NOW Carbo Gain... Extremelly confused?

1. NOW Carbo Gain... Extremelly confused?

So I purchased this and I am just mind blown and completely confused...

Description reads:

NOW Carbo Gain is a 100% pure maltodextrin, an easily digestible complex carbohydrate derived from corn. Maltodextrin contains glucose polymers , linked sugar compounds that are easier for the body to assimilate and use. Glucose polymers are metabolized at a slow, steady rate that can help to sustain energy levels during endurance oriented workouts and/or athletic events and support weight gain. Carbo Gain contains virtually no protein, fat or fiber and is a convenient source of energy for active individuals.* Look to NOW for all of your high quality sports supplement needs.
    Ok... so 100% pure Maltodextrin, cool. Malto as far as I know is a simple Carb, correct? Easy and quick absorption. So, why does the label read "100% Complex Carbohydrate" ?

Absolutely lost here. Is it simple... is malto... is it complex... does it work for carb backloading... wth?
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

2. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post

Description reads:

Ok... so 100% pure Maltodextrin, cool. Malto as far as I know is a simple Carb, correct? Easy and quick absorption. So, why does the label read "100% Complex Carbohydrate" ?

Absolutely lost here. Is it simple... is malto... is it complex... does it work for carb backloading... wth?
    Technically, yes maltodexterin is a complex-carb given its structure. However, it's GI rating is higher than dextrose or sugar. It will work fine for backloading. I just hope your stomach can handle it, sits in mine like a rock.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

3. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post

Description reads:

Mailto is a high GI complex carb. If you want a simple carb go with dextrose or maybe waxy maize
    •   

4. Mine mixed horribly and clumped.

5. I'm hit or miss with malto..

waxy maize on the other hand straight up sucks

I wish I had some now though, been sick the last few days and today is the first day I've eatin since Sunday morning. quite depleted
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

6. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    Absolutely lost here.
    welcome to advertising in the industry.

7. Alright, got it... I was really confused there for a bit haha, unsure if I had just made a completely wrong purchase or if it was straight up just ridiculous advertising.

8. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    Alright, got it... I was really confused there for a bit haha, unsure if I had just made a completely wrong purchase or if it was straight up just ridiculous advertising.
    The information on the label is completely correct. The confusion comes from the erroneous interchangeable use of high-GI equals simple carbs and dextrose/maltodextrin.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    The information on the label is completely correct. The confusion comes from the erroneous interchangeable use of high-GI equals simple carbs and dextrose/maltodextrin.
    I 100% had that thought process. Learn something new everyday.

10. Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post

Description reads:

It would only be considered a "complex" carb because of its source, corn. Corn has a low glycemic index as which it falls in the slower digesting carb categories.

However, the NOW Carbo Gain is not intended to be used soley as a "mass gainer" supplement. For better results its recommended to add a serving to your protein powders or intra-workout. You could also use it for carb backloading or after a workout to replenish depleted glycogen stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor

11. Quote Originally Posted by WPChickDiesel View Post
    It would only be considered a "complex" carb because of its source, corn. Corn has a low glycemic index as which it falls in the slower digesting carb categories.

However, the NOW Carbo Gain is not intended to be used soley as a "mass gainer" supplement. For better results its recommended to add a serving to your protein powders or intra-workout. You could also use it for carb backloading or after a workout to replenish depleted glycogen stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    The GI of corn is different from the GI of maltodextrin.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

12. I am using it to spike insulin after workout, as an addition to my protein shake, so as I understand it will do the trick just fine.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.