Best protein

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    dkgreene88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,923
    Answers
    0

    Best protein


    Looking for a new protein to try. What would you guys recommend? Best taste, best price, most protein, etc?


    Thanks
    Myokem Rep
    NITRAMINE-Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINEHigh Performance Thermogenic Agent |MAGNITROPIN-High Performance Myotropic Agent |ALPHADEX-High Performance Hormone Modulator

  2. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,167
    Answers
    0


    I always just use ON.

    iForce Protean tastes fantastic though.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  3. Registered User
    dkgreene88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,923
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    I always just use ON.

    iForce Protean tastes fantastic though.
    I've tried that red velvet it is delicious. I have yet to try ON though!
    Myokem Rep
    NITRAMINE-Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINEHigh Performance Thermogenic Agent |MAGNITROPIN-High Performance Myotropic Agent |ALPHADEX-High Performance Hormone Modulator
    •   
       

  4. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,167
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by dkgreene88 View Post

    I've tried that red velvet it is delicious. I have yet to try ON though!
    I've always used ON. Some people don't like it but I've never had any issues and its a quality product. Can normally be had for a good price as well.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  5. Registered User
    Luke_PNI's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    244
    Answers
    0


    I have used ON a lot and think its a good protein, but have been getting into more of the blends. Little thicker and keeps me fuller longer. Many companies have blends such as dymatize. First thing i look at is the types of proteins that are in the product and make sure the macros are low.
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
  6. Registered User
    dkgreene88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,923
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Luke_PNI View Post
    I have used ON a lot and think its a good protein, but have been getting into more of the blends. Little thicker and keeps me fuller longer. Many companies have blends such as dymatize. First thing i look at is the types of proteins that are in the product and make sure the macros are low.
    Cool ill definitely make sure to check that out!
    Myokem Rep
    NITRAMINE-Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINEHigh Performance Thermogenic Agent |MAGNITROPIN-High Performance Myotropic Agent |ALPHADEX-High Performance Hormone Modulator
  7. Registered User
    ShockTroop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    167
    Answers
    0


    Best Tasting:

    Ronnie Coleman Pro-Antium. (30g/Scoop)
    Syntha-6 Isolate (23g/Scoop)

    Best Profile:

    Gaspari IntraPro
    Dymatize Iso-100
    Gaspari MyoFusion Probiotic Enhanced

    Best Value:

    ON 100% Whey
    Dymatize Whey Iso
    Good things may come to those who wait. But only those left, by those who hustle.
    -Abraham Lincoln
  8. Registered User
    rippedbrah's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    30
    Answers
    0


    Pronom23 is outstanding vanilla cupcake batter or chocolate cupcake batter can't go wrong !
  9. Registered User
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,044
    Answers
    0


    I've been buying the Flurry protein from NP since its been so cheap lately. I stocked up on 4 tubs

    cookies and cream tastes like real cookies and cream and has real Oreo in it

    vanilla ice cream tastes like your drinking melted ice cream

    banana is good, haven't opened strawberry yet

    will be buying more to tonight
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  10. Registered User
    dkgreene88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,923
    Answers
    0


    Yea i see the pronom and flurry on nutraplanet
    Myokem Rep
    NITRAMINE-Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINEHigh Performance Thermogenic Agent |MAGNITROPIN-High Performance Myotropic Agent |ALPHADEX-High Performance Hormone Modulator
  11. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Profile and taste:
    -XF Ultra Peptide 2.0

    Taste of glory:
    -iForce Protean.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  12. Registered User
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Answers
    0


    All max nutrition chocolate yum 30g serving 28g of protein so no fillers just pricy haha
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  13. Registered User
    Celorza's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,552
    Answers
    0


    Hm add in to the good flavors NLA Recover-D , their flavor is just amazing too.
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  14. Registered User
    da_tank55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    204
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Luke_PNI View Post
    I have used ON a lot and think its a good protein, but have been getting into more of the blends. Little thicker and keeps me fuller longer. Many companies have blends such as dymatize. First thing i look at is the types of proteins that are in the product and make sure the macros are low.
    My preference is Dymatize protein. I use Elite whey iso, elite xt, and fusion 7. I like the blends as well. Plus I get elite whey iso from my local drug emporium for like 15 bucks.
  15. Registered User
    MMGtheSERB's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    39
    Answers
    0


    myotein but if you cant afford it I would go with syntha 6
    I use myotein/syntha 6 for my protein and I use cellmass as my creatine
  16. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,080
    Answers
    0


    Beverly International.
    UMP and Muscle Provider know no peers.
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  17. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,080
    Answers
    0


    i ponder why ppl seem to think syntha-6 is a 'good' protein..
    they must confuse 'good taste' with 'quality ingredients'.
    when maltodextrin is the #1 ingredient after protein, that is all i need to see to run away..

