Takeing Whey - AnabolicMinds.com

Takeing Whey

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  182 lbs.

Question Takeing Whey

So I bought the Dymatize Elite Whey. Can anyone tell me how often should I take it? Only on exercise days? Post workout or pre-workout?

2. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Protein is protein. No need to take it as some "special" time. Just use it for convenience or taste at times you would need some.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  164 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

if it has good flavor you can add it to coffee instead of creamer(im a sucker for honey and milk)
    i use syntrax cappuccino
    i drink it every morning, about 40g protein and idk maybe 200-300mg of caffein
    •   

4. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Take it like bolt said and/if you need more protein to fill macros for the day. That is good protein though
    PES Representative
    http://www.pescience.com/insider
    http://www.selectprotein.com
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Unstoppable89 View Post
    So I bought the Dymatize Elite Whey. Can anyone tell me how often should I take it? Only on exercise days? Post workout or pre-workout?
    Nothing special, just take it as you feel you 'need' it.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  184 lbs.

I have one after workouts..the only reason for that is I only have about 20 minutes after the gym to get ready for work. So I eat a banana, down a shake with some creatine, and go.

Also, the very rare occasion I may have had bad day diet wise and feel I need a little bit of protein, I'll have a shake in the evening to try and make up some of the difference.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  254 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Between your food and protein supplements aim to get between 1.5 and 2 grams per lb of lean body mass.
    BigMikeC----Americanmuscle.us
    Nothing I say constitutes medical advice. Please check with your medical professional before starting any diet or exercise program.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Whey protein is part of you daily macros. So you can use it as necessary throughout the day. If im not able to eat whole foods i will use whey protein as my replacement. I will have a shake 45 to an hour before training and sometimes if im not doing whole food post workout i will use whey once again with my carbohydrate source.
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  182 lbs.

Thanks for the answers guys
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

No problem man!
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
  11. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bolt10 View Post
    Protein is protein. No need to take it as some "special" time. Just use it for convenience or taste at times you would need some.
    Good advice. I haven't used protein powder in years to be honest. I don't do well with dairy products and I hate milk, ice cream, shakes, and anything with chocoloate or vanilla, can't even stand teh smell of either. I used to use Syntrax Nectar. Their Lemonade is awesome, but from time to time it'd cause heart burn. I typically stick with whole foods. As stated, you can use the whey protein any time you'd eat protein, but cannot or for convenience or if you like the flavor. Ideal times for whey - due to quick absorption - are morning, pre workout, and post workout.

I opt for EAA's at this personally, but that's because I'd rather eat my food. I enjoy mastication! :-)
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

If you are not hardcore into diet and dont understand macro's, just keep doing what your doing diet wise, and add in protein post workout. During that time, read and learn about diet and see how you can work it in different.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I generally use whey as my pre and post workout protein and at no other times of day. Once in a blue moon if in a huge rush whey may serve as a morning protein source.
    *CEO BROSER BUILT INTERNATIONAL www.broserbuilt.com*WRITER FOR PLANET MUSCLE/IRONMAN.MUSCLEANDFITNESS.COM*NGA PRO BODYBUILDER*PHYSIQUE TRANSFORMATION ARTIST/CONTEST PREP GURU
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

There's probably directions on label. Not the side with the pretty picture, the back side with the facts.
    Get huge bro
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. should i take whey or pro complex before bed
    By nightwing in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 10:56 AM
  2. How about not taking Whey?
    By RoidRageX10 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 05:29 AM
  3. How would I take creatine and whey together?
    By soseg in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 08:39 PM
  4. Taking whey while not exercising
    By swangswang in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2006, 11:23 PM
  5. Taking whey in combination with whole food?
    By Rock Lee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 04:15 AM