3 weeks until my honeymoon. Worth it to run Test Powder?

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Hi,

I just got married and have my honeymoon coming up on January 22. I am a bit out of shape from the wedding craziness, and I wanna get as jacked/ripped/in shape as possible for my honeymoon. I have a tub of Test Powder. If I skip the day off, it will last 24 days. I could run it straight for 22 days, and then take it the first 2 days of my honeymoon. Do you all think this would be a good use of the Test Powder? I know it is different than directed, but it seems like running it every day should be a good thing (at least it would be if I had 2 tubs). However, would a 3-week run be any good with a DAA+ product like this? Please let me know what you think (especially those who have taken it before). I have an Anabeta Elite log planned for the spring, so I won't have many other opportunities to run the test powder, and I do want to run something now if possible.

I also have some Synthetic Supplements forskolin. Should I throw that in also? If so, why. If not, why not.

Thanks everyone! I tried for awhile to find these answers by searching but had no luck.

Best,
Tyler

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, you gotta figure it would be better then doing nothing at all. So, I would say go for it. Not sure how lean you are, but you could consider running like ECA stack to drop fat, lean out. Even if you don't have time to get big and jacked, you could shred up a bit and give a more lean and ripped look. Just a thought.

Where in Taiwan are you? I've been there twice. My wife is Taiwanese.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Definitely give it a run! I am curious why you don't want to run it also when you run the AnaBeta Elite.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Well, you gotta figure it would be better then doing nothing at all. So, I would say go for it. Not sure how lean you are, but you could consider running like ECA stack to drop fat, lean out. Even if you don't have time to get big and jacked, you could shred up a bit and give a more lean and ripped look. Just a thought.

Where in Taiwan are you? I've been there twice. My wife is Taiwanese.
Thanks for the reply! I am in Taipei now. I lived in XiZhi (Shijih) before, and Jilong (Keelung) before that. As for the ECA stack, I don't like taking stimulants for any reason except a small dose in a PWO product, so I would rather not go with that option. You are right though, that would definitely boost the fat loss benefits. Where in TW have you been when you visited?

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Definitely give it a run! I am curious why you don't want to run it also when you run the AnaBeta Elite.
Thanks for the reply! OK it seems like the two people who replied are on board, so I'm going to go for it!

Concerning adding it to my AB elite run, I will run the AB Elite similarly to my last old school AB log, so I can get a good comparison of AB and AB Elite. I would love to run TP and Anabeta Elite together, but I have not tried either of those products before, so if I did that, I wouldn't know what results came from what product. I like to try products by themselves first, or at least stacked with other products I've tried before. I could run old school AB with it I suppose. I have a bottle here that I was going to run with the TP in a proper 4-week cycle, so I could shorten both to 24 days. That would definitely be a cool idea. If I run 5 pills ED, the AB and test powder would last the same length of time.

I am a little worried about something that feels like a hernia that I have now, though. I have been to three doctors about it and the answers I got were "I don't know," "It's a hernia," and "It's not a hernia, but there's always a chance." It's not painful enough to stop me from training, but I would hate to find out that it was just something that needed to heal, and I pushed it too hard and gave myself a full-on hernia. AB works SUPER well for me, but when I am on it, I push it super hard and get significant strength gains. I will have to think about the idea of throwing it into the stack vs. running TP alone (with BCAA and creatine) to see exactly how well it works. If the TP works, I would be really interested in running Formula X to compare it with TP.

I will decide whether or not to run a bottle of AB with it today and start that ASAP if I am doing it. Happy New Year!

