EC...... or just E

  1. EC...... or just E


    I was just wondering if caffeine was absolutely needed or if its just for energy and appetite. Im SUPER lean for my height and am worried too much suppression of appetite will cause rapid weight and muscle loss. I cut well as it is...


    Will just ephedrine be effective alone or are they THAT synergistic?


  2. Caffeine is needed. Its purpose goes beyond what you think.

    Caffeine inhibits PDE activity and prolongs and enhances thermogensis. PDE inactivates cAMP and inhibits thermogensis so yes caffeine is needed
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  3. Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Caffeine is needed. Its purpose goes beyond what you think.

    Caffeine inhibits PDE activity and prolongs and enhances thermogensis. PDE inactivates cAMP and inhibits thermogensis so yes caffeine is needed
    This. Without caffeine, forget it. No one ever got lean off bronkaid.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
    •   
       


  4. I see. I understand caffeine works in various ways just wasnt sure about ec. I thought ephedrine was a thermogenic on its own to a beneficial point. Thanks for the info.

    I also though about clen too. Id like to blast into single digits this summer. I was 10% last year from diet and routine.

  5. Same goes for methylsynephrine...add in caffeine and you'll see its benefits
    HIGH VOLUME - Supreme Stim-Free Nitric Oxide Matrix
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined

  6. Why are you using EC if you are super lean?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Why are you using EC if you are super lean?
    Genetically speaking I am lean. Limber. Im back up to 11-12% for a winter bulk. Getting to 10 will be easier this year than last but Id really like to get to 10...... then get to 8-9%. EC would be after I hit the same wall. If I dont have to use it I wont. Its very hard for me to cut and retain muscle genetically. I was 6'6" and 170 when I started a few years back.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by 6andaHalf View Post

    Genetically speaking I am lean. Limber. Im back up to 11-12% for a winter bulk. Getting to 10 will be easier this year than last but Id really like to get to 10...... then get to 8-9%. EC would be after I hit the same wall. If I dont have to use it I wont. Its very hard for me to cut and retain muscle genetically. I was 6'6" and 170 when I started a few years back.
    If you're already at 11-12% and wanting to hit 10% you probably don't need EC stack. If you're losing muscle cutting 1-2% body fat your training and nutrition should be investigated.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements

  9. Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy View Post

    If you're already at 11-12% and wanting to hit 10% you probably don't need EC stack. If you're losing muscle cutting 1-2% body fat your training and nutrition should be investigated.
    Getting to 10% isnt what I would use it for. Getting to 8-9% is when it may be helpful.... if I need it. Thats a 3-4% drop and a new realm for me. 10% is no sweat this year, Ill weigh 10-15 lbs more (all natty) and am pretty proud.

    Actually going to hit my first Hdrol cycle before the final cut though, so who knows where Ill be....

  10. Quote Originally Posted by 6andaHalf View Post

    Getting to 10% isnt what I would use it for. Getting to 8-9% is when it may be helpful.... if I need it. Thats a 3-4% drop and a new realm for me. 10% is no sweat this year, Ill weigh 10-15 lbs more (all natty) and am pretty proud.

    Actually going to hit my first Hdrol cycle before the final cut though, so who knows where Ill be....
    Oh right on, once you start creeping into single digits is when it becomes a different game.

    That halo cycle should help you out big time, keep us posted on your progress!
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements

  11. Quote Originally Posted by 6andaHalf View Post
    Genetically speaking I am lean. Limber. Im back up to 11-12% for a winter bulk. Getting to 10 will be easier this year than last but Id really like to get to 10...... then get to 8-9%. EC would be after I hit the same wall. If I dont have to use it I wont. Its very hard for me to cut and retain muscle genetically. I was 6'6" and 170 when I started a few years back.

    Understandable and well said bro.

    Mike

  12. c for sure

  13. Quote Originally Posted by kevinhy View Post

    Oh right on, once you start creeping into single digits is when it becomes a different game.

    That halo cycle should help you out big time, keep us posted on your progress!
    Will do! Thanks. Was going to straight bulk with halo but now Im thinking add in a decent amount of HIIT and just crush a recomp while lifting hard.... cant decide.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 06:52 AM
  2. Gutsy newbie or just crazy?
    By Pharcyde in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-22-2004, 08:57 PM
  3. Do I have gyno? or just a little precursor
    By Rictor33 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-19-2003, 10:13 AM
  4. Replies: 72
    Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:35 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-07-2003, 04:38 PM
Log in
Log in