased sku's

I just threw the krill oil on their for it's other potential benefits (i.e. astaxanthin). If someone were to choose one or the other, he should choose fish oil simply because of the levels of the most important components of Omega 3 fatty acids. One won't get much from 53mg EPA/37mg DHA.

How about astaxanthin by itself? (sans the krill oil)

I'll add GTE to the list. Dose/timing?
    NAC and SAMe can be AM/PM. NAC preworkout has evidence for two things (at ~600MG):

1. Pro-oxidation
    2. Performance enhancement

The latter effect is odd given what NAC may due to respiration, but I'd say a preworkout dose is worth trying.

17. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    One of the major benefits of krill oil is that the astaxanthin prevents lipid peroxidation of epa/dha (which are very prone to such). So I would really only take it via krill oil.

I like 750mg EGCG daily, split into 250mg doses (one before each meal).
    Good deal. I've started taking Haleo's AquaRed. It is my first time supplementing with krill oil, and I figured this would be a good product since it has both krill and fish oil.

I'll edit the thread for GTE.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    YES! I forgot about your thread. Definitely start here.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Yes, but the issue is that antibiotics wipe out tens of billions of gut probiotics. A few pills won't fix the issue, but continued use will.
    I don't know if you have seen his blog, but here is a pretty neat article by ZiR Red on probiotics.

http://jasoncholewa.com/2012/07/22/c...d-performance/

18. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    NAC and SAMe can be AM/PM. NAC preworkout has evidence for two things (at ~600MG):

1. Pro-oxidation
    2. Performance enhancement

The latter effect is odd given what NAC may due to respiration, but I'd say a preworkout dose is worth trying.
    That was one thing I was always curious about C-Bol, the 600mg dose of NAC preworkout.
  19. Re: Stack Reference Thread

I remember reading about melatonin in this thread; be careful taking melatonin, everything I've read suggests it negatively effects testosterone.

- Valdez
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

20. Subbed great thread. Also domore, which cofactor b complex do you suggest?

21. Quote Originally Posted by koi1214 View Post
    Subbed great thread. Also domore, which cofactor b complex do you suggest?
    Go for Jarrow B-Right. It is cheaper than most, but still hits most of the co-factors. Swanson also has a great one for around $18, though.

22. Jarrow B-Right®

Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 1 Capsule
    Servings per Container: 100

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
    Vitamin B1 (as thiamine mononitrate) 25 mg 1,667%
    Vitamin B2 (as riboflavin) 25 mg 1,470%
    Vitamin B3 (as niacin) 25 mg 125%
    Vitamin B3 (as niacinamide) 100 mg 500%
    Vitamin B5 (as calcium D-pantothenate) 100 mg 1,000%
    Pantethine (vitamin B5 derivative) 25 mg *
    Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl) 25 mg 1,250%
    Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5-phosphate) 10 mg 500%
    Folate (from folic acid and Quatrefolic® (6S)-5-methyl-tetrahydrofolic acid glucosamine salt) 400 mcg 100%
    Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin) 100 mcg 1,667%
    Biotin 300 mcg 100%
    Choline (as choline bitartrate) 50 mg *
    Inositol 50 mg *
    PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid) 30 mg *
    *Daily value not established.

23. Quote Originally Posted by Valdez View Post
    I remember reading about melatonin in this thread; be careful taking melatonin, everything I've read suggests it negatively effects testosterone.

- Valdez
    Do you have the studies on hand? I'm curious to what doses were used in those studies.

24. Quote Originally Posted by domore View Post

Go for Jarrow B-Right. It is cheaper than most, but still hits most of the co-factors. Swanson also has a great one for around $18, though.
    This the one I take only one per day. How many caps would u take a day of B right ? Thanks

25. Quote Originally Posted by squatting View Post
    This the one I take only one per day. How many caps would u take a day of B right ? Thanks
    I do 3-4 (evenly spaced) per day based on the recommendation of Dr. Dana Houser.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Pro-Hormones and Hair-Loss - The Reference Thread
    By BodyWizard in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 07:04 PM
  2. 1-test/4-ad -- The Reference Point Thread
    By Strateg0s in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 01:57 AM
  3. M1T -- The Reference Point Thread
    By Strateg0s in forum Anabolics