Best,
Tyler

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taipei mostly. I'm gonna have to think hard about the names now of some of the places we went. Hsinchu, Beitou, Danshuei, Tainan. Pretty sure we went to Keelung as well, but couldn't say for sure without asking my wife. Went to places like the hot springs spa's, Lavander Tea House in the mountains. LOVED the night markets. I really wish the US would do night markets like that. Lots and lots of food was consumed that is for sure. Loved Din Tai Fung!!! We actually took our engagement photo's over there.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Taipei mostly. I'm gonna have to think hard about the names now of some of the places we went. Hsinchu, Beitou, Danshuei, Tainan. Pretty sure we went to Keelung as well, but couldn't say for sure without asking my wife. Went to places like the hot springs spa's, Lavander Tea House in the mountains. LOVED the night markets. I really wish the US would do night markets like that. Lots and lots of food was consumed that is for sure. Loved Din Tai Fung!!! We actually took our engagement photo's over there.
Sweet, seems like you've been all over the neighborhood here! Yeah my family was just over for the wedding, and they were big fans of the night markets and all of the people selling random delicious treats from carts on the side of every street. I unfortunately love that too, so now I have to slim down for the honeymoon, haha. If you come back here, you should try to get to Green Island or Orchid Island. The snorkeling in those places if crazy good. Orchid Island has large number of sea snakes (poisonous, but all TW varieties are not aggressive and never go after people), and endless volcanic peaks and valleys covered in coral.

Best,
Tyler

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sweet, seems like you've been all over the neighborhood here! Yeah my family was just over for the wedding, and they were big fans of the night markets and all of the people selling random delicious treats from carts on the side of every street. I unfortunately love that too, so now I have to slim down for the honeymoon, haha. If you come back here, you should try to get to Green Island or Orchid Island. The snorkeling in those places if crazy good. Orchid Island has large number of sea snakes (poisonous, but all TW varieties are not aggressive and never go after people), and endless volcanic peaks and valleys covered in coral.

Best,
Tyler
Sweet, that sounds like right up my alley

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Tried the Test Powder. I noticed a few surprising things.

1. USP put coloring in this. I always LOVED the fact that they didn't put any coloring in their products. Not sure why they changed that for TP. It's not too heavily colored, but it is a light pink. I hope they change to uncolored. Maybe some of the ingredients ended up looking like used dish water or something, so they put coloring in it, but I always loved USP's policy of not putting anything in a product unless it is effective or delicious.

2. I have tried two different Fruit Punch flavored USP products, TP and Jack3d. Neither of them tasted anything like fruit punch to me, which is super weird. Jack3d tasted like Pina Colada to me, and was a really well done Pina Colada IMO (not my favorite flavor, but it was pretty dead on). Fruit Punch TP tastes exactly like watermelon Hemavol to me, except with a sour twist from the DAA. It is FREAKING DELICIOUS. Now I wish I bought some Fruit Punch Modern BCAA just in case it tastes half as good as the TP. I mixed in 3.3g of DCM with it after trying it solo and they go together perfectly. About 16 ounces of perfectly sweetened, sour watermelon per 2-scoop serving. USP, please keep this flavor system, re-name it "Watermelon" and use it in literally every product you make. Well-done! If it works half as well as it tastes, I will be thrilled!

Best,
Tyler

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
On top of all that run xtract pre honey moon and while your there to lose some water weight and have that help dial you in

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
So now that I am running the TP, would anyone like me to do a lite log (3 weeks and I will try not to be as wordy as I have been with my AB logs)?

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
On top of all that run xtract pre honey moon and while your there to lose some water weight and have that help dial you in
I have never heard of xtract before. Is it one of your products? If so, please tell me about it here or in a PM. Sounds interesting for sure!

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Man, since I finished that TP drink, I have felt pretty nauseous and sh**ty. Being New Year's Day, I am, as you might have guessed, a little hungover, so I'm holding off on blaming the TP, as it could be the drinking or even my poor diet over the past few days. Hopefully it's not the TP. To be safe, I will split the dose tomorrow.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
BTW, did you watch the fireworks at Taipei 101?

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
BTW, did you watch the fireworks at Taipei 101?
Sure did! The BJJ school i go to is down the street from 101, so we always meet there to drink a bit before heading out to the street and causing a commotion. This year, they apparently outsourced the fireworks to a French company and they screwed it up badly. They didn't do any countdown, didn't tell anyone there would be no countdown, and started the fireworks so sporadically, that we all assumed it was some kind of pre-countdown primer. By the time everyone realized it was 2013, it was 12:02 and the fireworks were almost over. We then did our own countdown, a few people joined in, and then the fireworks were over and the topic of everyone's conversations was how badly they sucked. Still had fun, but it was the only year since I've been here that I would say the fireworks show was pretty lame.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man, since I finished that TP drink, I have felt pretty nauseous and sh**ty. Being New Year's Day, I am, as you might have guessed, a little hungover, so I'm holding off on blaming the TP, as it could be the drinking or even my poor diet over the past few days. Hopefully it's not the TP. To be safe, I will split the dose tomorrow.
Did you take it on an empty stomach?

