NOW Carbo Gain... Extremelly confused?

  1. NOW Carbo Gain... Extremelly confused?


    So I purchased this and I am just mind blown and completely confused...

    Description reads:

    NOW Carbo Gain is a 100% pure maltodextrin, an easily digestible complex carbohydrate derived from corn. Maltodextrin contains glucose polymers , linked sugar compounds that are easier for the body to assimilate and use. Glucose polymers are metabolized at a slow, steady rate that can help to sustain energy levels during endurance oriented workouts and/or athletic events and support weight gain. Carbo Gain contains virtually no protein, fat or fiber and is a convenient source of energy for active individuals.* Look to NOW for all of your high quality sports supplement needs.
    Ok... so 100% pure Maltodextrin, cool. Malto as far as I know is a simple Carb, correct? Easy and quick absorption. So, why does the label read "100% Complex Carbohydrate" ?

    Absolutely lost here. Is it simple... is malto... is it complex... does it work for carb backloading... wth?
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html


  2. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    So I purchased this and I am just mind blown and completely confused...

    Description reads:

    Ok... so 100% pure Maltodextrin, cool. Malto as far as I know is a simple Carb, correct? Easy and quick absorption. So, why does the label read "100% Complex Carbohydrate" ?

    Absolutely lost here. Is it simple... is malto... is it complex... does it work for carb backloading... wth?
    Technically, yes maltodexterin is a complex-carb given its structure. However, it's GI rating is higher than dextrose or sugar. It will work fine for backloading. I just hope your stomach can handle it, sits in mine like a rock.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    So I purchased this and I am just mind blown and completely confused...

    Description reads:

    Ok... so 100% pure Maltodextrin, cool. Malto as far as I know is a simple Carb, correct? Easy and quick absorption. So, why does the label read "100% Complex Carbohydrate" ?

    Absolutely lost here. Is it simple... is malto... is it complex... does it work for carb backloading... wth?
    Mailto is a high GI complex carb. If you want a simple carb go with dextrose or maybe waxy maize

  4. Mine mixed horribly and clumped.

  5. I'm hit or miss with malto..

    waxy maize on the other hand straight up sucks

    I wish I had some now though, been sick the last few days and today is the first day I've eatin since Sunday morning. quite depleted
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    Absolutely lost here.
    welcome to advertising in the industry.

  7. Alright, got it... I was really confused there for a bit haha, unsure if I had just made a completely wrong purchase or if it was straight up just ridiculous advertising.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

  8. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    Alright, got it... I was really confused there for a bit haha, unsure if I had just made a completely wrong purchase or if it was straight up just ridiculous advertising.
    The information on the label is completely correct. The confusion comes from the erroneous interchangeable use of high-GI equals simple carbs and dextrose/maltodextrin.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  9. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    The information on the label is completely correct. The confusion comes from the erroneous interchangeable use of high-GI equals simple carbs and dextrose/maltodextrin.
    I 100% had that thought process. Learn something new everyday.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

  10. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    So I purchased this and I am just mind blown and completely confused...

    Description reads:

    Ok... so 100% pure Maltodextrin, cool. Malto as far as I know is a simple Carb, correct? Easy and quick absorption. So, why does the label read "100% Complex Carbohydrate" ?

    Absolutely lost here. Is it simple... is malto... is it complex... does it work for carb backloading... wth?
    It would only be considered a "complex" carb because of its source, corn. Corn has a low glycemic index as which it falls in the slower digesting carb categories.

    However, the NOW Carbo Gain is not intended to be used soley as a "mass gainer" supplement. For better results its recommended to add a serving to your protein powders or intra-workout. You could also use it for carb backloading or after a workout to replenish depleted glycogen stores.

    Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by WPChickDiesel View Post
    It would only be considered a "complex" carb because of its source, corn. Corn has a low glycemic index as which it falls in the slower digesting carb categories.

    However, the NOW Carbo Gain is not intended to be used soley as a "mass gainer" supplement. For better results its recommended to add a serving to your protein powders or intra-workout. You could also use it for carb backloading or after a workout to replenish depleted glycogen stores.

    Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    The GI of corn is different from the GI of maltodextrin.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys


  12. I am using it to spike insulin after workout, as an addition to my protein shake, so as I understand it will do the trick just fine.

    Thanks for the feedback everyone.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  

  
 

Log in
Log in