    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  18. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,534
    Answers
    0


    End cut Angus Rib Eye. Tasty.
  19. Registered User
    Buffspartan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    488
    Answers
    0


    Do you want the absolute purest, best possible protein, or do you just care about taste?? If you want the best protein I'd definitely go with Now Whey Protein Isolate. It is the absolute purest Isolate you can get and the easiest to digest. It also has no artificial sweeteners, dyes, or artificial flavors. Taste is ok but not the best. However, it is one of the best deals for Isolate out there provided you get the 5 or 10lb tub. For taste I've always liked Optimum Nutrition Natural 100% Whey Gold Standard Chocolate, but the now is a much better quality whey.
  20. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,080
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    Do you want the absolute purest, best possible protein, or do you just care about taste?? If you want the best protein I'd definitely go with Now Whey Protein Isolate. It is the absolute purest Isolate you can get and the easiest to digest.
    orly

    you have much to learn, young grasshopper.

    but - do tell me:
    why is it that you say NOW has the purest, bestest isolate in existence????

    please educate us.
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  21. mw1
    mw1 is online now
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    mw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,685
    Answers
    0


    Trutein, Giant sports or Protean

    Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

    mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  22. Registered User
    MIGUEL1J's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    399
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I've been buying the Flurry protein from NP since its been so cheap lately. I stocked up on 4 tubs

    cookies and cream tastes like real cookies and cream and has real Oreo in it

    vanilla ice cream tastes like your drinking melted ice cream

    banana is good, haven't opened strawberry yet

    will be buying more to tonight
    The strawberry is my fav
  23. Registered User
    totalpackage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    421
    Answers
    0


    I was thinking of picking a container or 2 of the Flurry protein myself but I have been reading
    some bad reviews about the quality, mixability, and taste in the Nutraplanet review section.
    Has anyone else tried this protein and if so what were your thoughts about it ?
  24. Registered User
    Buffspartan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    488
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    orly

    you have much to learn, young grasshopper.

    but - do tell me:
    why is it that you say NOW has the purest, bestest isolate in existence????

    please educate us.
    I could give you the long version or the short version. Since it's late ill go with the short version. There are 3 different isolates you find in powdered form, ISO, Microfiltered and UltraFiltered. The purest and highest amount of protein per weight is Microfiltered. Microfiltered is also approved for even the most sensitive of lactose intolerant people since the process removes every single minutiae amount of anything besides pure protein. Obviously there are probably others that use the same type of isolate, but the NOW is by far the cheapest.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
  25. Registered User
    djbombsquad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,828
    Answers
    0


    Physique workout maximizer hands down taste the best and had a great carb protein ratio.
    Ageforce rep, Lets patch up those mistakes and stop going oral.
    Knowledge is power- The power to do your part and make a difference.
  26. Registered User
    Billy Bickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    53
    Answers
    0


    Isoflex by allmax nutrition. Its like 92 percent protein. If you match up the profile of the grams in the scoop its like a 30 gram scoop with 27 grams of protein
  27. Big Baller
    msrider's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,911
    Answers
    0


    Recover-D is truly amazing! It has an unbelievable profile with added 9g glutamine and 5g bcaa's. The Taste is amazing! Chocolate Eclair! Yum!
  28. Registered User
    kenpoengineer's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  158 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    54
    Posts
    4,061
    Answers
    2


    Thoughts on Blue Bonnet or Jay Robb whey isolate?

    Best tasting NLA Recover-D IMHO.
  29. Registered User
    Buffspartan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    488
    Answers
    0


    Besides NOW, I'm also gonna recommend pronom 23 by Controlled Labs! 3 different forms of whey protein, milk protein concentrate, and 2 forms of casein! Awesome timed release matrix feeding your muscles for up to 6 hours. Whats not to like! Also tastes great! A bunch of my buddies take it and they f***ing love the stuff!
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
  30. Registered User
    beastybean's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    360
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by totalpackage View Post
    I was thinking of picking a container or 2 of the Flurry protein myself but I have been reading
    some bad reviews about the quality, mixability, and taste in the Nutraplanet review section.
    Has anyone else tried this protein and if so what were your thoughts about it ?
    Don't, instant ****s, and the scoops are huge. Muscle gauge nutrition is my favorite, and it's the cheapest.
  31. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,080
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    I could give you the long version or the short version. Since it's late ill go with the short version. There are 3 different isolates you find in powdered form, ISO, Microfiltered and UltraFiltered. The purest and highest amount of protein per weight is Microfiltered. Microfiltered is also approved for even the most sensitive of lactose intolerant people since the process removes every single minutiae amount of anything besides pure protein. Obviously there are probably others that use the same type of isolate, but the NOW is by far the cheapest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    Besides NOW, I'm also gonna recommend pronom 23 by Controlled Labs! 3 different forms of whey protein, milk protein concentrate, and 2 forms of casein! Awesome timed release matrix feeding your muscles for up to 6 hours. Whats not to like! Also tastes great! A bunch of my buddies take it and they f***ing love the stuff!
    kid you need to stop copy/pasting company advertising material.



    off the top - here's a lil nugget for you:
    there is no such thing as 100% pure isolate.
    it does not exist.

    as for processing methods:
    ion-exchange yields the highest BCAA amount in protein...but, does that make it a good isolate?
    no.

    much more to protein than the (faulty) basis with which you expound here.



    btw - you ever find that supplement you were looking for that would (your words) "make your mom less of a bitch"?
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  32. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15,534
    Answers
    0


    Super Duper Ultra-Mega-Micro-Filtered is the best because they filter out all the impurities n' such. I knows cause it done says it on da package.
  33. Registered User
    snagencyV2.0's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,080
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    Thoughts on Blue Bonnet or Jay Robb whey isolate?