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Never had this problem with TP. I've been eating like crap and drinking more all week. My stomach is in knots.

Stick to the TP, you'll be glad you did.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How long have you lived out there? I assume you are American, or no? Do you speak Mandarin? My Mandarin is at a Sesame Street level, but I hope to get better and learn Crayola style with my daughter as she grows and learns to speak. It's very important for my wife and I to ensure that our daughter is bi-lingual.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Did you take it on an empty stomach?
No, but it was January first, so it really could have just gotten me nauseous combined with being a bit hungover. I have been taking it in split doses since then and have had no problems.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Never had this problem with TP. I've been eating like crap and drinking more all week. My stomach is in knots.

Stick to the TP, you'll be glad you did.

Will do! I hope it works. So far, nothing noticeable but I wouldn't expect to feel a thing before at least a week. I have had bad luck with USP supps (I am a non-responder to Prime, PM, and Compound 20 unfortunately), but I still love the company and I am really hoping that TP hits the mark for me! I will keep updating in this thread I suppose (was thinking about starting a new thread, but I guess I can just keep posting in this one). Thanks for posting!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
How long have you lived out there? I assume you are American, or no? Do you speak Mandarin? My Mandarin is at a Sesame Street level, but I hope to get better and learn Crayola style with my daughter as she grows and learns to speak. It's very important for my wife and I to ensure that our daughter is bi-lingual.
Been out here almost 6 years now. I originally came for a year, but it gets harder to leave the longer you stay. Now I have a wife here and the economy back home is a mess. I went back to visit the school I was teaching in in NY (yup, I'm American); they just had to fire 80 people from the district, and things don't seem to be getting much better. Hopefully it turns around, because I would really like to be able to get back home soon so I can get back in the retirement system before I am too old.

My Mandarin is not bad but not really good either. I get lazy about studying pretty often, and it's a language that is particularly hard to just pick up without trying. The Taiwan accent is also a bit harder to understand than most others (their tones are very subtle, their "sh" and "s" sounds are really hard to differentiate between as are their "en" and "eng" sounds, etc etc...). I am lucky though since I can practice a little bit with students and anyone else I happen to talk to around the city, the BJJ classes here are taught mostly in Chinese, and I try to talk to my wife in Chinese about half the time. If you are interested in studying back home, you can find the whole Chinese pod collection on a few torrent sites. Great move raising your daughter bilingually. It will give her a huge advantage when she gets older.

Best,
Tyler

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, but it was January first, so it really could have just gotten me nauseous combined with being a bit hungover. I have been taking it in split doses since then and have had no problems.
Awesome man, good to hear its working out. If you have any other questions about usp products, please contact me!

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
I would say run some horny goat weed no matter what and keep it going until the end of your honey moon :dance:

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Awesome man, good to hear its working out. If you have any other questions about usp products, please contact me!

Thanks so much, man! Mostly just wanted to make sure that running this stuff ed for 24 days would be worth it (seems like the consensus was that it will be). I am on day 5 now I believe, and have had no more stomach issues. I started taking it split into 2 doses (1 with breakfast, the other either before/during a workout, or with dinner), and taking DCM with the second dose. The taste is great. So far, not noticing anything from it, but that is normal for the first week of taking most supplements. I am guessing that most people start feeling this around the 7-10 day mark; has that been the most commonly reported time frame? I am really interested to see how all of the other additives to this combine with the DAA. The mangosteen extract seems very cool, but honestly, that's mostly because I freaking LOVE mangosteen. Here, it is commonly believed to be the second healthiest fruit in the world (after durian ...BUT don't. try. durian!). Also pretty cool to see the inclusion of L-dopa in here. I remember hearing a lot about using L-dopa with DAA for prolactin control (not sure about the specifics of that, but I read it in a few threads on here).

