Takeing Whey

Unstoppable89

Unstoppable89

Awards
So I bought the Dymatize Elite Whey. Can anyone tell me how often should I take it? Only on exercise days? Post workout or pre-workout?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Protein is protein. No need to take it as some "special" time. Just use it for convenience or taste at times you would need some.

bananaClip

bananaClip

Awards
  • Established
if it has good flavor you can add it to coffee instead of creamer(im a sucker for honey and milk)
i use syntrax cappuccino
i drink it every morning, about 40g protein and idk maybe 200-300mg of caffein

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Take it like bolt said and/if you need more protein to fill macros for the day. That is good protein though :D

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
So I bought the Dymatize Elite Whey. Can anyone tell me how often should I take it? Only on exercise days? Post workout or pre-workout?
Nothing special, just take it as you feel you 'need' it.

boogyman

Awards
I have one after workouts..the only reason for that is I only have about 20 minutes after the gym to get ready for work. So I eat a banana, down a shake with some creatine, and go.

Also, the very rare occasion I may have had bad day diet wise and feel I need a little bit of protein, I'll have a shake in the evening to try and make up some of the difference.

BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Awards
Between your food and protein supplements aim to get between 1.5 and 2 grams per lb of lean body mass.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
Whey protein is part of you daily macros. So you can use it as necessary throughout the day. If im not able to eat whole foods i will use whey protein as my replacement. I will have a shake 45 to an hour before training and sometimes if im not doing whole food post workout i will use whey once again with my carbohydrate source.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
No problem man!

hossjob

hossjob

Awards
  • Established
Protein is protein. No need to take it as some "special" time. Just use it for convenience or taste at times you would need some.
Good advice. I haven't used protein powder in years to be honest. I don't do well with dairy products and I hate milk, ice cream, shakes, and anything with chocoloate or vanilla, can't even stand teh smell of either. I used to use Syntrax Nectar. Their Lemonade is awesome, but from time to time it'd cause heart burn. I typically stick with whole foods. As stated, you can use the whey protein any time you'd eat protein, but cannot or for convenience or if you like the flavor. Ideal times for whey - due to quick absorption - are morning, pre workout, and post workout.

I opt for EAA's at this personally, but that's because I'd rather eat my food. I enjoy mastication! :)

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are not hardcore into diet and dont understand macro's, just keep doing what your doing diet wise, and add in protein post workout. During that time, read and learn about diet and see how you can work it in different.

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
I generally use whey as my pre and post workout protein and at no other times of day. Once in a blue moon if in a huge rush whey may serve as a morning protein source.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
There's probably directions on label. Not the side with the pretty picture, the back side with the facts.
Get huge bro