    Best tasting NLA Recover-D IMHO.
    i used to use blue bonnet butter.......
    never heard of their protein.
    jay robb been around forever..i still haven't used it.
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  34. Registered User
    lukehayd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,660
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    I've been buying the Flurry protein from NP since its been so cheap lately. I stocked up on 4 tubs

    cookies and cream tastes like real cookies and cream and has real Oreo in it

    vanilla ice cream tastes like your drinking melted ice cream

    banana is good, haven't opened strawberry yet

    will be buying more to tonight
    The Flurry gave me the flurries. Taste for me was nasty on both the strawberry and the cookies & cream. Tasted like poorly processed protein to me. Another thing that bothered me about Flurry was the size of the scooper. The label said it was (I think) 33g but the scoop is twice the size of any other protein scoop for the same serving size. Me thinketh there be a lot of filler!
    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."
    IRON FLEX SUPPLEMENTS REP SAVE 20% WITH LUKE20 @ IRONFLEXSUPPS.COM
  35. The BPS Rep
    jimbuick's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,167
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post

    The Flurry gave me the flurries. Taste for me was nasty on both the strawberry and the cookies & cream. Tasted like poorly processed protein to me. Another thing that bothered me about Flurry was the size of the scooper. The label said it was (I think) 33g but the scoop is twice the size of any other protein scoop for the same serving size. Me thinketh there be a lot of filler!
    The scoop is the wrong size. Its almost 2 servings when you use a full scoop, there is a line on the scoop that is for 1 serving.
    BPS Rep
    *All posts are solely the opinions of myself and do not reflect the opinions of BPS*
    www.bpsnutrition.net

    Subscribe to the BPS VIP List for inside information on new products, promos, and introductory offers!
  36. Registered User
    lukehayd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,660
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    The scoop is the wrong size. Its almost 2 servings when you use a full scoop, there is a line on the scoop that is for 1 serving.
    I quite often use 2 scoops of other proteins and the Flurry is considerably thicker with just the one scoop (full scooper). I figured it was a double scoop but there was no line on either of my scoops - that was something I looked at right away when I opened them.

    Either way, it just tasted like very cheap protein and gave me bad squirts like very cheap protein. You get what you pay for.
    "But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded."
    IRON FLEX SUPPLEMENTS REP SAVE 20% WITH LUKE20 @ IRONFLEXSUPPS.COM
  37. Registered User
    Buffspartan's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Age
    22
    Posts
    488
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    kid you need to stop copy/pasting company advertising material.



    off the top - here's a lil nugget for you:
    there is no such thing as 100% pure isolate.
    it does not exist.

    as for processing methods:
    ion-exchange yields the highest BCAA amount in protein...but, does that make it a good isolate?
    no.

    much more to protein than the (faulty) basis with which you expound here.



    btw - you ever find that supplement you were looking for that would (your words) "make your mom less of a bitch"?
    I dont disagree with you. Obviously nothing is going to be perfect. But from what I've read. Microfiltered is your best bet when it comes to isolate. Ultra filtered leaves a small amount of lactose behind and Ion Exchange I read is not very good for absorption, contrary to what most believe. Microfiltered has a high BCAA content and is 100% lactose free. I just mentioned NOW because it is one of the cheapest Isolates and it just happens to be microfiltered. I don't copy advertising material, those are purely my words.

    And yeah, I found the answer to my problem, loud music, ear plugs, and staying at the gym till 12:30 AM
  38. Registered User
    VaughnTrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,912
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by mw1 View Post
    Protean
    When offered flavors like Red Velvet Cake, how can you NOT try this stuff? Great macros, and best flavors on the market.
    iForce Nutrition Representative - iTrain. iCompete. iDominate.
    iForce Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iForceNutrition
    iForce website: www.iforcenutrition.com
  39. Registered User
    fumoney's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  209 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,679
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post

    When offered flavors like Red Velvet Cake, how can you NOT try this stuff? Great macros, and best flavors on the market.
    I have not found anything that tastes better than Protean.
    I started a new log at:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/228939-fumoney-takes-ironmag.html
  40. Registered User
    rob112's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,099
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Celorza
    Profile and taste:
    -XF Ultra Peptide 2.0

    Taste of glory:
    -iForce Protean.
    Great choices. Protizyme pb is great but too pricy

    Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/231713-rob112-3-means.html
    "Train like a beast, think like a human"-RTS
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Best Protein Bar?
    By SacDIESEL in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-29-2007, 07:10 PM
  2. best protein
    By thebigt in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 11:12 AM
  3. best protein before bed?
    By JBlaze in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 08:33 PM
  4. Best Protein to use while on PHs?
    By EPe9686518 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-10-2003, 12:02 PM
  5. best protein powder brand and type?
    By Jfcripped21 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 04:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in