Anyway, thanks a lot for posting. I guess I won't be doing an official log of this stuff, but I will continue to post back here about how I am feeling on it. So far, although I love USP, and Supercissus and bulk Modern BCAA are two of my favorites, I have sadly been a non-responder to all of your muscle builders that I have tried (Prime, Super Saponins, Pink Magic, Compound 20, and Powerfull, although I still love Powerfull for its sleep effects). It sucks, since I have friends who are super responders, but I guess that's how it goes with natty supps. I am hoping to have a great experience with TP. Thanks again for getting in here! I will be sending a PM your way in the next few minutes, as well.

Best,
Tyler

Last edited:
tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I would say run some horny goat weed no matter what and keep it going until the end of your honey moon :dance:
Haha, thanks Colbert. I actually have some fenugreek sitting around, so I will probably throw that in for the honeymoon. I bought a few bottles because it is 4 dollars. I ran it for a few weeks and felt a surprising amount for 4 bucks. Nice boost in mood, I felt like I kept fat off slightly better (almost like it had a bit of a nutrient repartitioning effect), and it is the only thing I have ever taken that boosted my libido. Keep in mind I was already a freshly engaged 29-year-old, so I'm not sure how welcomed the boosted libido was, but I liked it!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, my goals for the TP run are pretty modest. I want to fell better (overall sense of well-being), I want to feel like I can cut some fat without getting too crazy (lose the holiday weight as I get back to proper nutrition), and I would like to see some modest strength increases. On my last AB run, I put up a personal best dumbbell bench of 90lbs x 1. I can currently get 85 x 1, but fell just short on the 90lb attempt. I would like to be able to get 95 x 1 by the time I go on my honeymoon. If I can get back to 90, that would be good, but I do feel like I should be able to get a little higher up the ladder than that, considering that I haven't really lost much from my last AB run. We'll see how it goes, though. I will keep reporting.

I am also monitoring what feels like a possible hernia. I had to stay away from the gym since last Wednesday when I aggravated it. Doctors are unsure, overall. I have no lump but yesterday the pain was pretty intense. Today I feel fine. I am thinking it is most likely a muscle strain (so many diff muscles converge in that area, so no idea which one got strained), or a sports hernia, which seems to be a different variety of muscle strain. The only weird thing is that my symptoms started as I was walking out of a class I was teaching with a heavy load of stuff (about 2 gallons of water, jacket, helmet, etc). Just felt a burning type of pain out of nowhere. Then it got better. Then I felt it again when I had my computer and a gallon of water in my backpack and was getting off my scooter (yeah...I ride a scooter...). It kind of went away and then flared up again last Thursday. I had a hernia on my right side like 10 years ago. That never hurt, though. This feels kind of like how the other side felt after the surgery (tightness, soreness, some burning), but there is no lump. I was really nervous since having one hernia makes you much more likely to get one on the other side, but the last doc I went to is a hernia specialist, and he told me that only holds true for people who have a left-side inguinal hernia first. Since mine was on the right, I don't have a higher-than-normal chance of getting another. I do, however, have horrible luck, so there's that. I will go to the gym tonight and see how I feel there. So far, lifting hasn't aggravated it, pointing to it not being a hernia, but I must continue to watch it. Anyway, I will report back in this thread. Wish me luck!

Best,
Tyler

Clemenza

Awards
  • Established
Thanks so much, man! Mostly just wanted to make sure that running this stuff ed for 24 days would be worth it (seems like the consensus was that it will be). I am on day 5 now I believe, and have had no more stomach issues. I started taking it split into 2 doses (1 with breakfast, the other either before/during a workout, or with dinner), and taking DCM with the second dose. The taste is great. So far, not noticing anything from it, but that is normal for the first week of taking most supplements. I am guessing that most people start feeling this around the 7-10 day mark; has that been the most commonly reported time frame? I am really interested to see how all of the other additives to this combine with the DAA. The mangosteen extract seems very cool, but honestly, that's mostly because I freaking LOVE mangosteen. Here, it is commonly believed to be the second healthiest fruit in the world (after durian ...BUT don't. try. durian!). Also pretty cool to see the inclusion of L-dopa in here. I remember hearing a lot about using L-dopa with DAA for prolactin control (not sure about the specifics of that, but I read it in a few threads on here).

