Favorite BCAA powder?

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Favorite BCAA powder? Trying to find a high concentration of Leucine. 4:1:1 or 8:1:1 Thanks!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Look into nimbus bodyguard sugar-free. One serving has a full 5g leucine (1g of other BCAAs), plus b-Alanine and the poseidon complex (b-vitamins, electrolytes, taurine, etc).If you want to boost the ratio even higher, SNS Leucine is extremely affordable and I add it to pretty much any BCAA product I may be using before fasted training.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
recoverpro is 4:1:1 and for the price and servings....it's really a good value

domore

Awards
Look into nimbus bodyguard sugar-free. One serving has a full 5g leucine (1g of other BCAAs), plus b-Alanine and the poseidon complex (b-vitamins, electrolytes, taurine, etc).If you want to boost the ratio even higher, SNS Leucine is extremely affordable and I add it to pretty much any BCAA product I may be using before fasted training.
Very few sites are carrying the Nimbus line (you know of one of them). I've heard they are revamping the line, or something. However, I wish they would keep the boards updated with information.

BigEdNJ

Awards
Check out Inner armour bcaa peak its is 12:1:1 Levine loaded and the flavor is good also.

newbreed

Awards
Used to be Xtend but now Modern BCAAs. The flavors tastes great. They are not aggressively flavored so the taste is too strong. No artificial coloring so I didn't have any stomach discomfort. It also didn't stain my bottle. Great ratio 8:1:1. And a form of glutamine that has more stability in water. Plus you get electrolytes. Fairly priced too.

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
How a about core nutritionals abc? Or muscle pharms amino 1? Any one try any of these?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How a about core nutritionals abc? Or muscle pharms amino 1? Any one try any of these?
I've dabbled in a bunch of different brands

Although taste isn't number 1 on modern. Atleastthebflavor I get but it's cheap and I can now tell Te difference after adding it bak in

Cheap and effective and you get a ton for the price. No need to really try anything else IMO

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nimbus Bodyguard and endurance by formutech

Hawk87

Hawk87

Awards
I've heard Modern BCAA by USPlabs is really good...I've personally never tried it
Xtend always a solid choice
I'm trying silk AA by TN right now, they have worked great so far but only 2 weeks in

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
iForce Compete! BCAA and EAA and so much more
Compete can't really be described as a BCAA and EAA powder with 2.5g of whey hydrolysate. Not that I dislike the profile.

Another vote for Modern BCAA. 8:1:1 ratio. Good flavours.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another vote for NP bulk BCAA. I throw 20g in a half gallon of water (peach tea flavor of course) and sip pre intra and post.

domore

Awards
What's everyone's opinion regarding EAAs v. BCAAs?

infraredline

Awards
What's everyone's opinion regarding EAAs v. BCAAs?
I like aminolast by gaspari, it isn't 4:1 ratio but its a solid product

As far as EAA vs BCAA, BCAA is what you want since BCAA have glucogenic properties allowing your body to use them as fuel sources like glucose

They are more useful while dieting but can be helpful in a bulk as well

domore

Awards
I like aminolast by gaspari, it isn't 4:1 ratio but its a solid product

As far as EAA vs BCAA, BCAA is what you want since BCAA have glucogenic properties allowing your body to use them as fuel sources like glucose

They are more useful while dieting but can be helpful in a bulk as well
Well, insulin release is different when comparing carbs and BCAAs. BCAAs only initiate the first phase of insulin release, and the resulting spike in insulin. However, there isn't the long-term insulin production since BCAAs don't actually affect blood glucose.

infraredline

Awards
Well, insulin release is different when comparing carbs and BCAAs. BCAAs only initiate the first phase of insulin release, and the resulting spike in insulin. However, there isn't the long-term insulin production since BCAAs don't actually affect blood glucose.
Thank you for clarifying, I knew there was a twist to it but I've always been foggy on the subject matter

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Another vote for Modern BCAA

TheFugitive

TheFugitive

Awards
I've been sipping on BLOX as of late. Mixture and flavoring is incredible

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just buy whatever is cheapest and add bulk leucine. I love vpx power shock.

Aggie2012

Awards
ENDURANCE By FORMUTECH NUTRITION!!! Best BCAA product I've tried by far. I like it better than extend.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
ENDURANCE By FORMUTECH NUTRITION!!! Best BCAA product I've tried by far. I like it better than extend.
The melon is delicious.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another vote for Modern BCAA
Does it mix well? I have recover pro and the mixing is a nightmare. I always come away with powder on my mouth

- Valdez

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Does it mix well? I have recover pro and the mixing is a nightmare. I always come away with powder on my mouth

- Valdez
In my experience, no. Your best bet it so pre-mix your BCAA supplement the night before and store it in the fridge.

Younglifter16

Awards
modern bcaa def did not mix well at all lol.

xtend mixes like a beauty, so does aminocore. Both taste great. Dymatize recoup also was good.

anything instantized will be good, I usually use optimum instantized whey (unflavored). Best bang for your buck

boogyman

Awards
I used Bulk Modern when I experimented with IF. I found mixing it and letting it sit for a few minutes was sufficient.

schroedes

schroedes

Awards
I've been a huge fan of cytosports monster amino, 8 to 1 ratio and has added citrulline, tastes great and not expensive

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

- Valdez
If you follow the label recommendations, it mixes fine. Don't with colder water and less than 10oz of liquid. Shake it for about 30seconds.

I was virtually not following any if these guidelines and it just stayed pure foam....

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Hands down I agree.

I stand behind ENDURANCE BCAA.

Best I ve ever had. Taste is great, very fine and mixes great. I love it intra workout.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In my experience, no. Your best bet it so pre-mix your BCAA supplement the night before and store it in the fridge.
That is exactly how I do it and it has never failed. Actually it's usually fully dissolved long before i wake to train in the morning.

$/g - I cannot see ever buying anything else but BULK Modern BCAA.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Serious. not being an ass, why?

I ve always learned BCAA over EAA due to Luecine.
Though eaa's have bcaa's in them i like having a little higher luecine count, i used purple wraath for years and enjoyed it

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
Serious. not being an ass, why?

I ve always learned BCAA over EAA due to Luecine.
as mentioned - eaa have bcaa, and so much more. there is more to growth than bcaas only..
while i too enjoy leucine, it is easy to add bulk in if i need to..in the meantime, i have a more efficient and complete recovery/growth spectrum of aminos.

Though eaa's have bcaa's in them i like having a little higher luecine count, i used purple wraath for years and enjoyed it
no doubt.
one helluva product.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
as mentioned - eaa have bcaa, and so much more. there is more to growth than bcaas only..
while i too enjoy leucine, it is easy to add bulk in if i need to..in the meantime, i have a more efficient and complete recovery/growth spectrum of aminos.

no doubt.
one helluva product.
Snag I gotta do legs on wed think I could borrow those quads for an hour or two? Lol

linedriver465

linedriver465

Awards
Endurance by Formutech has a great profile with COP, BCAAs, and Beta Alanine, but unfortunately, it doesn't have the 4:1:1 or 8:1:1 ratio you're looking for. However, you could add bulk leucine powder to the mix to increase the ratio of leucine.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will look into this!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Power Shock. If you want a straight up quality BCAA product that mixes well and tastes really refreshing, Modern BCAA is great. Both are extremely cost effective.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
If your looking for a leucine loaded bcaa product, inner armours has over 6g of leucine per scoop. Tastes pretty good too