TwinLab Bloodpressure Control Log

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
After starting my 1test/OHT/4AD stack, my blood pressure and pulse were elevated quite a bit higher than normal. Usually Im around 118/60 with a pulse of around 65. 2 weeks into my cycle I was pushing 145/80 with a pulse of 85. Weather it was due to the androgens in my system or a sudden increase in water weight, Im not sure. I decided to try out TwinLab's Blood Pressure Control to see how effective it could be to control blood pressure while on androgenic hormones.

This is my first day of use, Ill check my blood pressure everyday and post up the results for those interested.

BV

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Keep us informed. What's in it?

dd

size

Awards
  • Established
You may want to add celery to your diet as celery seed helps with blood pressure.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Ive thought about that bro, but I wanted to see if this product works the way Ive heard it does. So, Im going to leave the celery seed extract out for a bit and try to gauge the results.

Keep us informed. What's in it?

dd
C12 peptide. Its a casein derivative that's been proven to lower blood pressure in a few clinical trials. Most reports Ive read on it are very positive.

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Your welcome! Its still to early to see if the product is having an effect, but it does seem that my pulse is consistently lower.

I found this link on androgen receptors and cardiac tissue:

http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/98/3/256

It's conclusion is something that we all pretty much know already, but its an interesting read.

I wonder if strong androgens can cause the heart to contract harder, pushing blood through the circulatory system with more force?

BV

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I know that Hawthorne Berry takes about 4-8 weeks to start having a noticable effect, so it may just be a matter of time.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
We'll see...have you ever used Hawthorn Berry?

Day 3

137/77 Pulse 80

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I use Hawthorne Berry year-round, after having BP blowups on M1T.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
What was your BP before the M1T use? Did it normalize after your stopped using it? What is it now that you take Hawthorn Berry? How much do you take a day?

I never checked my blood pressure the last time I used prohormones, but Im assuming it was high then too. I got serious about monitoring my BP after I learned that nearly everyone has it on my Mom's side of the family.

Im going to have to give Hawthorn Berry a try after this trial is over...thanks Brodus!

BV

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Got stats at home, will post tommorrow...in the office late tonight :(

But yes, it definitely helped.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Day 5
125/78 Pulse 74

Check it out - Systolic has dropped nearly 25mm/Hg in the past 4 days!

I should mention that each posted reading is the average of 4 tests - 2 on each arm while seated and at rest.

BV

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Wow...I'll definately be looking into that :D

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Impressive results if they stay put. Are you still currently on your 1test/OHT/4AD stack?

dd

Scrap

Board Supporter
Awards
Absolutely unbelieveable! I never see any measurable results in BP for at least two weeks or so using Hawthorne (I don't take it all the time)... Very intersting!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Check out this PubMed blurb on C12 peptide:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15533734

Im also surprised it seems to be working so fast, but its the only thing Ive changed from my daily food and supplement intake. My BP has been elevated for the past 3 weeks. Ive read anecdotal reviews around the web that said it worked really well and fairly quickly. Looks like they werent kidding!

Just curious - what was your BP before and after hawthorn?

BV

Scrap

Board Supporter
Awards
Just curious - what was your BP before and after hawthorn?
On my last (and probably my last of all time) cycle of M1T, my BP got really high - all the way up to 152/82 - I was getting headaches, etc. I started taking Hawthorne, and within a 5 week period (M1T cycle over 2 weeks into that 5 week period), my blood pressure got back into my "normal" range 121/79... I'm not sure how much of that I could attribute to the hawthorne, or how much of it was just from being off of M1T, but I figured the hawthorne didn't hurt. I usually take hawthorne while "on" anyway, and I always do after a cycle.

I'm going to give this TwinLabs product a go at some point in the future and see if it affects me the same... Keep us posted on your results!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Day 10

130/70 Pulse 80

BP as been a consistant 125-130 over 70 for the past 3 days. Im conviced that the Blood Pressure control is doing its thing. While it wasnt a proper scientific experiment with controls and whatnot, my blood pressure when from Level 1 Hypertension to Normal while on the same diet/supplements/hormones over the course of a week.

I have 5 days of it left, Ill keep taking readings until Im out. Ill be nearly a week into PCT then, Ill keep reading BP and see if there are any changes without the C12 peptide.

BV

cobra1414

Awards
Are taking the reccomended dose of two caps twice daily?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
2 pills 2x daily. (100mg C12 peptide 2x/day)

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Day 13

126/69 Pulse 74

Been on PCT for 4 days now...

BV

Scrap

Board Supporter
Awards
Wow. Impressive. I'm definitely going to run some. It's a bit expensive though at $43 for 30 days, but it looks like it works! I've done a little research to see if anyone else sells c-12 peptides, and it seems like Twinlab is the only one on the market. I did find some suppliers that can supply in bulk - might be a good opportunity for someone. :)

Thanks for the log!

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
No problemo Scrap! Would you mind PM'ing me those suppliers you found?

Thanks,
BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Day 2 (off)

126/67 Pulse 65

Been off the 1-test stack for 6 days now.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Is C-12 the same as Enzymatically Hydrolyzed Casein

I see Nestles puts it in their food which is used for people with VERY serious wounds

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Could you email me the supplier info too? I'm at hotmail with the same user ID. Thanks!

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I gave this a go as well. **** worked great. At the 4 day mark my BP started to decline. It went from 148/89 to 124/72 and stayed there. I'm going to be done with my second bottle in about 5 days. We'll see if it creeps back up.

Thanks for this feedback BV. Great info here. I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for this feedback BV. Great info here. I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive.
Anytime bro! What were you running to jack up your BP? That's almost exactly the same results I had. I did notice that when I came off the BPC, my blood pressure seemed to go back up to 135/80 until I dropped the water weight I had gained. I wasnt checking everyday though. Its now back down to normal.

It is pricey. I wish there were a place to buy in bulk because it works and it works *very* well. Scrap did send me a link to a company that produces it but I lost it, and they never returned emails.

BV

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
So I think you guys are all doing 2 caps twice per day, right. That's only 15-days per bottle. Sigh.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Unstoppable89 Supplements 3
DmitryWI Supplements 0
MentalTwitch Supplements 9
Supplements 0
General Chat 4