Anyway, thanks a lot for posting. I guess I won't be doing an official log of this stuff, but I will continue to post back here about how I am feeling on it. So far, although I love USP, and Supercissus and bulk Modern BCAA are two of my favorites, I have sadly been a non-responder to all of your muscle builders that I have tried (Prime, Super Saponins, Pink Magic, Compound 20, and Powerfull, although I still love Powerfull for its sleep effects). It sucks, since I have friends who are super responders, but I guess that's how it goes with natty supps. I am hoping to have a great experience with TP. Thanks again for getting in here! I will be sending a PM your way in the next few minutes, as well.

Best,
Tyler
I like to run Test Powder at for at least 2 bottles straight. I notice the benefits continue up until the end of the 2nd bottle.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I like to run Test Powder at for at least 2 bottles straight. I notice the benefits continue up until the end of the 2nd bottle.
Good to know, thanks man! If this works, then I would love to run 2 bottles of TP stacked with 2 bottles of Anabeta for 8 weeks of CRAZINESS!

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I just got back from my pushing workout. Today I did Dumbbell bench, dumbbell shoulder press, cable crossovers (but without actually crossing over...I think there must be a better name for that, but I don't know what it is), and triceps press on the cable machine. I was able to get 90s up tonight! I tried to do that a few times in the last month and just barely missed the mark every time. Tonight I got it, and it didn't feel too hard! I don't know if the TP is starting to work, or if the time off due to that hernia scare just got me super pumped, but I felt great and was able to get the 90s up with no problem. I hope this is the TP starting to work! If it is, then I am in for a great time before the honeymoon! My weight isn't bad either. Before my family got here 2 weeks ago, I was at 83KG, tonight I was 84.5. I didn't drink enough water this weekend, so I estimate it to really be around 85KG (about 187lbs), but that is manageable! I am hoping to get to 82 for the honeymoon! I am REALLY tempted to start dosing some Anabeta with the TP, but I really want to keep this run focused on the TP, so I can pinpoint exactly what it does to me. I will keep updating, and I will keep trying to be less wordy than I usually am in my logs. Thanks for reading!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Just did a pulling workout (back and bis). Decent workout. Can't say I am definitely feeling much yet, but time will tell. I do seem to look a little fuller, but I don't know if that has anything to do with the TP, as I added a daily dose of 3.5g of DCM at the same time I started taking the TP. Still hoping for some of the crazy alpha male effects that I read about. I think that by the end of this week, I should know whether or not the TP will be a strong addition to my supplement arsenal. Thanks for reading (if anyone still is)!

Best,
Tyler

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm reading :) How far along are you with the Test Powder Tyler? It usually takes me around 12+ days before I start seeing the full effects from DAA. However, with TP I noticed good pumps (Agmatine) early on and improved mood/sleep (Mucuna Pruriens/L-dopa) in the second week (maybe a little sooner). The muscle fullness you're seeing could be from the Agmatine as well. Hopefully you're not too far off from feeling the full effects. Good luck with the rest of your run Tyler!

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
I'm reading :) How far along are you with the Test Powder Tyler? It usually takes me around 12+ days before I start seeing the full effects from DAA. However, with TP I noticed good pumps (Agmatine) early on and improved mood/sleep (Mucuna Pruriens/L-dopa) in the second week (maybe a little sooner). The muscle fullness you're seeing could be from the Agmatine as well. Hopefully you're not too far off from feeling the full effects. Good luck with the rest of your run Tyler!

Thanks so much! I am on day 8 now I believe. Still a bit early to call this, but I am hopeful, as I have not read of anyone particularly disliking TP, and plenty of people have LOVED the stuff. I was originally thinking of dosing it PWO because it's got a gram of agmatine, but I am glad I heeded USP's warning about possible nausea. I got a bit of nausea another time taking it on a less-than-full stomach. I don't have any problem mixing it into my intra BCAAs with DCM though. No nausea from that, and it adds a delicious tangy watermelon taste to my Bulk Modern BCAA. I will keep updating here. Thanks for letting me know people are still reading!

Best,
Tyler

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks so much! I am on day 8 now I believe. Still a bit early to call this, but I am hopeful, as I have not read of anyone particularly disliking TP, and plenty of people have LOVED the stuff. I was originally thinking of dosing it PWO because it's got a gram of agmatine, but I am glad I heeded USP's warning about possible nausea. I got a bit of nausea another time taking it on a less-than-full stomach. I don't have any problem mixing it into my intra BCAAs with DCM though. No nausea from that, and it adds a delicious tangy watermelon taste to my Bulk Modern BCAA. I will keep updating here. Thanks for letting me know people are still reading!

Best,
Tyler
No problem man. I'm one of those people that LOVE Test Powder haha. I wouldn't be too concerned if you haven't seen the full effects by day 8.

I'm glad you found a good way to use it without any issues. I've never experienced any type of problem at all, regardless of when I take it. Looking forward to seeing how the rest of this goes for you.

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Still too early to tell, but I think I am getting a small increase in hunger. Yesterday, I went from a little hungry to I'm-freaking-starving-and-need-food-right-now in like 5 minutes, which happens when I take Anabeta. Granted, that happens to everyone sometimes, so it's not a guaranteed effect of the Test Powder, but it is a great sign for sure!

I also feel like there might be a slight libido boost happening. Again, hard to tell if that is the Test Powder (I mean, I did get married less than 2 weeks ago, so a raging libido would be par for the course anyway, haha), but a good sign.

I will continue to update on exactly how I am feeling. The most encouraging thing to happen was the bout of extreme hunger. That wouldn't normally happen from creatine alone, and is a sign that my metabolism might be getting fired up to make more muscle/burn more fat! I hope that is not a false alarm. From what I have been hearing from everyone, this is about the right time to start feeling the TP kick in. The rest of the week should provide some interesting information!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Just had another pushing workout. It was a decent workout. No giant gains yet, but I did feel pretty good.

I do also feel like I am hungrier than normal. My weight today was 83.5kg, so about 1kg lighter than last time I checked it. I have not been great with my diet (I ate half a box of "wedding cookies" before bed last night...freakin stupid), but I don't seem to be paying the price like I usually would. This is all pretty speculative, BUT I am very hopeful that this is the effect of the Test Powder. I will continue to update. Wish me luck on responding well to this!

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
**This is a long one, so I made a short list of how I am feeling at the bottom of the post**

OK since my last post I have had three workouts: a lighter leg workout, a pulling workout, and a pushing workout. So far, I am still not quite sure what to make of Test Powder. I don't really feel any different in my day-to-day life (no aggression, no alpha male feeling, no mood enhancement, etc.). I also have not had better sleep on it, as some have mentioned. My weight is not moving much in either direction, as I was 84KG again the last time I checked. I think that the increased hunger I mentioned was just a coincidence. I haven't been noticing any significant increases in hunger since then. None of this is super disappointing, as the main effects of Test Powder should be strength-related, so how is that going?

Well, I am not getting the giant gains that I would like, but realistically, I didn't expect that. So what has been happening? Well, first of all, I have been enjoying my time at the gym quite a bit the past few weeks. Is that the TP fueling me? Is it the agmatine pumping me up and keeping my muscles fresher? Is it just the effect of having something to work towards? I can't say one way or the other, but I have been enjoying my lifting quite a bit more than I was before I was taking the TP. I haven't been half-assing it in the gym at all, and I am making every workout count. I also mentioned getting 90lb dumbbells up on the flat bench, which I was just barely unable to do before running the TP (I did it on my last Anabeta run, but after my hernia scare forced me to take it easy for a few weeks, the 90s seemed just a tiny bit too heavy). How impressive is that? Well, if I had to guess what I could have done before the TP, I would guess that I would have gotten 89lb dumbbells up if they existed. I missed the 90s, but by the slightest margin imaginable. So is that really an accomplishment? The answer is: of course! Any progress is good. Even if I had already done it a few months earlier, getting them up again is still a gain, and, more than anything else, motivated the hell out of me.

During my last pushing workout, I failed to get the 95s up (my only goal for this short run). They felt impossibly heavy just holding them, but I still tried my best and missed the mark by a smaller margin than I ever have before (I tried 95s previously; this is the closest I felt like I came to getting them). I also got 90s up for 2 reps instead of 1, so that is technically a personal record. I still have 30% of this run left before my honeymoon, and I plan on getting those 95s up!

Now some notes on body composition/appearance.

1. Compared to the beginning of this run, I look leaner. It is hard to say if the TP has had anything to do with that. At the beginning of this run, I had just had a wedding, stopped lifting while my family was here, and had the NYE drink-a-thon. Basically, that whole week left me feeling and looking a bit bloated and out of shape. I have cleaned up my diet quite a bit, so it makes sense that I would look a bit better after two weeks. Is any fat loss due to the Test Powder? Really not sure, but hey, at least it didn't hurt.
2. I am looking full and slightly more vascular and pumped throughout the day and especially in the gym. What is causing that? Well, the obvious answer is the fact that I am consuming a freakin gram of agmatine ED in the Test Powder. It's great to like how you look in the mirror, but unless you are getting results, it is more of a parlor trick than anything else. So, is it more than just the agmatine? I wish I could say for sure, but i have never supplemented with high-dose agmatine before (not worth the price tag IMO), so I can't be certain. However, I do suspect that the DAA and also the DCM that I have added (about 3.5 g/day) do have something to do with it. I noticed looking larger in ways that seem to go beyond what agmatine does for most people. My arms and chest seem to have a bit more of a full, defined appearance. The most noticeable change is in my shoulders. They look rounder and it is noticeable even when wearing loose clothes. Is it temporary? Probably, but I still really like it, and, as much as I hate to admit it, it will make me feel cooler when I am laying on the beach during my honeymoon.

Now for the weirdest thing I have noticed. I have gotten significantly more muscle soreness since starting TP. The last time I had a pushing workout, my shoulders were sore from the previous day's pulling workout. I have never felt sore shoulders after a back workout before, and it didn't make sense, but it happened. My DOMS seems to hit me significantly harder on this run than usual. Why is that so weird? I don't know much about USP's bundle of unorthodox ingredients/extracts in here, but there are three or four ingredients I have been consuming that are supposed to help muscle soreness: DAA, LCT, Creatine (I added it; it didn't come in the original formula), and I believe that agmatine is supposed to help soreness via increased blood flow, but I don't know if this is an effect that people report often. My guess for this is that, although they all reportedly help recovery, these ingredients are having a greater impact on my endurance in the gym. I have been feeling great later in my workouts and I recover very well in between sets. If this is a result of those ingredients, than it makes sense that I am getting sore after these workouts, as my muscles are able to work harder in the latter part of the workouts. The only thing is that I can't believe that the LCT isn't helping more with the soreness and recovery in between workouts. I have heard nothing but great things on this ingredient's effects on recovery. This leads me to speculate that this ingredient is *possibly* under-dosed. Of all of the standard, well-known and often-used ingredients in Test Powder, the LCT is the only one that is hidden in a prop blend. I applaud USP for disclosing the exact dosages of DAA, agmatine, and Mucuna Pruriens, but I wish they disclosed the amount of LCT in there. Distilled Water, if you can get that information, please let me know.

So to sum up, so far:
-improved pump from the agmatine
-improved muscle fullness (possibly from the agmatine, but it seems like more than that)
-slightly improved endurance towards the end of my workouts
-new PR on flat dumbbell bench (90 x 2, up from 90 x 1...not much, but it's something)
-increased DOMS
-no change in mood, sleep, hunger, or thirst
-5 more days to go

Best,
Tyler

tyrub42

tyrub42

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the delay, guys. My hard drive crashed and then I went on my honeymoon. Now I am back and I got a new hard drive, so I am online again (yay?). Anyway, I will make this short, as I am pretty sure no one stuck around in this thread. A day or two before my honeymoon, I got 90 x 2 again, and felt pretty good, so I took a rest, got the 95s, took some deep breaths, and I was able to get them up twice! Even though I didn't have the kind of "Supercharged" feeling that I usually get from AB, and I didn't get too much in the way of body composition changes, I was able to increase my max bench significantly on this run (from 85-90 x 1, to 95 x 2). Unfortunately, a 10-day honeymoon later, I am back to 85s (and back to being a bit chubby...freaking SE asian curries!), but I feel that I will be able to work back up to (and past) 95 with a couple of weeks of hard work back in the gym. Thanks to anyone who came by to read!

Best,
Tyler

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope the honeymoon was a blast brother

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com